Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,413 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:02 PM

Kit Cars - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Kit Cars (1902 Views)

Honda City With Modified Camaro Kit / Pump And Crank Kit (2008 Rav4 Vs 2007 Camry) / OMG! What An Ugly Kit Car! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kit Cars by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 21, 2014
Are other Nairalanders into kit cars?
Re: Kit Cars by doroboss(m): 8:39pm On Oct 21, 2014
CityNG:
Are other Nairalanders into kit cars?

What are kit cars?
Re: Kit Cars by Readonee35L(m): 9:26pm On Oct 21, 2014
Nope
Re: Kit Cars by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 21, 2014
Yes. I once bought an unfinished project. It was a Dax Colvin / Porsche 911 Carrera. I finished it off, used it for 2 months, before someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

It was powere by a tuned 1760 Big Bore VW Beetle engine.
Re: Kit Cars by Nobody: 12:28am On Oct 22, 2014
Siena:
Yes. I once bought an unfinished project. It was a Dax Colvin / Porsche 911 Carrera. I finished it off, used it for 2 months, before someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Seems I may be following your footsteps.

I'm looking at a Bradley GT2 this evening after work. It's placed on a VW Beetle chassis.

It's one of those things that it's fiscally irresponsible to pass up due to the price ( I think I can knock it down to $300 and it has a complete drive train).

When you were driving yours, did it feel odd? I mean would I feel that it was a two piece affair and could separate at anytime? I would never abuse it due to being fiberglass but I want something that is secure.

Re: Kit Cars by sultaan(m): 3:49am On Oct 22, 2014
If I buy a couple of kit cars and start shipping it ot assemble in Nigeria will I be considered a manufacturer? grin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kit_car

https://www.factoryfive.com/kits/factory-five-factory-five-autumn-kick-off-sale/

This is the part of automotive world that helps the west people are free to do/build what they want.
Re: Kit Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:54am On Oct 22, 2014
sultaan:
If I buy a couple of kit cars and start shipping it ot assemble in Nigeria will I be considered a manufacturer? grin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kit_car

https://www.factoryfive.com/kits/factory-five-factory-five-autumn-kick-off-sale/

This is the part of automotive world that helps the west people are free to do/build what they want.

FG will add you to the current list of car manufacturers on their list with an acclaimed assembly line grin

2 Likes

Re: Kit Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:55am On Oct 22, 2014
Siena:

Do you have any pics? Would love to see how the engine sat in the bay.
Re: Kit Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:08am On Oct 22, 2014

Look at the size of that engine! shocked This pic looks like if you hit the gas pedal the front end will take off leaving the passenger compartment behind grin

1 Like

Re: Kit Cars by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 22, 2014
I went to look at the Bradley GT2 last night. The VW pan was too much rusted for me but still well worth the $300 price though.

I really need to learn how to weld.
Re: Kit Cars by Readonee35L(m): 12:46pm On Oct 23, 2014
CityNG:
I went to look at the Bradley GT2 last night. The VW pan was too much rusted for me but still well worth the $300 price though.

I really need to learn how to weld.
300$ for that ride up there
Re: Kit Cars by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 23, 2014
Readonee35L:

300$ for that ride up there

Similar, silver color instead of gold.

I've bought running cars for $100 before.

I live in a wasteful society.

I bought a 2004 Kia Rio for $300 two nights ago, 85kmi needs head gasket. The tow truck driver that I sent to pick it up offered me $1,500 for it. SOLD.
Re: Kit Cars by Readonee35L(m): 1:31pm On Oct 23, 2014
CityNG:

Similar, silver color instead of gold.

I've bought running cars for $100 before.

I live in a wasteful society.

I bought a 2004 Kia Rio for $300 two nights ago, 85kmi needs head gasket. The tow truck driver that I sent to pick it up offered me $1,500 for it. SOLD.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
shocked cry cry cry cry
Wow.. kinda cheap oh
and what kind of running cars did you get for $100
if you have good offers of vehicles kindly notify
let me patronize you
Re: Kit Cars by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 23, 2014
Readonee35L:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
shocked cry cry cry cry
Wow.. kinda cheap oh
and what kind of running cars did you get for $100
if you have good offers of vehicles kindly notify
let me patronize you

They were ex postal service trucks like the one pictured. I bought them just to get the engine and transmission out and I then sold the bodies for scrap metal.

The problem with cheap cars is that everybody is looking for one and they literately sell within hours and sometimes minutes. I use an app that scours Craigslist and alerts me as soon as a new posting comes up. Even then I'm still alarmed as to how quick and how many times I hear the dreaded "sorry I just sold it" comment.

If only Nigeria didn't have the silly age rule for cars.

Re: Kit Cars by Readonee35L(m): 9:07pm On Oct 23, 2014
CityNG:

They were ex postal service trucks like the one pictured. I bought them just to get the engine and transmission out and I then sold the bodies for scrap metal.

The problem with cheap cars is that everybody is looking for one and they literately sell within hours and sometimes minutes. I use an app that scours Craigslist and alerts me as soon as a new posting comes up. Even then I'm still alarmed as to how quick and how many times I hear the dreaded "sorry I just sold it" comment.

If only Nigeria didn't have the silly age rule for cars.
oh thats great ohh

smiley smiley smiley
the way you are hunting the cars with less focus some ppl hunt for them as a source for there daily bread smiley smiley
Re: Kit Cars by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 23, 2014
Readonee35L:

oh thats great ohh

smiley smiley smiley
the way you are hunting the cars with less focus some ppl hunt for them as a source for there daily bread smiley smiley

When you enjoy something, making money from it is fun.

These are the two apps I use. I get instant alert as soon as a new listing that meets my requirement is made. Then the phone calls start and the "I'll pay your asking price, consider the car sold, I'm on my way" grin

Re: Kit Cars by Readonee35L(m): 7:56am On Oct 24, 2014
CityNG:

When you enjoy something, making money from it is fun.

These are the two apps I use. I get instant alert as soon as a new listing that meets my requirement is made. Then the phone calls start and the "I'll pay your asking price, consider the car sold, I'm on my way" grin
thats smart smiley
i see you have a cute family.. smiley
on my way out
after the day am going to visit my mech.. my dodge charger is having some issues

(1) (Reply)

Facts About The "Beast". Official Car Of The President Of The USA (photos) / Throttle Actuator (j338) fault code. I need help on this problem / HELP!!!!!ABS Actuator Sensor Problem On My 2006 Camry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.