Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,607 members, 7,801,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Critical/non Partisan Reasons Why I Think Fashola, Is Fraudulent - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Critical/non Partisan Reasons Why I Think Fashola, Is Fraudulent (447 Views)

2015 Election: Jonathan Should Have Sacked Partisan Jega – Okupe / Suleiman Abba And The Making Of A Partisan Police, By Femi Falana / Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Critical/non Partisan Reasons Why I Think Fashola, Is Fraudulent by TRUTHTELA: 2:15pm On Oct 20, 2014
I've read so much about how Fashola, is " working", I'm yet to see for myself. Fashola, looks smart and sound intelligent, and I think that's about it. Personally, I see him as FRAUDULENT, PAROCHIAL and a WASHOUT, just like I see Jonathan.

Firstly, I learnt that Lagos state, IGR, runs into millions/billions, in addition to the monthly revenue Lagos, gets from the Fed. account, so what's Fashola doing with money? LOOTING or MISAPPROPRIATION?

Lagos state, doesn't feed the general public, Im yet to read about PUBLIC HOUSING that favors the MIDDLE CLASS or POOR people. Some of the bridges and inner city ( NON INTER-STATE) roads are being TOLLED. Lagosians, are yet to boast of 24hours electricity. The politicians, GEJ, TINUBU & ilk, they still frequent the WORLD CLASS HOSPITALS in the West. I mean, in Lagos, INFRASTRUCTURE, ELECTRICITY, HEALTH CARE & OTHER BASIC SOCIAL AMENITIES, are just as it has always, THIRD WORLD STANDARD, which only the POOR, LOCAL CHAMPIONS, & E-TOUTS get WOWED.

Fashola, paid govt. workers, tar roads & beautify the side walks, build parks, equip few hospitals, DOES ALL THESE THINGS JUSTIFY BILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN LOAN ? What else is so EXCEPTIONAL about Fashola's " WORKING? If Lagos were to be Fashola's PERSONAL BUSINESS, I can assure that Lagos, IGR and monthly allocation will be enough to run the government and still make profit.

I took a road trip to Canada, from my state. I got tired of driving because I drove for about 4-5 hours, yet I'm within my state. We have govt. housing program for the POOR. The State, FEEDS THE POOR ( EBT program ), the state fix all the roads this summer/fall ahead of winter, in addition to bridges and new roads been constructed. In a nutshell, this state doesn't have OIL REVENUE coming in, rather, it's TAXES & TAXES that was used JUDICIOUSLY & TRANSPARENTLY for the PUBLIC GOOD. Rather, than borrowing or running deficit, the state budget was SURPLUS and they had to mail back some additional income tax check to me & millions of others. Actually, the state lawmakers, agreed to refund people some tax money, save a part of it & use the rest to fund some ESSENTIAL projects that requires URGENT funding.

Yes, Lagos state, is more populated, however, in less than 45 minutes, you're either in Ogun state, or Benin republic and Lagos state ( Fashola ) is NOT feeding or housing the POOR. Rather, than CARE or PROTECT, the POOR, VULNERABLE and WEAK folks, Fashola, will bundle them to their state of origin. We all know how some people are LEECHES on the UK/ British government, yet these leeches weren't deported to their countries of origin. So, whats Fashola, doing with PUBLIC FUNDS? WHY SHOULD Lagos borrow money and billions for that matter?

Lagos, have ZERO infrastructure, no road network, people spend hours coming or going to work. Most neighborhoods on the Island, are slums, flooding has become a norm cos of no drainage. Lagosians, who can afford it have their own sources of power and water supply. I'm yet to read a Jakande, type of housing or something meaningful about housing the poor. Why can't Fashola, build apartments for Lagos state civil servants in Lekki? Oh, they're not FIT for such neighborhood. Other than their paycheck, or transportation ( which they work for), is their any other thing the Lagos state, civil servants have being wowed with? What did Fashola, do with billions of dollars?

I lost the little regards I have for Fashola, when he failed to support the FOI. I expected him to be the champion or the most vocal supporter OR implementer of the Freedom Of Information act, because, he's lawyer, he claimed to be a people's servant, and morally, THE GOVERNMENT IS NOT YOUR PERSONAL ESTATE, the people of Lagos deserve to know how you RUN THEIR STATE. If you're HONEST & PRUDENT, WHY THE SECRECY?

Lastly, I still don't understand why Fashola, will be trading words with Jonathan, over who " stopped" Ebola, from spreading. Is it necessary? However, I'm very much sure if Ebola, was spreading & killing people, Fashola, APC & millions of Nigerians, would have been calling for GEJ's heading and branding him a FAILURE. The BLAME would have been Jonathan's ( the president that refused to close the borders), but the PAT ON THE BACK IS FOR FASHOLA's.

Counter my view with FACTS, I want to learn, but you chose to cuss, good for you. FYI, I do not care about Jonathan and his fellow ROGUES like Fashola, Tinubu, IBB, El rufai, OBJ, David Mark, Orji, Uba & their ilk. HISTORY WILL NOT BE KIND TO ALL OF THEM AND GENERATIONS TO COME WILL NEVER FORGIVE THEM AND THEIR OFFSPRINGS. Support them all you want!! I'll continue to view things from a CRITICAL & OBJECTIVE lens, then I express myself based on that.

I'm yet to see the justification for borrowing money/billions by Fashola. Prove me wrong

2 Likes

Re: Critical/non Partisan Reasons Why I Think Fashola, Is Fraudulent by chaplin4u: 3:09pm On Oct 20, 2014
In the city of the blind, the one eye person is the king (that's why Fashola is over-hyped)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is NOT Broke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! / Cameroonian Military Kill 39 Boko Haraminsurgents / Kogi Jail Break Eyewitness Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.