Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,015 members, 7,799,465 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. (59098 Views)

Could My Neighbors Be Ignoring Me Based On My Looks? / Could My Neighbor Be Ignoring Me Based On My Looks? / My Ex Boyfriend Is Ignoring Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by kandiikane(m): 12:48pm On Oct 23, 2014
Eberex:

If you were in the West you would have approached him, but too bad we are Africans. I'll advise you don't make yourself look desperate for his attention as It would send the wrong message and in turn might not really believe you. Hence I suggest you keep your cool. Keep your standard. If he likes you, he should be man enough to at least have a conversation with you.

Lol this is how people miss the man God has sent for their future. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by samseen02(m): 12:49pm On Oct 23, 2014
thorpido:

He probably thinks you are involved with the 'most wanted guy'.
He doesn't like the fact that you get too much attention from guys(some guys don't like a lady with too many guys around her).
You are referring to me bro

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 23, 2014
msrita:

Sorry, I don't get that kitten on a silver tray thing..
Pls tell me what I'm thinking isn't what you are suggesting?
the guy mean ur obo.
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Eberex(m): 12:53pm On Oct 23, 2014
kandiikane:

Lol this is how people miss the man God has sent for their future. grin

If he is God sent, don't you think she too is a God sent to him too? One sided thinker undecided
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by LoBoR: 12:53pm On Oct 23, 2014
The truth is d niggur is shy..he thinks u like him so he cnt talk/look @ u cos he will feel shy....try and stay next to him durin one of ur lectures..use this opportunity to tAlk to him eg "do u understand d topic cos I'm gettin confuse"...den after d class u guys cn start talkin den u get to know d kind of person he is before tellin him how u feel bout him...don't rush he might be a pretender

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by megadonk: 12:56pm On Oct 23, 2014
let me assume he does not have enough boldness to say the world.Some guy would rather they had acquaintance with the girl first from where they take courage in their hands. so if u cn get close to him and let him gt acclimatized to u that would do the magic

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 23, 2014
prettyboi1989:
If u lyk som1, chat d person up, the guy myt be shy to talk to u while u thinking hez ignoring u (except if u ugly) asides from dat, u are good 2 go.
Lol.
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 23, 2014
Gorgeous58:
Singing African China's If you love somebody: *If you love somebody walk up to am and tell am you love am oo. It does no crime no crime at all.
I love u, hope is not crime?
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by slimmingcare(f): 1:01pm On Oct 23, 2014
I had once or twice been in these as well.There is actually nothing wrong in approaching him but is he mature in mind not to use it against you later.
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by chronique(m): 1:01pm On Oct 23, 2014
I perfectly understand what's going on here. I've done something like this before,and I think the reason He's doing that,is to probably reduce your ego(maybe he thinks you got a very big one). When I was in school,there was this very pretty girl who almost every guy wanted to date and I think it was making her a lil bit big headed. I noticed most guys were always flocking around her so I made sure I behaved differently. I wouldn't even bother looking at her or recognizing her presence whenever we see or I'm around people she flows with. I wouldn't even say hi to her if she walks pass me but our eyes would connect and I'd just lookaway from her. I didn't want her to see herself as too important. Moreover,I was quite cute then;you know how fine boys and girls like to feel special... I was sitting with my friends one day and the next thing she did was to come sit on my laps and started gisting with me and talking about how I always see her and ignore her. From there we became very close. She later confided in me and told me how she felt I was different from other guys cos I kept acting like I wasn't seeing her and she kept wondering if she wasn't looking attractive enough for me...

Your friend might be playing same trick;if you're bold enough to do something to break him,good for you. If you can't,just let it slide.

5 Likes

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Kiingsolomon(f): 1:02pm On Oct 23, 2014
LoBoR:
The truth is d niggur is shy..he thinks u like him so he cnt talk/look @ u cos he will feel shy....try and stay next to him durin one of ur lectures..use this opportunity to tAlk to him eg "do u understand d topic cos I'm gettin confuse"...den after d class u guys cn start talkin den u get to know d kind of person he is before tellin him how u feel bout him...don't rush he might be a pretender
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by kandiikane(m): 1:02pm On Oct 23, 2014
Eberex:

If he is God sent, don't you think she too is a God sent to him too? One sided thinker undecided
How is it one sided when you are the one who told her not to approach? Why because she has a va.gina? she likes someone and wondering why he doesnt talk to
her yet she is adviced to not approach him to know what's up? Stup!d

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by kay29000(m): 1:05pm On Oct 23, 2014
msrita:
So I really like this guy , we're in the same faculty and level but different departments so we share the same lecture venue for all our lectures.
He's really cool and quiet and that's what I like most in a guy. I stare at him a lot though I try not to and I catch him staring at me sometimes too , sometimes we turn at d same time to stare at each other, the issue is he seems to be ignoring me, I mean he talks to almost every one I relate and associate with ,but he acts as though he doesn't see me , he'll walk up to where I'm standing with a group of friends and greet everyone there except me ,sometimes he passes too close for someone who doesn't like me , his body brushes mine lightly, well we've greeted a few times . I get a lot of attention from guys in my class dunno if that's why he doesn't wanna get close or because the most wanted guy in my class is my best friend though people believe we are dating and I'm an easy person , it even shows on my face. But common I like this guy naturally and wanna be friends with him , I don't think further than that or maybe I do, and oh! He has a favorite girl in our venue , he walks mostly with only her ,u hardly even catch walking with guys its either only him or her. So what's your take on this people, please no harsh comments ,a sister is just sharing her feelings. Thanks.

As you said, he is a quiet guy, and you seem to be an extrovert who relates with most of the "happening" guys in your class. So, he probably feels nervous about walking up to you. Maybe you should try and initiate a conversation with him.

Are you sure you really like this guy, or you are just not happy with the fact that he is the only one in the class that ignores you? Okay, maybe that's where the attraction comes from.

3 Likes

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 1:05pm On Oct 23, 2014
You were sent in uni to learn and study not to harass boys

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 23, 2014
msrita:

Nooo I didn't mention love oo . I just his coolness and quietness and wul like to be friends with him.
I don't love him ,I like him. Love? Not on my mind at all.
lol, it's okay.
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by kamilous(m): 1:06pm On Oct 23, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]don't allow ur feeling to die in u just like DAT,d guy himself may av d xame feeling for u but may b he is thinking of ur predegree( may b too much cute) so may b u can walk to him and use all dos female trick for him.[i]don't allow ur feeling to die in u just like DAT,d guy himself may av d xame feeling for u but may b he is thinking of ur predegree( may b too much cute) so may b u can walk to him and use all dos female trick for him.
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Kiingsolomon(f): 1:07pm On Oct 23, 2014
LoBoR:
*thumbs Up*.. Exactly!.
Kiingsolomon:
@rita... Well, d guy knws everyfin (cuz every guy knws d info pass wen he catches a girl stare at him always). Yh,.,, he only wanna play sum kinda "had to get" wif U,,,, juz like I do at times, *winks* lol,,
, yeah!,, or hez kinda shy(buh, datz nt d case, U sed he speaks wif anyoda critters in d faculty).
U've gat to do it yahsef.... Yup!, try sitting next to him in d class next tym, nd let him talk to U,,, #ure a gal u shuld knw hw to make him talk #*winks*. Juz try to get his aTtention, by askn finz related to d lecture bla bla bla(he'd b glad to help u out),,, nd U can suggest, u guyz start hav joint study outta d class, diz wuld lead to exchange or mobile nos. Nd I fink U stand yh frndship frm there.
Am very sure, he will neva make d first move... Seems, easier for such guys to approach gals dat dnt show the green light dan d ones making their likeness obvious.
*winks*
LoBoR:
*thumbs Up*.. Exactly!.
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by kay29000(m): 1:09pm On Oct 23, 2014
LoBoR:

Exactly. This way, there wont be direct eye contact, and he would be more comfortable talking to you. Good tip.
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Eberex(m): 1:15pm On Oct 23, 2014
[quote author=kandiikane post=27383186]
How is it one sided when you are the one who told her not to approach? Why because she has a va.gina? she likes someone and wondering why he doesnt talk to
her yet she is adviced to not approach him to know what's up? Stup!d[/quote

And I bet you are one of those guys who waits for a girl you like to approach you all because you don't have the gut? I wonder who wooed who between you and your partner? I wont be surprised if she did the wooing undecided
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Sunshinelady(f): 1:15pm On Oct 23, 2014
Harbosede02:
i knw,guys can be very nasty,bt do u think hez sum1 dat can do sumfin like dat??itz normal 4 im to think u like im wen u ask im d question,bt at d same time if u think itz worth d risk,then take it,bt if it isn't,abeg make una continue to dey eye eachother 4 lecture hall.
. Gbam! smiley

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by miembamish(m): 1:16pm On Oct 23, 2014
msrita:

Yea mish .. I already recognized you from your pics,damn how worse could this get, I regret ever posting this.
Don't worry girl... Nafng is gonna happen... See ya in skul wen I resume, maybe am gonna be ur middle man to get to de dude...
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by miembamish(m): 1:19pm On Oct 23, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
You were sent in uni to learn and study not to harass boys
Lolz... Dah!!! U get mouth... Abeg hide am jhor!!!
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by omorttee4u(m): 1:23pm On Oct 23, 2014
msrita:

Nooo I didn't mention love oo . I just his coolness and quietness and wul like to be friends with him.
I don't love him ,I like him. Love? Not on my mind at all.

If you really like your self. Don't try the move of getting close to him now if is in your mind. The information here might have got to him and is not really good for him to know your intention of coming to him. Just continue to be yourself for now.

I'm sure this your topic will make you popular in school environment , you might not know. But a lot of people will be pointing finger at you somehow. Just be yourself and pretend nothing happened afterall you owe anybody apology.

If you had codedly impersonate the story it would have worked out fine but you never knew it would make up fp like this.

Most comment there are good to go..especially the one that supported you to start up the conversation. Because the guy is a shy type. We that are shy and introvert. Even though a girl walk up to us for conversation we still don't believe she's interested because we don't like to get turn down on our move.

The guy like you very much but is scared of being turn down. If decide to walk up to the guy don't let it be now. Cos some guy will make it known to him, that you like him already , you posted it on nl , and you will end being the victim.

Life is short not to go for what we really wanted. Enjoy yourself.

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 1:26pm On Oct 23, 2014
Harbosede02:
I think u sud walk up to him,and ask y he ignores u and behave as if u don't exist.

What do most women feel so much entitled ? So if I don't want to talk to you it means I ignore you? Or behave as if you don't exist? Maybe he is simply not interested by op and all the things she mentioned come from her imagination.

Op I don't know how you look like, bit maybe it is time for you to know and accept that not all m'en desire or want you or even want to become your friend .some are there to study you know
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by goshen26: 1:27pm On Oct 23, 2014
Harbosede02:
I think u sud walk up to him,and ask y he ignores u and behave as if u don't exist.
u r a lady na. u should know how to make him grab d opportunity of talking to u. like asking to explain a course u kno, but pretend u do not kno, borrowing of materials etc but for not descend so low to d extent of wooing a guy, it is uncalled for, sooner or later u ll pay for it.
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 1:28pm On Oct 23, 2014
miembamish:

Lolz... Dah!!! U get mouth... Abeg hide am jhor!!!
smiley wink
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Sunshinelady(f): 1:30pm On Oct 23, 2014
OP I don't even see ur predicament as a big deal. U r gud looking right & @least okay socially right? Fine. Since u ppl attend same lectures, just try & initiate a conversation one day, a light, casual conversation , (afterall we do dat wit ordinary classmates too wn u feel like chattin a bit), den from there u go wit d flow, & even knw weda he is ok in terms of conversation sef. Don't ask him y he ignores u, hell no, twill seem somhow, like he owes u attentn or somtin. Don't seem too forward, just be frendly. Hiaan wats there?, no be ur classmate? Den from there u see how it goes, if he's into u he will take d baton from dere, if not..@least u tried
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Matthewbriggs(m): 1:32pm On Oct 23, 2014
nnekamezor:
Lol...very funny... U might be wrong ooo....yeah i do know some ladies do such but pls it doesnt neccessarily mean she is one of dem. U dont hv to jump to conclusions yet

I am not jumping to conclusion ... I am basically coming up with my observation after reading her message.

First she tries to make us understand she is popular and hotly chased by other guys ... In my opinion that's an unnecessary information it basically highlights the fact that she is confused as to why the guy in question is not joining the queue of guys chasing after her Almighty hotness.

Secondly she likes the guy and states she wants him as a Friend ... Meaning her intention is just to add him to her list of guys she has friend zoned.

She mentioned the fact he is currently very close to another lady. It would not be wrong to suggest that she feels very jealous that this cool guy choses to be close to someone else or fancy someone else and that someone happens not to be her Almighty hotness.

cheesy the bottom line is in my opinion this is not a case of a girl who truly likes a guy for the right reasons but for a complety different set of reasons with most of them selfishly oriented.

4 Likes

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 1:35pm On Oct 23, 2014
My friend is a man is interested in you, he will make the first move even if for you it seems to take eons ...are you on heat? Eh Eh wetin be this see women/girls advising another woman to make the first move, as if they would ever do it . Tufiakwa

Op you b ashawo?
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Sunshinelady(f): 1:37pm On Oct 23, 2014
Tallesty1:
You ignored all the guys that are giving you attention and you are complaining that someone is ignoring you??

How does it sound?

You have a favourite guy.

He is got a favourite girl.

So you would be happy if he leaves her and starts walking with you "slowly"?

If you want him that badly then why don't you just walk up to him and tell him your mind?

Abeg park well and free a brother.
. Hahahahahahah, smh

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by msrita(f): 1:40pm On Oct 23, 2014
miembamish:

Don't worry girl... Nafng is gonna happen... See ya in skul wen I resume, maybe am gonna be ur middle man to get to de dude...

Tanx, see u in scul.
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Sunshinelady(f): 1:44pm On Oct 23, 2014
numericalguy:
OP, how do u expect such a nice and cool dude to approach you when you have baricaded yourself by hanging on the arm of the "most wanted guy" in your level. So much so that most people think you are dating. You get loads loads of attention from all the guys in your level buy flirting with them.

Must you have every guy in your class? He's the last one remaining and you must have him even when you know he has a favourite girl.

I don't think you really love him. You only want to conqure him since he's probably one of the few guys left that is not really bothered by you.
. OMG, dis guy is a genius!! How com I didn't tink of dis? Mehn dis is true

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

"I Won't Marry A Man I Don't Have Sex With" - Nigerian Lady Reveals Why / 4lah Folayan: "Women, About Us And Our Nudes." / Masturbation: Good Or Bad? Nigerians React (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.