Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Messi vs ronaldo: International sportnews - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi vs ronaldo: International sportnews (7350 Views)

The Records Of Messi Vs Ronaldo / Messi Vs Ronaldo In 2013 " Stats Dont Lie" / Pele Vs Maradona Vs Zidane Vs Ronaldo Luis Vs Ronaldinho Vs Messi Vs CR7 Vs J.j (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi vs ronaldo: International sportnews by Shollay20(m): 9:36am On Oct 20, 2014
The Uruguay international has nothing but praise for his fellow Barcelona attacker and believes he's undoubtedly the best in the world
Oct 20, 2014 08:48:19
Barcelonaattacker Luis Suarez has stressed that his Argentine team-mate Lionel Messi is a better player than Real Madridstar Cristiano Ronaldo.
Messi and Ronaldo have won six Ballons d'Or between them in the past six years - the former emerging victorious four times and the latter twice - and are widely regarded as the two best players around in the game at the moment.
The Portugal star has already netted 15 goals in seven La Liga appearances this term against the Barca man's seven strikes, yet Suarez believes it's the Argentine who is the better of the two irrespective of their record in 2014-15.
"In my opinion Leo is better [than Ronaldo]," Suarez was quoted as saying byMirror.
"I train and play with Leo every day and he surprises me every day. He is unique.
"Everybody knows what he has brought to Barcelona, what kind of world-class player he is.
“For me he is the best player in the world for what he has already done, and he’s still so young."
Messi and Ronaldo are set to lock horns on Saturday when Madrid host Barcelona at the Santiago Bernabeu.
The Clasico could be Suarez's first official game in the Barca jersey after serving his four-month ban for biting Italy's Giorgio Chiellini at the 2014 World Cup.
The Uruguayan previously featured in the friendly win over Leon for the Joan Gamper Trophy and the Barcelona B win over Indonesia Under-19, while also gaining some match rhythm wearing the Uruguay jersey earlier this month.
Source: http://jokeafrica..com

1 Like

Re: Messi vs ronaldo: International sportnews by benega: 9:46am On Oct 20, 2014
Tell us something we don't know
Re: Messi vs ronaldo: International sportnews by Shollay20(m): 9:52am On Oct 20, 2014
benega:
Tell us something we don't know
Suarez also backing messi to score against real madrid on el clasico day.....
Re: Messi vs ronaldo: International sportnews by buskie13(m): 9:55am On Oct 20, 2014
who takes Suarez serious.... he's looking for who to bite again....sorry Ronaldo doesn't even care about ur opinion ........#Cr7

6 Likes

Re: Messi vs ronaldo: International sportnews by Shollay20(m): 10:00am On Oct 20, 2014
buskie13:
who takes Suarez serious.... he's looking for who to bite again....sorry Ronaldo doesn't even care about ur opinion ........#Cr7
Truetalk my brother is looking for who to bite against realmadrid, i hope he will not bite CR7...

2 Likes

Re: Messi vs ronaldo: International sportnews by buskie13(m): 10:37am On Oct 20, 2014
Shollay20:

Truetalk my brother is looking for who to bite against realmadrid, i hope he will not bite CR7...
God forbid.....i go just drag am from TV then boil am with onions and curry cos na animal em be..... cheesy
Re: Messi vs ronaldo: International sportnews by Shollay20(m): 12:02pm On Oct 20, 2014
buskie13:
God forbid.....i go just drag am from TV then boil am with onions and curry cos na animal em be..... cheesy
Chai there is god oooooo you hate him pass satan....
Re: Messi vs ronaldo: International sportnews by buskie13(m): 12:21pm On Oct 20, 2014
Shollay20:

Chai there is god oooooo you hate him pass satan....
Lol...not him...but for de comment he made
Re: Messi vs ronaldo: International sportnews by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 20, 2014
Says the vampire...
Re: Messi vs ronaldo: International sportnews by Shollay20(m): 1:31pm On Oct 20, 2014
buskie13:
Lol...not him...but for de comment he made
My guy which team you dey support....i mean your favourate team....
Re: Messi vs ronaldo: International sportnews by Shollay20(m): 1:34pm On Oct 20, 2014
Nobleval:
Says the vampire...
May be he like to watch horror movies or what did you think?? Bcoz the guy likes biting...
Re: Messi vs ronaldo: International sportnews by buskie13(m): 3:05pm On Oct 20, 2014
Shollay20:

My guy which team you dey support....i mean your favourate team....
Warri Wolves
Re: Messi vs ronaldo: International sportnews by tuffgongjo(m): 3:52pm On Oct 20, 2014
Will Rodriguez say Messi is better than Ronaldo?No.
A fly will always take side with a man who has a wound(s).

2 Likes

Re: Messi vs ronaldo: International sportnews by Rexnegro(m): 8:53pm On Oct 20, 2014
tuffgongjo:
Will Rodriguez say Messi is better than Ronaldo?No.
A fly will always take side with a man who has a wound(s).
Guy lock up messi better cr7 by far....how ? Well stats n facts don't lie....go check accolades won by each players and come back to tell us who won or who's better ? Don't come back to say teams they play for matters o cos na wetin I no want hear be dat....There's diff btw hardworking player and a genius..... Ask zlatan, Rooney, arsene wenger, koke, whilshare, hazard, etc they all know n said it that messi is a genius...are they also flies taking side ?

4 Likes

Re: Messi vs ronaldo: International sportnews by tuffgongjo(m): 9:25pm On Oct 20, 2014
Rexnegro:

Guy lock up messi better cr7 by far....how ? Well stats n facts don't lie....go check accolades won by each players and come back to tell us who won or who's better ? Don't come back to say teams they play for matters o cos na wetin I no want hear be dat....There's diff btw hardworking player and a genius..... Ask zlatan, Rooney, arsene wenger, koke, whilshare, hazard, etc they all know n said it that messi is a genius...are they also flies taking side ?
Your haste to quote me didn't give you the chance to digest my comment,do you think suarez will say Messi is better if he is a Real player?
And accolades won by both isn't a way of judging.

4 Likes

Re: Messi vs ronaldo: International sportnews by habiolah(m): 6:39am On Oct 21, 2014
tuffgongjo:
Your haste to quote me didn't give you the chance to digest my comment,do you think suarez will say Messi is better if he is a Real player?
And accolades won by both isn't a way of judging.

how then do you judge if not by accolades bro? I wont take part in this argument until cr7 has 2 more wpoty awards. history will remember he who has more as the greatest.

1 Like

Re: Messi vs ronaldo: International sportnews by tuffgongjo(m): 7:06am On Oct 21, 2014
habiolah:

how then do you judge if not by accolades bro? I wont take part in this argument until cr7 has 2 more wpoty awards. history will remember he who has more as the greatest.
You only answered half of my question.

1 Like

Re: Messi vs ronaldo: International sportnews by Shollay20(m): 7:34am On Oct 21, 2014
buskie13:
Warri Wolves
Me na kwara united...
Re: Messi vs ronaldo: International sportnews by Rexnegro(m): 8:25am On Oct 21, 2014
@op am done here cos u seems not to have a point ...if stats , facts, individual awards and accolades won can't say who's better to u ,then I can only imagine the kind of bias person u re..those I mentioned in my first comment are not Barca players....but footballers who are so far been a Barca player came out to say Messi is something...
Let me quote u koke recent comment about the two of them....
Koke : cr7 is just an athlete , while messi is a god...!!! No be me talk so but fellow international and professional footballer like themselves who have seen them ,played against them. So what re u now saying ? Check who they compare messi to and check who they compare cr7 to.....bro get a life and stop letting sentiments cloud ur judgment.....good day....

1 Like

Re: Messi vs ronaldo: International sportnews by habiolah(m): 8:46am On Oct 21, 2014
tuffgongjo:
You only answered half of my question.
the other half makes perfect sense. suarez will even say ibra is better than messi if suarez plays for sweden or psg. na so hin dey be
Re: Messi vs ronaldo: International sportnews by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:54am On Oct 21, 2014
habiolah:

the other half makes perfect sense. suarez will even say ibra is better than messi if suarez plays for sweden or psg. na so hin dey be
no...even benzema refused to say cr7 is better than messi
Re: Messi vs ronaldo: International sportnews by Shollay20(m): 9:30am On Oct 21, 2014
ClintonNzedimma:

no...even benzema refused to say cr7 is better than messi
May be he hate cr7 i think so.....
Re: Messi vs ronaldo: International sportnews by ClintonNzedimma(m): 10:18am On Oct 21, 2014
Shollay20:

May be he hate cr7 i think so.....
nope...its just a personal opinion
Re: Messi vs ronaldo: International sportnews by Shollay20(m): 10:40am On Oct 21, 2014
ClintonNzedimma:

nope...its just a personal opinion
Okay sir.....
Re: Messi vs ronaldo: International sportnews by Shollay20(m): 10:45am On Oct 21, 2014
Drop your comment here.................................
What formation/squard do you think vaa gal should use against chelsea

What formation/squard do you think mouriho should use against manchester united

Let hear your view.........................
Re: Messi vs ronaldo: International sportnews by paulhq(m): 10:28pm On Oct 21, 2014
Rexnegro:

...There's diff btw hardworking player and a genius..... they all know n said it that messi is a genius [and Cr7 is a hard working player]...

I don't usually comment much on Nairaland though , but you just made a very good point ... Which I would like to use against you .
Well , I don't need to speak much , you must have already figured out the point some people are trying to make .

Let's be honest here , most of you don't prefer Ronaldo because of his character . I've seen people play , Messi is really good , I mean he is the best , according to stats . But if you look at it , in terms of football , and not sentiments or achievements , someone who is more capable , I believe Ronaldo is the man for the job . That's what I believe , I don't know about you .

I believe this because Ronaldo is more hard working than Messi , and he has more experience .

Yes , can anybody argue this fact , Ronaldo is more experienced . That's all I have to say .

And please stop this argument of who is better , no matter how much you argue , or how much you try to prove your point , who likes Ronaldo will continue to like Ronaldo , and who likes Messi will continue to like Messi .

3 Likes

Re: Messi vs ronaldo: International sportnews by Shollay20(m): 7:26am On Oct 22, 2014
Messi sends Madrid warning

The Argentine played a key role in helping Barcelona edge past Ajax 3-1 on Tuesday and now has Los Blancos firmly in his sights ahead of Saturday's showdown at the Bernabeu
Oct 22, 2014 00:14:00
Lionel Messi served Real Madridwith a pre-Clasico warning by claiming his relationship with Neymar was improving by the game.
The South American duo combined once more to see off Ajax in the Champions League on Tuesday, Messi’s mazy run and pass providing Neymar with the opening goal in a 3-1 victory at Camp Nou. Messi himself scored the second.
Next up for Barca is Saturday’s showdown with a Real Madrid side who first meet Liverpool at Anfield on Wednesday.
Messi toldTV3: “Luckily we now understand each other better and we can score for the team. That's the most important thing.”
Barca’s already formidable forward line will be bolstered further at the weekend by the introduction of Luis Suarez who could make his highly-anticipated debut after completing a four-month ban for biting Giorgio Chiellini at the World Cup.
“We all are looking forward to seeing Suarez with us. He is a great forward and will give much to us," added Messi.
Tuesday’s win over Ajax was more comfortable than the scoreline suggested with Barca not making the most of their numerous opportunities.
Coach Luis Enrique said: “We didn’t manage to see the game out and we let our opponents have chances. I am still proud of our performance though.
“We were stronger than Ajax and deserved the victory.”
The former Barca midfielder denied he had withdrawn Messi, Neymar and Andres Iniesta with the weekend game in mind.
“The Real Madrid game is another competition,” he said. “I made the substitutions thinking solely about tonight.
“There is no one above us in La Liga table, we are doing fine.”
Defensive midfielder Sergio Busquets missed the Ajax clash through injury and Luis Enrique confirmed it was touch and go on whether he would be fit for the trip to the Bernabeu.
“I believe Busquets will be able to play but we will have to wait and see,” he said.

Source: http://jokeafrica..com
Re: Messi vs ronaldo: International sportnews by Elxandre(m): 9:18am On Oct 22, 2014
People say messi is better because he seems so involved in barca's playmaking.
I don't think these people watched cr7 at United.
Play a Ronaldo in a team with heavy possession like barca and see if he will not get as many assists as messi.
Play a messi in a team playing turgid football like Madrid and see if he won't struggle.
Did you see how much messi struggled in the world cup, despite Argentina's many star forwards? He even got outshone by dimaria! Without tiki-taka, he's power gets drastically reduced.

Ronaldo has dominated two leagues proving his adaptability to any style and circumstance.

Why won't messi win four ballond'ors, when his team dominated European football for four years? (never mind that the sneidjer should have won the 2010 award).

If you ask me, both players are almost equal, but have major differences in style.

The picture below proves that both players deliver almost the same result, never mind that they go about it in different ways.

1 Like

Re: Messi vs ronaldo: International sportnews by ClintonNzedimma(m): 9:44am On Oct 22, 2014
Elxandre:
People say messi is better because he seems so involved in barca's playmaking.
I don't think these people watched cr7 at United.
Play a Ronaldo in a team with heavy possession like barca and see if he will not get as many assists as messi.
Play a messi in a team playing turgid football like Madrid and see if he won't struggle.
Did you see how much messi struggled in the world cup, despite Argentina's many star forwards? He even got outshone by dimaria! Without tiki-taka, he's power gets drastically reduced.

Ronaldo has dominated two leagues proving his adaptability to any style and circumstance.

Why won't messi win four ballond'ors, when his team dominated European football for four years? (never mind that the sneidjer should have won the 2010 award).

If you ask me, both players are almost equal, but have major differences in style.

The picture below proves that both players deliver almost the same result, never mind that they go about it in different ways.
oboy, tiki taka is about teamwork not individuality.
Am not saying teamwork is better than individuality (both have disadvantages) but Ronaldo wont fit into Barcelona's concept.
He is an individualistic player and thats great, it has helped him win awards for his team...
Am aware of his exploits @ Man Utd...that was when cr7 was more entertaining.
And point of correction, Messi didnt struggle @ the world cup
Re: Messi vs ronaldo: International sportnews by Elxandre(m): 10:22am On Oct 22, 2014
ClintonNzedimma:

oboy, tiki taka is about teamwork not individuality.
Am not saying teamwork is better than individuality (both have disadvantages) but Ronaldo wont fit into Barcelona's concept.
He is an individualistic player and thats great, it has helped him win awards for his team...
Am aware of his exploits @ Man Utd...that was when cr7 was more entertaining.
And point of correction, Messi didnt struggle @ the world cup
Firstly tiki-taka/teamwork is better than individuality.
Germany destroyed Brazil because they were so unselfish that day. That match summed up the importance of teamwork.

Why won't cr7 fit in to barca's style?
If you were conversant with Man United years ago, you would have known that United played some slick passing football then (certainly the best team in the world between 2008- 2009) and did Ronaldo fit in? Certainly!!!
If Neymar could fit in at barca (an inferior player to cr7), why won't cr7 fit in?
Don't forget the barca hierarchy almost signed Ronaldo in 2008, but his ambition was to play for real Madrid. In fact, I still remember Xavi trying to convince him to move to Camp nou.

Ronaldo's playmaking skills are underrated due to Real Madrid's pattern of play.

Messi struggled at the world, let's face it.
After di Maria's injury, he was wobbling. What did he do against Belgium,Holland or Germany? (he wasted the ball severally attempting many solo runs, something they would have criticized another player for)
Everyone was surprised he even won the world cup golden ball (even maradona and blatter)

Did you see the picture in my previous post?
That is my main point, they go about things in starkly contrasting ways, but the end result is almost same.
Re: Messi vs ronaldo: International sportnews by Simeony007(m): 11:06am On Oct 22, 2014
don't boo Suarez just yet he's just saying his own opinion about the matter... if he is in Madrid to play along side ronaldo he will say the sane thing cos that's is footballers for you...

they never tell the truth even with a gun in front of them! talk less on the pitch
Re: Messi vs ronaldo: International sportnews by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:11am On Oct 22, 2014
Elxandre:

Firstly tiki-taka/teamwork is better than individuality.
Germany destroyed Brazil because they were so unselfish that day. That match summed up the importance of teamwork.

Why won't cr7 fit in to barca's style?
If you were conversant with Man United years ago, you would have known that United played some slick passing football then (certainly the best team in the world between 2008- 2009) and did Ronaldo fit in? Certainly!!!
If Neymar could fit in at barca (an inferior player to cr7), why won't cr7 fit in?
Don't forget the barca hierarchy almost signed Ronaldo in 2008, but his ambition was to play for real Madrid. In fact, I still remember Xavi trying to convince him to move to Camp nou.

Ronaldo's playmaking skills are underrated due to Real Madrid's pattern of play.

Messi struggled at the world, let's face it.
After di Maria's injury, he was wobbling. What did he do against Belgium,Holland or Germany? (he wasted the ball severally attempting many solo runs, something they would have criticized another player for)
Everyone was surprised he even won the world cup golden ball (even maradona and blatter)

Did you see the picture in my previous post?
That is my main point, they go about things in starkly contrasting ways, but the end result is almost same.
neymar?, inferior to cr7?...guy we dont know for now sha...someone that is averaging one goal a match for barca currently.

Back to the matter.

Messi was not just at the top of his game at the world cup but he didnt struggle.

Prior to the knock out stage, his father came and said he was suffering fatigue.
He was blazing hot in the group stage.
Why?
Because Iran and Bosnia were just parking the bus, only my dear Nigeria came out and played them like Men and u saw what Messi did.
He would have scored 4 goals if not for his 60 minutes subtitution because of fatigue.
To cut the long story short...Messi was just and average world best after group stage.
4 goals, 1 assist wasnt a joke.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Firstbank And Bet9ja / Volleyball Lovers In NL / NFF To Name Super Eagles Coach July

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.