Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

List Of Uk Clearance Stores - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / List Of Uk Clearance Stores (6433 Views)

Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria / Delivery Of Uk Purchase To Nigeria / How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Uk Clearance Stores by MT: 12:27pm On Nov 14, 2008
Could we please list the location of various known Clearance Shops / Market (where a good deal could be gotten) in the UK?. I hope this will be of immense benefits to tourist visiting the UK as well as those coming in on business trips.

Let me kick start it by saying Liverpool Street
Re: List Of Uk Clearance Stores by naijacutee(f): 1:54pm On Nov 14, 2008
Most shops in UK have clearance seasons when they clear off their old stock to make room for new stock. I'm not sure this is what you mean?
Re: List Of Uk Clearance Stores by lucabrasi(m): 1:59pm On Nov 14, 2008
i wouldnt advice clearance stores but auctions where things are relatively cheaper if buying in bulk,china is another good place as well because all the pound shop s in uk actually buy from china and re sell here same as the little woods,argos e.t.c
Re: List Of Uk Clearance Stores by MT: 3:00pm On Nov 14, 2008
@lucabrasi

i wouldnt advice clearance stores but auctions where things are relatively cheaper if buying in bulk,china is another good place as well because all the pound shop s in uk actually buy from china and re sell here same as the little woods,argos e.t.c
I agree auctions are the best, and you can still provide us with some of the locations of the auction sales. However, I still guess that some of the popular stores (e.g debenhams) do not sell their products in the auction or what do u think?

@naijacutee

Most shops in UK have clearance seasons when they clear off their old stock to make room for new stock. I'm not sure this is what you mean?

Thats what i was referring to. However, most of the popular shops eg debenhams, NEXT etc have locations outside the city dedicated for their clearance sales while few others sell within their city shops. So, if you have the locations of the clearance shops where some of these big shops sell their products, you can furnish us with it.
Re: List Of Uk Clearance Stores by kokorunna(m): 6:52pm On Nov 14, 2008
Majority of the shops in the UK are doing SALES, SALES, SALES.

Its been SALES galore all year round, some are even closing down and thats where you can pick up cheap nice goods. grin grin grin
Re: List Of Uk Clearance Stores by cuppycake(f): 9:45pm On Nov 16, 2008
The thing abut shopping in the UK is this that Most Nigerians prefer to see logos, eg Dorothy Perkins, next, and etc. This makes it difficult to sell stuff from Liverpool street Market all year round.

The problem with Liverpool street is that you do not know when good stuff are going to be displayed. Fr this reason, it is difficult for someone coming from outside to profit from shopping t Liverpool street.

All the high street shops have a sale season. I can assure you of two major sale periods in the year:
- end of summer, usually june ending-start of August . Mainly July.
-end of year-starting December 26th to the new year.

If you want to buy UK stuff and take to 9ja for sale, you can never go wrong shopping at these times. There are other sale periods, like mid-season sales and stuff. The only problem might be getting a good bulk of items worn in Nigeria.

You really don't need a specific location cos almost every city in the UK has a high street. You would be better off shopping on Oxford high street during sales because it has nearly all the shops.

Better still, if you know smeone who can buy stuff for you every now and then depending n price drop, it will do you good, first because when yu re not in a hurry you tend to make better choices in the long run.

I'm not saying Liverpool street is not good. I have personally bought  few good items there myself. It's just that you may go in the wrong season, and all your money will be wasted.

I can also suggest Finsbury Park. They have great stuff for sale though it's not a high street, and I was there last December. The prices of clothes were reasonably cheap, and they were also good quality.

The list of shopsis endless:
Debenhams
Next
Next clearance (I know one in Bristol)
Dorothy Perkins
Barratts

You can just go on and on. It's best to see for yourself.

I hope this helps.
Re: List Of Uk Clearance Stores by MT: 11:21am On Nov 17, 2008
@cuppycake

I totally agree with your submission. Thanks
Re: List Of Uk Clearance Stores by fellybabe(f): 6:23pm On Nov 20, 2008
thanks for the information.

moreeeeeeeeeeeee, pls
Re: List Of Uk Clearance Stores by ekeroyal(m): 11:28pm On Jul 27, 2009
Dear Comrades,

If for any reason you wish to buy anything online, PLEASE BE WARY OF THE CHINESE PEOPLE. Many of them are scammers, places like alibaba.com and tradekey.com and the likes are hide outs. The owners of this sites seems to be behind them. If you want to catch them just tell them you stay in China and would want to receive the goods by hand yourself. They will simply run away.
Re: List Of Uk Clearance Stores by ohsayprovider: 12:53pm On Aug 12, 2012

(1) (Reply)

What Do I Invest 100k With or what kind of business can i do with 100k Pls Help / Having Problem To Generate My Gtb Naira Mastercard Securecode / Take Up My Potato/plantain Chips Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.