Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin - Religion (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin (206974 Views)

Are You Married Or Preparing To? Biblical Verses That Will Strengthen You / >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << / Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 8:33pm On Nov 26, 2014
Gombs,

It's been a wonderful time on your thread. Happily it's ending on a high note for me with your friend agreeing with me and vooks on the 17.5% above. I must exit now to face a thread I promised here to make. I really do hope you can drop in and read up the materials there.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by nlMediator: 8:54pm On Nov 26, 2014
vooks:
Numbers and Miracles mean NOTHING for these reasons;
1. False religions can also boast of numbers and signs

2. MAJORITY of those turning to Christ are not drawn by the miraculous. I was not drawn by the miraculous

3. If numbers and signs vindicate a minister of the true gospel, then the converse is true; small numbers and NO signs are marks of a false gospel.

4. Signs and wonders do not necessarily turn people to Christ. Read Matthew 11:20-24

5. Paul was wearied by chronic sign seekers at the expense of the Word 1 Cor 1:22

6. The growth recorded in Acts was the ENTIRE church. Now it is sectarian, Oyaks vs Oyedepo vs Adefarsin.

Once again, why are numbers thrown at us? It was a noble thing for Bereans to examine if what Paul said was so. Now it is envying unmatched record.

Everything does not have to be “either or.” Large crowds are not the ultimate measure of truth nor are small crowds. Yet, each counts for something and can help us ascertain the truth by playing a confirmatory role. Rejecting large crowds because some false groups have large numbers is intellectually dishonest if you are not willing to accept the corollary (absurd, BTW) that some false groups also have small numbers and thus small churches are also false as a result.

Miracles alone do not draw people to God neither does teaching or preaching only. We can have both. In Acts 13:12, immediately after Paul caused Elymas the sorcerer to go blind, the Bible records that the proconsul got saved seeing what had been done and believing what had been preached.

Some people would rather let us rely on their interpretation of the Bible, laced with fancy statements and spiced up with entries from some Greek dictionary to determine what is true doctrine. But that’s not what the Bible says. Sometimes, the confirmation will have to come from physical evidence, including numbers and miracles. God could easily have confirmed the truth of Peter’s early preaching without adding thousands to the Church. But He chose to do so. We have no right to ignore such precedent. If people question whether God still heals, the proof is not simply by interpreting the Bible. It also includes evidence. As Jesus said, there is evidence that accompanies those that believe, including love, signs and wonders.

So, instead of arguing ad infinitum, we can go to God in prayer and ask Him to confirm His Word. That’s what I did recently when I had a challenge from the usual source about whether God still heals. Even though I can testify to the fact that God heals in our day, the challenge was strong. I asked God to confirm His position. The result was an extraordinary healing a few days later of a condition that 2 different doctors in separate places had said was incurable. This happened only a few months ago.

I guess I’m supposed to ignore all of that and spend countless hours listening to mumbo jumbo by some "scholar"?

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 9:00pm On Nov 26, 2014
WinsomeX:

Who has said anything about 10% * 11? It is nowhere on my post.

Apparently, since you had succeeded in twisting the percentage matter, I like vooks, resorted to using ordinary numbers and still arrived at the same answer.

If as a Maths Professional you will not admit an error you have so clearly made, how will admit to doctrinal errors?

Use the 100, 000 income you suggested to vooks and let's see your conclusion.

You never cease to amaze me! lol. . .you applauded vooks' math,now you deny him? notice he said 17.5% on a monthly average. all these were ok,you did not see them. grin

I see you want to bow out,cheer buddy,pls take trustman along.

@christembassey, when animals when get horn dey relate,snail too dey raise hand? grin

start from page 7 and update yourself,i was not calculating Peoples salaries,you blind? grin

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 9:07pm On Nov 26, 2014
Gombs,
The same pride you are exhibiting in fault finding coupled with FAILURE to admit goofing is the kind of attitude cult leaders dream of and move heavens to cultivate in their sheeple. That your conscience does not prick you means it is DEAD to correction. No amount of truth can penetrate it. Sad

I said 10% * 11= 110% not 110.

Let me help your puny brains overheat.
If you paid your full salary in Jan and tithed for the remaining 11 months, it is equivalent to tithing for twelve straight months plus throwing in 90% of a month's salary. How much are you paying per month?
1. The normal 10%
2. The one off antiretroviral January 90%

Now, spread the 90% across the 12 months and you get 7.5%. So per month you are giving the normal 10% plus the 'exceptional' 7.5%. Total is 17.5%

Go lick your wounds in private and come back refreshed and mannered angry

Gombs:

Simply admit wrong. 10%*11 is not equal to 110. Input 100, 000 into the formula I gave you and see magic. I never expected you to admit wrong, , it's your trademark. The above blue is totally crazy! grin

Fraction/percentage and the answer was in percentage? Dear Lord! grin 210, 000/1.2mill is 0.175 remember you put % outside the parenthesis, meaning your answer is 0.175%, which miraculously turned 17.5 still with the '%' undecided

Vooks, I don't have strength, you are right, carry go! grin

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 9:22pm On Nov 26, 2014
Gombs:

Stop quoting me! If you haven't found my reply to your wrong thinking of Acts 15, then please watch from afar, and stop quoting me. Apology huh? For telling you how you conveniently exercised your 'freedom of speech" and trading your honesty for a morsel of amala? undecided

I challenge you again to clearly paste where traded my honesty or else I put it to you that you are not only the dishonest one but devious.

Continue to live your life of duplicity and denial. Your double-dealing will soon be exposed.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 9:39pm On Nov 26, 2014
My broda,
When I receive my space gray iPhone 6+ 64Gb, I will mail you an antique KJV as a gift. Minimum 100 years young.

Now,I believe I was the first person to introduce that figure of 22% on this thread. There were two annual tithes per annum and a third one every third year. Dividing the third tithe by 3 you get 3.33. Add this to the first tithe 10% and the second 9% (10% of 90%) you get 22.3333% per annum in tithes. It never stopped at this, they still had other offerings as well. A modern pastor receiving 100% in Jan and 10% of gross pay every month of MANDATORY offerings receives 17.5% in total per annum. Like the Levites, it does not stop here. There be normal offerings, seeds and so forth. May be that was the point, I can only talk of the 17.5% as the minimum.

Now, about averages.
What is the average of this set of data; 10,10,10,10?
What about this, 10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10?

In both cases it is 10. This means somebody tithing faithfully for any number of months ends up giving a tithe of the total income over that period. For instance, if Gombs tithes Nov and Dec from his 100,000, his tithes for the two months total 20,000, 10,000 for each month. Total income over Nov and Dec is 200,000. So his average tithing is 20,000/200,000 or 10%. In other words, the average per month equals the average for the year as long as it is consistent. So when I say 17.5% per month or per annum, it means the same.

The modern tither still pays LESS than the Jew.

Tithing has some apparent benefits; consistency and discipline on the givers. May be God knew if Levites had no inheritance and there was no command to support them, they would starve and get distracted from service. The tithing Laws ensured they didn't.

But on the other hand, when I look at the death penalties such as on adultery and the fact that in Islamic nations, they actually appear to deter the vice, I wonder why this is not the NT way of life. So am not surprised that under one covenant God can COMMAND support for LEVITES and throw in promises and curses to enforce the same while in the other,there are no penalties whatsoever for not supporting ministers. This is how I understand Paul's RIGHT to be supported against 'as you purpose and without compulsion' appeal

mbaemeka:

Bro, I barely even had time to read this thread well or respond to my mentions but I saw the emboldened and it cracked me up. There was another ignoramus that said the "Pastors" collect more than the law-stipulated 22% and you guys had the nerves to question Gombs data interpretation skills? grin

First and foremost, your answer is correct no matter how you did wuru wuru to arrive at the answer (find out what wuru wuru signifies).

Secondly, the 22% by the law was it per annum or per month? If it was per annum then 17.5% is still less than it (word to the ignoramuses). And if the 22% is per month then it is still more than the 17.5%. Hope you see the flaw.

This was the wuru wuru --> grin grin and yea BTW Gombs was right. You cannot say 10% * 11 is 110.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 9:42pm On Nov 26, 2014
Candour:

Actually bro, no mog, no matter how crooked can defend 22% as tithe for christians. it's not honesty keeping them from it; it's common sense and the knowledge that they'll be biting off more than they can chew if they dare.

imagine bringing Deut 14:22-29 and Deut 26:12 into the fray to demand 22%?

I agree. The point is that a Tithe means one-tenth. So if I say I want to give a tithe it must be at least 10% or else I cannot say it was a tithe. What God expects from us in the NT is to give now out of love, so I can decide to be giving 35% of my income as a tithe which is even higher than it was during the OT. That's what I have been trying to show him.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 9:43pm On Nov 26, 2014
vooks:
Gombs,
[s]The same pride you are exhibiting in fault finding coupled with FAILURE to admit goofing is the kind of attitude cult leaders dream of and move heavens to cultivate in their sheeple. That your conscience does not prick you means it is DEAD to correction. No amount of truth can penetrate it. Sad

I said 10% * 11= 110% not 110.

[s]Let me help your puny brains overheat.
If you paid your full salary in Jan and tithed for the remaining 11 months, it is equivalent to tithing for twelve straight months plus throwing in 90% of a month's salary. How much are you paying per month?
1. The normal 10%
2. The one off antiretroviral January 90%

Now, spread the 90% across the 12 months and you get 7.5%. So per month you are giving the normal 10% plus the 'exceptional' 7.5%. Total is 17.5%

Go lick your wounds in private and come back refreshed and mannered angry[/s]

Vooks......... go and sleep o! As you think nothing nothing was wrong with your initial math, and percentages, and 'per monrh on average' ...fine. I thought the first one was sensible? Now you've remixed it.
Thanks. grin

Tell the poster whonquoted me last to follow WinsomeX please. Good night. It's been a great day here. cheesy
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 9:48pm On Nov 26, 2014
Sorry my broda if I came down on you too hard. You are good people.

Lala salama
Gombs:

Vooks......... go and sleep o! As nothing was wrong with your initial math, and percentages, fine. I thought the first one was sensible? Now you've remixed it.
Thanks. grin

Tell the poster whonquoted me last to follow WinsomeX please. Good night. It's been a great day here. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 9:48pm On Nov 26, 2014
vooks:
My broda,
When I receive my space gray iPhone 6+ 64Gb, I will mail you an antique KJV as a gift. Minimum 100 years young.

Now,I believe I was the first person to introduce that figure of 22% on this thread. There were two annual tithes per annum and a third one every third year. Dividing the third tithe by 3 you get 3.33. Add this to the first tithe 10% and the second 9% (10% of 90%) you get 22.3333% per annum in tithes. It never stopped at this, they still had other offerings as well. A modern pastor receiving 100% in Jan and 10% of gross pay every month of MANDATORY offerings receives 17.5% in total per annum. Like the Levites, it does not stop here. There be normal offerings, seeds and so forth. May be that was the point, I can only talk of the 17.5% as the minimum.

Now, about averages.
What is the average of this set of data; 10,10,10,10?
What about this, 10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10?

In both cases it is 10. This means somebody tithing faithfully for any number of months ends up giving a tithe of the total income over that period. For instance, if Gombs tithes Nov and Dec from his 100,000, his tithes for the two months total 20,000, 10,000 for each month. Total income over Nov and Dec is 200,000. So his average tithing is 20,000/200,000 or 10%. In other words, the average per month equals the average for the year as long as it is consistent. So when I say 17.5% per month or per annum, it means the same.

The modern tither still pays LESS than the Jew.

Tithing has some apparent benefits; consistency and discipline on the givers. May be God knew if Levites had no inheritance and there was no command to support them, they would starve and get distracted from service. The tithing Laws ensured they didn't.

But on the other hand, when I look at the death penalties such as on adultery and the fact that in Islamic nations, they actually appear to deter the vice, I wonder why this is not the NT way of life. So am not surprised that under one covenant God can COMMAND support for LEVITES and throw in promises and curses to enforce the same while in the other,there are no penalties whatsoever for not supporting ministers

I agree with everything you said above. Why I said the emboldened in the previous post cracked me up is that it contradicted what some other poster said and that poster was endorsing your post yet he didn't spot the contradiction which is: yes 17.5% whether per month or annum is right but it will be less than 22% whether per month or annum.

Wuru wuru meant that you shunted the process to arrive at your answer but now seeing that you wrote 110% and not 110 then you were also right.

Unfortunately, I support Arsenal FC so I am distracted by the champions league game I am currently watching.

cheers.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 9:54pm On Nov 26, 2014
mbaemeka:

I agree with everything you said above. Why I said the emboldened in the previous post cracked me up is that it contradicted what some other poster said and that poster was endorsing your post yet he didn't spot the contradiction which is: yes 17.5% whether per month or annum is right but it will be less than 22% whether per month or annum.

Wuru wuru meant that you shunted the process to arrive at your answer but now seeing that you wrote 110% and not 110 then you were also right.

Unfortunately, I support Arsenal FC so I am distracted by the champions league game I am currently watching.

cheers.

Ah...gunner noni... chop knuckle. No mind Sanogo and Arteta
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 9:55pm On Nov 26, 2014
Wenger sucked out all my love for the Game after 7 years of drought. Am an Arsenal fan but I watched the first game of the season last Saturday and was forlorn for the rest of the weekend plus Monday.

Chamberlain!!!!!!!!

mbaemeka:

cheers.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 10:44pm On Nov 26, 2014
It is unfortunate that for a Christian thread the level of truthfulness expected is only found in a few. That the forum is largely faceless should make owning up to error an easy thing.  But that is not to be. Even an exact and logical subject as maths is contested because some do not want to admit error. 

Is that a reflection of the personal lives of the players?

Those of us who say that tithing is no longer compulsorily required of the New Testament believer do so because We want Christians to enjoy the freedom into which Christ has set them free. 

Those who insist on tithing are leading them them into a yoke of slavery. 

Making Christians tithe by means of any carrot and stick approach is tantamount to manipulating them to give. Asking anyone to go back to the so-called pre-law or tithing by faith options is not only misleading but mischievous. 

When the Christian is not left to decide from his heart what to give, any system employed to get him to give becomes gimmick which nullifies the giving. It is that serious that Christians need to know how to give rightly.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by BabaGnoni: 12:01am On Nov 27, 2014
BabaGnoni:

I know you didnt drive down to the IPPC CONFERENCE but still believe you are familiar with and/or understand the above Highway Code signs
- one is a prohibition/order sign the other is a warning sign

As far as I know, no one as in, not WinsomeX, Candour, Shdemidemi, trustman and the rest of the crew have given the first sign but rather it has been a case of waving or flagging the second sign (i.e. the Warning sign)

So now Gombs, should one encourage a Christian to WARN about tithing
If Yes, why discourage a Christian to WARN on tithing then?. Why STOPPING a Christian to give WARNING(s) on tithing?

Gombs:
You can warn a Christian to stop tithing iF AND ONLY IF you have a scripture condeming tithing in its entirety. Until then, you have no right or set of rights, jurisdiction either comically, morally, theologically or arbitrarily to try and manipulate, conjure, coerce and/or lie to anyone to STOP or WARN them about paying their tithes.

BabaGnoni:
^^^
I give up. Facepalm. SMH

Gombs:
Wise choice buddy! You cannot blockbthe sun with one finger. Go and sin no more, your sins are forgiven you.
You obviously are not very familiar with the Highway Code signs
Warning sign is not a Stop sign and vice versa.
- Stop sign is an Order. Warning sign is what it says on the tin or label, a Warning (i.e. as in, be informed, be alert, be careful, be aware etcetera)

I had never CONDEMNED tithing but when opportune I've always intimated any that will listen of the higher law and warned of the unnecessity of tithing
- any act of choosing between to or not to is entirely up to the concerned after obtaining the information

Gombs, what I DETEST & CONDEMN is/are the teaching(s) that put fear into tithe-defaulter(s), tithe-abstainers, tithe-agnostics etcetera
What I dislike intensely and shrink from are people using "right or set of rights, jurisdiction either comically, morally, theologically or arbitrarily to try and manipulate, conjure, coerce and/or lie to anyone to paying their tithes"

No offense but you sounded like a baby in a pram crying when a toy was taken off him when you posted "You can warn a Christian to stop tithing iF AND ONLY IF you have a scripture condeming tithing in its entirety. Until then, you have no right or set of rights, jurisdiction either comically, morally, theologically or arbitrarily to try and manipulate, conjure, coerce and/or lie to anyone to STOP or WARN them about paying their tithes"

As for you saying "Wise choice buddy! You cannot block the sun with one finger. Go and sin no more, your sins are forgiven you."

Gombs, it wasn't a wise choice situation because I actually gave up on you and stopped hoping you'll see the light from the sun blocked with one finger
- I have repented of giving up on you, as everybody deserves another chance

Let's say like, the God of another chance(s) I too believe, we all deserve a second, third, fourth up to nth chance to get things right
Gombs, I believe in your ability to change and rise above tithe-ignorances and present or past tithe teaching mistakes

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by BabaGnoni: 12:02am On Nov 27, 2014
mbaemeka:
This is even more Gibberisher than the previous post.

Let me pace myself a bit with you since you are not as quick-witted as I had overestimated you to be.

If I was to tell you instances of Tetraplegics and Palsy sufferers who got healed instantly by the anointing of God, you would have disbelieved them even if I provided videos for you. Secondly, your incredulity is not limited to the Pastor I would have referred you to: it encompasses even many others abroad and ahome (on earth and in heaven for e.g Kenneth Hagin). So it made absolutely no sense for me to honor your questions with the sort of reply you were craving for. Lastly, you made a fallacy of Generalizing Hastily by making it seem like 'ALL' Healing school ministers avoided patients with the conditions above when you have NEVER attended any of the healing schools to corroborate such a statement. The same way you asserted that Christopher Columbus helped prove Galileos discoveries right even when Columbus had died before Galileo was born. I am sure you realise you are a tad too whimsical in your responses and they have always come back to bite you where the sun doesn't shine.

Now, let it be that none of the WOF or WOF related ministers I know have healed anyone suffering from the 2 conditions you mentioned. Let it be that the testimonies they have were all stage-managed. You who believes in Yahweh that heals, can you provide any evidences to back that claim or is it just hot-air (again) ? I.e are you just throwing the I-believe-Yahweh-can-heal-those-things line, even when you don't really believe?

PS: I ignored all your nonsense about verbatim quotes and the likes. You were dishonest enough to refuse to admit your Eve-serpent-sex, Kenneth Hagin-Apostle, Tower of Babel was mythical goof (s) so I don't expect you to take the humble route and keep mum now. And you have the temerity to call someone incorrigible and wallowing in ignorance? Hahahahahahaha!
You wouldn't recognise "Gibberish", if you read it. At this rate, you're wearing the poor "Gibberish" word thin
You wouldn't know what "Gibberish" is if it walked up to you and bite you on the bum
What you going to do, what's going to happen when you wear it thin-vanishing in to the air
- you must have just learnt the word, that's why you take to it like a shine, it's new on you LOL

Young man, if you must know, your words are empty and all that's coming out of your mouth is hot air
You're nothing worse than a disingenious windbag
Why does WoF deserve a windbag like this representing it
?

As a matter of gfact, you really need to shut up for a bit because with all that diarrhea of the mouth, you still aren't coherent as you think you are or be intelligent as you like to make out.
You will not shut up, which typically is a cover for your own shortcomings, inferiority complex and inadequacy(ies)
- Running dystentry, as he's talking shite

Aren't you sick of regurgitation, repeating the same thing on and on, behaving like a whinning or nagging old hag?

You sure would like to know about "Eve-serpent-sex" Don't you? LOL
You sure would like to know about the "Kenneth Hagin-Apostle" angle. Don't you? LOL
- "...Omniscience is not required for that. Simple deductive reasoning would do" © nlMediator
You sure would like to know about the "Tower of Babel" slant. Don't you? LOL

Well what of thinking about Pearls and Pigs?
- over your head and another candidate for your favourite word; "Gibberish" LOL

If you may know, young man, I have the temerity to call you, mbaemeka, incorrigible and wallowing in ignorance. Hahahahahahaha!
Yes, I do because you repeatedly dont take to advice to back up your allegations with proof (i.e. verbatim or the actual quotes)

You know why you are unable back your posts with quotes?
It is because if/when you do, you will fall flat on your face and fail in an embarrassingly epic way

Simple questions asked, especially Q2, and he is going on la-la land (i.e Lastly, you made a fallacy of Generalizing Hastily by making it seem like 'ALL' Healing school ministers avoided patients with the conditions above when you have NEVER attended any of the healing schools to corroborate such a statement)
The questions asked were the below:
Q1) Why are "healing" schools FULL of genuinely and undisputedly crippled wheelchair-ridden people who NEVER GET HEALED?
Q2) Why is cerebral palsy sufferer(s) turned away from approaching "healing" pastor(s) on stage at "healing" school(s)?

I stand by and have ALWAYS stood by whatever I post which is why I ALWAYS BOLDLY ask for verbatim or quotations to back up any raised trumped up charges and allegations
- I will go eyeball-to-eyeball, face-to-face, head-on, mano a mano, one-on-one, toe-to-toe with ten of you put together on anything I post

I am not frightened to speak on issues I understand nor apologetic of any of my posts. I always quote-reference posts I comment or remark on

No matter how much you elbow, spit, poke, scratch, bite, stab, head butt and prod, for the likes of youse, silence is often the best thing to say.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Goshen360(m): 4:04am On Nov 27, 2014
Image123:

Jay Jay Okocha! Yes, the man is in our midst. See him turning 360.

Ori yi wa n'be. grin grin grin

I follow give you "like"
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 4:29am On Nov 27, 2014
You almost got right.
Nowhere are we told that God CONFIRMED nothing with numbers. I may be wrong. Please show it
you are free to imagine all parameters of 'confirming' the word....but you confuse yourself when you apply that outside the four corners of your church wink

nlMediator:

Everything does not have to be “either or.” Large crowds are not the ultimate measure of truth nor are small crowds. Yet, each counts for something and can help us ascertain the truth by playing a confirmatory role. Rejecting large crowds because some false groups have large numbers is intellectually dishonest if you are not willing to accept the corollary (absurd, BTW) that some false groups also have small numbers and thus small churches are also false as a result.

Miracles alone do not draw people to God neither does teaching or preaching only. We can have both. In Acts 13:12, immediately after Paul caused Elymas the sorcerer to go blind, the Bible records that the proconsul got saved seeing what had been done and believing what had been preached.

Some people would rather let us rely on their interpretation of the Bible, laced with fancy statements and spiced up with entries from some Greek dictionary to determine what is true doctrine. But that’s not what the Bible says. Sometimes, the confirmation will have to come from physical evidence, including numbers and miracles. God could easily have confirmed the truth of Peter’s early preaching without adding thousands to the Church. But He chose to do so. We have no right to ignore such precedent. If people question whether God still heals, the proof is not simply by interpreting the Bible. It also includes evidence. As Jesus said, there is evidence that accompanies those that believe, including love, signs and wonders.

So, instead of arguing ad infinitum, we can go to God in prayer and ask Him to confirm His Word. That’s what I did recently when I had a challenge from the usual source about whether God still heals. Even though I can testify to the fact that God heals in our day, the challenge was strong. I asked God to confirm His position. The result was an extraordinary healing a few days later of a condition that 2 different doctors in separate places had said was incurable. This happened only a few months ago.

I guess I’m supposed to ignore all of that and spend countless hours listening to mumbo jumbo by some "scholar"?

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 6:23am On Nov 27, 2014
BabaGnoni:

You obviously are not very familiar with the Highway Code signs
Warning sign is not a Stop sign and vice versa.
- Stop sign is an Order. Warning sign is what it says on the tin or label, a Warning (i.e. as in, be informed, be alert, be careful, be aware etcetera)

I had never CONDEMNED tithing but when opportune I've always intimated any that will listen of the higher law and warned of the unnecessity of tithing
- any act of choosing between to or not to is entirely up to the concerned after obtaining the information

Gombs, what I DETEST & CONDEMN is/are the teaching(s) that put fear into tithe-defaulter(s), tithe-abstainers, tithe-agnostics etcetera
What I dislike intensely and shrink from are people using "right or set of rights, jurisdiction either comically, morally, theologically or arbitrarily to try and manipulate, conjure, coerce and/or lie to anyone to paying their tithes"

No offense but you sounded like a baby in a pram crying when a toy was taken off him when you posted "You can warn a Christian to stop tithing iF AND ONLY IF you have a scripture condeming tithing in its entirety. Until then, you have no right or set of rights, jurisdiction either comically, morally, theologically or arbitrarily to try and manipulate, conjure, coerce and/or lie to anyone to STOP or WARN them about paying their tithes"

As for you saying "Wise choice buddy! You cannot block the sun with one finger. Go and sin no more, your sins are forgiven you."

Gombs, it wasn't a wise choice situation because I actually gave up on you and stopped hoping you'll see the light from the sun blocked with one finger
- I have repented of giving up on you, as everybody deserves another chance

Let's say like, the God of another chance(s) I too believe, we all deserve a second, third, fourth up to nth chance to get things right
Gombs, I believe in your ability to change and rise above tithe-ignorances and present or past tithe teaching mistakes

My man, good morning. Well I quite agree with most of your write ups, especially folks being threatened from the pulpit and sometimes forced to tithe. Notwithstanding, I also believe your warning and stop sign illustration are almost same thing.

A brother who's known and loved tithing maybe from experiences cannot be warned to stop, neither will want to stop. With further warning and stop signs, you only make yourself an entity trying to hack down his liberty to tithe.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 6:38am On Nov 27, 2014
Meanwhile, a little devotion! Vooks, take opening praeyers.... mba... closing prayer

All Creation Has Intelligence !

And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, Peace, be still: and the wind ceased, and there was a great calm (Mark 4:39).

All of creation, both living and non-living, has intelligence. This is so clear in the Word of God. Jesus talked to the wind, to water, to bread, to fish, and even to a tree! In the valley of dry bones, the Lord instructed Ezekiel to prophesy to the bones. When he did, the Bible says there was a noise, and the bones came together, bone to its bone (Ezekiel 37:1-7). So, not only did the bones hear words, they had the intelligence of memory, such that even though they had been detached from each other for a long time, at the word of the prophet, every bone knew exactly which bone to connect to. No bone belonging to A, went to B. Every bone went to its original owner; that’s some intelligence!

If you study the first chapter of Genesis, you’ll understand why everything has intelligence. In the third verse, the Bible says, “And God said....” That’s the key! Throughout the chapter, we find many instances where God gave the Word and everything He said came to be, and retained intelligence. For instance, when He commanded the water to bring forth fishes from the sea, the water retained the “programming,” and produced the fishes. Thus, both the water and the fishes that came out of it were connected to the programming of God’s Word.

By talking to those elements, God communicated and programmed energy into them, and they retained it. Now you can understand why we must speak by the anointing of the Spirit, because the Holy Spirit helps to programme the right meaning into our words. Speak to your body, your car, your business, and everything connected to you—for they all have intelligence. Speak what you want to see, and what you want them to bring forth, and it shall be so. Remember, your mouth was given to you to chart your way in life, to programme your life from victory to victory and from glory to glory.

Confession...
I declare that health, peace, joy, prosperity, victory and the glorious life are my present-hour possessions in Christ Jesus. Everything about my life is perfected in Christ! I walk in dominion and success today. Halleluiah!

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 27, 2014
Gombs:

My man, good morning. Well I quite agree with most of your write ups, especially folks being threatened from the pulpit and sometimes forced to tithe. Notwithstanding, I also believe your warning and stop sign illustration are almost same thing.

A brother who's known and loved tithing maybe from experiences cannot be warned to stop, neither will want to stop. With further warning and stop signs, you only make yourself an entity trying to hack down his liberty to tithe.
Good observation. The same way they accuse tithers of legalism is the same they legalistically argue against the tithe. I hope he sees it that way.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by BabaGnoni: 7:51am On Nov 27, 2014
Gombs:

Bidam:
Good observation. The same way they accuse tithers of legalism is the same they legalistically argue against the tithe. I hope he sees it that way.
I know you arent familiar with the Highway Code that much, repeat what you said in a driving licence test that "warning and stop sign illustration are almost same thing" is a guaranteed failure to obtain the driving licence

Dont where or how Gombs came about " warned to stop"
Who is warning to stop?
- there is a BIG difference between "warning to stop" and "warning of the unneccesity of tithing (i.e. warned to avoid falling into the trap of tithe legalism)"

Legalism is dangerous, hope Bidam sees it that way and that Christians be warned to avoid falling into the trap of tithe legalism

No one has stopped anyone from tithing except than offer warning(s) of the unneccesity of tithing
No one has put guns to anyone's head to stop them from tithing.
As yall support and advocate the right to tithe, same, yall let be the right of/for others to warn of the unneccesity of tithing

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 27, 2014
BabaGnoni:

I know you arent familiar with the Highway Code that much, repeat what you said in a driving licence test that "warning and stop sign illustration are almost same thing" is a guaranteed failure to obtain the driving licence

Dont where or how Gombs came about " warned to stop"
Who is warning to stop?
- there is a BIG difference between "warning to stop" and "warning of the unneccesity of tithing (i.e. warned to avoid falling into the trap of tithe legalism)"

Legalism is dangerous, hope Bidam sees it that way and that Christians be warned to avoid falling into the trap of tithe legalism

No one has stopped anyone from tithing except than offer warning(s) of the unneccesity of tithing
No one has put guns to anyone's head to stop them from tithing.
As yall support and advocate the right to tithe, same, yall let be the right of/for others to warn of the unneccesity of tithing
The truth is you can't make rules for me by warning me even if i am to eat meat offered to idols. That is my point. Can you point to any post of mine where i warned a christian to tithe. Antithers are always the folks opening threads all over this forum to attack peoples liberty to tithe.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by BabaGnoni: 8:18am On Nov 27, 2014
Bidam:
The truth is you can't make rules for me by warning me even if i am to eat meat offered to idols.
That is my point. Can you point to any post of mine where i warned a christian to tithe.
Antithers are always the folks opening threads all over this forum to attack peoples liberty to tithe.
LOL
- typical of a tithe lobbyist, thinking about rules, mistaking need to know information for "rules"

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 27, 2014
BabaGnoni:

LOL
- typical of a tithe lobbyist, thinking about rules, mistaking need to know information for "rules"
So what are do's and don'ts in your vast professorial knowledge? Is it not warnings that you kept repeating in your post? Why twist it like a serpent. grin
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 8:30am On Nov 27, 2014
Bidam:
The truth is you can't make rules for me by warning me even if i am to eat meat offered to idols. That is my point. Can you point to any post of mine where i warned a christian to tithe. Antithers are always the folks opening threads all over this forum to attack peoples liberty to tithe.

Exactly. There are tons of threads here completely calling for a stop to tithing, others were notable for insulting ministers and ministries. How bbg was able to conclude thus is very worrisome.

The latter part of the above seems to be the new stand of anti tithers... "warnings of the unneccesity of tithing? "... Really? Remember when you were castigting WoF and tithing? Were you offering warning or calling for a halt of tithing cum painting em ministers in bad light, just to hang them?

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 8:37am On Nov 27, 2014
You have sermons, books,devotionals on first fruits and tithing, ministers supposedly appealing to scriptures teaching you the NECESSITY tithing and the hellish consequences of not tithing. They teach these at Foundation schools am sure. Telling you God does not curse but men bring themselves under his curse......devourer,HIV...

You also have threads,teachings that tithing is not a requirement for Christians, that there are no consequences for not tithing any more than there are for not circumcising or keeping Feasts. They appeal to scriptures.

Why do you happily imagine that one is making rules and the other is not?
Gombs:

Exactly. There are tons of threads here completely calling for a stop to tithing, others were notable for insulting ministers and ministries. How bbg was able to conclude thu is very worrisome.

The latter part of the above seems to be the new stand of anti tithers... "warnings of the unneccesity of tithing? "... Really? Remember when you were castigting T. D jakes?

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 9:29am On Nov 27, 2014
BabaGnoni:

LOL

BabaGnoni, You've succinctly put forward the points. Like it's usually said: 'A word is enough for the WISE'

I've said it somewhere that the label antitither(s) is a MISNOMER. None of us on this side of the divide is putting up a STOP SIGN. That will be against the liberty of the believer. Unfortunately just as the simplest of Highway Code signs is strange to many, our WARNING SIGN is perhaps unfamiliar to those on the other side of the tithe debate. Rather than take time to UNDERSTAND the differences in the signs they would rather stick to their long-held positions. 

Talking about road signs I've recently had to send a driver to a Driving School because, even though he 'drives', he lacked the basic knowledge about driving, not to talk about road signs.  Strange? Not in our Naija context really. He was given a notebook to put down each day's theoretical & practical  activities hoping that will reinforce his learning.  

When faced with new realities the Christian needs to take the same kind of step I gave that driver - go and relearn. Humility will make it possible to learn, arrogance and defiance will make it impossible. 

A pastor I've benefited from made this statement:
 'A right thing done in a wrong way is wrong. 
A wrong thing done in a right way is wrong. 
A right thing has to be done in the right way for it to be right.'

Our people need to know, in this case, that a legitimate thing such as giving done in the wrong way is wrong before God. Giving, which is a right thing to do, must be done in the right way for it to be right before God. 

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 9:29am On Nov 27, 2014
vooks:
You have sermons, books,devotionals on first fruits and tithing, ministers supposedly appealing to scriptures teaching you the NECESSITY tithing and the hellish consequences of not tithing. They teach these at Foundation schools am sure. Telling you God does not curse but men bring themselves under his curse......devourer,HIV...

You also have threads,teachings that tithing is not a requirement for Christians, that there are no consequences for not tithing any more than there are for not circumcising or keeping Feasts. They appeal to scriptures.

vooks,folks who tithe were taught how to and why, this is a far cry fry what anti tither do. they want tithing to stop being taught.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 9:31am On Nov 27, 2014
vooks:

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 9:54am On Nov 27, 2014
Gombs:

vooks,folks who tithe were taught how to and why, this is a far cry fry what anti tither do. they want tithing to stop being taught.

My broda,
when the HOW and WHY are interrogated, they are found to be unscriptural and quite dishonest.

My own Empress is a faithful tither. I do not tithe, haven't done it all of this year. before that, I been tithing for the longest ever since I learnt about the doctrine. All I did was to reexamine the doctrine. I can tell you that all along I had some reservations about the way Malachi was overused. Slight reservations. I had always believed that tithing was practiced since Pentecost. Then I discovered that it started 500 years after. Not unlike Christmas. The next question was WHY. Why would such a doctrine with such immense consequences be missing from the church for hundreds of years?

I began to see systematic misuses of tithing verses. Then I made up my mind. No more tithing. One buddy of mine flew to Norway and he called me. Said he had seen me in a dream and I was giving him my tithes. THe dude is a great guy, a prophet, a man who stood with me in prayers and fasting. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. He is a missionary there but here was he aksing me to tithe to him and not my church. I waited for God to give me the same dream but of course he never did

2 Corinthians 13:5 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Long story but the point is, please over and above the terrible insults and pride that fly across both sides of the divide, examine your doctrine. It helps to look outside your spiritual authority. If you are CE and CE teach tithing, then all literature will be biased towards that. Independent sources help alot. I can share afew. Don't study them in defense mode, seek the truth out of them.

I don't want you to stop tithing, I want you to understand tithing and then like me you make up your mind whether that is for you or not

Will a Man Rob God?
http://www.biblicalfoundations.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/32-Tithing1.pdf

Reconstructing a Biblical Model for Giving:
http://www.biblicalfoundations.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/33-Tithing2.pdf

http://www.tithing.com/
http://www.tithing.com/Breaking-and-Embracing.pdf#zoom=100

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 11:18am On Nov 27, 2014
[quote author=vooks post=28385698]

My broda,
when the HOW and WHY are interrogated, they are found to be unscriptural and quite dishonest.

Care to explain why tithinhy is unscriptural and dishonest?

My own Empress is a faithful tither. I do not tithe, haven't done it all of this year. before that, I been tithing for the longest ever since I learnt about the doctrine. All I did was to reexamine the doctrine. I can tell you that all along I had some reservations about the way Malachi was overused. Slight reservations. I had always believed that tithing was practiced since Pentecost. Then I discovered that it started 500 years after. Not unlike Christmas. The next question was WHY. Why would such a doctrine with such immense consequences be missing from the church for hundreds of years?

So, tithing is now a doctrine? undecided

I began to see systematic misuses of tithing verses. Then I made up my mind. No more tithing. One buddy of mine flew to Norway and he called me. Said he had seen me in a dream and I was giving him my tithes. THe dude is a great guy, a prophet, a man who stood with me in prayers and fasting. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. He is a missionary there but here was he aksing me to tithe to him and not my church. I waited for God to give me the same dream but of course he never did

Do you have a pastor? As in, do you have a spiritual father? By spiritual father, I don't mean God.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Outta discuss. This scripture is not relevant here.

Long story but the point is, please over and above the terrible insults and pride that fly across both sides of the divide, examine your doctrine. It helps to look outside your spiritual authority. If you are CE and CE teach tithing, then all literature will be biased towards that. Independent sources help alot. I can share afew. Don't study them in defense mode, seek the truth out of them.

Why haven't you studied the ones youve been given, not in defense mode, but to seek the truth out of them?

I don't want you to stop tithing, I want you to understand tithing and then like me you make up your mind whether that is for you or not

I do understand tithing, I've made up my mind long time ago...it's for me. smiley

Will a Man Rob God?
http://www.biblicalfoundations.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/32-Tithing1.pdf

Reconstructing a Biblical Model for Giving:
http://www.biblicalfoundations.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/33-Tithing2.pdf

http://www.tithing.com/
http://www.tithing.com/Breaking-and-Embracing.pdf#zoom=100

I can also give you web links too...alot of them too cheesy
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 11:47am On Nov 27, 2014
Gombs:

Care to explain why tithinhy is unscriptural and dishonest?
Start with why you do 10% while the Jew did 22%. Wait, yours is Abrahamic? Why then do you resort to Malachi which is directed at 22%-ers?

So, tithing is now a doctrine?
What is it? A high school subject?

Do you have a pastor? As in, do you have a spiritual father? By spiritual father, I don't mean God.
Who/what is a spiritual father?
Outta discuss. This scripture is not relevant here.
Focus on the examine and the faith bit. I did and dug up lies I had suppressed for years

Why haven't you studied the ones youve been given, not in defense mode, but to seek the truth out of them?
I probably tithed first when you were still in your diapers. Been there,done that. You on the other hand know only CE truth
I can also give you web links too...alot of them too
Please take time and go through them in your own time. Of course it is embarassing to admit to your fellow CE guys here that you have a crisis of conscience. It definetly helps to parade your solidarity with Oyaks to your pals. I understand that perfectly cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (103) (Reply)

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / Cultism, The Spiritual Consequences And Deliverance Through Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 189
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.