Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

Set-up Of Charity Section - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Set-up Of Charity Section (5660 Views)

Today Is International Women's Day 2016: What Is It And Why Was It Set Up? / She Did Not Plan To Die (TRIBUTE To My Beloved Grandma Mrs Charity Nnoli ) / A Nairalander Referred Abroad For Treatment Needs Contact Info Of Charity Orgs. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by EfemenaXY: 3:12pm On Oct 24, 2014
Seun:
This is about helping people in the best way, while minimizing risks. It's not about TeHN or no TeHN. It's about people we want to help.

Seun, I live outside Nigeria.

We've got a solid welfare system in place. Free education in place for all. Basic amenities taken for granted as our birth right. Free soup kitchens for the poor, needy, and homeless during the cold winter months.

What if I want to go back to my roots and help fellow Nigerians in desperate need? To give someone a shot at making something of themselves? I have done this in the past but was only able to do this via nairaland.

Do have a rethink Seun...

4 Likes

Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Seun(m): 3:22pm On Oct 24, 2014
EfemenaXY:
Seun, I live outside Nigeria.
We've got a solid welfare system in place. Free education in place for all. Basic amenities taken for granted as our birth right. Free soup kitchens for the poor, needy, and homeless during the cold winter months.
What if I want to go back to my roots and help fellow Nigerians in desperate need? To give someone a shot at making something of themselves? I have done this in the past but was only able to do this via nairaland.
Do have a rethink Seun...
Thanks for your perspective. It's very valuable and whatever we decide will be designed to accommodate people based abroad.
Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Lilimax(f): 3:31pm On Oct 24, 2014
Seun:
There is no shortage of people who need financial help. You can find them in every house, on every street, in every town, state and country. Instead of pooling resources together to help random people who just happen to catch our attention, why can't we just help those around us?

For the poor shall never cease out of the land: therefore I command thee, saying, Thou shalt open thine hand
wide unto thy brother, to thy poor, and to thy needy, in thy land says the Scripture Deuteronomy 15:11 smiley
Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Seun(m): 3:40pm On Oct 24, 2014
Lilimax:
in thy land says the Scripture Deuteronomy 15:11 smiley
In thine land - thine street, thine village, thine place of work - not thine Internet!!

11 Likes

Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by r231(m): 3:50pm On Oct 24, 2014
Seun:
In thine land - thine street, thine village, thine place of work - not thine Internet!!

I'll post updates as soon as I can.

I take it this guy pleading for help is in my village.....https://www.nairaland.com/1963635/need

1 Like

Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by KingTom(m): 3:50pm On Oct 24, 2014
Seun:

I'll post updates as soon as I can.
I would love to hear the full story sir if you don't mind.
Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Olaone1: 4:06pm On Oct 24, 2014
Seun:
You could go to any school and ask them if there are any good students there who are owing school fees and then go ahead and pay the fees. There are schools in your area, wherever you live. There are old people on your street selling one thing or the other. Problems everywhere.
hmmmm
Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Caracta(f): 4:06pm On Oct 24, 2014
I strongly support this idea.

People sell cars and even dupe buyers, yet they still pay for ads with no issue. Tribalists and Religious warriors including Trolls still have a free day. A Charity Section can be embraced and managed.

6 Likes

Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Olaone1: 4:07pm On Oct 24, 2014
Seun:
Why not just help those around us who are elderly people and then post pictures about it online? I'm humbly proposing what looks like a less risky mode of operation. I feel that we can reorganize things a little bit before we start using our Forum's name to take cash from people.
hmmm
Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Seun(m): 4:46pm On Oct 24, 2014
I've cleaned up the thread so we can continue the OP's discussion which is about creating a Charity section. I hope people will stick to this.
Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by KingTom(m): 4:48pm On Oct 24, 2014
Seun:
I've cleaned up the thread so we can continue the OP's discussion which is about creating a Charity section. I hope people will stick to this.
Sir please clarify us on what is going on
Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Seun(m): 4:51pm On Oct 24, 2014
KingTom:

Sir please clarify us on what is going on
Try reading the first post.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? / I Will Cheat On My Wife From This Week-help Needed!! / Help: My Boyfriend's Mother Extorts Money From Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.