Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,136 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

My Girlfriend saga(when I was jobless) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend saga(when I was jobless) (1255 Views)

Ladies, What Is Your Take On Jobless Guys Who Chase You? / How I Pranked A Girl That Wanted To Chop My Money - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian / She Came With 3 Friends To Meet Me At The Eatery - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend saga(when I was jobless) by uchdollar111: 1:15pm On Oct 21, 2014
Ok, I'm Uche I hail from Abia State. I've been in a relationship with this pretty girl since January I just graduated from the Uni waiting for my NYSC and currently, I don't have a paid job and can't cope with all that, and she knows that, but she keeps on telling me to buckle up,buy her things, make-up, phone etc. show her care, take her out, unless I'll loose her
She tells me that a guy should buy things for his girlfriend and that women love surprises. I've been thinking what I'm not doing right. I call her at least 3 times a week and send her texts regularly. On her part, I can't even remember the last time she called me now when I confronted her about it, she told that it's her habit that she does'nt call, that it is the men in her life that does the calling, I still love this girl, now I'm thinking what should I do?
Re: My Girlfriend saga(when I was jobless) by uchdollar111: 1:17pm On Oct 21, 2014
She also graduated from d Unit this year
Re: My Girlfriend saga(when I was jobless) by ammyluv2002(f): 1:28pm On Oct 21, 2014
chancing in progress..........some rich dude wan chance you grin
Re: My Girlfriend saga(when I was jobless) by uchdollar111: 1:30pm On Oct 21, 2014
So wetin I suppose do? All my life I've been dreaming of having a girlfriend who will be an asset to me, to help me grow into the man I want to become and not a liability.
Re: My Girlfriend saga(when I was jobless) by boxer022(m): 1:51pm On Oct 21, 2014
uchdollar111:
Ok, I'm Uche I hail from Abia State. I've been in a relationship with this pretty girl since January I just graduated from the Uni waiting for my NYSC and currently, I don't have a paid job and can't cope with all that, and she knows that, but she keeps on telling me to buckle up,buy her things, make-up, phone etc. show her care, take her out, unless I'll loose her
She tells me that a guy should buy things for his girlfriend and that women love surprises. I've been thinking what I'm not doing right. I call her at least 3 times a week and send her texts regularly. On her part, I can't even remember the last time she called me now when I confronted her about it, she told that it's her habit that she does'nt call, that it is the men in her life that does the calling, I still love this girl, now I'm thinking what should I do?
Uche my brother I feel your pain. Your girlfriend is the material type of girl, who expect her boyfriend to do everything for her. The fact that she told you that it is your duty as her guy to buy her things knowing your present predicament shows that she might be planning of moving out of the relationship because to her you cannot take care of her. I am sure either her friends that are dating rich guys who bought them things may be advicing her to forget about you or another guy is sweet talking her into dating him. I know you really love this girl and all thing been equal you will like to take your relationship to the next level. I believe what you can do is either get a job so as to be able to take care of her or let her go and face your life alone till you find the right person. Your girlfriend is not in that relationship for love but rather for lust and things she can get from it.
Re: My Girlfriend saga(when I was jobless) by uchdollar111: 1:58pm On Oct 21, 2014
boxer022:

Uche my brother I feel your pain. Your girlfriend is the material type of girl, who expect her boyfriend to do everything for her. The fact that she told you that it is your duty as her guy to buy her things knowing your present predicament shows that she might be planning of moving out of the relationship because to her you cannot take care of her. I am sure either her friends that are dating rich guys who bought them things may be advicing her to forget about you or another guy is sweet talking her into dating him. I know you really love this girl and all thing been equal you will like to take your relationship to the next level. I believe what you can do is either get a job so as to be able to take care of her or let her go and face your life alone till you find the right person. Your girlfriend is not in that relationship for love but rather for lust and things she can get from it.
Thanks bro, but I'm not a person who will get a job just to take care of a girl, I'm not a maga bro, I use my head.
Re: My Girlfriend saga(when I was jobless) by boxer022(m): 6:51pm On Oct 21, 2014
uchdollar111:

Thanks bro, but I'm not a person who will get a job just to take care of a girl, I'm not a maga bro, I use my head.
Good to know that. You are now left with the second option.
Re: My Girlfriend saga(when I was jobless) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 21, 2014
uchdollar111:

Signs to look out for in an unhealthy relationship:

- One person tries to change the other.

- One person makes most or all of the decisions.

- One or both people drop friends and interests outside of the relationship.

- One or both people yell, threaten, hit, or throw things during arguments.

- One person makes fun of the other’s opinions or interests.

- One person keeps track of the other all the time by calling, texting, or checking in with
friends.

- One person contributes resources and efforts just to keep the other person committed in the relationship.

- There are more bad times than good.

Now, you have to check for yourself and take the right decision.

Naija love doctor
Re: My Girlfriend saga(when I was jobless) by adepiero: 9:57pm On Oct 21, 2014
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. your girl is a gold digger #NoOffense

She loves material possession and not the bearer. if you give her a penny then you have successfully opened a no refund savings account. even your #19800 no go reach you to spend.

The truth is that you don't love her, you are just weakened by emotion. Guy look ahead, NYSC is waiting for you! many fishes abound

Good luck
Re: My Girlfriend saga(when I was jobless) by uchdollar111: 10:20pm On Oct 21, 2014
adepiero:
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. your girl is a gold digger #NoOffense

She loves material possession and not the bearer. if you give her a penny then you have successfully opened a no refund savings account. even your #19800 no go reach you to spend.

The truth is that you don't love her, you are just weakened by emotion. Guy look ahead, NYSC is waiting for you! many fishes abound

Good luck
Bro I reason that way some times, I feel like it is emotions playing tricks on me. Today has been one of my worse days in a long time, at this point, I feel like telling her to go and find those her rich dudes who will buy her the whole world and leave little me alone to arrange my life for the brighter future.
Re: My Girlfriend saga(when I was jobless) by BluePearls(m): 10:21pm On Oct 21, 2014
uchdollar111:

Do the needful grin grin
Re: My Girlfriend saga(when I was jobless) by ogunvic41(m): 10:26pm On Oct 21, 2014
ammyluv2002:
chancing in progress..........some rich dude wan chance you grin
grin grin grin
Re: My Girlfriend saga(when I was jobless) by Emmysteve(m): 10:40pm On Oct 21, 2014
The girl is not a right one for you. Na so my own run leave me o. She dey task me to buy her phone, shoe etc but i no gree no be say i no get the money. Just free the girl. These are the types of girls that can drain a guy to finish
Re: My Girlfriend saga(when I was jobless) by adepiero: 3:57am On Oct 22, 2014
uchdollar111:

Bro I reason that way some times, I feel like it is emotions playing tricks on me. Today has been one of my worse days in a long time, at this point, I feel like telling her to go and find those her rich dudes who will buy her the whole world and leave little me alone to arrange my life for the brighter future.
If you reason that way, its better you start acting it too! don't breakup with her, just let the relationship die by avoiding communications. e go pain her die angry
Re: My Girlfriend saga(when I was jobless) by starlingbawa(m): 6:09am On Oct 22, 2014
There's that distinct possibility she's already cheating on you hence the numerous demands!
Re: My Girlfriend saga(when I was jobless) by samtol4(m): 6:21am On Oct 22, 2014
uchdollar111:
.Mr uche your galfriend is a gold digger pls forget her and pursue success .90percent of women in Nigeria are liability only few are ASSET..You are in a relationship and a gal never call or text you?damn it u are claiming to be in love? Bros run for your life she even has the gut to tell you "u will loose me if you don't buy things for me" most gals believe a relationship is avenue to collect free gifts and money while most guys believe relationship is avenue to have free sex !until this erroneous mentality is changed nothing good comes out of relationship and that is the major reason for failed marriages!
Re: My Girlfriend saga(when I was jobless) by NeduLuiZ(m): 6:25am On Oct 22, 2014
so calling is not her habit ... Yet she wants care and attention . My humble dump that girl and build your life
Re: My Girlfriend saga(when I was jobless) by llouis: 10:10am On Oct 22, 2014
Guy,
First of all if you don't have something doing that's earning your money you don't have any business dating a woman. A man must provide for his woman, and for that, he needs to have something he is doing, a work, vocation, something that is bringing in money! Women will lose respect for a man that is not working, so don't expect respect from any woman whilst you are jobless and broke.

Secondly, a woman that threatens to leave you if you can't deliver, please LET HER GO!!!
Never beg a woman to stay with you, never beg a woman to believe in you, and never bend to a woman because she threatens to leave.
You are the man, you are in control. Do things only because they are right and mature, never bend to a woman. If you can't take my word for it go ask Abraham what Sarah did to him after he bent to her ideas.

Thirdly, there are 5 love languages - Quality Time, Words of Appreciation, Deeds of Service, Touch (body contact) and Gifts. Maybe her love languages that ring her bell are buying her gifts and deeds of service (waiting on her and doing things for her), if this be the case she will never notice your texts and calls since your words of appreciation (a body language) isn't hers.

Never assume you know a woman's body language, else you can send her hundreds of love text messages and she won't even appreciate or value one of them. Strive to know what she loves out of the 5 i have listed and give it to her.

Lastly, from the story you painted this lady does not love you and believe in you. Guy women are very perceptive; a woman can sense a man going places and a lot of them are ready to stick to that man even though presently he has little. My advice is to let her go and build yourself and work hard, in time women will be throwing themselves at your feet.

When I was serving the lady in my life then broke up with me with the reason that if she married me she will struggle and suffer for the rest of her life and she didn't want that (I was earning 2k per month then and it all went into transport to and from work). She ended up going back to her previous boyfriend because the dude had a car and rented a flat. It took years for me to get myself emotionally but I did. 7 years later she calls me almost everyday telling me how she is unable to eat since morning and I should send her money to feed herself.

Guy, get a job, take care of her, and if she doesn't change her attitude despite your challenges and wants to leave, then let her go.
The beautiful thing about people who break up relationships is they always look over their shoulders thinking about what could have happened if they stayed and how it might have been. My bet is if she leaves you and you blow eventually she will be coming round for you to notice her.

It's then your own shakara go start!!!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend saga(when I was jobless) by uchdollar111: 11:21am On Oct 22, 2014
you guys are wonderful, God bless all of you. I'm planning to meet her on sunday and talk things over with her, I want to let her know how I feel, and if she don't appreciate the little things I do for her, then let the relationship be history, I'll keep you guys posted
Re: My Girlfriend saga(when I was jobless) by uchdollar111: 5:34pm On Oct 27, 2014
I've reconciled with my baby and I'm loving her like never before!

(1) (Reply)

10things Guy Do After Breakup With Their Gf / Do You Approve This? (pic) / Big Dilemma! Made A Mistake, How Do I Run Away?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.