Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children (15389 Views)

His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House / Why Do Some Parents Insult Their Children? / Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 21, 2014
Well, the girl wasn't sensible. She should have told her sister that the work was too much, and not told the man. As for the man, that's for another day.

1 Like

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by cococandy(f): 1:08pm On Oct 21, 2014
Strong and sensible opinion? grin
Ok I've heard you.

I hope that settles it undecided
TribalEAST:
when cococandy can't counter a strong and sensible opinion, she does the above. cool
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 21, 2014
Talon05:

Well-done. Really well-done.

Typical. Very typical of you. You just have to try your best possible to ridicule this woman by finding lapses in her life, finding fault in something she has no power over just to achieve your aim because she has a differing opinion to yours?, now that is very low of you. If doing this brings peace and serenity into your life, go on.

All the best.
you just gotta enjoy this guy's comment. These feminists are just plain foolish and wicked. Just cos she differs in opinion with hers, she decided to dig around just to find something to use against her. Smh! That's why debates with carefreewannabe never ends; she veers off topic and takes you through a merry go round till you start sensing you've lost direction, a feeling she terms as victory on her part.

3 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 21, 2014
TribalEAST:
you just gotta enjoy this guy's comment. These feminists are just plain foolish and wicked. Just cos she differs in opinion with hers, she decided to dig around just to find something to use against her. Smh! That's why debates with carefreewannabe never ends; she veers off topic and takes you through a merry go round till you start sensing you've lost direction, a feeling she terms as victory on her part.

I didn't bring envy in families into the discussion. wink

4 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Talon05: 1:20pm On Oct 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I don't care whether she is successful or not, everyone is successful on NL grin

I just think that envy in a family is nothing to be proud of.
A family should be a supportive and not a competitive system.
If there is envy and competition in a family, then something is very wrong with it.
You are right on this but this lady is just a victim of circumstance and you trying to rub it in her face is not fair.

I am happy for her, despite all the competition and envy in her family, she turned out really fine and thats something only few people can achieve. She went from being a victim to a victrix so step back and stop what you trying to do to her. Again, its not fair.
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Talon05: 1:22pm On Oct 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

You are free to ignore me if you think that I am boring. wink
How would I when you find it difficult to ignore me, huh?
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 21, 2014
Amelian:

thanks for the congrats on my new marriage, but why shud I announce this one to nld or to any website, when the ones I mentioned didn't smell the time of day... abeg ooooo, chillisauce, remove eye from my marriage, focus on yours. [b]Am not the type that will display pics of my private affairs online. [/b]For me, marriage and even the ceremony itself is very private to me and my hubby. At least, when we did the Introduction, traditional and white wedding, I didn't beg for your contribution, or any onelse.
so biko, remove eye grin. chillisauce

why will i remove my eyes when i was the one supporting you during that crisis. Is that how you treat a sister grin.

Anyway, make sure its not lagos marriage, if not.

meanwhile, your pics is scattered all over nairaland by you. are you not the yellow sisi, with a fashion shop
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I didn't bring envy in families into the discussion. wink
you made it a subject when you pulled it from her comment with its subtle nature and blew it beyond proportion.

3 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 21, 2014
TribalEAST:
the man is not the one subjecting her to slavery but her own sister. I don't think the man demanded all the effort she puts in. I believe the wife must have assigned her own duties to her sister due to lazy and female wickedness. Perhaps, she believes since they are assisting her that much, then she ought to slave for them. The man might not know she washes for him thinking it's his wife that does it. If he knew and didn't stop it, then I blame him. But I think the wife could have restrained him, claiming the affair was between she and her sweet and willing to help sister. The man had every right to throw her out of his house for being challenged by her. The wife now has 2 problems to deal with: doing the chores and trying to win back a sister's love. As for the lady, she needs to bury her pride and return or be on her on to face the consequences.

everything here, you find a way to turn it into gender war, dont you people get tired ni undecided

i don talk my own, talk your own then move on. ah ah. na wah

5 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 21, 2014
Talon05:

You are right on this but this lady is just a victim of circumstance and you trying to rub it in her face is not fair.

I don't consider her a victim because she was born into a polygamous home.
I have a problem with this mindset "My mother was better than the other wives."
Either you marry into a polygamous home and consider the other wives your family or you better stay out of it.
And as a child from a polygamous home, you better learn to show more respect to the mothers of your half-siblings.

Are you a family or not? What now?

I am happy for her, despite all the competition and envy in her family, she turned out really fine and thats something only few people can achieve. She went from being a victim to a victrix so step back and stop what you trying to do to her. Again, its not fair.

Maybe she turned out just fine, maybe not. I don't know.

1 Like

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 21, 2014
TribalEAST:
you made it a subject when you pulled it from her comment with its subtle nature and blew it beyond proportion.

Nothing was subtle about it.
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Nothing was subtle about it.
it was subtle cos it was just chipped into her comment and not the topic nor the main body, but you singled that little line out and sat on it like it's a new thread. Go back and check the amount of posts you've had over the issue.
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 21, 2014
TribalEAST:
it was subtle cos it was just chipped into her comment and not the topic nor the main body, but you singled that little line out and sat on it like it's a new thread. Go back and check the amount of posts you've had over the issue.

And your point is?

2 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Talon05: 1:40pm On Oct 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I don't consider her a victim because she was born into a polygamous home.
I have a problem with this mindset "My mother was better than the other wives."
Either you marry into a polygamous home and consider the other wives your family or you better stay out of it.
And as a child from a polygamous home, you better learn to show more respect to the mothers of your half-siblings.

Are you a family or not? What now?

Maybe she turned out just fine, maybe not. I don't know.
Am I a family?, really carefree?

What if, just what if her mother was indeed a better wife to her father?, oh please stop acting like you know her story. You know nothing about her and her family so you have no right to condemn or chastise her on whatever it is she say about her family. And yes publicly or publicly.

2 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Talon05: 1:43pm On Oct 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

And your point is?
Lay off her. Trying to ridicule her for some cheap browny point is very low of you. And to think you doing all that just cause she got a differing opinion to yours.

2 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 21, 2014
Talon05:

Am I a family?, really carefree?

I wasn't talking about you.

What if, just what if her mother was indeed a better wife to her father?, oh please stop acting like you know her story. You know nothing about her and her family so you have no right to condemn or chastise her on whatever it is she say about her family. And yes publicly or publicly.

I am not acting like I know her story, I am only referring to what she chose to share with us.
Is it a crime?

2 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Talon05: 1:47pm On Oct 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I wasn't talking about you.

I am not acting like I know her story, I am only referring to what she chose to share with us.
Is it a crime?
YES
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 21, 2014
Talon05:

Lay off her.

Or else? grin

Trying to ridicule her for some cheap browny point is very low of you. And to think you doing all that just cause she got a differing opinion to yours.

Yeah, I really think it is ridiculous from someone from a polygamous family to come online and to tell everyone, who cares, how her mother was so much better than the mothers of her other siblings.

My family is a unity, not a war zone so I find her message quite disturbing. undecided

1 Like

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 21, 2014
Talon05:

YES

Then call the police. wink
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Talon05: 1:51pm On Oct 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Or else? grin

Yeah, I really think it is ridiculous from someone from a polygamous family to come online and to tell everyone, who cares, how her mother was so much better than the mothers of her other siblings.

My family is a unity, not a war zone so I find her message quite disturbing. undecided
Then call a police.
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 21, 2014
Talon05:

Then call a police.

Why, is it a crime? grin
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Talon05: 1:53pm On Oct 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Why, is it a crime? grin
If her post is disturbing you in anyway then YES its a crime.
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 21, 2014
Talon05:

YES

Then call the police. cheesy
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Talon05: 1:56pm On Oct 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Then call the police. cheesy
I will if that will help you find peace.
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 21, 2014
Talon05:

I will if that will help you find peace.

I have a lot of peace.
My mama did not have to compete against other wives to get daddy's love. wink
Neither will I have to endure such stress.

3 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by UjSizzle(f): 2:03pm On Oct 21, 2014
Very entertaining section on a hot day grin

My only problem with this young girl is the level of her confusion. If you think men should help out in the home, then he should do so irrespective of his employment status. If you think he shouldn't, same goes. But to wake up one morning and decide he must help because now he's unemployed? undecided even though he's proven to be capable in keeping his own end of providing finances.

Anyway, I think men should help out when they can (and make out time even when they think they can't sef). It's hard juggling work and house chores and feels bad when the men are lounging around doing nothing.

Is this even a feminist thing? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Talon05: 2:08pm On Oct 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I have a lot of peace.
My mama did not have to compete against other wives to get daddy's love. wink
Neither will I have to endure such stress.

Oh miss carefree, miss-i-have-a-perfectlife-and-a-perfectfamily. Now, clap for yourself.

I'm sure many people on here dont think you have peace, now thats something to worry about.
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 21, 2014
Talon05:

Oh miss carefree, miss-i-have-a-perfectlife-and-a-perfectfamily. Now, clap for yourself.

I'm sure many people on here dont think you have peace, now thats something to worry about.

MOST PEOPLE HERE ARE RE*TARDS.
I am happy those re*tards think something is wrong with me and my life. It actually means that everything is ok. grin

4 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 21, 2014

6 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Talon05: 2:21pm On Oct 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

MOST PEOPLE HERE ARE RE*TARDS.
I am happy those re*tards think something is wrong with me and my life. It actually means that everything is ok. grin
It cant be luck all these "retards" think the same thing of you, maybe you should go sit somewhere quiet and do some re-evaluation about your life.

Think about it.

3 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 21, 2014
Talon05:

It cant be luck all these "retards" think the same thing of you, maybe you should go sit somewhere quiet and do some re-evaluation about your life.

Think about it.

It is not luck, it is collective backwardness. grin

4 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 21, 2014
Nonso23:

This is bullying.
She is being human not idealistic. It's only normal that she likes her mother better than the rest of the wives and I see nothing wrong in broadcasting it to the world - as long as it is not a crime and she's being true to herself.
The family grew up competing amongst themselves and turned out very okay. I believe you know that there is such a thing as healthy competition?
She said she had a beautiful childhood, great parents, siblings and half siblings, she said has a stable job and a loving family and above all she is happy. I believe that's all we need to conclude that she turned out just perfect.
There is no particular ideal socio-dynamic formula for every family. As long as they turn out to be responsible citizens their model is good too.

The topic is about house chores and husbands not envy in families. You are veering off a tangent.

Yeah yeah yeah, now you all defend her family because you like her opinion but when she insulted the family of the person she described, nobody mentioned anything. grin grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? / Would you leave your husband/wife to marry your long-lost first and true love? / He Is A Womaniser, Will He Make My Mother Happy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.