Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,109 members, 7,807,351 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

List Of Nigerian Cities That Are Recognized By Microsoft - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Nigerian Cities That Are Recognized By Microsoft (3392 Views)

We’ll Build Resilient Nigerian Cities – President Buhari / Igbos are recognized as part of the Jewish Communities / Obinna Anyanwu Recognized By U.S. Army Research, Development Center (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Nigerian Cities That Are Recognized By Microsoft by GenScatt: 8:25am On Oct 20, 2014
To verify if your city is recognize by the Microsoft, just place the name of the city on the Microsoft Words if it does not have red underlining then it is recognized by the Microsoft, if on the other hand it has the red underline then it is not recognized.

In no particular order:

Abuja

Lagos

Port Harcourt

Kano

Onitsha

Ibadan

Enugu

Benin City

Kaduna

Abeokuta

Maiduguri

Ogbomosho

Ife

Oshogbo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Nigerian Cities That Are Recognized By Microsoft by mperoakeem(m): 8:27am On Oct 20, 2014
Re: List Of Nigerian Cities That Are Recognized By Microsoft by GenScatt: 8:33am On Oct 20, 2014
Check and let us know if your city is recognized by the Microsoft so we can add it to the list.
Re: List Of Nigerian Cities That Are Recognized By Microsoft by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 20, 2014
So what is your point?
Re: List Of Nigerian Cities That Are Recognized By Microsoft by GenScatt: 8:44am On Oct 20, 2014
Nobleval:
So what is your point?

No knowledge is a waste.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Nigerian Cities That Are Recognized By Microsoft by GenScatt: 8:56am On Oct 20, 2014
shocked
Re: List Of Nigerian Cities That Are Recognized By Microsoft by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 20, 2014
I know Abeokuta will be there, its proximity to Lagos is not for granted.

Next in line are Mowe and Sagamu.
Re: List Of Nigerian Cities That Are Recognized By Microsoft by PaulJohn1: 9:53am On Oct 20, 2014
Suprisingly, Oshogbo is also recognised. I noticed it's never underlined as incorrect on Microsoft or any other app(Whatsapp, BBM...)

NB: Letter 'h' must be included.
osogbo with 'h' is not recognised.

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Cities That Are Recognized By Microsoft by GenScatt: 9:56am On Oct 20, 2014
PaulJohn1:
Suprisingly, Oshogbo is also recognised. I noticed it's never underlined as incorrect on Microsoft or any other app(Whatsapp, BBM...)

But I think "Osogbo" is the correct spelling or is it not?
Re: List Of Nigerian Cities That Are Recognized By Microsoft by oment3: 9:58am On Oct 20, 2014
PaulJohn1:

Oga nawah you oh.

I have typed my fingers out via bbm and whatsapp but its still underlined.

Op this your thread is as useless as you gringrin
Re: List Of Nigerian Cities That Are Recognized By Microsoft by PassingShot(m): 10:00am On Oct 20, 2014
I just checked the following cities and are all recognized:

Ife

Ogbomosho

Oshogbo

Warri

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Cities That Are Recognized By Microsoft by GenScatt: 10:03am On Oct 20, 2014
PassingShot:
I just checked the following cities and are all recognized:

Ife

Ogbomosho

Oshogbo

Warri

Ogbomosho is recognize so we shall add it to the list. Warri is not recognized, please double check MS Word. We are still debating whether "Oshogbo" or "Osogbo" is the correct name.
Re: List Of Nigerian Cities That Are Recognized By Microsoft by brownlord: 10:03am On Oct 20, 2014
How does this affect Nigeria'a economy or help ghanian crumbing economy?
Re: List Of Nigerian Cities That Are Recognized By Microsoft by GenScatt: 10:06am On Oct 20, 2014
Ife made it, maybe because OAU is in the town. cheesy

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Cities That Are Recognized By Microsoft by engrsyer(m): 10:08am On Oct 20, 2014
Last time I checked, Chibok, Sambisa forest and Damboa was in the list.
Re: List Of Nigerian Cities That Are Recognized By Microsoft by egift(m): 10:11am On Oct 20, 2014
oment3:
Oga nawah you oh.

Op this your thread is as useless as you gringrin

Is BBM or WhatsApp a Microsoft Office Application?
Re: List Of Nigerian Cities That Are Recognized By Microsoft by PaulJohn1: 10:12am On Oct 20, 2014
GenScatt:

But I think "Osogbo" is the correct spelling!

You're right, but it is pronounced Oshogbo.

The Yorubas write their phonogram 'sh' as 's', but with a mark under the 's' to differentiate it from an ordinary 's'.(Can't type that here, because I don't have the yourba-English keyboard translator or app).

Same thing is applicable to letter 'e' and 'o'. There are two 'e' and 'o' in Yoruba, but with different pronounciation.

If one is to write Osogbo in English as the Yorubas pronounce it, it's written as Oshogbo.

Type 'Osogbo' on Microsoft student program or encarta dictionary, you won't get anything definition, but 'Oshogbo' 'll be suggested to you as the closest word. Clicking on the suggested 'Oshogbo', you'll get a description that matches the Osogbo of Southwestern Nigeria.
Re: List Of Nigerian Cities That Are Recognized By Microsoft by GenScatt: 10:18am On Oct 20, 2014
PaulJohn1:

You're right, but it is pronounced Oshogbo.

The Yorubas write their phonogram 'sh' as 's', but with a mark under the 's' to differentiate it from an ordinary 's'.(Can't type that here, because I don't have the yourba-English keyboard translator or app).

Same thing is applicable to letter 'e' and 'o'. There are two 'e' and 'o' in Yoruba, but with different pronounciation.

If one is to write Osogbo in English as the Yorubas pronounce it, it's written as Oshogbo.

Type 'Osogbo' on Microsoft student program or encarta dictionary, you won't get anything definition, but 'Oshogbo' 'll be suggested to you as the closest word. Clicking on the suggested 'Oshogbo', you'll get a description that matches the Osogbo of Southwestern Nigeria.

You have proved your point beyond any reasonable doubt. We hereby add "Oshogbo".
Re: List Of Nigerian Cities That Are Recognized By Microsoft by PaulJohn1: 10:18am On Oct 20, 2014
oment3:
Oga nawah you oh.

Just repeated same here, the app even suggested the word 'Oshogbo'.
Re: List Of Nigerian Cities That Are Recognized By Microsoft by PaulJohn1: 10:18am On Oct 20, 2014
GenScatt:

You have proved your point beyond any reasonable doubt. We hereby add "Oshogbo".

Alright.
Re: List Of Nigerian Cities That Are Recognized By Microsoft by PassingShot(m): 10:24am On Oct 20, 2014
GenScatt:

Ogbomosho is recognize so we shall add it to the list. Warri is not recognized, please double check MS Word. We are still debating whether "Oshogbo" or "Osogbo" is the correct name.

Perhaps the version of your MS is outdated. Mine is 2013.
Re: List Of Nigerian Cities That Are Recognized By Microsoft by GenScatt: 10:27am On Oct 20, 2014
PassingShot:

Perhaps the version of your MS is outdated. Mine is 2013.

Are you saying that 2013 recognized "Warri"? Please verify because I can't see otherwise here.
Re: List Of Nigerian Cities That Are Recognized By Microsoft by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 20, 2014
Lol at thread. One can easily add any red n underlined word to his Microsoft dictionary and it will never show red again in his computer.
Re: List Of Nigerian Cities That Are Recognized By Microsoft by PaulJohn1: 10:35am On Oct 20, 2014
click2cbn:
Lol at thread. One can easily add any red n underlined word to his Microsoft dictionary and it will never show red again in his computer.

Of course, but not encarter dictionaries.
Re: List Of Nigerian Cities That Are Recognized By Microsoft by GenScatt: 10:38am On Oct 20, 2014
click2cbn:

You cannot manipulate Microsoft Words.
Re: List Of Nigerian Cities That Are Recognized By Microsoft by 573V31D(m): 10:47am On Oct 20, 2014
GenScatt:
Ife made it, maybe because OAU is in the town. cheesy
not because of oau, its an ancient city coupled with deep cultural heritage and kingship. MO anyway
Re: List Of Nigerian Cities That Are Recognized By Microsoft by 573V31D(m): 10:51am On Oct 20, 2014
GenScatt:

You cannot manipulate Microsoft Words.
get it: u can add ur commonly used words to d MS office dictionary and u never get buged with the red underline forthwith
Re: List Of Nigerian Cities That Are Recognized By Microsoft by WIZGUY69(m): 10:51am On Oct 20, 2014
GOOD.
Re: List Of Nigerian Cities That Are Recognized By Microsoft by 573V31D(m): 10:53am On Oct 20, 2014
GenScatt:

Okay!

I think people should tell us one or two reasons their city or town made the all important Microsoft list.
even me, neither my state or city make am...lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal / A Call For Regionalism/resource Control & State Police / See What Beyonce And Jay Z Went To Buy In UK. Hmmm I Don't Understand! See Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.