Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

I Need Help To Build My Self-Esteem - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Help To Build My Self-Esteem (2920 Views)

Ten Steps To Better Self-esteem / Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge / Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Help To Build My Self-Esteem by Nobody: 1:51am On Oct 22, 2014
Few words for u hun..
You need to learn how to select your thoughts,just d same way u select your clothes everyday.this is a power u CAN cultivate,if u want to control things in your life,work on ur mind.
Thats,d only thing u should be trying to control..cheerz!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Help To Build My Self-Esteem by Nobody: 1:55am On Oct 22, 2014
[quote
author=AgapeCharis post=27323079]u really need to change ur thinking
U shouldn't hate ursef for any reason. Even if he thinks u'r nt
pretty enough, don't allow dt gt into ur head. There are a million
persons who thinks the current miss world isn't pretty at all. Some
people will never see d beauty in u. It doesn't mean u'r ugly or
unattractive.... It just means dey were neva meant to b n ur path. Learn
to love you. If you don't love you, how do u expect someone else to
love you?? See d good and d beauty in u and thank God for them everyday
in ur prayers... If u do dt,,before long it'll sink into ur inner man dt
"mehn! Am so damn pretty!" Wear a smile! Be free! U are beautiful

Annypie.....ur comments[/quote]done hun..her story made mi sober*it activated my tear gland*nt lyk i cried tho
the story was so emotive..
Re: I Need Help To Build My Self-Esteem by Nobody: 2:44am On Oct 22, 2014
Annypie:
done hun..her story made mi sober*it activated my tear gland*nt lyk i cried tho
the story was so emotive..
nw ur comment is making me wna cry embarassed embarassed
Re: I Need Help To Build My Self-Esteem by Nobody: 2:47am On Oct 22, 2014
Annypie:
Few words for u hun..
You need to learn how to select your thoughts,just d same way u select your clothes everyday.this is a power u CAN cultivate,if u want to control things in your life,work on ur mind.
Thats,d only thing u should be trying to control..cheerz!
This makes lotta sense
Re: I Need Help To Build My Self-Esteem by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 22, 2014
AgapeCharis:
nw ur comment is making me wna cry embarassed embarassed
lool...see ur puppy face sha oo

big baby!
Re: I Need Help To Build My Self-Esteem by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 22, 2014
AgapeCharis:
This makes lotta sense
thanks...goodmorning.wuldnt ask hw ur nyt was
cause,am so certain u didnt sleep..nightcrawler lyk u
Re: I Need Help To Build My Self-Esteem by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 22, 2014
1.) accept the way you are and the things you cant change.

2.) pamper yourself every once in a while

3.) learn to embrace your flaws

4.) regular exercise is a good way of relieving stress.
Re: I Need Help To Build My Self-Esteem by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 22, 2014
Annypie:
thanks...goodmorning.wuldnt ask hw ur nyt was
cause,am so certain u didnt sleep..nightcrawler lyk u
Lol
Mrni swit..u can't b so certain na..slept v early n woke up early.. Dtx it
So ow waz ya 9t
Re: I Need Help To Build My Self-Esteem by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 22, 2014
Annypie:
lool...see ur puppy face sha oo

big baby!
see ur puppy smile sha...very wide
smiley
Re: I Need Help To Build My Self-Esteem by austine4real(m): 11:26am On Oct 22, 2014
This Op is depressed...u nid 2 4get hw u look& stat mingle wt ppl
Re: I Need Help To Build My Self-Esteem by Richy4(m): 12:47pm On Oct 22, 2014
I do not know what l'm going to say that will make you feel good but I will be blunt.

I feel like I should see you and empty a bucket of cold water on you for feeling bad over someone that doesn't deserve you.

You even have the guts to write that you wish you were prettier. Trying to make your creator look stupid.

Compare yourself with one of the ex president of Nigeria.... Yes you know whom I'm talking about.
Who is like him when it comes to looks? But he was number one in the country, he married beautiful wives.

your write up shows that you have not dated much therefore you haven't swallowed the bitter pills that comes with relationships.

so get up from yourself pity and take a shower, put on your best dress and look at yourself in the mirror.
if you like what you see. Ask Nairalanders for forgiveness that you know not what you are saying....

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help To Build My Self-Esteem by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 22, 2014
OP, sometimes man's rejection is God's way of protecting you. Perhaps he simply wasn't the right man for you, was going to cause you some unforeseen pain the future, was only meant to be in your life for a certain amount of time and his time was up, etc. Sometimes people come into our lives just to teach us some distinct lessons and not because they're meant to stay. If a man chooses not to be in your life, you should be thanking your lucky stars, thinking, "Pheeew! I dodged a bullet" and you should walk with your head up high because the Universe has worked in your favour; for your good. Do not waste your energy over someone who doesn't deserve it, who was most likely not even yours to begin with but you were only obsessed with the idea of him.

When you find the right person, you will know. Before you can do that, you need to love and develop a r/ship with yourself. When you find the right person, he would certainly not make you feel like you aren't good enough. Your worth should be independent of anyone or any material thing in this world. It is three years later, it's time to let go of the hurt. I'm sorry you still feel sad. One thing you must know is that him leaving had absolutely nothing to do with you, but everything to do with him.

How do you dress? How do you wear your hair? Do you exercise?

Do things to make you feel good.
Redefine your worth.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Help To Build My Self-Esteem by kandiikane(m): 3:18pm On Oct 23, 2014
EmptinexTune:
i av done dis and many odas.

Doctor??..are u suggesting dat i consult a shrink

Yes, you may be suffering for BDD.
Re: I Need Help To Build My Self-Esteem by EmptinexTune(m): 4:05pm On Oct 23, 2014
kandiikane:

Yes, you may be suffering for BDD.
wats BDD
Re: I Need Help To Build My Self-Esteem by kandiikane(m): 6:12pm On Oct 23, 2014
EmptinexTune:
wats BDD

Body dysmorphic disorder. This is an actual problem, basically seeing what's not there or seeing something for what it isn't.
Are you male or female? It's a very horrible illness that can stop you from doing everyday things that has to do with the public. I don't know whether the disorder is known in your country but you should try seeing a professional because it only gets worse.
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/body-dysmorphia/Pages/Introduction.aspx

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top Five(5) Female Names That I Like / Help Me... / Marriage Should Be Eradicated?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.