Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

Help Me!! My Laptop Charger Keeps On "Smelling Burnt",but It's Still Charging - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help Me!! My Laptop Charger Keeps On "Smelling Burnt",but It's Still Charging (5545 Views)

HELP! My Laptop Charger Making Sparkling Noise When Charging / How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop / Windows Keeps On Restarting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me!! My Laptop Charger Keeps On "Smelling Burnt",but It's Still Charging by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 20, 2014
Help me oh,It keeps on smelling but it's still charging.... I'm concerned bout the smell,it fills my room and gets me choking (Exaggeration tho)......

it started this midnight when I tried to charge it, immediately I plugged it in,it brought out little smoke and kept on charging, the power pack is still intact I guess,as it isn't smelling bit the other cable smells a lot and a part of it melts....

is there anything I call do to it to stop the smell
.......abeg help me,i just got the charger on saturday (it's a Toshiba London used charger)
Re: Help Me!! My Laptop Charger Keeps On "Smelling Burnt",but It's Still Charging by emmyvet(m): 2:26pm On Oct 20, 2014
Jregz:
Help me oh,It keeps on smelling but it's still charging.... I'm concerned bout the smell,it fills my room and gets me choking (Exaggeration tho)......

it started this midnight when I tried to charge it, immediately I plugged it in,it brought out little smoke and kept on charging, the power pack is still intact I guess,as it isn't smelling bit the other cable smells a lot and a part of it melts....

.......abeg help me,i just got the charger on saturday (it's a Toshiba London used charger)
Its smelling because of some stuffs like the resistor that might have burnt the time the smoke came out.
Continue using it but be careful not to fry your laptop, Lol.
Always plug it on a stabilizer but to be on the safer side get another one.
Re: Help Me!! My Laptop Charger Keeps On "Smelling Burnt",but It's Still Charging by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 20, 2014
emmyvet:

Its smelling because of some stuffs like the resistor that might have burnt the time the smoke came out.
Continue using it but be careful not to fry your laptop, Lol.
Always plug it on a stabilizer but to be on the safer side get another one.
get another one ? I.e 2 chargers within the space of 3 days,I done die....lol

but to be honest,is there not a way I can curb it or something ? I mean the wires are the one melting...... can't I stop it in some way like sellotaping ?

Re: Help Me!! My Laptop Charger Keeps On "Smelling Burnt",but It's Still Charging by emmyvet(m): 7:18pm On Oct 20, 2014
Jregz:

get another one ? I.e 2 chargers within the space of 3 days,I done die....lol

but to be honest,is there not a way I can curb it or something ? I mean the wires are the one melting...... can't I stop it in some way like sellotaping

You can goto the market and buy only the cord, I guess the cord you are holding is the one you plug to your laptop and plug the other side to the adapter? If yes, you can just replace the cord mmaybe from the old charger you have.
Re: Help Me!! My Laptop Charger Keeps On "Smelling Burnt",but It's Still Charging by Nobody: 2:26am On Oct 21, 2014
emmyvet:

You can goto the market and buy only the cord, I guess the cord you are holding is the one you plug to your laptop and plug the other side to the adapter? If yes, you can just replace the cord mmaybe from the old charger you have.
thanks a lot,i got it for 450 naira

1 Like

Re: Help Me!! My Laptop Charger Keeps On "Smelling Burnt",but It's Still Charging by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 21, 2014
Jregz:

See this baba o, instead of you to be happy that its working, kuku burn it so you'll have peace of mind grin
Re: Help Me!! My Laptop Charger Keeps On "Smelling Burnt",but It's Still Charging by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 22, 2014
malikmoreni:

See this baba o, instead of you to be happy that its working, kuku burn it so you'll have peace of mind grin
lol

(1) (Reply)

Smile 4G LTE Internet Data Plans, Bundles & Subscription Prices / Best Torrent Websites To Download From / How Do I Use Rapishare Premium Account With Dap/idm?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.