Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

What Do You Do When Your Friend Confesses He Has Feelings For You - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Do You Do When Your Friend Confesses He Has Feelings For You (13600 Views)

How Can We Overcome Feelings Of Rejection? / Is Nigerian Police Your Friend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Do When Your Friend Confesses He Has Feelings For You by Choco(f): 3:22pm On Aug 03, 2006
What response do you give a "very good" friend of yours who confesses he has strong feelings for you but you think you guys dating is almost not possible and you don't want to loose your friendship?

Pls guys let me know what you think

Choco smiley

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Friend Confesses He Has Feelings For You by janetgurl: 3:28pm On Aug 03, 2006
well if i dont really want the realtionship to work i will tell him/her the fact
but if i wanted him be4 and he ask me now out i will agree
sure we were friends but we have feelings for each other
well if u dont want it to work just tell him/her
that it's not possible let u guys friendship just still like that,like the way it was
Re: What Do You Do When Your Friend Confesses He Has Feelings For You by kiki(f): 3:33pm On Aug 03, 2006
hun just tell him dat u know he really loves u and all dat but yall datin is gon jeopardize yall friendship cos if d relationship thing doesn't worj out d way yall think it gon be hard 2 be friendz again and u really value this frienship more dan he thinks and loosin it is d last thing u want to happen cos it means a lot to u dat u av a friend like him
Re: What Do You Do When Your Friend Confesses He Has Feelings For You by iice(f): 7:59am On Aug 04, 2006
Plz i tell him one shap shap, i dont want 2 loose our friendship and i know that by our dating, the friendship will surely be ending. If he says that if u guys ever break up, he promises u will still be friends, well that one na another story, but i go still say promises are meant 2 be broken. cheesy
Re: What Do You Do When Your Friend Confesses He Has Feelings For You by kenshin(m): 10:55am On Aug 04, 2006
the important thing is, take him serious, if you don't want to date him, just tell him gently why you can't date him and assure him that you value his friendship and don't want to lose that. As it most guys who find themselves in that kind of situation are taking a risk because what runs at the back of the mind is the possiblity that the lady in question might take offence and end everything.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Friend Confesses He Has Feelings For You by michy(f): 11:01am On Aug 04, 2006
tell him your own feelings too.if u love him,tell him.
but if u dont tell,him so that he ll know what to do
Re: What Do You Do When Your Friend Confesses He Has Feelings For You by otokx(m): 11:21pm On Aug 04, 2006
quite interesting.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Friend Confesses He Has Feelings For You by dondele(m): 12:55am On Aug 05, 2006
if it is a girl dat asked me dis, i will simply ask if she is ready to give me some.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Friend Confesses He Has Feelings For You by kiki(f): 3:58am On Aug 05, 2006
give u some damn dondele u just want to hit it and run huh?
Re: What Do You Do When Your Friend Confesses He Has Feelings For You by dondele(m): 4:00am On Aug 05, 2006
hmmm, kiki again. if i hit u, i will run but if i hit her, we will be together forever but unfortunately, i have no interest in getting any girl.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Friend Confesses He Has Feelings For You by kiki(f): 4:06am On Aug 05, 2006
dondele:

hmmm, kiki again. if i hit u, i will run but if i hit her, we will be together forever but unfortunately, i have no interest in getting any girl.

hmmmmmmmmm really? boy if u hit me u gon wanna stay there trust me u will never wanna leave grin grin grin.but i hate guyz like u
Re: What Do You Do When Your Friend Confesses He Has Feelings For You by dondele(m): 4:07am On Aug 05, 2006
i never said i liked u did i? hit u? i will hit u when u are the last woman on earth. even at dat, its only BJ i will want from you.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Friend Confesses He Has Feelings For You by kiki(f): 4:11am On Aug 05, 2006
dondele:

i never said i liked u did i? hit u? i will hit u when u are the last woman on earth. even at that, its only BJ i will want from you.

i never said i liked u either i said i hate guyz like u and u really hurt my feelings with what u just said cry cry cry cry
Re: What Do You Do When Your Friend Confesses He Has Feelings For You by dondele(m): 4:13am On Aug 05, 2006
im sorry. didnt mean it, please forgive me.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Friend Confesses He Has Feelings For You by labelle1(f): 4:14am On Aug 05, 2006
Choco to be serious either ways the end is gonna be disatrous.If you tell him you don't have feelings for him he'll be heart broken and in the end if the relationship fails its your loss also.so either ways you might lose your friendship. Except his strong and can bear the emotional trauma smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: What Do You Do When Your Friend Confesses He Has Feelings For You by kiki(f): 4:15am On Aug 05, 2006
it aiite i'm ok just not in d mood 2 argue with no one kinda stressed out
Re: What Do You Do When Your Friend Confesses He Has Feelings For You by labelle1(f): 4:16am On Aug 05, 2006
kiki and dondele i'm really sorry for interrupting you guys sad. You can continue you know its fun reading lovebirds notes
Re: What Do You Do When Your Friend Confesses He Has Feelings For You by dondele(m): 4:17am On Aug 05, 2006
its ok, you will be fine. just rest and drink some juice.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Friend Confesses He Has Feelings For You by kiki(f): 4:18am On Aug 05, 2006
dondele:

its ok, you will be fine. just rest and drink some juice.

thanx

la belle:

kiki and dondele i'm really sorry for interrupting you guys sad. You can continue you know its fun reading lovebirds notes

gurl its nothing like dat
Re: What Do You Do When Your Friend Confesses He Has Feelings For You by dondele(m): 4:19am On Aug 05, 2006
welcome
Re: What Do You Do When Your Friend Confesses He Has Feelings For You by creamdream: 5:02pm On Aug 06, 2006
I FEEL LIKE hULU hULU HULU
Re: What Do You Do When Your Friend Confesses He Has Feelings For You by Cleofel(f): 9:05pm On Aug 07, 2006
i'm also in the same situation.
my only bestfriend told me he has some strong feelings 4 me and i don't know what to do.he even left his own girlfriend when he realized he was in love with me.he is really a very nice guy,he is a guy any girl would want but am not ready now to be in a relationship so what do i do.
SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Do You Do When Your Friend Confesses He Has Feelings For You by Douzy(m): 9:24pm On Aug 07, 2006
If you really have feelings for him too, then you guys should get it going, otherwise, let him know straight away (in a most affectionate way) that you would rather you remained friends (at the moment).  I said, at the moment, because you might never know, you could ultimately develop much feelings for him later.

I've been there and it didn't kill me to know that she, at that moment, really enjoyed my company and wanted it to remain on the friendship level.  However, she latter came back to ask me outz when she stopped seeing the guy she used to see previously.  Anywayz, the rest of the story is personal.

I'm sure you got my point. If he's reasonable enough, he would understand.

Just my two cents.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Friend Confesses He Has Feelings For You by Cleofel(f): 9:42pm On Aug 07, 2006
i also like him alot but the point is that we know urselves too much to be in a relationship and am scared things r gonna change between us cuz it has even started changing since he confessed,we r shy of eachother now and we don't see urselves always as we used to do.And am also not ready to be with any guy 4 now.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Friend Confesses He Has Feelings For You by Cleofel(f): 9:42pm On Aug 07, 2006
i dont wanna break his heart cuz i care alot 4 him.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Friend Confesses He Has Feelings For You by Douzy(m): 10:17pm On Aug 07, 2006
You'll be hurting him more by keeping quiet about the whole situation, Cleo.  You don't need to avoid him, and he may even be thinking that you now hate him because he confessed his love for you.  If you guys were really as intimate as you seem to posit, then you should be able to sit him down and talk to him about the situation and your thing about it all, and he should be able to understand your position.  Good thing, you have a good reason, hence he wouldn't see it as if you don't really like him or something (since you are not dating any other guy).

Let him know that you love him and would always be there for him, even when no one else is not there for him (if you guys are really that close).  The more you keep quiet about it and let the good friendship you were already enjoying to degerate completely, the more the heartbreak would be more devastating!  You know what they say, a stitch in time saves nine.  Don't let the communication between you break down critically.  Talk to him now and he may be so much grateful to you later that you did so early enough.

I don't like games, and I'm sure he wouldn't enjoy the idea of you playing mind games with him.  So, go try and make him as comfortable as possible around you again and please

talk to him now, Cleo!

PS: I'll be away for a moment. I could read your replies when I get back to the PC.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Friend Confesses He Has Feelings For You by Cleofel(f): 10:43pm On Aug 07, 2006
i have been in a very bad and hard situation that i even cant trust guys anymore and he knows that am not ready 4 a relationship and i'm not the one avoiding him.we r like a brother and a sister,we give eachother advices and he sometimes sleeps in my house when is very late but since when he made his confessions we cant look into our eyes and talk as we used to.i just want as to be friends like we used to but the problem is that i felt jelous when i saw him with his girlfriend talking but i pretended to be alright,i dont know what is happening to me.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Friend Confesses He Has Feelings For You by Douzy(m): 1:29am On Aug 08, 2006
Sorry to hear about the 'very bad and hard situation' you had previously found yourself in, and I seem to perfectly understand the jealousy thing, which I believe is only natural.  I mean, mothers feel such jealousy even when their daughters are being married off to a guy (their own son-in-law).  From my own perspective, such jealousy says "Hey! That's my lovely babyboy/babygurl!  Don't ever mess with him/her!  Don't ever mess with his/her life, even if you're his/her guy/girl (hubby/wify)!"  It's that feeling that's an offshoot of the aspirations you have that the best things always happen to your loved ones.  It most often doesn't really mean that the erotic feelings are there, rather it more often still points to that pure filial/platonic love which friends have for each other, just like twins.  If you really think you should date him for any reason, please take your time to look deep within you to see if that other erotic passion is there, rather than look on the jealousy, which is not so deep-rooted, as mothers would finally let go of their daughters.

Love has nuances, Cleo.  Deep within you, you would ultimately find out the real meaning of your love for him and what directions it could take as you both grow together.  Then, it's a decision you have to make, either to go into a relationship with him or not.  I don't want to get you into more confusion here.  Follow your heart and do what you think is right.  However, most importantly, act you must, and as soon as you are comfortable doing so.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Friend Confesses He Has Feelings For You by Cleofel(f): 1:38am On Aug 08, 2006
Thank u soo very much.I really do appreciate that.U r 1 in a 10000
Re: What Do You Do When Your Friend Confesses He Has Feelings For You by Douzy(m): 1:50am On Aug 08, 2006
You are welcome, Cleo and thanks for the compliments. Life is all about choices, and the choice not to choose is not one of the best of choices. So, you should know what you really want. Go for and stand by it.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Friend Confesses He Has Feelings For You by Choco(f): 12:48pm On Aug 08, 2006
U guys thanks u been helpful especially Douzy kiss. That's for being such a nice person giving Cleo all that counsel and moi too
Re: What Do You Do When Your Friend Confesses He Has Feelings For You by Douzy(m): 1:21pm On Aug 08, 2006
Sup Choco? Thanks for the compliments, and sorry I forgot a moment there that you were the one who started this thread. I guess my empathy was more stirred by Cleo's situation. Well, I'm happy I was of some help to you too.

Cheers!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ogun State Liaison Office / Whatsapp Etiquette: TOP 6 Whatsapp Doos N Donts U Should Take Serious In 2015. / Electricity Distribution Company Past Questions And Answers For Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.