Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,031 members, 7,807,062 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children (15400 Views)

His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House / Why Do Some Parents Insult Their Children? / Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 25, 2014
Stillfire:
What kind of crass, backward thread is this? So you couldn't advise this girl without acting saintly? Some of you women are sick, more misogynistic than the misogynists. You now came on NL to congratulate yourself, so that razz people like yourself will give you a pat on the back. I should have stopped reading the crap when I saw the textspeak and the construction of the grammar [/b]which usually tells me the author's conversations would most likely revolve around the [b]level of dry, sappy, insipid and downright boring. You could have advised her without the unnecessary hyping of yourself and maligning other women. Rubbish.

I love this comment.

1 Like

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 25, 2014
donodion:

And it works in their situation as against contrary views. So?

God bless u sir. Don't mind other pple who talking out of point, as if they av a certain fixed way of how a polygamous family shud turn out 2 be. So tay, some certain unscrupulous pple here av turned my post into their own personal vendetta.

D problems they face @ home, they will come online 2 come and unleash their misguided venom grin unto innocent nlders , who has no clue of the problems they are facing @ home, Even though their family is Monogamous in nature.. Keep on deluding yurselves some certain women on nld that feel they know how I
N my family lived.. If yur family lineage is filled with sorrows n warfare, ko kan aye, mehn! cheesy pls don't imgine other polygamous homes are like dat..May God help us all cheesy

Derailers pls don't derail d thread. Am not d. Cause of your numerous problems in yur homes..Pls Let's stick to d topic and share yur views on it. Thanks smiley

5 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by donodion(m): 11:39am On Oct 25, 2014
carefreewannabe:

It obviously didn't work so well.

Not from where Im seeing it.Worked very well.

Enough to have her mom secured and established,single handedly have properties in her name,self sustaining investment and still profitable enough to raise a cultured lady such as Amelian.
What else could any career oriented woman ask for?

*Financial power-Her mom had it
*A man for herself as at when she needed-Her mom had it
*At least a child to grow old enough to be successful and worth reckoning with- her daughter is a testimony...

Undeniably it worked very well.

5 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by babygirlfl: 11:45am On Oct 25, 2014
Stillfire:
What kind of crass, backward thread is this? So you couldn't advise this girl without acting saintly? Some of you women are sick, more misogynistic than the misogynists. You now came on NL to congratulate yourself, so that razz people like yourself will give you a pat on the back. I should have stopped reading the crap when I saw the textspeak and the construction of the grammar which usually tells me the author's conversations would most likely revolve around the level of dry, sappy, insipid and downright boring. You could have advised her without the unnecessary hyping of yourself and maligning other women. Rubbish.

soulglo:

In her defense, I probably might have taken a similar tone in describing a woman like the OP. I generally find it hard to disguise my disgust at women like the OP. So I think we should ltry to look at it from what she knows. How she was nurtured. In my world, woman like her are seen as non achieving and mentally lazy but in her world women like me are not even women. There are men who are okay with that just like there are men who wouldn't bring that home to their family. I'm sure if you had a brother and he brought a woman home that sounds like this the family might be taken aback. Imagine that the OP had a son who brought home a woman who sounds like you. The OP will start running from church to church to pray the woman out of her sons life

You have both said it all.
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by donodion(m): 11:45am On Oct 25, 2014
Amelian:

God bless u sir. Don't mind other pple who talking out of point, as if they av a certain fixed way of how a polygamous family shud turn out 2 be. So tay, some certain unscrupulous pple here av turned my post into their own personal vendetta.

D problems they face @ home, they will come online 2 come and unleash their misguided venom grin unto innocent nlders , who has no clue of the problems they are facing @ home, Even though their family is Monogamous in nature.. Keep on deluding yurselves some certain women on nld that feel they know how I
N my family lived.. If yur family lineage is filled with sorrows n warfare, ko kan aye, mehn! cheesy pls don't imgine other polygamous homes are like dat..May God help us all cheesy

Derailers pls don't derail d thread. Am not d. Cause of your numerous problems in yur homes..Pls Let's stick to d topic and share yur views on it. Thanks smiley

Sweerie,dont worry...dont even let opinions get you worked up.So far your mom raised you successfuly and wherever she is,shes at peace cos you are no brush over.

Momma knew how to handle her man and got the best out of it.Tips many these 20-30 something young women would still come around to seek for.

With age and exposure comes experience.

Carry go Ada nma.Nothing do you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 25, 2014
donodion:

Enough to have her mom secured and established,single handedly have properties in her name,self sustaining investment and still profitable enough to raise a cultured lady such as Amelian.

*At least a child to grow old enough to be successful and worth reckoning with- her daughter is a testimony...

I have it all without having to compete against co-wives in a house full of envy and having to wait for my husband until it is my turn while he is bleeping other women officially.

As for the poster, it worked so well that she does not even know how to write properly.

2 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 25, 2014
So carefreewannabe, to type properly is yur New problem nw... Charcoal calling pot black, am I typing or writing? grin grin grin
Mehn! Your IQ amazes me @ times. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 25, 2014
Amelian:
So carefreewannabe, to type properly is yur New problem nw... Charcoal calling pot black, am I typing or writing? grin grin grin
Mehn! Your IQ amazes me @ times. cheesy

See logic grin

2 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 25, 2014
donodion:

U r so point !
If I start mentioning my assets n achievements, some peeps will nearly go crazy and wan swallow me up. But its well.. That's for another day on another topic.

GodBless!

1 Like

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 25, 2014
carefreewannabe:

See logic grin

My dear, come 2 momma cool
Lemme show u d ropes grin

1 Like

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 25, 2014

5 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 25, 2014
Nonso23:

You don't get it do you? Ignore them and feel good about yourself.
If they consider polygamy a terrible family setting and you were able to turn out this well then obviously you are a lot stronger and better than them.
Stop feeding the trolls.

IF ANYONE HAS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR FAMILY SETTING, THAT IS THEIR PROBLEM smiley NOT YOURS.
And by the way when people leave the content of a post to discuss the poster it's obvious what category to place them.
Great minds discuss ideas,
Average minds discuss events,
Small minds discuss people.
No carry NL matter for head o unless you and bend, bend neck go dey struggle. grin

And the poster did what in her initial post? grin

1 Like

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 25, 2014
@ nonso, u r right. But I nid 2 let d derailers club know, am not moi moi.. Theyv bn ranting till 5pages , haba! Ontop my matter o, no be topic again o.. They are wise, bah? Making mouth , as if they can control natural situations around one. The only thing anybody can control is Yourself. Anybody person, Zero.. Possibly for a short while but on d long run only Yourself u can control as a wife n mother .
Simple.

1 Like

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 25, 2014

3 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 25, 2014
Nonso23:

She discussed her opinion about the sense of entitlement and lack of respect displayed by a certain lady (as an instance not a central theme) in relation to the society as a whole. And not just that, she went further to buttress her points, reasons and recommendations.
VERY discuss-worthy IDEAS were contained in the O.p.
A Great mind.

So she didn't discuss people and events? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by babygirlfl: 12:31pm On Oct 25, 2014
Nonso23:

You don't get it do you? Ignore them and feel good about yourself.
If they consider polygamy a terrible family setting and you were able to turn out this well then obviously you are a lot stronger and better than them.
Stop feeding the trolls.

IF ANYONE HAS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR FAMILY SETTING, THAT IS THEIR PROBLEM smiley NOT YOURS.
And by the way when people leave the content of a post to discuss the poster it's obvious what category to place them.
Great minds discuss ideas,
Average minds discuss events,
Small minds discuss people.
No carry NL matter for head o unless you and bend, bend neck go dey struggle. grin

Do you not think that she is the one making herself to be discussed? She kept talking about herself, her mum, how she runs her home and her achievements. If you ask me, I honestly think she opened this thread to make herself look good (in the eyes of some people though). You are accusing carefreewannabe of basically what the poster did right from the very beginning of this thread. She even brought in the mother of the girl into the discussion.

2 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 25, 2014
babygirlfl:

Do you not think that she is the one making herself to be discussed. She kept talking about herself, her mum, how she runs her home and her achievements. If you ask me, I honestly think she opened this thread to make herself look good (in the eyes of some people though). You are accusing carefreewannabe of basically what the poster did right from the very beginning of this thread. She even brought in the mother of the girl into discussion.

The "great minds" on NL are objective. wink

3 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 25, 2014

1 Like

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 25, 2014
carefreewannabe:

And the poster did what in her initial post? grin

Ok lemme coach you. Pls sit down and listen attentively grin
What I mentioned in my initial post? Is not that I av a problem wit d girl I mentioned or wit d way she chose 2 live in her sister's house. I was amazed wit her defiant attitude, cos she was actually thrown back into d streets by her sister's husband n and she has no where 2 go. With dat reality on yur shoulders or on anybody, wud one still feel she's right? Cmon! Think!
U fucvkin av no where 2 stay, than 2 head back 2 d village. Hello? Are u understanding d scenario nw? Her bf cud NOt take her in, cos he has his own issues. So she's stuck! Wit no where 2 sleep. After advising her 2 go back and beg her husband sis, I got home still amazed @ wat happend 2 her and d foolish steps she took, by carrying her bags.. To where? My house?..

So u get my drift carefreewannabe.
That's d lesson for 2day. I honestly hope u understand orelse I give up on yur case.* rolls eyes*

1 Like

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by babygirlfl: 12:39pm On Oct 25, 2014
Amelian:
@ nonso, u r right. But I nid 2 let d derailers club know, am not moi moi.. Theyv bn ranting till 5pages , haba! Ontop my matter o, no be topic again o.. They are wise, bah? Making mouth , as if they can control natural situations around one. The only thing anybody can control is Yourself. Anybody person, Zero.. Possibly for a short while but on d long run only Yourself u can control as a wife n mother .
Mark my words, ladies.. Will help alot smileypeace.

Amelian dear, just as you have your mum as your role model, we have ours too. Some of us have parents who have been married for decades without your formular. If your posts in nairaland are true, I can comfortably tell you that I have been married longer than you and happily too. Please learn to respect other people views just as we respect yours. If your style works for you, fine but please stop telling people to mark your words.

1 Like

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 25, 2014
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by donodion(m): 12:41pm On Oct 25, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I have it all without having to compete against co-wives in a house full of envy and having to wait for my husband until it is my turn while he is bleeping other women officially.

As for the poster, it worked so well that she does not even know how to write properly.

Ha cfw,you like taunting eh.Were you a tomboy?grin

Ok o,you are from monogamous setup,good.We respect that. Shes equally from a successful polygamous background,extend same regard please.

Factor the obvious possibility while you "had it all " in your monogamous unit,theres at least an extended family member who equally "envies " your union.MIL,SIL,nephew,cousin (maternal/paternal).

What worked for her may not necessarily suit your stance in marriage and relating with in-laws,but today,someone looked up to her for counsel.
You cant give what you dont have.

Its weekend abeg.
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 25, 2014
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 25, 2014
Nonso23:

Not as a central theme. As instances. cheesy cheesy

It was not about any idea right from the beginning.
It was about how she is a great woman and how other parents fail to raise their daughters properly.

She made herself the centre of attention in the entire thread to get the pads on the back she so desperately needs.

Go and re-read her initial post.

2 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 25, 2014
Amelian:

Ok lemme coach you. Pls sit down and listen attentively grin
What I mentioned in my initial post? Is not that I av a problem wit d girl I mentioned or wit d way she chose 2 live in her sister's house. I was amazed wit her defiant attitude, cos she was actually thrown back into d streets by her sister's husband n and she has no where 2 go. With dat reality on yur shoulders or on anybody, wud one still feel she's right? Cmon! Think!
U fucvkin av no where 2 stay, than 2 head back 2 d village. Hello? Are u understanding d scenario nw? Her bf cud NOt take her in, cos he has his own issues. So she's stuck! Wit no where 2 sleep. After advising her 2 go back and beg her husband sis, I got home still amazed @ wat happend 2 her and d foolish steps she took, by carrying her bags.. To where? My house?..

So u get my drift carefreewannabe.
That's d lesson for 2day. I honestly hope u understand orelse I give up on yur case.* rolls eyes*

Someone who cannot write good English is not in the position to teach me.

3 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 25, 2014
donodion:

Ha cfw,you like taunting eh.Were you a tomboy?grin

Ok o,you are from monogamous setup,good.We respect that. Shes equally from a successful polygamous background,extend same regard please.

Factor the obvious possibility while you "had it all " in your monogamous unit,theres at least an extended family member who equally "envies " your union.MIL,SIL,nephew,cousin (maternal/paternal).

What worked for her may not necessarily suit your stance in marriage and relating with in-laws,but today,someone looked up to her for counsel.
You cant give what you dont have.

Its weekend abeg.

I have no problem with polygamy as long as people choose it for themselves so this is not even the point.

The OP came online to share a story of someone who asked for her advice and she insulted her parents. At the same time, she started to brag about her family and wasn't even smart enough to consider that envy between family members is nothing to be proud of.

1 Like

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 25, 2014
Nonso23:

Very good. Now at least you have an opinion that is not centred around the O.p's family setting.
She had to clear the air about assumptions the monogamy apologists made about her. Simply guarding her person.

Carefree on the other hand jumped instantly upon her family and is still undeterred pursuing the case as if people determine what family they are born into.
The o.p used the story as an instance to butress her point not to discuss the persons involved.

The tales about the jealous wives of her father were absolutely unnecessary.
She could have made her point EASILY without showing us that her family was not as perfect as she wants us to believe.

She was the one to FIRST remind everyone of the problems polygamous families suffer from, not me. wink

1 Like

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by ELLYsian: 12:53pm On Oct 25, 2014
Stillfire:
What kind of crass, backward thread is this? So you couldn't advise this girl without acting saintly? Some of you women are sick, more misogynistic than the misogynists. You now came on NL to congratulate yourself, so that razz people like yourself will give you a pat on the back. I should have stopped reading the crap when I saw the textspeak and the construction of the grammar which usually tells me the author's conversations would most likely revolve around the level of dry, sappy, insipid and downright boring. You could have advised her without the unnecessary hyping of yourself and maligning other women. Rubbish.
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 25, 2014

5 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 25, 2014
Nonso23:

I read the post again. I saw the conversation between her and the girl. If you read it like a prose then you definitely will miss her point.
She was talking to the girl for most part of it and her opinions were embellished in her replies. Pointing to herself as a role model in the o.p isn't directed at (us) the readers but at the girl requesting for her advice.
Her last sentence requested for our opinion as hers was already laid out. That is the purpose of this thread.
I think a mother with kids and a loving husband should have enough attention already.

You are twisting it as it suits you. Never mind. Have a nice weekend.
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 25, 2014

3 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by babygirlfl: 1:01pm On Oct 25, 2014
Nonso23:

Very good. Now at least you have an opinion that is not centred around the O.p's family setting.
She had to clear the air about assumptions the monogamy apologists made about her. Simply guarding her person.

Carefree on the other hand jumped instantly upon her family and is still undeterred pursuing the case as if people determine what family they are born into.
The o.p used the story as an instance to butress her point not to discuss the persons involved.

Honestly I totally understand what you are trying to say. However I do not agree. If you read her posts and replies with an open mind you will see what I am trying to say. Ok lets say she used the story as an instance, why bring the mum into the discussion? I think almost everybody agreed that what the wife's sister did was wrong as regards getting into her sisters business. However bringing the mother into it was a step too far. We all have mothers and would not like them to be disrespected.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE / Would you leave your husband/wife to marry your long-lost first and true love? / He Is A Womaniser, Will He Make My Mother Happy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.