Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,664 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Ogun State Girls - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ogun State Girls (3710 Views)

The Most Power Spiritual Tribe In Ogun State / Oro Festival Today At Ifo, Ogun State / Ogun State Indigenes (omo Olumo) Identify Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun State Girls by 9iceX(m): 4:44pm On Oct 20, 2014
I so much believe that whatever we become in life is because we choosed to. There's this thinq I always heard from people around when I was young about women from a "particular part" in Oqun state; or I cud say Oqun state qenerally (I choosed to be as reserved as possible as I wont wanna cause chaos here).
"Marry whoever you want to but don't brinq a woman from Oqun state and xpect us to accept" they'd warned.

I was born in Oqun. I qrew up here, and to say the fact, I confirmed all to be true about these women. They don't endure and stay by their husbands in time of difficulties. They love Parties and they are just not submissive. I can point more than 5 around me who had re-married twice or more. I realy don't have a problem with that until NOW.

I have a qf and she's from "there". truth is; I wanna settle with this qirl but fam and frnds wont even let me say it out. I wish I cud prove to them that I'm in love with an individual; not a community. Aqain, what if she 'z just beinq nice to me cos we are yet to qet married??
On the other hand, I don't want to fall into a situation of "Good> we told you but u wudn't listen".
This is somethinq I know to be true buh I still want to qo ahead. Beinq in a relationship is qood ofcos; buh family is important.
Oqun women shud convinced me so I can do dsame to mah people and make them accept:::: I'm qettinq old faa!!
Re: Ogun State Girls by ChristyG(f): 10:54pm On Oct 20, 2014
mtchheeww,sh1t talk!!!! pls leave d girl alone since u ave already formed an idea of her in ur cos of d sh1t talk people told u.go and marry from where u are from,i guess dey are saints and perfect women like mary iya jesu..so leave ogun state women alone,if u dont marry her another will,dey are thousands of REASONABLE men out dere.am guessing u from ondo state or d from d land of d self proclaimed african jews.abeg comot jor

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State Girls by terridabull(m): 9:55am On Oct 21, 2014
ChristyG:
mtchheeww,sh1t talk!!!! pls leave d girl alone since u ave already formed an idea of her in ur cos of d sh1t talk people told u.go and marry from where u are from,i guess dey are saints and perfect women like mary iya jesu..so leave ogun state women alone,if u dont marry her another will,dey are thousands of REASONABLE men out dere.am guessing u from ondo state or d from d land of d self proclaimed african jews.abeg comot jor
. why pick out ondo state?
Re: Ogun State Girls by ChristyG(f): 10:06am On Oct 21, 2014
terridabull:
cos it is mostly peeps from dat area in yorubaland dat always has something bad to say about ogun state people in general, like dey are any better:p

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Girls by terridabull(m): 10:34am On Oct 21, 2014
ChristyG:
cos it is mostly peeps from dat area in yorubaland dat always has something bad to say about ogun state people in general, like dey are any better:p
. so are u trying to say ogun people in general have never said something bad about ondo people.Anyway that means inside yourubaland tribalism is goes on.
Re: Ogun State Girls by ChristyG(f): 10:51am On Oct 21, 2014
terridabull:
. so are u trying to say ogun people in general have never said something bad about ondo people.Anyway that means inside yourubaland tribalism is goes on.
it is one sided than vice versa,and if we are talking about tribalism,it is everywhere in nigeria even in dat enugu u live in and where u come from..btw it is yorubaland not yourubaland:p
Re: Ogun State Girls by ChristyG(f): 10:52am On Oct 21, 2014
[quote author=terridabull post=27322783]. so are u trying to say ogun people in general have never said something bad about ondo people.Anyway that means inside yourubaland tribalism is goes on.[/quote
Re: Ogun State Girls by terridabull(m): 11:11am On Oct 21, 2014
ChristyG:
it is one sided than vice versa,and if we are talking about tribalism,it is everywhere in nigeria even in dat enugu u live in and where u come from..btw it is yorubaland not yourubaland:p
thanks for the correction,by the way do u have any facts that it is one sided.Am a Yoruba mixed with ibo grin working in enugu.
Re: Ogun State Girls by ChristyG(f): 11:29am On Oct 21, 2014
terridabull:
thanks for the correction,by the way do u have any facts that it is one sided.Am a Yoruba mixed with ibo grin working in enugu.
lol 'yoruba mixed with ibo',its either you are yoruba or ibo on ur father's side.dere is no group recognized as ' yoruba mixed with ibo'dat wat confused people from inter tribal homes make up to make dem acceptable to both tribes,its stup1dd...and my proof is d personal experience i ave had from peeps from dat area,not soo good
Re: Ogun State Girls by itstpia1: 4:21pm On Oct 21, 2014
terridabull:

husband things.

ChristyG:

ma'am, are you looking for husband?
Re: Ogun State Girls by ChristyG(f): 4:35pm On Oct 21, 2014
itstpia1:

husband things.

ma'am, are you looking for husband?
old mama youngie,get d phuck out of my mentions..u probably need d husband more considering d number of years u ave being on dis forum with ur different monikers,adagba ma danu:/

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Girls by itstpia1: 4:41pm On Oct 21, 2014
sorry, didnt know it was a sensitive mention for you.

no vex.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun State Girls by Akell(m): 5:35pm On Oct 21, 2014
9iceX:
I so much believe that whatever we become in life is because we choosed to. There's this thinq I always heard from people around when I was young about women from a "particular part" in Oqun state; or I cud say Oqun state qenerally (I choosed to be as reserved as possible as I wont wanna cause chaos here).
"Marry whoever you want to but don't brinq a woman from Oqun state and xpect us to accept" they'd warned.

I was born in Oqun. I qrew up here, and to say the fact, I confirmed all to be true about these women. They don't endure and stay by their husbands in time of difficulties. They love Parties and they are just not submissive. I can point more than 5 around me who had re-married twice or more. I realy don't have a problem with that until NOW.

I have a qf and she's from "there". truth is; I wanna settle with this qirl but fam and frnds wont even let me say it out. I wish I cud prove to them that I'm in love with an individual; not a community. Aqain, what if she 'z just beinq nice to me cos we are yet to qet married??
On the other hand, I don't want to fall into a situation of "Good> we told you but u wudn't listen".
This is somethinq I know to be true buh I still want to qo ahead. Beinq in a relationship is qood ofcos; buh family is important.
Oqun women shud convinced me so I can do dsame to mah people and make them accept:::: I'm qettinq old faa!!
you aint far frm d truth. While growing up, this idea also filtered then. Infact, to ascertain the veracity of your post or the notion, a foremost Juju music exponent KSA sang it in one of his work...the line goes: Ijebu soro, e mase f'Ijebu sere. Eni ba f'Ijebu sere, odaju pe wahala a ba... meaning, Ijebus are wicked, don't ever toy with them. Anyone who does, is in for it.
I served in Ogun State and I aint being subjective here. They love partying and also fetish. If you dont have BIG money, dont go near them.
OP...back to ur issue, the choice is urs. But be wise and discreet in ur actions cus what an elder sees while sitting, a child wont see when on the Himalayas
Re: Ogun State Girls by kweenkong(f): 10:44am On Oct 23, 2014
People neve cease to amaze me especially in this century.With all the stereotypes going on about people and there different tribes are there not people who have exhibited different characters. I am proudly ijebu and i can tell you that my family upbringing is quite different.

Look at the famiky you are marrying from there values and what is most important to them, not just the place they from. Every tribe and i mean every tribe has a form of bad stereotype, mention one to me and i will tell you the gist about them.
Re: Ogun State Girls by Vado(m): 1:39pm On Oct 23, 2014
For the fact that you highlighted few examples from your immediate environment is a pointer to the potential disaster inherent in a particular group's dna. Not all ladies from such region is a sorry case but statistics and inference from personal experience isn't impressive. All in all, God's guidance is supreme.
Re: Ogun State Girls by macof(m): 8:17pm On Oct 25, 2014
Are you egba, ijebu or yewa??

That's wat matters not ur state

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Girls by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 26, 2014
I am from ondo state and christyg is right about that. I have been told several times by my grandma and people who r relatives not to marry from the state.
however, I do tell them that its shyt talk. I don't believe a part of Yoruba land is better than the other. its a petty stereotyping which is formed from base thinking. its a kind of pun, like ogun ( charm) sounds the same way as Ogun ,then Ogun people are fettish. just the same way some Yoruba people say ondo and Edo girls love sex just because of 'do' ($ex) in their pronunciation. the funniest thing is that most of these people has never been to these places , never interacted with the people or had/heard any experience of such.
Re: Ogun State Girls by Akell(m): 9:49am On Oct 26, 2014
Teejizzle:
I am from ondo state and christyg is right about that. I have been told several times by my grandma and people who r relatives not to marry from the state.
however, I do tell them that its shyt talk. I don't believe a part of Yoruba land is better than the other. its a petty stereotyping which is formed from base thinking. its a kind of pun, like ogun ( charm) sounds the same way as Ogun ,then Ogun people are fettish. just the same way some Yoruba people say ondo and Edo girls love sex just because of 'do' ($ex) in their pronunciation. the funniest thing is that most of these people has never been to these places , never interacted with the people or had/heard any experience of such.

Stereotyping you say? Ok! Now tell me, are these beliefs: Igbos love money; Hausas are dirty, Calabar girls love $3x, Ekiti people are stubborn, quiet people are the most dangerous... all stereotypes/ stereotypical statements? These are as a matter of fact, beliefs founded and grounded on successful and decade-long inferences.
Re: Ogun State Girls by phemmy88(m): 10:02am On Oct 26, 2014
Teejizzle:

presently in ijebu....and av been here for like a year now...what i heard abt ijebu people is actually true..and i have confirmed it...talk about being fetish.....i can even count about 3 babalawo house in only my street... here, you will see barbers, mechanics, carpenters and all those illiterate guys claiming to belong to different fraternities. they kill and shoot at each others without thinking twice...

and talk of parties...wat u heard is even underrated....and here you'll see alot of single mothers every where..most of them operating a beer parlor........lots and lots...u need to experience bro

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Girls by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 26, 2014
Akell:

Stereotyping you say? Ok! Now tell me, are these beliefs: Igbos love money; Hausas are dirty, Calabar girls love $3x, Ekiti people are stubborn, quiet people are the most dangerous... all stereotypes/ stereotypical statements? These are as a matter of fact, beliefs founded and grounded on successful and decade-long inferences.
why don't tell me the tribe that don't love money, sex, the ones that are not dirty or stubborn.
its all individual peculiarities.
Re: Ogun State Girls by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 26, 2014
phemmy88:

presently in ijebu....and av been here for like a year now...what i heard abt ijebu people is actually true..and i have confirmed it...talk about being fetish.....i can even count about 3 babalawo house in only my street... here, you will see barbers, mechanics, carpenters and all those illiterate guys claiming to belong to different fraternities. they kill and shoot at each others without thinking twice...

and talk of parties...wat u heard is even underrated....and here you'll see alot of single mothers every where..most of them operating a beer parlor........lots and lots...u need to experience bro
tell us where you are from and how different it is from ijebu.
Re: Ogun State Girls by Akell(m): 11:15am On Oct 26, 2014
Teejizzle:

why don't tell me the tribe that don't love money, sex, the ones that are not dirty or stubborn.
its all individual peculiarities.
excess is what I'm talking about here bro. You know the truth, just shying away from it.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Folklore And Mythologies / The Yoruba Iwo King Akanbi That Sleeps With Men & Does Fraud - [EXPOSED] -part 2 / Learn Benin Language Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.