Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,393 members, 7,808,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. (59127 Views)

Could My Neighbors Be Ignoring Me Based On My Looks? / Could My Neighbor Be Ignoring Me Based On My Looks? / My Ex Boyfriend Is Ignoring Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by safarigirl(f): 7:07am On Oct 23, 2014
If you guys are friends, or have at least had a couple of conversations before, what's so hard in asking "Bros, this one wey you dey dodge me, you see me for dream ni?"

What's the big deal? People are making a mountain of a molehill. I do that a lot, even with guys I like. It's cuz you're looking at him on a non-platonic level that's causing all this your worry. If he was your buddy, nothing stops you from talking to him.

What's up? Hope you're good...simple stuff, anything he wants to think, let him think. You don talk your own. Life isn't as complicated as most make it seem

14 Likes

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by austinbrown: 7:09am On Oct 23, 2014
No be only girls sabi do shakara

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by englishmart(m): 7:09am On Oct 23, 2014
I need to close this thread now.

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by soldierdollar(m): 7:09am On Oct 23, 2014
On two occasions , I have had two girls walk up to me to declare interest . I know I attract girls but there are ways a girl will hint that without sounding " cheap " .

One bluntly said " I can't just stop staring at you and I like you" I blushed

But when a girl starts following me about calling me her husband or boo and shouting my name whenever she sees me or stopping to ask if I didn't see her ... I feel ashamed of her..
That's when a girl becomes cheap.

And the worst thing i hate is when a girl tells me she has fallen in love with me .. I will just say in mu mind .." Oh God , not again " .

I like to chyke a girl and win her and not the other way round .

If you really like a guy give him less attention.. But dont try to get him jealous with those your obvious trick If he notices youre tryna make him jealous maybe by the way you laugh with other guys .. E don be for you .

As i was saying , pay less attention to him but make sure you greet him just like everyone else . but cut it short lest you start giving him ideas .. Appear to be a little busy when he comes around but be polite .

3 Likes

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 23, 2014
Op, face your book...
Girls and discussing boys since 1902.
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by IamK2I(m): 7:12am On Oct 23, 2014
Harbosede02:
I think u sud walk up to him,and ask y he ignores u and behave as if u don't exist.
E Dey easy for mouth
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Emmalot121(m): 7:16am On Oct 23, 2014
msrita:
So I really like this guy , we're in the same faculty and level but different departments so we share the same lecture venue for all our lectures.
He's really cool and quiet and that's what I like most in a guy. I stare at him a lot though I try not to and I catch him staring at me sometimes too , sometimes we turn at d same time to stare at each other, the issue is he seems to be ignoring me, I mean he talks to almost every one I relate and associate with ,but he acts as though he doesn't see me , he'll walk up to where I'm standing with a group of friends and greet everyone there except me ,sometimes he passes too close for someone who doesn't like me , his body brushes mine lightly, well we've greeted a few times . I get a lot of attention from guys in my class dunno if that's why he doesn't wanna get close or because the most wanted guy in my class is my best friend though people believe we are dating and I'm an easy person , it even shows on my face. But common I like this guy naturally and wanna be friends with him , I don't think further than that or maybe I do, and oh! He has a favorite girl in our venue , he walks mostly with only her ,u hardly even catch walking with guys its either only him or her. So what's your take on this people, please no harsh comments ,a sister is just sharing her feelings. Thanks.
So you think its a must for him to like u? This is the mistake so many people make(expectially women.) They will later complain of being laid after the guy must have acted his friends' script. Face your studies, cos no one wants a jobless nigga. cool

2 Likes

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Chuks16(m): 7:17am On Oct 23, 2014
Good morning nairalanders
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Nobody: 7:22am On Oct 23, 2014
you girls have lot of problem I swear and maybe it's spiritual

I see have guy dating someone in your class instead of you to remove ur mind from there you still want to go for him

If I were that guy I will eat u and clean my mouth
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by otobomax(m): 7:23am On Oct 23, 2014
most times its always not easy for guys to approach a lady that gets to be seen around most times with guys. We normally av the believe that she is dating one among even especially when she has a close friend that most pple seem to think they r in a relationship. The main thing is if u guys can just be friends that's the main issue here cos from experience it's only when a guy becomes friends n even a close one to a girl that has more guys as friend than female it's always hard to blive that she's not in one. Mainly the closeness first very important. No doubt he will also av a thing for u but everyone he might just need that CONFIRMATION .
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by emmerks(m): 7:25am On Oct 23, 2014
From all you said, I will tell from experience that the guy is the shy type. Probably an Introvert, that's from experience.

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by morbid: 7:26am On Oct 23, 2014
Romance topics enjoy the highest patronage with comments

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by IBOGIRL1: 7:27am On Oct 23, 2014
Ever heard of african china's song *if u love sombody walkup to dem and tell dem how much u do,cos its no crime* so babe if ur dat stuck,face d issue like a babe and talk to him abt it human being to human being grin u dey fear am?

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Acidosis(m): 7:28am On Oct 23, 2014
I think you should face your studies. That yeye crush of yours will fade away after sometime.
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by omenka(m): 7:29am On Oct 23, 2014
If you're among those who opened the thread and went to check out the Op's profile before reading her story, let me see your hands up.

That's what I did, because on nairaland, the responses you get from stories like this are determined by your appearance. If you ugly na bashing all the way. The most decent advice you might get, if you are lucky, would be: focus on your studies.

12 Likes

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by gistmelove(m): 7:29am On Oct 23, 2014
1.sit near him during lecture
2.Start a conversation with him with wayo e.g hey sorry this lecture is 2 hours right? He looks at u he notices you
3.He would toast u after the class no worry
4.He ask 4 ur number u'll give it to him
5.He will chat with u on watsapp and he would invite to his crib probably offcamp
6.U would go see him,he would chat with u laff with u play with u,kiss u and shag u
7.He wld stop picking ur calls
8.U'll come baq to nairaland to open thread about heart break story END

9 Likes

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by nairaman66(m): 7:30am On Oct 23, 2014
Articul8:
What is wrong if u say hello to him?

Don't mind them girls waiting for the guys to make the first move.. Let her wait she'll grow old!

2 Likes

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by malbro(m): 7:30am On Oct 23, 2014
From the Write I hv this stong feelin both of u like each oda..d probz iz who wil make the first move...mai dear iz a man job 2 do dat...bt u can make a lot mur easier 4 him....he iz SHY..

2 Likes

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by lawrenceunaa: 7:30am On Oct 23, 2014
msrita:
So I really like this guy , we're in the same faculty and level but different departments so we share the same lecture venue for all our lectures.
He's really cool and quiet and that's what I like most in a guy. I stare at him a lot though I try not to and I catch him staring at me sometimes too , sometimes we turn at d same time to stare at each other, the issue is he seems to be ignoring me, I mean he talks to almost every one I relate and associate with ,but he acts as though he doesn't see me , he'll walk up to where I'm standing with a group of friends and greet everyone there except me ,sometimes he passes too close for someone who doesn't like me , his body brushes mine lightly, well we've greeted a few times . I get a lot of attention from guys in my class dunno if that's why he doesn't wanna get close or because the most wanted guy in my class is my best friend though people believe we are dating and I'm an easy person , it even shows on my face. But common I like this guy naturally and wanna be friends with him , I don't think further than that or maybe I do, and oh! He has a favorite girl in our venue , he walks mostly with only her ,u hardly even catch walking with guys its either only him or her. So what's your take on this people, please no harsh comments ,a sister is just sharing her feelings. Thanks.
keep ur cool till he gets the courage
And don't form the 'I will think abt it ' he might not fancy u after all but don't be desperate
Cos u gals have been doing so to guys
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by trustone(m): 7:31am On Oct 23, 2014
the guy mst also fall 4 u
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Donbabaj: 7:32am On Oct 23, 2014
Well! all i have to say is that the guy likes you, the fact that he greets everyone and ignores you signifies that he respects you and that you are special to him! He's probably an introvert.

Solution: Just walk up to him secretly and tell him about your observation that he ignores you whenever he greets your peers. "Don't tell him that you like him". If he's really a gentle guy like you have said, he will not broadcast that you approached him

2 Likes

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by nairaman66(m): 7:32am On Oct 23, 2014
gistmelove:
1.sit near him during lecture
2.Start a conversation with him with wayo e.g hey sorry this lecture is 2 hours right? He looks at u he notices you
3.He would toast u after the class no worry
4.He ask 4 ur number u'll give it to him
5.He will chat with u on watsapp and he would invite to his crib probably offcamp
6.U would go see him,he would chat with u laff with u play with u,kiss u and shag u
7.He wld stop picking ur calls
8.U'll come baq to nairaland to open thread about heart break story END

Is this how you go about your daily routines? undecided

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by lawrenceunaa: 7:32am On Oct 23, 2014
omenka:
If you're among those who opened the thread and went to check out the Op's profile before reading her story, let me see your hands up.
are u confessing angry lipsrsealed undecided
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Sagamite(m): 7:33am On Oct 23, 2014
Harbosede02:
I think u sud walk up to him,and ask y he ignores u and behave as if u don't exist.

Nope!

If he is an immature young lad, she risks having him going around boasting to everyone some girl is desperate he pays her attention.

What she should do if she is that interested is to walk up to him and chat with him generally.

E.g. walk to him confidently and say hi, then chat about the course he is doing. Then move on to where he is from and grew up. The chat has to be at least 30 minutes.

After that, except he is an ediot, he would struggle to ignore her anytime he sees her as they are officially now informal friends/acquaintances. Which means they can chat some more and she can flirt with him (after like the 4th chat) without blatantly asking him out.

The 'ignoring her' might be his game, she needs to break his game by changing the rules of the game and being the umpire controlling what happens.

If he continues ignoring her after that, then he either does not like her one inch or he is a completely immature ediot. Either one, then she needs to quit that lane.

7 Likes

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by gistmelove(m): 7:33am On Oct 23, 2014
nairaman66:

Is this how you go about your daily routines? undecided

2 Likes

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by nairaman66(m): 7:35am On Oct 23, 2014
[quote author=gistmelove post=27375229][/quote]

You mean Doggle? grin

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by yungcyrus(m): 7:36am On Oct 23, 2014
The same tin wit me. I'm a quiet guy. I hav dis 1 female friend i mostly hang out wit, nt lyk we r dating. But dia is this oda Gorgoeous gal i lyk, we always catch ourselves starin @ each other. The same problem too, the way she relates to numerous guys gives me cold feet.

Sametin I do i jst make her luk lyk she doesnt exist on purpose. Although we say a few 'hi's' but i ignore her most tyms.

Dat guy u talkd about is my photocopy.

I dont lyk gals wit too much male friends. It sends a kind of ''being cheap n nasty'' message

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by destante(f): 7:38am On Oct 23, 2014
msrita:

That's y I had mention that I get a lot of male attention. O well ,I thank everyone for their input,I'm done with dis issue seriously,I dunno,is there a way I could delete this post? Cos I'm tired of reading more comments when this issue is currently in my psychological waste bin. Thanks
lool the mod that pushed this to front page really hates you grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

When You Are Having Nigerian Jollof And The Aroma Of Ghanian Jolof Hits U Hard / Masturbation: Good Or Bad? Nigerians React (Video) / 10 Reasons Some Working Class Ladies Still Have Sex For Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.