Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,750 members, 7,806,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre (18711 Views)

Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts / Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever / Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by Nobody: 5:35am On Oct 21, 2014
I LOVE LYNPETRA
Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by englishmart(m): 5:35am On Oct 21, 2014
No problems. Provided it goes round

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by Chibokgame: 5:36am On Oct 21, 2014
Is it not coming too late ?
Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by Kingsimmer(m): 5:39am On Oct 21, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

It is posterity not prosperity,there is a significant difference. If you want to criticize the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,at least do it in correct,concise and clear English.
undecided
Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:46am On Oct 21, 2014
engineerd:

Obviously its a typo! One would think you would have an ounce of a brain to decipher that!!! But as usual Jonadunce supporters are just as clueless.

You made the mistake twice!! so please spare me the crap. I owe no allegiance to PDP nor any other political party for that matter.

PROSPERITY AND POSTERITY ? That was not a typographical error.

Possible typos could have been i. PODTERITY
ii. POTSERITY
iii. POSTERTY

4 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by ojsmscom(m): 5:53am On Oct 21, 2014
Ayekotoo:
As the World Health Organization, Monday,
declared Nigeria Ebola Virus Disease, EVD,-free
officially, after 42 days of two incubation periods
without any new confirmed cases of the deadly
virus, Lagos state government also, on Monday, disclosed various plans to nip in the bud any likelihood outbreak of EVD, saying the state is not out of the wood yet.
The state government also revealed plans to present N50 million to First Consultant Medical Centre, Obalende, where the Index case,Mr Patrick Sawyer died and undisclosed amount to other Ebola causalities and survivors in the state as business support gesture.

The state Commissioner for Health, Dr. Jide
Idris, disclosed this at a joint media conference
in Alausa, Ikeja, which had in attendance
Commissioner for Information and Strategy,
Aderemi Ibirogba, Commissioner for Special
Duties, Dr. Wale Ahmed and Special Adviser to
the Governor on Public Health, Dr. Yewande
Adeshina.
Idris who described the outbreak and the
eventual containment of the Ebola in the state
and the country as phenomenon, noted that
significantly, till date Nigeria has contributed
only 0,22 percent and 0.18 percent to global
burden of suspected, probable, confirmed cases
and deaths respectively.
He explained that 891 cumulative number of
contacts were recorded nationally, 365 in Lagos
and 526 in Rivers while contacts that completed
21 days follow-up nationally is 890, Lagos 365
and 525 in Rivers and a total of eight deaths
recorded in all.
Idris who enumerated various preventive
measures to be taken by the state government
subsequently, stressed that there was the need
to address the economic consequences under
following consideration; “Support to affected
persons including those alive and N50 million
lump sum as business support gesture to First
Consultant Medical Centre.
“This is with view to getting people, businesses
back on their feet and for businesses to re-
secure patronage of their customers.”
Idris emphasized that it was an attempt at
compensation but a gesture of goodwill on the
part of government.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/ebola-free-lagos-okays-n50m-grants-first-consultant-medical-centre-others/
okay
Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by timilehing(m): 5:55am On Oct 21, 2014
Keneking:
Excellent...

Sai APC
Sai Buhari
Sai Fashola

Jonathan must go next year ...
Can't we ve a fresh blood competing in stead on these old gluttons?? Careful what you wished for, they have nothing to offer Nigerians
Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by adwem2003(m): 5:57am On Oct 21, 2014
engineerd:

Obviously its a typo! One would think you would have an ounce of a brain to decipher that!!! But as usual Jonadunce supporters are just as clueless.

GBAM!!! See as he finish this guy. cry

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by fashrola(m): 6:05am On Oct 21, 2014
one Question...... Has the money been given?
Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by figment232(m): 6:13am On Oct 21, 2014
pendy79:
Thanks for the complement bro. Yeah we are taking back our country from the corrupt and inept PDP.
Is APC any better.? N1bn per 1km road

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by Kashif(m): 6:28am On Oct 21, 2014
pendy79:
When a government with human face runs a society, the people rejoices. First Consultant has been a shadow of itself since the Patrick Sawyer unfortunate incident. Loss of patronage will lead to loss of revenue which will lead to laying off of staff and workers by the hospital despite the huge role it played in stemming the spread of Ebola. God bless and rest the soul of Dr. Adadevoh for the supreme sacrifice she paid.

Now we have a clueless and irresponsible president who said since he approved 1.9billion Naira to fight Ebola then the glory of it's eradication should be addressed to him despite coming to Lagos for a stupid and illegal rally, he didn't deem it fit to visit this hospital to emphasize and sympathize with the owner and other survivor of the plague.

If 1.9billion was approved for the fight against Ebola and both Lagos and Rivers States acknowledged receiving 200million each. To what use was the balance of 1.5billion Naira put to, that the Minister of health could not assist this hospital out of the balance for its lost of patronage and business that a fashola has to deep into the limited state resources to come to the aid of the hospital.

Prosperity and history will never FORGET fashola and same prosperity and history will never forget a Jonathan that ruled this country in the most inept, daft and soulless manner.
How did we get to this point in our Nationhood? Obj I hope you will continue to seek forgiveness and the favour of God over the clueless and dunce you imposed on this Nation despite the huge array of good governors in 2007. Donald Duke was a shinning light yet you foist this corrupt rogue on this Nation.

Come 2015 we are taking our Nation back to the path of greatness and end the 15 years of the locust of the PDP

God Bless you Gov. Fashola, may history be fair on you.

You said it all.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by TRUEcitizen(m): 6:36am On Oct 21, 2014
hazyfm:
[size=28pt]wow! that's cool
WHAT OF THE LATE DOCTOR'S FAMILY[/size]?
Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by KLand(m): 6:37am On Oct 21, 2014
Welldone FASHOLA. Understandably though, you keep making news for the right reasons. Why can't APC see that you are a presidential material?
Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by Nobody: 6:40am On Oct 21, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

You made the mistake twice!! so please spare me the crap. I owe no allegiance to PDP nor any other political party for that matter.

ii. POTSERITY
iii. POSTERTY

Negro...I made the mistake? Biatch u better check who you are quoting again!!!!

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by jonuel1(m): 6:45am On Oct 21, 2014
This is one reason we the youth of this nation will always be taken for a ride. Many of us have difficulty comprehending simple statement. These are just plans and not actual release of the money and a lot of us have started spewing trash on GEJ. many of you here can't lead a small team but because data cost is now affordable or probably you received free data from your telecom service provider, instead of using it judiciously, you use it to spew trash online.

Get a life instead of spewing trash on GEJ

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by Neddyogu(m): 6:48am On Oct 21, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

It is posterity not prosperity,there is a significant difference. If you want to criticize the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,at least do so in correct,concise and clear English.

The government at any level does not owe First Consultants a dime, why?

1. It is a private hospital

2. The government nor its employers did not refer Sawyer to the hospital and hence should not bear any form of responsibility for the incidence.

3. First consultant should have been covered by insurance, but I will not be surprised if they do not have one.

LESSON: Insure your private properties,your life and your business.

A better use of this N50 million Naira and more money to be shared, is to strategically plan for the future. In as much as WHO has declared Nigeria Ebola free, we should all bear in mind that we are in close proximity geographically to epicenter of this ebola outbreak.

A better alternative to the use of the N50 million, should be

i. Investing in the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) towards ebola research.
ii. Developing a robust response plan not just for ebola, but for future disease outbreaks and possible biological weapons attack.
iii. Helping the families of victims that were killed by ebola

APC is just playing to the gallery. The political class in Nigeria ( PDP, APC et al ) are all selfish,unintelligent clueless group of people. Their only collective plan ( APC,PDP et al ) is to loot this country dry.

May God or whatever u believe in bless ur intelligent mind

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by Nobody: 7:01am On Oct 21, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

It is posterity not prosperity,there is a significant difference. If you want to criticize the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,at least do so in correct,concise and clear English.

2. The government nor its employers did not refer Sawyer to the hospital and hence should not bear any form of responsibility for the incidence.

3. First consultant should have been covered by insurance, but I will not be surprised if they do not have one.

A better use of this N50 million Naira and more money to be shared, is to strategically plan for the future. In as much as WHO has declared Nigeria Ebola free, we should all bear in mind that we are in close proximity geographically to epicenter of this ebola outbreak.

i. Investing in the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) towards ebola research.
ii. Developing a robust response plan not just for ebola, but for future disease outbreaks and possible biological weapons attack.

APC is just playing to the gallery. The political class in Nigeria ( PDP, APC et al ) are all selfish,unintelligent clueless group of people. Their only collective plan ( APC,PDP et al ) is to loot this country dry.

Why are you talking like this
IS IT NOT THIS PRIVATE hOSPITAL THAT SAVED THE LIVES OF NIGERIANS AND PREVENTED A MASSIVE OUTBREAK.
THE HOSPITAL WAS SHUT FOR MONTHS DUE TO THE EBOLA INCIDENT.
They lost 4 staffs and wotkers that were normally paid didnt earn anything that period.

It is a private business but we should show human compassion to our heroes cos thats what they are.
They deserve more money. And u need to apologise for that statement u made.

EVEN IF THEY HAD INSURANCE, THE INSURANCE WOULD NOT COVER THEM IN SITUATIONS LIKE THIS

7 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by pendy79: 7:01am On Oct 21, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

You made the mistake twice!! so please spare me the crap. I owe no allegiance to PDP nor any other political party for that matter.j

ii. POTSERITY
iii. POSTERTY

If you check the time I put up the post and the fact that all my post on this forum is done with a phone with a T9 feature you will have to pardon the error of auto-word choice my phone and I made.

Be that as it may, I can understand how painful and hard it is to be a jonathan supporter. And the level of mediocrity he represents.

It must really suck to be a jonaTAN and saTAN goon cos if the difference between posterity and prosperity is all you could harp on and take away from the long epistle of jonaTAN`s failure and his insensitivity to the plight of the hospital.
That I wrote then you need to check yourself so as not to be infected by the curse of the TANdroids who leaves the substance of an argument and resort to insults to cover their lack of quality defence.

You're so perfect in your submission that you refer to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital(LASUTH) as LUTH. This is not an english class anyway thank God you understood the message as I'm not in a debate of use of english with anyone.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by XKZ(m): 7:14am On Oct 21, 2014
The federal government can not and is not meant to do everything. There is a reason why there are multiple levels of government.

It is nice, though, that people are commending the state government where they have done well.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by temitemi1(m): 7:14am On Oct 21, 2014
Keneking:
Excellent...

Sai APC
Sai Buhari
Sai Fashola

Jonathan must go next year ...
if GEJ doesn't wat will happen Because GEJ will rule dis country till 2019 n pdp will till only God knows when, if u can't stand PDP govt I think u need to leave dis country then. Apc is no party but bunch of criminals n propagandists party!! God bless NIGERIA,God bless GEJ.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by OgaTheTop2: 7:16am On Oct 21, 2014
Keneking:
Excellent...

Sai APC
Sai Buhari
Sai Fashola

Jonathan must go 2019 ...

Fixed.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by ukandi1(m): 7:16am On Oct 21, 2014
sunnyshayne:
Where is our Federal Government?

Fashola is just a pure and perfect Presidential material!

How i wish my vote will count! embarassed
If fashola is d presidential candidate then ur vote counts but if he has to deputize for any ex general, then forget it dear..

My own #1 contribution
Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by donodion(m): 7:17am On Oct 21, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
One yeye bowler hat-wearing butter-faced, dry-smiling president will now come and say no govnr shld take credit..

In Lagos alone:

1. First Ebola-fighting hospital
2. Distribution of ebola preventive suits
3. Orientation for health workers
4. Improved salary to work overtime
5. Ebola quarantine centre

These happened between 2nd and 4th day of the first ebola case..

Well, like I said, even if they try to write off the history, some of us are there o!

butter face ke grin you mean blackface instead

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by Nobody: 7:17am On Oct 21, 2014
engineerd:

LMFAO...what can i say? Nairaland is full of uncouth ragamuffins with no home training.....Obviously you were born a bast3rd!!!

You must be talking about your mum here.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by Rexnegro(m): 7:17am On Oct 21, 2014
Wow what a good gesture and encouragement....nice baba FASHOLA I see u sir

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by OgaTheTop2: 7:19am On Oct 21, 2014
Keneking:
Excellent...

Sai PDP
Sai Jonathan
Sai Fashola

Jonathan must go 2039! ..

Fixed smiley
Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by ukandi1(m): 7:25am On Oct 21, 2014
temitemi1:
if GEJ doesn't wat will happen Because GEJ will rule dis country till 2019 n pdp will till only God knows when, if u can't stand PDP govt I think u need to leave dis country then. Apc is no party but bunch of criminals n propagandists party!! God bless NIGERIA,God bless GEJ.

supported.
APC are a bunch of disgruntled fellows who lost political relevance in other parties and have come together to console themselves, romance their pot-bellies filled with personal and religious vendetta.
I dont like PDP govt but with d game d APC have played so far, then GEJ till infinity
Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by Omimah: 7:28am On Oct 21, 2014
When a leader acts, you see it without necessarily being told.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by burberry89(m): 7:31am On Oct 21, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

Instead of you calling APC and PDP unintelligent and clueless group of pple......why don't u and ur family n frnds who have clues on how to run the country form a political party I think nigerians will vote for u.....MUMU......u go sit down for one corner dey criticizes politician and yet politics u no gree join na aw u wan change nigeria.......clueless man
Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by pendy79: 7:36am On Oct 21, 2014
figment232:
Is APC any better.? N1bn per 1km road

Even if the road was done for N5bn/km, at least the road was done. Can you tell us what was done with the balance of N1.5bn released by the FG to the health minister?

This post is limited to the Ebola scourge and the response/sensitivity of the tier of government we have.
Please let's stick to the topic if you have issue with the amount spent on road construction, you can create a thread for it.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by DTaj: 7:38am On Oct 21, 2014
jaymichael:
GOD bless you Mr Raji Fashola. just thinking that by this time next year, you will no longer be my Governor is already giving me misty eyes. However history remembers you, I know it will judge you favorably. Thank you for being an inspiration sir. Thank you for giving us not just a city we are all proud of, but also excellent leadership and exemplary stewardship worthy of emulation. Most importantly, thank you for giving us and making us believe in #the spirit of Lagos. I Will take it with me wherever I go. From Ajegunle to Argentina. from Festac to France. From Liverpool Apapa to Liverpool Enland. From Surulere to Switzerland. From Oregun to Oregon. From Alaba to Alabama.

Thanks, Jay. The 'misty eyes' part is so apt. Without a shred of doubt, Fashola is easily Nigeria's best State Governor!

Anyone (I mean any objective person not tainted with hatred, ethnic bigotry, and political affiliations) who lived in Lagos between 1980 and now would have seen a remarkable difference when you have an intellectual, methodical, brilliant, and purposeful person as Governor!

The other day, his official car waited in traffic in Yaba like any other Lagosian, no harrasment of other road users, no siren, no noise, no fuss. And guess what? The entire back seat of his car was filled with books! To the brim! A mind that reads would always be nourished. No wonder, most times I've seen him deliver speeches in public (at least about 22 times since 2007), more than half of his speeches are always done extempore with figures, facts, and illustrations (without looking at any paper or written text). He has an idea about almost everything- health, politics, law (his forte), sociology, religion, classics, languages, psychology, administration, human rights, physical planning, building, infrastructure, oil and gas. Name it!

While most other Governors are busy commissioning boreholes and other token projects that a local government councilor could comfortably execute, Governors like Fashola, Akpabio, Kwankwanso, Amosun, are launching landmark projects that will impact their people and positively outlive them!

In a sane country, where primordial sentiments are not deeply rooted, a FASHOLA/AKPABIO Presidential ticket in 2015 would have been so ideal!

God bless Nigeria and Nigerians!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obi, Maduka, Other Anambra PDP Stakeholders Donate 125m For Post Lockdown Interv / When Was The Last Time You Changed Your Toothbrush / Oyo Discharges One Coronavirus Patient, Transfers Another To Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.