Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,815 members, 7,806,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University (63032 Views)

Nigerian Sets Record, Scores 5.0 GPA In Russia.. / Nigerian Breaks Academic Record At John Hopkins University-punch Newspaper / Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Johnnoo(m): 10:04pm On Oct 20, 2014
Book worm

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by politricks: 10:07pm On Oct 20, 2014
Reference:

Na. Airheads must vent too.
Sorry i dont totally get you sir.
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by kettykin: 10:10pm On Oct 20, 2014
Igbos blazing the trail since 200 Bc

4 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by T3amie(m): 10:11pm On Oct 20, 2014
God is great...nice 1 dude...buh This post is since june 2012
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by KLand(m): 10:11pm On Oct 20, 2014
Ibo boy representing.... Welldone my boy. I have always known that you will make us proud. Smiles.

Seriously, Nigerias are very intelligent people. Quote me.

3 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Adekagood: 10:11pm On Oct 20, 2014
This old man 22yrs?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by AnonymustME(m): 10:13pm On Oct 20, 2014
meccuno:
i went to afss na...why would i lie?
This is old news....happened Like 3 years ago or more
And he went to AFCS... Air force comprehensive school Ibadan and not AFSS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by jendy36(m): 10:14pm On Oct 20, 2014
keep it up bro
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by mainman7(m): 10:17pm On Oct 20, 2014
RoyalPriesthuud:
Nigerians hardly read news sha. All many do is come to nairaland to read others comments and then move on to other social media. This is no more a news. I read this paper as far back as am in SS2, that's 2012. The op sef, because you want to make front page, you are giving these guys trash. Go get a life!

Lol... They'll do any stupid thing to make it look like they are better at other things other than selling spare parts and apu. Frantically trying to show they are as half intelligent as the Yorubas, igbos are incorrigible perpetual fool!
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by ELKASPBG(m): 10:17pm On Oct 20, 2014
hazyfm:
[size=18pt]NIGERIANS ALWAYS DO WELL ABROAD, OUR EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM IN NIGERIA WAS DESIGNED FOR STUDENTS TO FAIL...

SO MANY IRRELEVANT COURSES

WHAT BUSINESS DOES AN ACCOUNTING STUDENT HAVE WITH BIOLOGY ??

12 COURSES PER SEMESTER??
[/size]
abi oo we must all pass those subject before we enter school that is why we are the best in Africa
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 20, 2014
tinkinjow:
Ehm....Please what qualified the 17 US presidents as members of the phi beta kini group.
And I tot this guy just finished his degree so why the scholarship for degree in medicine at is it yale abi havard when we've been made to believe that John Hopkins is d best medical school.

MY MAN, in the USA..u don't get a direct entry to study medicine...
1st U enroll in BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES ,then qualify to secure medicine..

4 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by ceeceeco: 10:26pm On Oct 20, 2014
meccuno:
if we as africans shun tribalism and love one another,i dont see why these whites would be lording over us.....we have the same brain and we refuse to use it for our own benefit.........
Another thing is greed. Blacks are greedy.
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by gboyeking4(m): 10:49pm On Oct 20, 2014
.....jah blez u bro......and also not 'mr nobody possing wt his family or sharing his sister's photo'
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 10:52pm On Oct 20, 2014
mainman7:

Lol... They'll do any stupid thing to make it look like they are better at other things other than selling spare parts and apu. Frantically trying to show they are as half intelligent as the Yorubas, igbos are incorrigible perpetual fool!
While I must stress it out that your literary sense is worth commending, I mustn't also overlook your racism. I'm not saying the op is trying to show that ibos are good at academics, I'm only saying the op went to dig up a 2 years old news to post. It's only when we are united that we can rise to the level the founding fathers envisaged back then.
Lemme now tell you that the believe that Yorubas are better at education than others is very wrong and delusional.
1.Achieving 3.98 CGPA Neurosciences as Johns Hopkins, u think say na beans? That's a Nigerian you'll say his brothers only know money and then money.
2. A Nigerian named Jelani Aliyu who designed the most electrifying and advanced car name Chevrolet Volt for General motors. This man hails from a region where bigots will say they know nothing other than making 'Suya' and begging for alms on Lagos streets. And so on. I'm also a Yoruba guy but Yorubas are no genius/gurus as some racist will say it and let no Ibo guy/lady says Ibos are blazing the trail or 'wọ́rẹvà'. I stand for one 9ja where we are not divided through ehnic, religious, social or political lines. Proudly Nigerian.

7 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:57pm On Oct 20, 2014
mainman7:

You must be living in outer space to not know that Igbos lead presently in academic accomplishments in Nigeria.
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by chinkichun: 10:59pm On Oct 20, 2014
itstpia1:

seriously, sometimes it seems like you have to jump through hoops to study medicine in america.

not easy at all to get admission.

a high school for health professions?

good idea but lord have mercy, thats so young.

That's specialization... And that's what makes them good at what they do

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by danbrowndmf(m): 11:04pm On Oct 20, 2014
[quote
author=meccuno post=27306269]Nigerian Breaks Academic Record At John
Hopkins University

A 22-year-old Nigerian has emerged one of the top graduating students of
John Hopkins University in the United States. He obtained a Grade Point
Average of 3.98 out of a possible 4.0 to earn a degree in
Neurosciences, SEGUN OLUGBILE writes.

A 22-year-old Nigerian, Emmanuel Ohuabunwa, has made history at John
Hopkins University, United States of America. Ohuabunwa from Arochukwu,
Abia State, has done the nation proud by becoming the first black man
to make a Grade Point Average of 3.98 out of 4.0 to bag a degree in
Neurosciences in the university. He was also adjudged as having the
highest honours during the graduation that was held on May 24 this year.

For his efforts, he has won a scholarship to Yale University to pursue a
degree in medicine. Besides, he has been inducted into Phi Beta Kappa
Society, a prestigious honour group that features membership of 17 US
Presidents, 37 US Supreme Court Justices, and 136 Nobel Prize winners.

According to Wikipedia, The Phi Beta Kappa Society is an academic honour
society. Its mission is to “celebrate and advocate excellence in the
liberal arts and sciences” and induct “the most outstanding students of
arts and sciences at America’s leading colleges and universities.”

It was founded at The College of William and Mary on December 5, 1776,
and thus it is the oldest honour society for the liberal arts and
sciences and among the oldest undergraduate societies in the US.

In an online interview with our correspondent, Ohuabunwa, who was born
in Okota, Lagos and attended Lilly Fields Primary School, Lagos, said he
left Nigeria after his junior secondary school education at Air Force
Comprehensive School, Ibadan, Oyo State.

“My parents moved the whole family when I was 13 years old. I was about
to begin SS1 at Air Force, Ibadan. When I got to the US, I was enrolled
with my age mates, which meant at 13, I was in middle school. I went to
Fondren Middle School, which was in the middle of the ghetto. That was
one of the darkest years for me because I encountered a lot of peer
pressure. Some of the students, ignorant about Africa, bullied me and
called me names such as ‘African booty scratcher’ because to them,
Africans were dirty and scratched their butts all the time.

“Some asked me if I lived in mud huts and ate faeces for breakfast. I
remember one day, when I was walking to the school bus, a boy came from
behind and punched me in the face, called me an African and walked away.
It took everything in me not to retaliate. I knew that God had put me
in the U.S for a purpose and it did not involve fighting or selling
drugs or doing the wrong things.

“My experience during that year gave me a thick skin. I learned to stand
for what I thought was right even when the opposition seemed
insurmountable. I also learned to look at the positive in all
situations. Even though these kids were bullying me, I was still gaining
an opportunity to school in America and nothing would stop me from
making the best of this opportunity.

“The shocker was that the kid that punched me in the face was black. I
would have expected the blacks to be nicer to me. Nevertheless, I don’t
blame those kids because they were ignorant about Africa. All they knew
about us was the stuff they had watched on TV or documentaries, showing
primitive African tribes, living in the jungle and making noises like
monkeys.

“In regards to the whites, there might have been some minor episodes
but again I don’t blame them for it because it is a problem with
stereotypes,” he said.

But in spite of this humiliation and racial prejudice against him, the
first in a family of three was not discouraged. He faced his studies and
was always coming top in his class. After he completed his middle
school education, he passed the entrance examination to DeBakey High
School for Health Professions. It was at this school that his interest
in neurosciences and medicine started.

“By the second year of high school, we were able to interact with
doctors, nurses and other administrators in the hospital. The more I
learned about medicine, the more it felt like the thing God was calling
me to pursue and by being in the US I got a lot of people to support me
to do this. Even though in high school, I got to see first-hand what it
meant to be a doctor. We studied advanced anatomy and physiology,
learned medical terminology, and learned important skills, such as
checking blood pressure, pulse rate, and many more.

“I knew I wanted to go to the best school in the US. I had heard that
Johns Hopkins Hospital had been ranked the number one hospital in the US
for the past 21 years and I wanted to be in that environment.’’

Worried that his parents might not be able to sponsor him to the
university, Ohuabu i neva even read ma book finish na to cm read dis bible u post here Nawa oh.
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by bhadmux(m): 11:05pm On Oct 20, 2014
The Next Ben Carson in Making!
#MadeOfBlack
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by blackfase(m): 11:13pm On Oct 20, 2014
This news don old small nah....
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by pally212(m): 11:17pm On Oct 20, 2014
Nice one......
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Jambsupport(f): 11:28pm On Oct 20, 2014
another Ben Carson in d making
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Niyinficient(m): 11:35pm On Oct 20, 2014
2cato:
Abeg make them face front. Lie lie story.

Guy.......u dull o...ode oshi....e fit be say na certificate of attendance u take finish frm schl, dats if u even atten any o!

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 20, 2014
englishmart:
It's s good thing he didn't study in nigeria.
During my university days, I first gained admission to study micro-biology in Abu zaria..
I couldn't cope. I was made to study too many un-imperative courses.

I pulled out in 200th level..

The next year I found myself in Harvard university.

This young man has done us proud. Just the way I did nigeria proud in my Harvard days.. Mine was 3.99.

Keep it up man.

3.99 out of how many
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by siegfried99(m): 11:48pm On Oct 20, 2014
#MadeOfBlack grin
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Elbisco(m): 12:29am On Oct 21, 2014
tinkinjow:
Ehm....Please what qualified the 17 US presidents as members of the phi beta kini group.
And I tot this guy just finished his degree so why the scholarship for degree in medicine at is it yale abi havard when we've been made to believe that John Hopkins is d best medical school.

in U.S you must have a degree before you are qualified to study medicine..so he already has his degree now,and medicine is next..so medicine there is more like 8 years...4 years first degree + 4 years medicine....its the common wealth style nigeria uses thats straight six years...as for the John Hopkins,he did his first degree der(commonly called pre-med),he can do his med degree anywhere too...(I suspect he's following Ben Carsons Path...Yale uni,John Hopkins and neuro surgery)

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by fireforfire: 12:49am On Oct 21, 2014
2cato:
Abeg make them face front. Lie lie story just to oil the ego of some people.
Jealousy tongue

see where ur mind don reach? instead if rejoicingwit ur fellow naija guy na to carry cutlass start e-war

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by McSpark: 12:50am On Oct 21, 2014
What does that has to do with igbo or what? Don't be tribal here. Just Nigerian.
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by laoma15(m): 12:57am On Oct 21, 2014
Weldone young man. This is the type of news we should hear about Nigeria. Every single Nigeria that step out of the shore should be a good Ambassador.

On the other hand, I hope our dear leaders are reading this? They should developed our country and stop wasting our resources. There is hope for the Nation.
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by sekzy99(m): 1:46am On Oct 21, 2014
i need a job onboard a ship, studied marine engineering. Have my stcw 95,medical n discharge book ready. Momlilyseyi@gmail.com or 08023373302Thanks
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by EbuGeneral(m): 2:39am On Oct 21, 2014
and lecturers will tell you to come and sort them after you are sure of what you wrote.all this irrelevant courses, i wonder what concern psychology and french. 9ja education system is crippled.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by destante(f): 3:17am On Oct 21, 2014
benromeo39:
keep sighing. I was comparing not saying it was CU. I dey see, I'm not as old as u grand aunt. cheesy grin
lool. wahrevurr!
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by favkadgold: 3:18am On Oct 21, 2014
[color=#770077][/color]Bro am happy for u, but come to tink of it why he nor go make am when our lecturers dey collect money from student. I dn read tire for me I nor dey read again na to carry d money give dem because I nor want wahala cheesy. I need to make dat 3.98 wit my money here in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Patience Jonathan’s Security Aide Was Killed — Leadership / Course Rep Accused Of Stealing Phone At Lead City University (Photo) / Abu Admission Requirements For All Courses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.