Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,495 members, 7,781,482 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:18 PM

Breaking News!!! APC Admit Sponsorship Of #bring Back Our Girls Campaign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News!!! APC Admit Sponsorship Of #bring Back Our Girls Campaign (1971 Views)

Lagos Bans Sponsorship Of Pilgrimages To Mecca, Jerusalem / Sponsorship Of 6 Students In Russia Withdrawn / Breaking News Ibrahim Shekarau Arrested By Sss Over Sponsorship Of Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News!!! APC Admit Sponsorship Of #bring Back Our Girls Campaign by Chibabi(m): 9:01am On Oct 20, 2014
All ProgressivesCongress, APC has confirmed its sponsorship of the Bring Back Our Girls, #BBOG campaigns whose activities have called to question the genuineness of the group’s intentions.
The campaign came into being following the kidnap of no fewer than 219 students from Government Girls Secondary School, Chibok, Borno State by members of the Boko Haram insurgency group months ago.
Former National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party and leading elder of the current main opposition APC, Chief Audu Ogbeh, made the disclosure on Wednesday in Abuja when he told his audience at Muhammadu Buhari’s 2015 presidential bid declaration that the #BBOG is led by members of the party.
Commending the campaigners and hailing them for sustaining global attention on the missing Chibok girls, Ogbeh said:
“We send our greetings to the Chibok parents. We believe that one day they will be reunited with their children. We commend the Bring Back Our Girls movement led by members of our party for their commitment. They remain the only living witnesses that Nigeria still has a conscience.”
The APC leader underscored the foregoing by daring the Federal Government to arrest the #BBOG campaigners and “all of us.”
The disclosure by Ogbeh has thrown up reactions from worried members of the public who wonder why a party that hopes to govern the country at the centre would be behind the #BBOG movement.
It would be recalled that the United States Ambassador to Nigeria, Mr. James Entwistle, some days ago, described insurgency war as having more political undertones than a religious underpinning. The envoy made the statement while addressing journalists at a press conference convened at the American University of Nigerian (AUN) in Yola.
However, Ogbe’s speech was yesterday condemned by the former World Bank VP, Mrs. Obiageli Ezekwesili, who is a leader of the group.
She said on Twitter: “I take very strong exception to what is being credited to Mr. Audu Ogbe of APC. Another tragic low in making #ChibokGirls political pawns.
“I am neither covertly or overtly a member of the APC, PDP or any other party. It is false and wrong to say @BBOG_Nigeria is led by members of the APC.
“If Mr. Ogbe is being correctly quoted, he can only be referring to those of their members who are part of @BBOG_Nigeria. Never has there been any speck of political party consideration in anything that the strategic team of the group that I chair does.”
Meanwhile, the Presidency says its longstanding view that the agenda of the #BringBackOurGirls campaigners was confirmed on Wednesday with the presence of the movement’s leaders at the presidential declaration of Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari.
Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Dr. Reuben Abati, said this on Thursday on his Twitter handle.
Abati said the roles played by an activist, Dino Melaye, and the presence of the #BringBackOurGirls campaign initiator, Hadiza Bala Usman, at the declaration, were proofs of their true aim, which is to politicise the abduction of the more than 200 Chibok girls.
He wrote, “Our longstanding view of BBOG movement’s hidden agenda to unseat the Jonathan administration received full justification yesterday (on Wednesday.)
“Roles played by Dino Melaye and the presence of BBOG’s initiator, Hadiza Bala Usman at Buhari’s declaration is proof of the true aim of politicising the agony of the Chibok girls and their families.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! APC Admit Sponsorship Of #bring Back Our Girls Campaign by Mogidi: 9:30am On Oct 20, 2014
APC is written all over #BBOG hence the fed govt was at a loss on the true intentions of the movement. Its a shame the erudite Mrs. Obiageli Ezekwesili allowed herself to be used as pawn in the hands of these politicians.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!! APC Admit Sponsorship Of #bring Back Our Girls Campaign by ZKOSOSO(m): 10:04am On Oct 20, 2014
In a nutshell APC captured our girls who are 98% christians so that GEJ's vote made up of mostly northern christians would be lost!
Gov Shetima and the GGSS chibok principal who are muslims planned and carried the girls to captivity via their islamist brothers and sons -bokoharam on behalf on APC!!

For once God bless Audu Ogbe a devout catholic for speaking the Truth even in the midst of muslimbrotherhoodofnigeria aka APC!!
I know all janjawe.eds will call me names!
Am always RAW with facts!!

6 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!! APC Admit Sponsorship Of #bring Back Our Girls Campaign by joseph1832(m): 10:59am On Oct 20, 2014
OP: Your source please?.
Re: Breaking News!!! APC Admit Sponsorship Of #bring Back Our Girls Campaign by lanrefront1(m): 12:41pm On Oct 20, 2014
Some serious trash..

.....just twisting words, joining together with other people's speech and giving your own intended meaning...

TRASH
Re: Breaking News!!! APC Admit Sponsorship Of #bring Back Our Girls Campaign by OtunbaJega: 12:43pm On Oct 20, 2014
another SaTANoid
Re: Breaking News!!! APC Admit Sponsorship Of #bring Back Our Girls Campaign by eke419: 12:44pm On Oct 20, 2014
Re: Breaking News!!! APC Admit Sponsorship Of #bring Back Our Girls Campaign by ratiken(m): 12:46pm On Oct 20, 2014
It was obvious from the onset. Even on the very day of negotiations with BH on the release of the girls, the BBOG group were all over Abuja making noise without appreciating the efforts of NA and FG.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!! APC Admit Sponsorship Of #bring Back Our Girls Campaign by Chibabi(m): 1:13pm On Oct 20, 2014
joseph1832:
OP: Your source please?.
Thomas, google Audu Ogbe n #BBOG, u go get plenty source n stew. Lst I heard, google is ya frnd jst lyk Naija police

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! APC Admit Sponsorship Of #bring Back Our Girls Campaign by Omimah: 1:21pm On Oct 20, 2014
APC paid Alicia Keys, Mitchell Obama, Puff Daddy, Drake, etc?
Re: Breaking News!!! APC Admit Sponsorship Of #bring Back Our Girls Campaign by Freest(m): 1:50pm On Oct 20, 2014
I took a loan to buy my nomination form- Muhammadu Buhari.

The APC on its own bought the nomination form for Buhari. -John Oyegun, APC Chairman.

I personally bought the nomination form for Buhari- Timipre Sylva

we have gathered money to buy Buhari's nomination form- ACF

we will buy Buhari's nomination form- Katsina state govt.

so these pathetic liars want to preside over the affairs of Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!! APC Admit Sponsorship Of #bring Back Our Girls Campaign by joseph1832(m): 3:32pm On Oct 20, 2014
Chibabi:
Thomas, google Audu Ogbe n #BBOG, u go get plenty source n stew. Lst I heard, google is ya frnd jst lyk Naija police
You're s'pose to post your source and not send people on an errand.

Judas! I believe you don't trust your source because do you really believe Naija police is your friend!.
Re: Breaking News!!! APC Admit Sponsorship Of #bring Back Our Girls Campaign by LFJ: 3:44pm On Oct 20, 2014
What is wrong in sponsoring BBOG campaign. It is only an issue if they are the one that kidnap the girls. They have every right to expose the inefficiency of a sitting government. If they don't do that it mean they are not doing what an opposition do. In fact, they didn't do enough to expose the attitude of this government to how much they appreciate the lives of their citizens.
Re: Breaking News!!! APC Admit Sponsorship Of #bring Back Our Girls Campaign by Chibabi(m): 4:06pm On Oct 20, 2014
joseph1832:
You're s'pose to post your source and not send people on an errand.

Judas! I believe you don't trust your source because do you really believe Naija police is your friend!.
fool, m sure U̶̲̥̅̊ hurt reading how una stupid propaganda don expose. APShit E-rat
Re: Breaking News!!! APC Admit Sponsorship Of #bring Back Our Girls Campaign by Jesusloveyou: 5:26pm On Oct 20, 2014
ZKOSOSO:
In a nutshell APC captured our girls who are 98% christians so that GEJ's vote made up of mostly northern christians would be lost!
Gov Shetima and the GGSS chibok principal who are muslims planned and carried the girls to captivity via their islamist brothers and sons -bokoharam on behalf on APC!!

For once God bless Audu Ogbe a devout catholic for speaking the Truth even in the midst of muslimbrotherhoodofnigeria aka APC!!
I know all janjawe.eds will call me names!
Am always RAW with facts!!
apc capture d girl,or sponsoring boko haram.but gej is benefitting d boko haram saga.d statement by ogbeh.simply put-apc are fighting for d release of d girls pdp capture.apc is fighting d injustice wroth upon nigerian by pdp govt.
Re: Breaking News!!! APC Admit Sponsorship Of #bring Back Our Girls Campaign by joseph1832(m): 5:46pm On Oct 20, 2014
Chibabi:
fool, m sure U̶̲̥̅̊ hurt reading how una stupid propaganda don expose. APShit E-rat
According to you anybody who ask you for the source of your post is an "APC e-rat?!" You reasoning appalling and must you now resort to crude insults to prove your baseless points!.

Now be a good judas and post your source.
Re: Breaking News!!! APC Admit Sponsorship Of #bring Back Our Girls Campaign by raumdeuter: 5:49pm On Oct 20, 2014
You mean the APC should have kept quiet when 200 girls aremissing

I see prominent APC members like Michelle Obama, Puff Daddy, Malala etc championing the BBOG campaign

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! APC Admit Sponsorship Of #bring Back Our Girls Campaign by Nobody: 4:11am On Oct 21, 2014
raumdeuter:
You mean the APC should have kept quiet when 200 girls aremissing

I see prominent APC members like Michelle Obama, Puff Daddy, Malala etc championing the BBOG campaign

LOL
Re: Breaking News!!! APC Admit Sponsorship Of #bring Back Our Girls Campaign by basty: 4:20am On Oct 21, 2014
These are paid E-rats and rags who have no jobs but post nonsense of fora to make their posts real. Where is your source? If this is not real, you are left with your conscience.
Re: Breaking News!!! APC Admit Sponsorship Of #bring Back Our Girls Campaign by SLIDEwaxie(m): 4:50am On Oct 21, 2014
Mogidi:
APC is written all over #BBOG hence the fed govt was at a loss on the true intentions of the movement. Its a shame the erudite Mrs. Obiageli Ezekwesili allowed herself to be used as pawn in the hands of these politicians.
so, they shld av kept quite just like ur dullard wanted abi?

Now, if the girls are release, ur butter-faced-dry-smiling president will take credit just like the Ebola containment!

You animals!
Re: Breaking News!!! APC Admit Sponsorship Of #bring Back Our Girls Campaign by ba7man(m): 4:51am On Oct 21, 2014
O.M.G!!!!!

These G.E.J supporters are some of the daftest humans on the face of the planet.

Of course, who has the higher moral ground??

APC that initiated a global movement to remind the president to do his duty of rescueing the Chibok girls .

Or

FG/PDP that chose to ignore and deny the situation till the whole world was breathing down their necks??

And they now stup1dly think its a campaign point to be used against APC that they sponsored a movement to pressure the President to do his duty.

My God!!! One has to be truly daft to support GEJ.

This level of stupidity is disturbing......its too high.
Re: Breaking News!!! APC Admit Sponsorship Of #bring Back Our Girls Campaign by ba7man(m): 4:54am On Oct 21, 2014
This is too much to bear, mark down their monikers for future references.

(1) (Reply)

Real Reasons Why Jonathan Abandoned Pdp Rally In Imo State / It is well / Breaking News From Rivers INEC!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.