Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,487 members, 7,801,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years (54910 Views)

Pastor Abuses, Impregnates And Abandons Woman Seeking Spiritual Help / Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife / Man Returns To Children He Abandoned For Eight Years (With Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Jinyjagz(m): 9:27am On Oct 21, 2014
adeoladrg:
Smh for you people oo!

He dropped them in school where he knew they'll get at least some care. Do you know what it means to be jobless in this country? And more as I presume, uneducated? If you do then you'd know better than saying trash because you have little bandwidth to express yourself on NL front page. The shoes of the father and the children are very sad shoes to be in, but calling the man wicked is to be HYPOCRITICAL!

meaning u will do d same tin if ua in his shoe? seriously ua crazy !! I mean dey Ar better options Dan abandoning d kids 4 gud 8years

7 Likes

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Tunagee(m): 9:31am On Oct 21, 2014
Edusouls:
Fool shut up ur smelling mouth, how old re you? U have not had life experiences, am sure u re still eating ur parents free food and housing, when u start to carter for ur self first, then u can talk, what about their mother that abandoned his own kids that she carried 9 months and dissapeared? U re here blaming their father that even made a move and saved their lives, if u re not up to certain age of reason u should not come here and talk senselessly..

You are mad! bastard. Irresponsible person

9 Likes

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Edusouls(m): 9:31am On Oct 21, 2014
Noo their mama na the devil, their papa at least try and put the kids where people will be on them, where there mama dey..
lebesgue:
It takes a lot to make me emotional, but this hit me in the depth of my hearts. Chei, those parents are wicked.

4 Likes

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Abbey2sam(m): 9:35am On Oct 21, 2014
adeoladrg:
Smh for you people oo!

He dropped them in school where he knew they'll get at least some care. Do you know what it means to be jobless in this country? And more as I presume, uneducated? If you do then you'd know better than saying trash because you have little bandwidth to express yourself on NL front page. The shoes of the father and the children are very sad shoes to be in, but calling the man wicked is to be HYPOCRITICAL!

exactly my thought when I finished reading the story....
at least he drop abandoned them where they will be well taking care of

1 Like

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 21, 2014
priscaoge:

Lol cheesy cheesy The man head don full i swear cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy But @ least he will beg someone to take care of them? It's better than abandoning them!

naso e dey start na - from forgetting to abandonment.
It's not like he would remember o, it's the school secretary that would even call him - then he would say 'Oh, you people closed today, I'm sorry I forgot, I'm not even in town...let me speak to my children'
...haahahaa

2 Likes

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 21, 2014
That man is a sick man. Some people will jst give birth to kids just to make them suffer, when people are looking up to God for their own children. If the children now grow up and become something useful in life, d wretched father will now come bak begging for forgiveness. Bastard! There's no excuse for abandoning a child, money was sent to the man to pay for the kids fees yet he dint show up but rather he absconded with the money, that's the height of irresponsibility.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Edusouls(m): 9:38am On Oct 21, 2014
What else should the man do, as their useless mother have abandoned them and the man have no job, he should keep them with him to suffer nahh? He did the right thing my brother, God will never be angry with this man,but will never be happy with their irresponsible and heartless mother, where is she?
Jinyjagz:

meaning u will do d same tin if ua in his shoe? seriously ua crazy !! I mean dey Ar better options Dan abandoning d kids 4 gud 8years

1 Like

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Ilovenigeria(f): 9:38am On Oct 21, 2014
priscaoge:

Did u read the part that says some money was given to him from abroad for the upkeep of those Kids? Maybe u didn't! Abandoning those innocent kids in school for 8 whole years is WICKEDNESS! Those kids were little when their Mum abandoned them,trying to recover from that and their Dad did same! My dear the emotional torture is too much Please!
How can they send money to an irresponsible man. The first money was paid directly to school.i think something is fishy here or that they didn't send any money at all. I see no reason to also abadon my brother's children for eight good years. Okay, what if the man was dead?
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Misogynist2014(m): 9:38am On Oct 21, 2014
LilNetty:
Three children abandoned in a boarding school in Abule-Iroko in the Ado-Odo Ota Local Government Area of Ogun State are longing to meet their parents who have abandoned them for eight years.
WhenPUNCH Metrovisited Solid Model College, the children recounted their ordeal, noting that the absence of their parents was affecting their studies.
Seun Adepegba, 14,Seyi, 10 and Titilola, 13, had been severed from parental love and care since infanthood. After waiting for eight years, they seemed to have relinquished all hopes of reuniting with their parents.
It was learnt that their tale of sorrow began in 2007 when their father, Mr Segun Adepegba, who had been separated from their mother, enrolled them in the boarding school because he could not afford to take care of them.
According to the proprietor of the school, Mr Samuel Ayegbusi, Adepegba came to enroll them in his school on September 24, 2007 with a promise to always check on them.
He said, “Mr. Adepegba told me his wife had just left him and that he could not afford to take care of them, being a jobless man. The children were very little. Seyi was two, while Titilola was five.
“Mr Adepegba had pleaded with me to accept them in the boarding school. Mr Adepegba’s sister promised to bear the cost of their upkeep. They paid an initial N150, 000 for the three children for the first term.”
But according to the proprietor, Adepegba never kept his promise. He said after the first term, the school expected him to come and take his children home for holiday but he never showed up until four years later. He said the school had expended over N7m on the upkeep of the children since 2007.
The proprietor said efforts to reach the parents’ families had proved abortive, adding that calls to Adepegba’s phones were not always answered.
He said, “Whenever we called him and he realised who was talking on the phone, he would switch off his phones and for the next two weeks, the numbers would not be available. When the school contacted their father’s sisters, we were told that they had travelled out of the country.
“When we called one of them, we were told that they had sent money to Mr Adepegba to defray the children’s school fees and upkeep. But Mr. Adepegba has never come here to make any payment since the initial deposit he made in 2007.”
According to the proprietor, taking care of the children had further become cumbersome for him as one of them, Titilayo, had started misbehaving. He recounted how Titilayo ran away from the hostel twice without informing the school authority on the excuse that she was going to look for her father.
Ever since she was found, the proprietor said the school had had to keep her in a room, under tight surveillance, because she had vowed to run away to find her father.
He said, “The school is not even bothered by the cost of their upkeep. But anytime the school closed for holiday and parents come around to take their children home, Titilayo would fall into a sober mood and twice, she had run away from the hostel without informing anyone. It was a resident who stopped her and brought her back to the school.
Some of the teachers, who spoke withPUNCH Metroduring the visit, said the absence of the children’s parents was seriously affecting their studies. They said the appearance of their parents would boost their academic performance.
While recounting their days with their father, the children said he celebrated birthdays with them. They said they had never met their mother.
Titilayo said, “We do not know who our mother is. We grew up in Yaba, Lagos and all we remember is that there was a woman that washed our clothes and took care of us until we came here. We knew she was not our mother.”
Seyi, the youngest of the trio, however, was an exception as she kept a cheerful look during the visit. Seyi, who told our correspondent her dream was to become a medical doctor said, “Although I have a faint memory of my father, I will like to see him. If he comes today, I will ask him why he left us for so long.”
Seun added, “I don’t care how long he has left us. I just want to see him. I really need to see him.” WhenPUNCH Metrocalled Adepegba on Thursday, his phones were switched off.
Source: www.punchng.com/news/man-abandons-children-in-boarding-school-for-eight-years/
What a useless and worthless mother. undecided
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by egopersonified(f): 9:38am On Oct 21, 2014
maybe the man don die and the woman get memory loss.

1 Like

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by priscaoge(f): 9:40am On Oct 21, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

It's not like he would remember o, it's the school secretary that would even call him - then he would say 'Oh, you people closed today, I'm sorry I forgot, I'm not even in town...let me speak to my children'
...haahahaa

Hhahahahahahaahahahhahaaha Chei he's case is different biko cheesy cheesy cheesy. Wetin the man de think cheesy cheesy cheesy. Naso d thing de start no be say u talk am abeg cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Ilovenigeria(f): 9:41am On Oct 21, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

...haahahaa
What abt their mother?
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by janvier27(m): 9:42am On Oct 21, 2014
I guess there's more to this story, probably another side. But nothing explains or justifies the parents' selfishness, cruelty and irresponsibility.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by LaRoyalHighness(f): 9:43am On Oct 21, 2014
My heart bleeds.. cry
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Edusouls(m): 9:47am On Oct 21, 2014
Shut up ur dirty mouth, u re still a kid, do u know what the man has gone through in the hands of their heartless mother, what do u have to say about their heartless mother that abandoned his kids and dissapeared? Is it only the man that born and train kids? So why blaming the one that even tried to enroll his kids in a school, now they re educated and still get care.. Why re people so stupid, u re the very sick one, and not man, he is very clever and at least has some degree of human conscience more that the irresponsible wife..
prettyboi1989:
That man is a sick man. Some people will jst give birth to kids just to make them suffer, when people are looking up to God for their own children. If the children now grow up and become something useful in life, d wretched father will now come bak begging for forgiveness. Bastard!

1 Like

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by priscaoge(f): 9:48am On Oct 21, 2014
Ilovenigeria:

How can they send money to an irresponsible man. The first money was paid directly to school.i think something is fishy here or that they didn't send any money at all. I see no reason to also abadon my brother's children for eight good years. Okay, what if the man was dead?

Lol, Yes that's the question! Maybe he is dead Or something. Like I said earlier, I blame their Mum more. Tell me her reason for abandoning her kids for So long. Let's say d man is dead,what about their mother? Is She that heartless? Why do we have The Child Activists and Welfare? If the man couldn't grant her possession of those kids,She should have fought for it Or even try to visit and see them. Much dear this matter tire me. 8yearsis damn ten much!

2 Likes

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Keenysbojan(m): 9:50am On Oct 21, 2014
[quote author=skyeboy98 post=27319786][/quote] you are foolish,you are so stupid,you are
a calamity to naireland..how could you use that your sticky hand to type dis rubbish.. naireland self na wa oo,I dnt knw why dey allow a fool lyk u to hav an acct here,your kind are nt in existence anymore who are u still waiting for? you need to watch 'THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS,BY WILL SMITH..

back to Op... this is the kind of topic I lov to see on FrontPage..no be dis yeye thread wey dey talk abt weedzkid and odas.. mitshew.

now the thread: How I wish I could adopt these kids..mehn mr Adepegba na second in command to devil ooo,I am very sure say devil self go dey fear him... For God sake how could he made up his for eight good years,to abandon those beautiful kids... I can't believe this is happening in Nigeria..

gosh...there is cry in my heart...
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 21, 2014
Edusouls:
Shut up ur dirty mouth, u re still a kid, do u know what the man has gone through in the hands of their heartless mother, what do u have to say about their heartless mother that abandoned his kids and dissapeared? Is it only the man that born and train kids? So why blaming the one that even tried to enroll his kids in a school, now they re educated and still get care.. Why re people so stupid, u re the very sick one, and not man, he is very clever and at least has some degree of human conscience more that the irresponsible wife..
Lol seems u are the man's relative, u had better don't give urself heart burn over another person's problem. Its u dats a kid an a very sick one if u don't knw ow 2 talk 2 people jst because u wana get ur weak point across. Dude a man is responsible for his actions, meaning he must be accountable for everything he does if u don't knw dat u had better know. He is responsible for sending them to that school and must be accountable when called upon for their well-being. If u don't know all these then m sure u still a teenager whuz still yet 2 learn the ropes concerning responsibility. If ur father abandoned u in a school without u setting ur eyes on him for 8 years u wunt be spewing jargons jst cos u wana talk. Before u talk empathise. I doubt if u knw dat cos from d way u talk I cud tell ur reasoning is way too low.

6 Likes

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Originalsly: 9:56am On Oct 21, 2014
Hmmm.....2 year old in boarding school?
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Keenysbojan(m): 9:59am On Oct 21, 2014
Edusouls:
Shut up all you, u think life is easy, do you know the hell the man is going through where ever he is now, do you think he is happy with what is happening, do u know what hell he had gone through in the hands of her vry baad wife, he even saved the childrens life by not abandoning them on to their fate, he at least made a very good move to put them in a school where he knows people will be on them, where is their irresponsible and vry heartless woman that abandoned both father and children and dissapeared for good, see some women re doom when they enter ur life you regret been even born into this life, she will unleash hell to everything close to you, and you re just few years aways from early grave. May God help that man, i know he loves his children but has nothing to care for the kids, but he made a very clever move, now he has saved this kids from long torment of life they would have gone through if he had abandoned them just like her doom wife, and God will also bless the school for their devoution and patience for 8years, it is not easy, most schools wont tolerate that..and finaly i pray that their father is still well and alive, after regaining his stand he should come and reunite with his kids.
hmmm I don't jez know what to say to you..but lemme say dis,you are a calamity to your family,community,local government,your state and to Nigeria... foolish human being

4 Likes

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by jeje123(m): 10:01am On Oct 21, 2014
01karma:
He must be a yuroba man!! Hmm
u must be a disgrace to entire human race! Must u comment?

1 Like

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Ijaya123: 10:01am On Oct 21, 2014
smithsydny:
Some men are nt worthy to be calld fathers.
What do you say of their mother?
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by JEITO: 10:02am On Oct 21, 2014
This is pathetic! Some parents have been crying and having sleepless nights for 6months over their children, while others abandoned theirs for 8years.

I can't blame the daughter who tries to escape. If you know how boarding students long for holidays and re-uniting with their parent; while you knowing yours is not coming for you anytime soon. Just saddening embarassed

I'll advise they forget about about their parent because a man that hasn't bothered about you for 8years, obviously doesnt care if you exist and re-uniting with him will only worsen things for the kids.

But the school should have cried out earlier than this na. We for search everywhere for the man and force am to take care of his responsibility even if means him going to look for his wife and forcing her back home afterall na them 2 join birth the kids.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:03am On Oct 21, 2014
adeoladrg:
Smh for you people oo!

Mr excuse giver, he has no exxuse ooooo. U arent reasonable @ all

3 Likes

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Ijaya123: 10:03am On Oct 21, 2014
onyichick:
wow,very irresponsible man not worthy to be called a father.I feel for these kids,wat will then happen wen they r thru with sec sch.the sch shld trace the man's village so d elders can summon him.
And what do you call their mother?
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Keenysbojan(m): 10:04am On Oct 21, 2014
[quote author=skyeboy98 post=27319786][/quote]
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 21, 2014
Edusouls:
Shuut up 4bobo, how old re you, u have not had life experience, u think life is easy, and u come here speaking english, brother life dosent end in speaking english, when u undastand that this life you live in is no man's place, unpredictable, cruel, tough, tormenting, unfair..and you re blaming the man that even made the move of at least keeping them where people will be with them, what do you have to say about their vry heartless and irresponsible mother that abandoned her family to their fate and dissapeared for good? You people should have the sense of justice..

Kids everywhere, if you have family problem or your father abandoned you for no reason and you have financial problem, i will pay part of your school fee for you to get proper education about being a responsible man. Just send me your account number and your school I.D to authenticate it because i can see your frustration. I have done it in the past and i can do it for you. U hear?

2 Likes

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by 01karma(m): 10:10am On Oct 21, 2014
jeje123:
u must be a disgrace to entire human race! Must u comment?
Only a foolish yuroba person would refuse to condamn evil deed.. We must admit to the fact that all yuroba men behave like him.
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Franchise21(m): 10:14am On Oct 21, 2014
Wch secondary schl lasts for 8years?

1 Like

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:14am On Oct 21, 2014
Too bad n wicked of him. Peraventure those kids make it in life now, the foolish parents wud want 2 associate wt them then. what a wicked world we live in! They have no excuse @ all. its a pity Nigeria has no enforceable law on abandonment like d western world.

1 Like

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:16am On Oct 21, 2014
01karma:
Only a foolish yuroba person would refuse to condamn evil deed.. We must admit to the fact that all yuroba men behave like him.
Brainless comment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Your Husband Is Crazy About His Mistress And Is Not Ready To Let Her Go... / Man Lies On A Gutter For His Pregnant Wife To Pass (Photos) / Snake Catchers Battle With Huge Python Found In Australian Family Laundry Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.