Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,009 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Ibori Endorses Sen Ifeanyi Okowa For Delta Gorvernor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibori Endorses Sen Ifeanyi Okowa For Delta Gorvernor (1768 Views)

Ifeanyi Okowa Wins Delta Guber, Labour 2nd, APC 3rd / Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH / Sen Ifeanyi Okowa To Be First Delta Igbo(anioma) Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibori Endorses Sen Ifeanyi Okowa For Delta Gorvernor by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 21, 2014
A major political statement was made on Monday in Asaba, the Delta State capital, when notable politicians, most of them coming from the political dynasty of the former governor, James Ibori, threw their weights behind Senator Ifeanyi Okowa, who declared to contest the governorship primary of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Among them were the elder brother of former governor, Chief Williams Ibori; former Minister of Information and Culture, Prof. Sam Oyovbaire; a former PDP Women Leader, Chief Mary Iyasere; former PDP Chairman, Mr. Pius Esenebe, Mr. Eddy Ugboma, Mr. Michael Diden, Commissioner for Commerce and Industry, Mr. Kingsley Emu, former Commissioner for Finance, Mr. George Orodo, Hon. Kingsley Akporia, Emma Ogidi, Hon. Okocha Theodore, Dr. Felicia Nweze and former Attorney -General and Commissioner for Justice in the defunct Bendel State.

Speaking at the event which was held at the Oshimili Arcade, Okowa expressed confidence that Uduaghan would hand over to him on May 29, 2015, when the governor’s tenure would expire.

“He will hand over to me because he is my friend, my mentor, my oga and he knows that I’m the best for Delta State.

“On that day (May 29, 2015), the evening shall be for praise. We shall depart from the usual dinner event and do a praise and thanksgiving ceremony, because this is a project that is divine and of God. Oil of anointing is on my head and no one can stop God,” he assured his crowd of supporters at the event.

The governorship hopeful, declared that his preoccupation as governor of the state is to take Delta State to the status of the pacesetter in the Nigerian federation by building an enduring legacy of wealth.

He also hinted that his administration will be operating the acronym SMART, which translates as: “Strategic wealth creation, meaningful peace building platform, agricultural reforms, relevant health and education policies and transformed environment through urban renewal.”

He also vowed to consolidate and advance the peace, progress and posterity of the state.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ibori-s-political-family-endorses-okowa/191822/
Re: Ibori Endorses Sen Ifeanyi Okowa For Delta Gorvernor by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 21, 2014
intriguing, since gov uduaghan has endorsed tony obuh, this pits uduaghan against his godfather ibori
Re: Ibori Endorses Sen Ifeanyi Okowa For Delta Gorvernor by YungwizzzyChina: 9:46am On Oct 21, 2014
Time for anioma people to take over from those scumbags!!!
Re: Ibori Endorses Sen Ifeanyi Okowa For Delta Gorvernor by backtosender: 9:49am On Oct 21, 2014
ibori is not a good market
Re: Ibori Endorses Sen Ifeanyi Okowa For Delta Gorvernor by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 21, 2014
Naija!

People get level sha...

Even in Jail he is still dictating his directives via his kinsmen...

It will be fair, in my opinion, that a contestant of Anioma descent be enthroned this time in respect to fair play.
Re: Ibori Endorses Sen Ifeanyi Okowa For Delta Gorvernor by google1(m): 10:41am On Oct 21, 2014
What? o_o James Ibori of all people, na wa oo

(1) (Reply)

Permanent Voters Card (PVC) Collection...my Bitter Experience Yesterday. / Scene At Okoko. / LOOMING DANGER; Can I Be Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.