Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,861 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:03 AM

BUHARI A BLACK & WHITE Television - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BUHARI A BLACK & WHITE Television (5982 Views)

Stella Oduah Debunks Reports Of Supreme Court Sacking - Channels Television / Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala / Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

BUHARI A BLACK & WHITE Television by mekaboy(m): 12:20pm On Oct 21, 2014
When i hear youths of today calling on a man who is up to 70 years to come and lead them, i wonder what type of thinking faculty the youths in Nigeria today possess. Calling on a man with yesteryear's mentality to come and drive a nation in the current changing and dynamic world. This is like calling on a keke napep driver to fly a plane, of-course we all know what will happen to the passengers.

Some heard stories that buhari was disciplinarian, people where flogged for urinating and dropping trash on the road, strict never engaged in any corrupt practices. This same man according to publications , said that Nigerians most corrupt president was a "saint". There is an old saying "SHOW ME UR FRIENDS AND I WILL TELL WHO U ARE", if buhari says abacha was a saint, then it means he saw nothing wrong with abacha's corrupt practices. Some might say that was the military days, he was afraid of his life. But i know people who have died for their nation because they stood for the truth. Even LATE FELLA ANIKOLAKPO KUTI, WAS more of an upright man than he was judging from his praises of abacha. I do not want to go into other allegations against him. IF you want to know more, refer to someones thread on nairaland https://www.nairaland.com/1958010/22-reasons-why-buhari-never#27299105.

Now buhari has a force mentality, a obey the last order mentality, a take it or leave it mentality. That is a military mentality, a one way method of thinking. That is like a BLACK AND WHITE TELEVISION .Its either black or white, we all enjoyed black and white televisions in the past, we assumed that everything in the world was either white or black. At that point the black and white television was the best thing that could happen to any family. But today we have seen that there are other beautiful colors and views to life. We enjoy the 3D High definition colors on tv, phones, computer screens etc. We now know better, that there are tints and shades of black and white.

WHY WILL SOMEONE REQUEST FOR A BLACK AND WHITE TELEVISION TODAY?

I hope the youths of Nigerian can see the picture now, i hope u understand that flogging people on the road for urinating and dropping trash is not what Nigeria needs today. We have gone way beyond that, our problems are far greater than what we can solve with "KOBOKO" . We cant have steady power supply, railways,good roads, great economy and employment with koboko.

We need people who are strategic and dynamic in their thinking and actions. People who understand that there are not only 2 colours in the world.

Alot of people will say once buhari enters the govt, corruption will end. Are you kidding me? Did Buhari ever criticize abacha while he was looting Nigeria? What will happen to all the corrupt politicians who have joined APC? What will happen to all the corrupt politicians who are funding his political campign ? Will he turn around and put them all in jail or appoint them into his cabinet? Will he reward them with contracts and appoint those they recommends as ministers? Has he asked all those funding his campaign where they got money from ?

I am not saying GEJ is the man for the job, but i am saying i have not seen a better alternative in buhari. I am saying i do not want to watch a black and white television in this 21st century.

IF YOU WANT TO WATCH BLACK AND WHITE TV IN THIS 21ST CENTURY, THEN VOTE BUHARI.

I REST MY CASE.

16 Likes

Re: BUHARI A BLACK & WHITE Television by naijarates(m): 12:21pm On Oct 21, 2014
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooow, real food for thoughttttt shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: BUHARI A BLACK & WHITE Television by quinnboy: 12:32pm On Oct 21, 2014
I no go mind Oº°ºooOº°ºoo if the black and white TV gives me clear view and sound.

7 Likes

Re: BUHARI A BLACK & WHITE Television by Omimah: 12:41pm On Oct 21, 2014
Youthful exuberance! I prefer an old man with integrity to a young man without vision. Ki l'omode mo ju ko ma yi tyre?

9 Likes

Re: BUHARI A BLACK & WHITE Television by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 21, 2014
This kind of TV U mean? grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: BUHARI A BLACK & WHITE Television by egift(m): 12:52pm On Oct 21, 2014
OP do you know that man's greatest invention was the Screw Driver?

Jonathan will be voted out for drowning Nigeria in Corruption.

8 Likes

Re: BUHARI A BLACK & WHITE Television by gebest: 1:05pm On Oct 21, 2014
My friend what u ar talkin about is yester years, besides this is democracy, dont u kn d word CIVILIZATION.
Re: BUHARI A BLACK & WHITE Television by mekaboy(m): 1:11pm On Oct 21, 2014
quinnboy:
I no go mind Oº°ºooOº°ºoo if the black and white TV gives me clear view and sound.
So be it for u then.

1 Like

Re: BUHARI A BLACK & WHITE Television by mekaboy(m): 1:13pm On Oct 21, 2014
Omimah:
Youthful exuberance! I prefer an old man with integrity to a young man without vision. Ki l'omode mo ju ko ma yi tyre?
An old man under the most corrupt Nigerian president, and called him a SAINT. So much for integrity. An old man whose political campaign is funded by corrupt politicians? So much for integrity. An old man who publicly declare he wont contest for presidency again in 2011 ? So much for integrity.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: BUHARI A BLACK & WHITE Television by mekaboy(m): 1:14pm On Oct 21, 2014
egift:
OP do you know that man's greatest invention was the Screw Driver?

Jonathan will be voted out for drowning Nigeria in Corruption.
I dont have a problem with voting GEJ out like i stated earlier, but buhari is not a better option.
Re: BUHARI A BLACK & WHITE Television by mekaboy(m): 1:15pm On Oct 21, 2014
gebest:
My friend what u ar talkin about is yester years, besides this is democracy, dont u kn d word CIVILIZATION.
Good, Has buhari been trained under civil rule? How many political appointments has he taken up under civil rule? U think you can switch from a soldier's mentality to a civilian in a split second?

1 Like

Re: BUHARI A BLACK & WHITE Television by mekaboy(m): 1:16pm On Oct 21, 2014
himkers:
This kind of TV U mean? grin
No this type

8 Likes

Re: BUHARI A BLACK & WHITE Television by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 21, 2014
mekaboy:
No this type

Na lie! This ur own resemble kwankwaso grin grin

1 Like

Re: BUHARI A BLACK & WHITE Television by femicyrus(m): 1:36pm On Oct 21, 2014
When you have a functional black and white tv at home and a LED tv with burnt fuse when Nigeria need a goal against brazil(I mean corruption) will you keep quiet Chai, chai there is God o

2 Likes

Re: BUHARI A BLACK & WHITE Television by Omimah: 1:48pm On Oct 21, 2014
mekaboy:
An old man whose political campaign is funded by corrupt politicians.

Could you tell us who the politician is that campaigns before the time stipulated by the Electoral Act?

1 Like

Re: BUHARI A BLACK & WHITE Television by Omimah: 1:56pm On Oct 21, 2014
mekaboy:
Good, Has buhari been trained under civil rule? How many political appointments has he taken up under civil rule? U think you can switch from a soldier's mentality to a civilian in a split second?
Do you know that almost all presidents of of the US have military backgrounds?
Re: BUHARI A BLACK & WHITE Television by egift(m): 1:57pm On Oct 21, 2014
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1522933_jonathan-campaign-cartoon_jpeg36acd7e3f8d3e2a8203f629f7d473e6f[/img]

mekaboy:
I dont have a problem with voting GEJ out like i stated earlier, but buhari is not a better option.

If it boils down to two of them, Buhari is better than Jonathan.

"No matter how long you queue behind a broken vehicle, you can not move forward" - EGIFT

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BUHARI A BLACK & WHITE Television by mirakecrea8(m): 1:58pm On Oct 21, 2014
egift:
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1522933_jonathan-campaign-cartoon_jpeg36acd7e3f8d3e2a8203f629f7d473e6f[/img]

"No matter how long you queue behind a broken vehicle, you can not move forward" - EGIFT
hahahaaha

2 Likes

Re: BUHARI A BLACK & WHITE Television by slinkky(m): 2:12pm On Oct 21, 2014
OP who dropped corruption charges against Mohammed Abacha, in order to pave way for him to contest for Kano guber election.

3 Likes

Re: BUHARI A BLACK & WHITE Television by mekaboy(m): 4:12pm On Oct 21, 2014
femicyrus:
When you have a functional black and white tv at home and a LED tv with burnt fuse when Nigeria need a goal against brazil(I mean corruption) will you keep quiet Chai, chai there is God o
You have not answered the question about the corrupt politicians in top positions in buharis party. What will be their reward?
Re: BUHARI A BLACK & WHITE Television by mekaboy(m): 4:12pm On Oct 21, 2014
egift:

On what grounds?
Re: BUHARI A BLACK & WHITE Television by mekaboy(m): 4:14pm On Oct 21, 2014
slinkky:
OP who dropped corruption charges against Mohammed Abacha, in order to pave way for him to contest for Kano guber election.
Who praised abacha while he was looting Nigeria? Will there be any mohammed abacha if sani abacha his father who lotted Nigeria while buhari praised him?

What we call corruption today is the fruits of the tree planted during the military rule, which buhari was part of.
Re: BUHARI A BLACK & WHITE Television by LFJ: 4:37pm On Oct 21, 2014
mekaboy:

So ogogoro man is the best option if Buhari is not the option.
Re: BUHARI A BLACK & WHITE Television by 9jii(m): 5:00pm On Oct 21, 2014
mekaboy:
When i hear youths of today calling on a man who is up to 70 years to come and lead them, i wonder what type of thinking faculty the youths in Nigeria today possess. Calling on a man with yesteryear's mentality to come and drive a nation in the current changing and dynamic world. This is like calling on a keke napep driver to fly a plane, of-course we all know what will happen to the passengers.

Some heard stories that buhari was disciplinarian, people where flogged for urinating and dropping trash on the road, strict never engaged in any corrupt practices. This same man according to publications , said that Nigerians most corrupt president was a "saint". There is an old saying "SHOW ME UR FRIENDS AND I WILL TELL WHO U ARE", if buhari says abacha was a saint, then it means he saw nothing wrong with abacha's corrupt practices. Some might say that was the military days, he was afraid of his life. But i know people who have died for their nation because they stood for the truth. Even LATE FELLA ANIKOLAKPO KUTI, WAS more of an upright man than he was judging from his praises of abacha. I do not want to go into other allegations against him. IF you want to know more, refer to someones thread on nairaland https://www.nairaland.com/1958010/22-reasons-why-buhari-never#27299105.

Now buhari has a force mentality, a obey the last order mentality, a take it or leave it mentality. That is a military mentality, a one way method of thinking. That is like a BLACK AND WHITE TELEVISION .Its either black or white, we all enjoyed black and white televisions in the past, we assumed that everything in the world was either white or black. At that point the black and white television was the best thing that could happen to any family. But today we have seen that there are other beautiful colors and views to life. We enjoy the 3D High definition colors on tv, phones, computer screens etc. We now know better, that there are tints and shades of black and white.

WHY WILL SOMEONE REQUEST FOR A BLACK AND WHITE TELEVISION TODAY?

I hope the youths of Nigerian can see the picture now, i hope u understand that flogging people on the road for urinating and dropping trash is not what Nigeria needs today. We have gone way beyond that, our problems are far greater than what we can solve with "KOBOKO" . We cant have steady power supply, railways,good roads, great economy and employment with koboko.

We need people who are strategic and dynamic in their thinking and actions. People who understand that there are not only 2 colours in the world.

Alot of people will say once buhari enters the govt, corruption will end. Are you kidding me? Did Buhari ever criticize abacha while he was looting Nigeria? What will happen to all the corrupt politicians who have joined APC? What will happen to all the corrupt politicians who are funding his political campign ? Will he turn around and put them all in jail or appoint them into his cabinet? Will he reward them with contracts and appoint those they recommends as ministers? Has he asked all those funding his campaign where they got money from ?

I am not saying GEJ is the man for the job, but i am saying i have not seen a better alternative in buhari. I am saying i do not want to watch a black and white television in this 21st century.

IF YOU WANT TO WATCH BLACK AND WHITE TV IN THIS 21ST CENTURY, THEN VOTE BUHARI.

I REST MY CASE.

THE FEAR OF ANTI CORRUPTION IS THE BEGINNING OF WRITING RUBBISH

3 Likes

Re: BUHARI A BLACK & WHITE Television by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 21, 2014
oboy that black and white tv better pass stolen 100" HD 3D led if you know what i mean grin

2 Likes

Re: BUHARI A BLACK & WHITE Television by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 21, 2014
A 200yr old man with intergrity is better than a clueless jonaaaaah
A working black&white TV is better than a chinese HD non functioning Tv
Re: BUHARI A BLACK & WHITE Television by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 21, 2014
A 200yr old man with intergrity is better than a clueless jonaaaaah
A working black&white TV is better than a chinese HD non functioning Tv.

3 Likes

Re: BUHARI A BLACK & WHITE Television by slinkky(m): 6:33pm On Oct 21, 2014
mekaboy:
Who praised abacha while he was looting Nigeria? Will there be any mohammed abacha if sani abacha his father who lotted Nigeria while buhari praised him?

What we call corruption today is the fruits of the tree planted during the military rule, which buhari was part of.
But President Jonathan doesn't agree that there's corruption in Nigeria, he said its common cases of stealing that Nigerian call corruption.
To go back to the point you made in your original post,being old does not automatically make one a bad or potentially a bad president. Ronald Regan who is today regarded as one of USA greatest Presidents in modern era, was seventy years old when he was first elected and reelected in with landslide victory at seventyfour.

2 Likes

Re: BUHARI A BLACK & WHITE Television by mekaboy(m): 7:29pm On Oct 21, 2014
We are talking about an Ex Nigerian soldier. Nigerian soldiers of those days are not like those in America that study courses in other areas of Life. Now buhari is over 70 and last time he served was under Military rule. He has not been tested in any civilian post. Has buhari taken up any responsibility to serve Nigeria under civilian rule? That shows pride, he feels he is above any political appointment and must be president.

Since he left office as a military man, why hasn't he worked with civilian govt? Has he been tested as a civilian? If he loves Nigeria so much why hasn't he gone for senate or minister or ambassador ? Must he be president? We cant risk put an old soldier who has not been tested with any civilian appointment in 70 years to rule Nigeria.

If he truly loved Nigeria,he should have started from governor of a state,minister,senator,ambassador etc. Why must he be a president again? Trust me, he wants to be president because his fellow military men have tested civilian presidency, and he wants to test his. IT not like he has anything to offer Nigeria, its all about his personal and selfish interest. He fills he must be a civilian president before he dies as his mates in the army.

You cannot sit at home after being a military president and wait for Nigerians in this dynamic and global world to make u a civilian president. Serve and a civilian and let us see ur capability before we intrust leadership of the nation to u. We as a nation cant risk that now.

If not for his personal and desperate ambition, why will he want to contest again after he publicly said he wont contest again? Its because of personal interest.Even went as far as claiming he took a loan to purchase the ticket. This shows that buhari is not a man of his words.

LIKE I SAID EARLIER, THIS IS NOT ABOUT GEJ. BUHARI IS NOT A BETTER ALTERNATIVE. We can do better as Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: BUHARI A BLACK & WHITE Television by slinkky(m): 8:41pm On Oct 21, 2014
mekaboy:
We are talking about an Ex Nigerian soldier. Nigerian soldiers of those days are not like those in America that study courses in other areas of Life. Now buhari is over 70 and last time he served was under Military rule. He has not been tested in any civilian post. Has buhari taken up any responsibility to serve Nigeria under civilian rule? That shows pride, he feels he is above any political appointment and must be president.

Since he left office as a military man, why hasn't he worked with civilian govt? Has he been tested as a civilian? If he loves Nigeria so much why hasn't he gone for senate or minister or ambassador ? Must he be president? We cant risk put an old soldier who has not been tested with any civilian appointment in 70 years to rule Nigeria.

If he truly loved Nigeria,he should have started from governor of a state,minister,senator,ambassador etc. Why must he be a president again? Trust me, he wants to be president because his fellow military men have tested civilian presidency, and he wants to test his. IT not like he has anything to offer Nigeria, its all about his personal and selfish interest. He fills he must be a civilian president before he dies as his mates in the army.

You cannot sit at home after being a military president and wait for Nigerians in this dynamic and global world to make u a civilian president. Serve and a civilian and let us see ur capability before we intrust leadership of the nation to u. We as a nation cant risk that now.

If not for his personal and desperate ambition, why will he want to contest again after he publicly said he wont contest again? Its because of personal interest.Even went as far as claiming he took a loan to purchase the ticket. This shows that buhari is not a man of his words.

LIKE I SAID EARLIER, THIS IS NOT ABOUT GEJ. BUHARI IS NOT A BETTER ALTERNATIVE. We can do better as Nigerians.

Well for me as a young Nigerian who come off age and begin to know his left from right in terms of politics and became eligible to vote in 2003 under the administration of OBJ, am feed up with PDP and its bad governance. All i need is a change, and after an objective analysis of the performance of the present administration, i have come to the conclusion that under the present circumstances Buhari is a better alternative to GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: BUHARI A BLACK & WHITE Television by LFJ: 8:45pm On Oct 21, 2014
mekaboy:

You have your one vote, use it any how u want it. You have options between Fulani man and ogogora man. The choice is yours, you don't need to tell us all the stories in the world just because u prefer ogogoro man to Fulani.
Re: BUHARI A BLACK & WHITE Television by tollu: 8:57pm On Oct 21, 2014
I don't know why we keep going on and on about this issue. As things stand, it is GEJ vs Buhari.
Please deal with it and let's move on.
We all know what should and shouldn't be but hey...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Orji Kalu's Son Develops World's Money Spilling Game, Hits 10M Downloads In Days / Olawepo Hashim Explains How To Solve Nigeria's Education Problem / Sun Governor Of The Year 2018 Award: Gov. Ugwuanyi Receives Notification Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.