Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Used Bmw X5 Overheating - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Used Bmw X5 Overheating (1218 Views)

Overheating – All You Need To Know / What Causes Overheating And How Can It Be Totally Prevented / BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Used Bmw X5 Overheating by bsghaulage: 8:24am On Oct 20, 2014
Good morning people hv been offered a very clean 2003 BMW x5 3.0 litre engine I like the car but the owner complained of overheating, is it safe to buy the car with the hope that the overheating can be repaired? If you know about BMW x5 pls advice.
Re: Used Bmw X5 Overheating by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:34am On Oct 20, 2014
its all depends on the price, if i were the one i would buy it assuming there was no engine. worst case scenario you buy a new engine.

3 Likes

Re: Used Bmw X5 Overheating by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 20, 2014
GAZZUZZ:
I would buy it assuming there was no engine. worst case scenario you buy a new engine.

Perfect response.

1 Like

Re: Used Bmw X5 Overheating by bsghaulage: 11:45am On Oct 20, 2014
Thanks but like how much is the engine and what about the electronics when fixing the new engine NCOs BMW electronics may be trickish. We are still on 800k for the price
Re: Used Bmw X5 Overheating by bsghaulage: 11:11am On Oct 22, 2014
Can someone give the price idea of the 03 BMW x5 3.0 litre engine please.
Re: Used Bmw X5 Overheating by woltom(m): 2:40pm On Oct 25, 2014
Overheating? The mechanic the present user uses may not be too competent.

It is well known that air bubbles in the cooling system of BMW is the major culprit.When the radiator coolant is drained, you must bleed it unlike the japanese brands.

Dont be suprised that the cooling system requires bleeding to get rid of trapped air in the radiator.

Jack up the front ends car to make the car sloppy,open the radiator cap and rev the engine for about 5 mins and gradually open the breeding valve to get rid of all trapped air.

After this,say no to overheating forever.

Confirm if the coolant has been drained and replaced at any point in time.

Somone has bought a grade 1 BMW X5 for just 500k when the owner was fed of overheating problems and only solved the problem with the 3k he gave the mechanic for breeding.
Re: Used Bmw X5 Overheating by bsghaulage: 10:56pm On Oct 25, 2014
Thanks man then am good to go but where can I get a competent mechanic
Re: Used Bmw X5 Overheating by lonelydora: 6:02am On Oct 26, 2014
If you are very sure it's just overheating then buy the car. It can be fixed or at worst follow GAZZUZZ advice.
Re: Used Bmw X5 Overheating by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 26, 2014
With so many threads of replacing engines, do Nigerian mechanics not rebuild engines anymore?
Re: Used Bmw X5 Overheating by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 26, 2014
OP, you will have to use your own judgement on this deal BUT some of the best deals I have ever got on cars were like this.

Something as simple as the wrong radiator cap ($10) solved an issue on a car that sold for $5,000 less than book value.
Re: Used Bmw X5 Overheating by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 26, 2014
how much does a bmw 323i engine go for? e46 chassis

(1) (Reply)

Can The Kind Of Ride Someone Uses Define The Kind Of Person He Is? / Catalytic converter with the sensor And Thermostat For Camry 1999 / World's First 3D Printed Supercar Is Unveiled - 0-60 In 2.2 Seconds, 700 HP Mot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.