Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Nigeria, It Pains Me Gan Gan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, It Pains Me Gan Gan (761 Views)

I Will Tell The President (buhari) How It Pains On This Side / Diezani: "I'm In Pains, I Don't Think There Is Anything Doctors Can Do Beyond" / FG Set To Enforce Use Of Made-in-nigeria IT Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria, It Pains Me Gan Gan by jacqo: 12:01pm On Oct 20, 2014
I woke up this morning just like every other days but felt unusual,picked up my Phone, checked time and date,it is some minutes pass 7 on 20th of oct,2014. Wa o,I asked myself, is this how I will continued to live the rest of my life. After many years of academics pursuit,acquiring different certificates with my parent hard earned money plus my nearly to dead life taken hard earned money. Still my life have no meaningful path, no direction.

A food of thought said all HOPE is not lost, my fellow NLers, my fellow nigerian,my fellow unemployed graduates, my fellow purposeful youths, do we have any HOPE in this nation?what did our future entail?

I pray Seun will not delete this post, its the voice of one of the masses and I hope it will effect CHANGE.

I'm from one of the states in niger delta ,finished my primary and secondary school at late 90s, then embarked on my long journey to become a graduate. Every parent went extra miles to see that their child get educated,my parent went extra miles to see I finished my education. I believed my fellow readers understand how difficult it is for one to become a graduate in my country call Nigeria. Shey na the bad and dilapidated lecture rooms, outdated equipped labs and engineering workshops, bad hostels, bad and epileptic power supply, when we go dey read with lantern and candles those days, we go get red eye like sey we don get Apollo becos dat time oyinbo never invent rechargeable,we go eat beans so tey beans sef dey run for us,abi na d regular ASUU strike . Abeg make we leave story, this one sef na topic on its own.Bro,its was terrible to be educated, well, I served this nation for the mandatory 1 year nysc scheme.

All this period while I was striving so hard against all odds to have a meaningful and purposeful life, my fellow brothers from the same niger delta I came from have decided to choose a different paths. They reactivated the struggle for the emancipation of niger delta region,demanded for resource control and the betterment of the region that was started by Major Jasper Adaka Boro,which leads to taking up arms against the state. War ensue,restless cover d region and oil pipelines of the state bear the brunt,oil bunkering became a prominent business, people made millions ,some made billions from this illegal trade,this are people that never witness what classrooms look like,may while, I was busy with my journey of acquiring knowledge,knowledge that only God knows when it will be useful to me.During my schooling days, I was invited to join them many times but I refused simply because THEN I don't believe violence is the best option to attain meaningful course.

The nigerian state grant them amnesty after serious and tend years of declaring war against them.The amnesty program entails a lot of both human and infrastructural developmental program which was later bastardized due to corruption from people enthroned with its managements,they enriched their self and their loyalists. This people are in money while we that choosed peaceful and meaningful life are still searching for jobs that never existed.

I asked myself this few questions this morning
*Did I choose the wrong path?
*Is violence more powerful than academic?
*Did nigeria state recognised violence than peace?
*Is weaponry power more acceptable in nigeria than mental power?
Etc

I know, there are million of youths out there who are dieing in silent,we need to share our life story so that our leaders will know all is not well with us. Peace and academic is not be traded to violence and lawlessness. Recently,the nation is negotiating wit Boko Haram and in every negotiation all over the world,it will never be a win all for the government.These so called BH,murderers,kidnappers,rapists,terrorist etc will end up having tangible and luxiourious proceeds from the nigeria nation, those that they have been persecuting,killing,raping,bombing,be heading etc will see them ridding around with latest model of cars,building mashion,have full federal security comprising of the army and police,en mass lots of wealth while they the masses that suffered most won't be able to have 1/100 of what the BH will get from causing havoc. Tell me, where are we heading to ?

I pray that the uprise in mid east,Hong Kong,Ukraine will not happen in this nation one day. I MEAN REVOLUTION.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, It Pains Me Gan Gan by jideomowunmi(f): 12:51pm On Oct 20, 2014
I totally understand wa u mean and aw frustrating it cud be at times....dats why dis days we have most youths trying to acquire skills...trying to be creative and all...I think for now, u just av to drop ur certificates and instead of sending cv's to every job searching engines..u just av to think harder and know wa u can do...[color=#006600][/color]see...one thing is certain..money must be made...
Re: Nigeria, It Pains Me Gan Gan by ducii: 1:00pm On Oct 20, 2014
jacqo:
I woke up this morning just like other days but felt unusual,picked up my Phone, checked time and date,it is after 7 on 20th of oct,2014. Wa o,I asked myself, is this how I will continue to live the rest of my life. After many years of academic pursuit,acquiring different certificates with my parent hard earned money plus mine nearly to dealthb,life taken hard earned money. Still my life have no meaningful path, no direction. A food of thought said all HOPE is not lost, my fellow NLers, my fellow nigerians,my fellow unemployed graduates, my fellow purposeful youths, do we have any HOPE in this nation?,what did our future entail?

I pray Seun will not delect this post, its the voice of one of the masses and I hope it will effect CHANGE

I'm from one of the states in niger delta ,finished my primary and secondary school at late 90s, then embarked on my long journey to become a graduate. Evey parent went extra miles to see that their child get educated,mine went extra extra miles to see I finished my education. I believed my fellow readers understand how difficult it is for one to become a graduate my country call Nigeria. Shey na the bad and delapidated lecture room, obselately equiped labs and engineering workshops, bad hostels, bad and epiletic power supply, when we go dey read with lattern and candles those days we go get red eye like sey we don get appolo becos dat time oyinbo never invent rechargeable,we go eat beans so tey beans sef run for us,abi na d regular ASUU strike . Abeg make we leave story, this one sef na topic of its own.Bro,its was trebble to be educated, well, I served This nation for the mandatory 1 year nysc scheme.

All this period while I was striving so hard against all odds to have a meaningful and purposeful life, my fellow brothers from the same niger delta I came from have decided to choose a different paths. They reactivated the struggle for the emancipation of niger delta region,demanded for resource control and the betterment of the region that was started by Major Jasper Adaka Boro,which leads to taking arms against the state. War unsue,restless cover d region and oil pipelines of the state bear the brunt,oil bunlkering became a prominent business, people made millions ,some made billions from this illegal trade, people that never withness the four corners of the walls of a classroom.I was busy with my journey of acquiring knowledge which God knows when it will be useful.I was invited to join them many times but I refused simply because THEN I don't believe violence is the best option to attain meaningful course.

The nigerian state grant them amnesty after serious and tend years of war with them.The amnesty program entails a lot of both human and infrastructural developmental program which was later basterdized due to corruption from people entroned with its management.They enriched theirself and their loyalist,this people are in money while we that choose peaceful and meaningful path are still searching for jobs that never exist,job that will pays us few thousand of naira to ensure our survival.

*Is weaponary power more acceptable in nigeria than mental power?
Etc

I know, there are million of youths out there who are dieying in silent,we need to share our life story so our leaders we know all is not well with us. Peace and academic is not be traded to violence and lawlessness. Recently,the nation is negotiating wit Boko Haram and in every negotiation all over the world,it will never be a win win all for the government,these so called BH,murderes,kidnapperd,rapist,terrorist etc will have tangible and luxiourious proceeds from the nigeria nation. Those that they have been persecuiting,killing,raping,bombing,beheading etc will see them ridding around with latest model of cars,building mashioons,have full federal security comprising of the army and police,enmass alots of wealth while they that suffered most won't be able to have 1/100 of it. Tell me, where are we heading to ?

I pray what happening in mid east,Hong Kong,Ukrain will not happened in this nation one day. I MEAN REVOLUTION.

You will hardly find work, with your level of command of the English language, you write-up is very poor. You might want to take a good look at your CV, I am sure you will find a lot of spelling mistakes.

Just my 2 cents

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, It Pains Me Gan Gan by Jerryolumide(m): 2:06pm On Oct 20, 2014
jacqo:
I woke up this morning just like other days but felt unusual,picked up my Phone, checked time and date,it is after 7 on 20th of oct,2014. Wa o,I asked myself, is this how I will continue to live the rest of my life. After many years of academic pursuit,acquiring different certificates with my parent hard earned money plus mine nearly to dealthb,life taken hard earned money. Still my life have no meaningful path, no direction. A food of thought said all HOPE is not lost, my fellow NLers, my fellow nigerians,my fellow unemployed graduates, my fellow purposeful youths, do we have any HOPE in this nation?,what did our future entail?

I pray Seun will not delect this post, its the voice of one of the masses and I hope it will effect CHANGE

I'm from one of the states in niger delta ,finished my primary and secondary school at late 90s, then embarked on my long journey to become a graduate. Evey parent went extra miles to see that their child get educated,mine went extra extra miles to see I finished my education. I believed my fellow readers understand how difficult it is for one to become a graduate my country call Nigeria. Shey na the bad and delapidated lecture room, obselately equiped labs and engineering workshops, bad hostels, bad and epiletic power supply, when we go dey read with lattern and candles those days we go get red eye like sey we don get appolo becos dat time oyinbo never invent rechargeable,we go eat beans so tey beans sef run for us,abi na d regular ASUU strike . Abeg make we leave story, this one sef na topic of its own.Bro,its was trebble to be educated, well, I served This nation for the mandatory 1 year nysc scheme.

All this period while I was striving so hard against all odds to have a meaningful and purposeful life, my fellow brothers from the same niger delta I came from have decided to choose a different paths. They reactivated the struggle for the emancipation of niger delta region,demanded for resource control and the betterment of the region that was started by Major Jasper Adaka Boro,which leads to taking arms against the state. War unsue,restless cover d region and oil pipelines of the state bear the brunt,oil bunlkering became a prominent business, people made millions ,some made billions from this illegal trade, people that never withness the four corners of the walls of a classroom.I was busy with my journey of acquiring knowledge which God knows when it will be useful.I was invited to join them many times but I refused simply because THEN I don't believe violence is the best option to attain meaningful course.

The nigerian state grant them amnesty after serious and tend years of war with them.The amnesty program entails a lot of both human and infrastructural developmental program which was later basterdized due to corruption from people entroned with its management.They enriched theirself and their loyalist,this people are in money while we that choose peaceful and meaningful path are still searching for jobs that never exist,job that will pays us few thousand of naira to ensure our survival.

Etc

I know, there are million of youths out there who are dieying in silent,we need to share our life story so our leaders we know all is not well with us. Peace and academic is not be traded to violence and lawlessness. Recently,the nation is negotiating wit Boko Haram and in every negotiation all over the world,it will never be a win win all for the government,these so called BH,murderes,kidnapperd,rapist,terrorist etc will have tangible and luxiourious proceeds from the nigeria nation. Those that they have been persecuiting,killing,raping,bombing,beheading etc will see them ridding around with latest model of cars,building mashioons,have full federal security comprising of the army and police,enmass alots of wealth while they that suffered most won't be able to have 1/100 of it. Tell me, where are we heading to ?

I pray what happening in mid east,Hong Kong,Ukrain will not happened in this nation one day. I MEAN REVOLUTION.
wow. No wonder u dnt av a job. Ur spelling na manage, ur tenses ma na worst
Re: Nigeria, It Pains Me Gan Gan by bright8(m): 2:12pm On Oct 20, 2014
jacqo:

Etc

My broda,
dem say you no sabi spell na im be the problem.
Don't mind them o. If your ND side na the side wey i comot from then you try sef. Just be patient God will help you when the time comes. You are even better than many people in 'high places' today.

(1) (Reply)

No Plan To Dump APC – Atiku / BREAKING NEWS: Scores Feared Dead After Bomb Explosion In Yobe Today / PDP Crisis Deepens As Obanikoro Shuns Peace Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.