Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - Free Nation today - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - Free Nation today (10946 Views)

W.H.O Has Officially Declared Nigeria Ebola Free / WHO Set To Declare Nigeria And Senegal Ebola-free Zones / Discharged Ebola Patients MAY Still Be Infectious - W.H.O (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - Free Nation today by molydonhenry(m): 9:15am On Oct 20, 2014
I hope so o... coz I still feel They will com up wid one propaganda and delay it. Declare or not, naija has conquered
Re: W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - Free Nation today by Tallesty1(m): 9:17am On Oct 20, 2014
Obama's BP has gone up alreadytongue
Re: W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - Free Nation today by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 20, 2014
Always making fun when we need to be serious.. so what if we become ebola-free today, are our borders not still open
Re: W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - Free Nation today by Rapsainot(m): 9:19am On Oct 20, 2014
obainojazz:
what if Ebola entered d north....would they have stopped the spread....dose funny northerners would have killed everybody with ebola
what is this one saying undecided
Re: W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - Free Nation today by obainojazz(m): 9:22am On Oct 20, 2014
Rapsainot:
what is this one saying undecided
u don dey mad
...tap out....since u no get sense....buahhahhha
Re: W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - Free Nation today by Niyonice(m): 9:22am On Oct 20, 2014
Good news Nigeria, that's a positive reputation for the nation.
Re: W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - Free Nation today by lonelydora: 9:25am On Oct 20, 2014
And Donald Trump is still there saying they should stop planes from West Africa.

Another fresh air from GEJ.

*runs out of thread before anti-GEJs catch me*
Re: W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - Free Nation today by justwise(m): 9:25am On Oct 20, 2014
Done already

Meanwhile, Nigeria has been taken off the list of ebola-affected countries.

The World Health Organisation said the Nigerian government had been "very successful" in controlling cases of the virus.

More than 4,500 people have been killed in the outbreak - the majority in Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea.

The news comes as British ebola survivor Will Pooley flew back to West Africa, where he caught the disease, to rejoin the battle against the epidemic.
http://news.sky.com/story/1356230/spanish-ebola-nurse-cleared-of-deadly-virus

Re: W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - Free Nation today by Rapsainot(m): 9:26am On Oct 20, 2014
obainojazz:
u don dey mad
...tap out....since u no get sense....buahhahhha
oh! I don't even knew I quoted an ******.. I'm sorry bro , I'll never cross your path again.
Re: W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - Free Nation today by Dreyl(m): 9:30am On Oct 20, 2014
Ok
Re: W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - Free Nation today by Dammyjohn(m): 9:32am On Oct 20, 2014
The word of GOD says and I quote."Many are the afflictions of the righteous but the LORD GOG delivered them from them all".
Nigeria is set free.No more Ebola in JESUS name!
Re: W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - Free Nation today by oshe11: 9:33am On Oct 20, 2014
otijah:
I am still wondering why they are to declare my country Ebola free. I smell Apc handworks in this delay
really
Re: W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - Free Nation today by 76Naira(m): 9:44am On Oct 20, 2014
InvertedHammer:
/.
The harm has been done.

Call it guilty by association. Each time Ebola is mentioned, Nigeria comes into the news.

When you fill out immigration form, you state you are coming from Nigeria and the Immigration officer tells you to join Line B...who are you going to call to protest? W.H.O? Even some Nigerians who are planning on going to Nigeria including mua are on standby mode. It is not that we may contact Ebola, just the stigma on coming back from colleagues is enough deterrent. The concerns may not be voiced out, but the body language will tell all the stories.

This is medicine after that. But if it makes you feel any better, so be it.

/

You are right on a couple of points but the ultimate desire and ability to maintain self pride rests with you.
I also work internationally and I have been in Kuwait, US and UAE during this Ebola saga.
Yes they look at you twice but that's about it.

Americans and Spanish are still travelling freely and flaunting their passports even if they require more time to be declared free.
Are you aware Belize just denied the US access to a cruise ship because an American with possible contact was on board?
http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/10/17/belize-refuses-entry-to-cruise-ship-carrying-texas-hospital-worker-who-may-have-handled-ebola-victims-specimen/

The world is 7 billion and counting, the Viruses are some of the oldest enemies and such battles would get tougher.
From the black plague to the Asian flu and now Marburg or Ebola, we will prevail.
Re: W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - Free Nation today by takpo(f): 9:55am On Oct 20, 2014
Thank God! Nigeria is a blessed country
Re: W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - Free Nation today by Rapsainot(m): 10:03am On Oct 20, 2014
takpo:
Thank God! Nigeria is a blessed country
first post!!! Welcome to NAIRALAND
Re: W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - Free Nation today by sanerugwei: 10:09am On Oct 20, 2014
The should do it already, today is here alright.
What are they still waiting for.
No time to waste time...Mek dem declare the declaration fast fast
Re: W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - Free Nation today by sexzskil(f): 10:12am On Oct 20, 2014
Who are REALLY the united nations?

UK

And...

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!
Re: W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - Free Nation today by deletrue: 10:26am On Oct 20, 2014
No body should dare praise the ebola freedom to FG in Nigeria. Instead it should go to all apc members, especially Amaechi who has since promised to die before or within this 2015 presidential election because, according to him, the crowd that followed Buhari during his declaration of interest was much such that if he, Buhari fails, it is a clear case of rigging and therefore, felt he should die.
May you not die because I am giving you the glory of ebola freedom declaration coming up today by WHO to you in advance. May that violent spirit that is caused by the 'cultist oat' taken by all members of apc NEVER be EFFECTIVE so that no violent will be recorded before, during and after the general elections, thr. Jesus Christ, Amen. May the OAT taken by particularly people like Oyegun, Ogbeh who were very conscious and normal but became highly evil minded as soon as they joined and become members of apc never come to pass, Amen. These two men have since told Nigeeians that BRINGBACKOURGIRLS protesters are also members of apc.
Re: W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - Free Nation today by athorello(m): 10:27am On Oct 20, 2014
Containing ebola from being an epidemic has added colour to our reputation. At least we know Nigeria can work. W.H.O declaring us 'Ebola free' will not remove the stigma on ground (I don't really care about that). Further more, Nigeria (any other part of the world) is not safe untill the world is ebola free.
Re: W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - Free Nation today by athorello(m): 10:30am On Oct 20, 2014
Nigerians are righteous! Wow! This dude....eh?
Dammyjohn:
The word of GOD says and I quote."Many are the afflictions of the righteous but the LORD GOG delivered them from them all".
Nigeria is set free.No more Ebola in JESUS name!
Re: W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - Free Nation today by linearity: 10:30am On Oct 20, 2014
kmaz:
W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - free nation today after successfully completing over 21days incubation period since the last known case.

Little correction, a country is declared free after twice the virus incubation period had elapsed and no new reported case since the last reported case.

The last report case in Nigeria was on September 5, hence Nigeria will get her 42 days certificate today, Monday.
Re: W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - Free Nation today by numericalguy(m): 10:50am On Oct 20, 2014
Was it not an American by name Patrick Sawyer that imported the deadly deases into Nigeria in the first instance?

Those silly Americans should not be granted visa into Nigeria untill they have solved their Ebola infested problem.

I hereby make a pationate request and appeal to the Nigerian government to come to aid of the Ebola infested country called America to help in treating them with our modern and scientific methods of treating the Ebola epidemic because America surelly need our help.
Re: W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - Free Nation today by saltoftheearth: 10:53am On Oct 20, 2014
Even this officer was humbled. Ebola no dey look face.

Watch what happens when this officer discovered Ebola was in the vicinity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgem9TfwnSA

https://www.nairaland.com/1922140/ebola-papers

Re: W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - Free Nation today by peachylee(f): 11:02am On Oct 20, 2014
kmaz:
W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - free nation today after successfully completing over 21days incubation period since the last known case.

wetin Dem con de wait for?
Re: W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - Free Nation today by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 20, 2014
Let them be fast about it, cos flavour (na abania) must go to dominican...n dat crack hole called colombia go remove naija from their travellin ban
Re: W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - Free Nation today by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 20, 2014
Johnnoo:
America, Columbia & all who ridicule Nigeria over Ebola can now go and die grin

Dindinrin, it's Colombia.

And they made the right call.
Re: W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - Free Nation today by aprokomania(m): 11:26am On Oct 20, 2014
can I eat monkey meat now?
Re: W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - Free Nation today by Xphantom(m): 11:35am On Oct 20, 2014
Re: W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - Free Nation today by 1stola: 11:38am On Oct 20, 2014
So, What should we do now?
btw, who is who?
Re: W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - Free Nation today by Bitojoe(m): 11:43am On Oct 20, 2014
kmaz:

i dont care weda they declare it or not.but i know dat whosoever the son of God set free is free indeed.therefore, i declare it that Nigeria is freeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeee
Re: W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - Free Nation today by tayorx(m): 11:53am On Oct 20, 2014
Wetin dem dey wait 4,abi na 11:59pm dem 1 do d talk ni shocked
Re: W.H.O is expected to declare Nigeria an Ebola - Free Nation today by Johnnoo(m): 12:55pm On Oct 20, 2014
CityNG:

Dindinrin, it's Colombia.

And they made the right call.

grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kafura, What Is The Use? / What Is The Cost Of C- Section In Nigeria / Fertility Supplements (serrapeptase, Xixiancao, Yimucao, Wobenzym, Etc) Availabl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.