Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,805 members, 7,798,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Ebola: Lagos To Deploy Healthworkers To Sierra Leone - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola: Lagos To Deploy Healthworkers To Sierra Leone (12930 Views)

Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre / Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts / Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: Lagos To Deploy Healthworkers To Sierra Leone by ogahope(m): 3:35pm On Oct 20, 2014
temitemi1:
More outbreak is await Nigeria then!!! because God help us erradicate am fashola dey tink sey nah dos pple skills, make dem no cum back until ebola is totally eradicated frm west Africa
How can Fashola a lawyer by profession b talking on hw he will send both federal nd state health workers in his state to another country for humanitarian purpose without d concept of d federal? I hope he does not get more than he bargained for in return? Its not every thing dt is played politics with. Dis is quit expensive you know?
Re: Ebola: Lagos To Deploy Healthworkers To Sierra Leone by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 20, 2014
nigeria wud av kept cool for nw...hmmm...any health worker wey go carry ebola nw wil be runnin back to family in nija ooooo
Re: Ebola: Lagos To Deploy Healthworkers To Sierra Leone by Smooyis(m): 5:03pm On Oct 20, 2014
temitemi1:
More outbreak is await Nigeria then!!! because God help us erradicate am fashola dey tink sey nah dos pple skills, make dem no cum back until ebola is totally eradicated frm west Africa
We should not be afraid. The same God who helped us to curtail the sickness in Nigeria will go with the Lagos state officials and see them through unhurt in Sierra Leone. Thank your Governor Fashola for having a large heart of love.
Re: Ebola: Lagos To Deploy Healthworkers To Sierra Leone by lezz(m): 5:34pm On Oct 20, 2014
hmn, the health personnel should be extra careful as well as the volunteers.

Nigeria keep showing her potential as a country destined for greatness. Just a single State in Nigeria making international input of this magnitude is a tell-tale sign of the vast potential of this behemoth of a country. small it isn't for small countries at all.
Re: Ebola: Lagos To Deploy Healthworkers To Sierra Leone by ibedun: 7:35pm On Oct 20, 2014
IGBOHATER

How market? Abeg how much is this moniker of yours?

Please let me know cause I like it gidi gan.
Re: Ebola: Lagos To Deploy Healthworkers To Sierra Leone by sekzy99(m): 1:26am On Oct 21, 2014
i need a job onboard a ship, studied marine engineering. Have my stcw 95,medical n discharge book ready. Momlilyseyi@gmail.com or 08023373302Thanks
Re: Ebola: Lagos To Deploy Healthworkers To Sierra Leone by CoenzymeA: 3:56am On Oct 21, 2014
mizizM:
Why must we politicize everything?

Pls reason with me

1. Until ebola is eradicated in sierra Leone (SL), the risk of someone travelling from SL to Nigeria to reinfect is just a flight away. The US thot they were immune until the same thing happened to them. We are not free and safe in our 'cocoon' until SL is free of ebola.

2. SL obviously cant handle this scourge and that is partly because contact tracing is poor and health facilities are overwhelmed

3. Structures are not the problem alone but medical workers and know how too.

4. Lagos state & Nigeria had a mock exam that they passed. They have 2 options here - Wait for the big breakout to come to Naija or go to the source to help them contain it. Nigerians on ground can also keep an out eye for Nigeria.

5. LSG cant force anyone to go to SL. They will ask for volunteers (who will be handsomely paid). These volunteers will be moved by greed or companion or a need to do something other than complain on NL.

6. Volunteers who have counted the cost will then go to SL to join the fight and hopefully win it there before it comes back to a country of 170 million people.

7. 99% of Nigerian will curse you for even asking them to volunteer for this project but, there are few people with the heart of M. Theresa and Ghandi who want to help. If LSG can coordinate them and send them to the epi-center then let them go.

8. All health workers coming back to the country will be placed in quarantine for 21 days to ensure they are not infected. During this period, they will continue to be paided their volunteer 'gbem' salary.

9. LSG is not a separate entity from Nigeria, but that doesn't stop them from offering help without jumping the hoops of bureaucracy in Abuja. They were touched by this first hand and would naturally understand and have more compassion than others who only heard with the hearing of their ear. Just ask Fashola and he can tell you how many sleepless nights he had during the ebola period while we all slept snugly in our beds.

10. I think we need to give this a chance. Imagine if all the expatriate health workers were discouraged by their countries from coming to help Nigeria? Imagine if all the local health workers who eventually joined the CDC team to tackle ebola were discouraged and disparaged by their families. IMAGINE IF NO HEALTH WORKER STOOD UP TO WORK THE NIGERIAN EBOLA CASES because of comments and attitudes just like these?

You have my respect for this intelligent write up. We all know that the best form of defence is to attack. If we fold our hands and not do all that we can to stop it from the source sooner or later it would come back to us in drones. It has been predicted that by December there would be more than 10,000 new infections per week. With our porous borders how do we think we can prevent it from re-entering our country? Everything doesn't have to be politicized. This is what a government with foresight would do to protect its citizens not the fire brigade approach we did the last time.

I remember like 4 months back, Doctors without Borders warned the World of the need to contain Ebola quickly, but nobody paid any attention thinking it was none of there business; now they know better. Someone has to take the leadership initiatives to do something to save our race from this monster and we all need to encourage and pray for them and not all these selfish statements that people are making. May God bless and protect all who are involved in the fight against Ebola.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos To Deploy Healthworkers To Sierra Leone by Obiowada(m): 1:40pm On Oct 21, 2014
Thank God for the success so far recorded. Nigeria is a giant elephant in the forest. I applaud our government for show utmost concern, the media for their widely circulated news reportage, Hospitals for their Emergency care and caution...the general public for their ability to follow and observe prescribed procedures.

We all made it happen.

This is another opportunity to re-instate that pre-cautionary measures are still very important to ensure there is no reoccurance of this epidermic.

I appeal to the general publics, organizations and govt parastatals to continue using Sanitary equipments that was recommended.

Soap/Sanitizers and their automatic dispensers, infrared non contact body thermometer. They are relatively affordable.

However, Our company offers these products at best prices...with home delivery around Lagos.

Wall-mountedAutomatic Soap/Sanitizer Dispenser (600ml) - 4000, (700ml) - 4500.

Infrared non-contact body thermometer - 4500.

Attached herewith are the photos of the products in review.

Regards
From; Owada Resources Limited Lagos
Phone: 08068103022
Email: owadaltd@gmail.com

Re: Ebola: Lagos To Deploy Healthworkers To Sierra Leone by yamunla(m): 4:18pm On Oct 21, 2014
#BingBackOurEbola
Re: Ebola: Lagos To Deploy Healthworkers To Sierra Leone by empresschet: 10:54am On Oct 22, 2014
una wan kill person for this country abi, abeg fashola no follow ebola play, anyways goodluck
Re: Ebola: Lagos To Deploy Healthworkers To Sierra Leone by empresschet: 11:16am On Oct 22, 2014
empresschet:
una wan kill person for this country abi, abeg fashola no follow ebola play, anyways goodluck
empresschet:
Re: Ebola: Lagos To Deploy Healthworkers To Sierra Leone by superswagmayne: 5:07am On Oct 23, 2014
wow teach me to be as cool as you plz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge / Japa: Federal Government Urges Universities To Produce More Doctors / Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.