Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. (55226 Views)

Jay-jay Okocha Celebrates His 42nd Birthday Today / Who Is The Most Successful Nigerian In Epl History? / Final Three World Best Players Nominees (fifa Ballon D Or) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by chucky234(m): 8:40pm On Oct 23, 2014
hensben:
go check my post again n see liverpool formation
I have been a Liverpool fan for 16yrs bro, I'm listed on LFC official fans page and I know what I'm telling you.
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by M4gunners: 8:42pm On Oct 23, 2014
chucky234:
I said Shearer, Andy Cole and Rooney more goals in EPL than Henry, if you dont agree then prove me wrong.
Hw many goals has Rooney in EPL divided with how many season he played in EPL.
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by gboyeking4(m): 8:45pm On Oct 23, 2014
if you aint drunk, you will know that Ryan Giggs is and will always be d number one in lists like this. And so far the likes of seaman and cesc re there, then Ruud Van N. also should.....
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by agrovick(m): 8:48pm On Oct 23, 2014
Godskidmidas:

ewoh!!for someone that has won French player of the year twice...hazard has barely gone a season without any personal award
u dey mind am, jealousy don blind hin eyes
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by chucky234(m): 8:50pm On Oct 23, 2014
tuffgongjo:
(¸¸.•´(=))¸.•´(¸.•=)). =))нaнaнaнaн I was never arguing who is better,neymar is a striker Hazard isn't so he will never score more than neymar,fyi a player who is playing in europe will never be nominated for S/A player of the year,was haZard @ d confederation cup?the only place that Hazard has been a let down is d national team$how many goals did neymar scored in d league last season?
What you are doing is like comparing a winger/midfielder$a striker which is wrong.
Shows you know nothing about football, Neymar is a winger cum midfielder which is the same role play by Hazard, at Santos Borges was the main striker while Neymar operates from both wings, in the national team Jo and Fred were the main strikers not Neymdar.
Neymar is in the mode of Figo and Ronaldinho who can cut in from the wings to score goals, and that makes him a special talent.
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by chucky234(m): 8:52pm On Oct 23, 2014
M4gunners:
Hw many goals has Rooney in EPL divided with how many season he played in EPL.
Pls dont make me laugh
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by chucky234(m): 8:53pm On Oct 23, 2014
agrovick:

u dey mind am, jealousy don blind hin eyes
Do you know that 1 goal in EPL equals 2 goals in French league?
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by Osegancy(m): 9:00pm On Oct 23, 2014
Were is Zidan, kaka, cise, carlos, ronaldo, inzaghi, pirlo, dinho, reuben and Eyiema?
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by Kbraims(m): 9:01pm On Oct 23, 2014
Dis list is fake,where is fabregas,vander sar,Anelka,Ashley cole ...
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by agrovick(m): 9:08pm On Oct 23, 2014
chucky234:
Do you know that 1 goal in EPL equals 2 goals in French league?
ok sir, do you also know he won the best young player in the Epl last season, how about his run against arsenal that yielded a penalty. Bros, forgerrit Hazard is class
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by Paretomaster(m): 9:10pm On Oct 23, 2014
M4gunners:
And how many goals he scored? Then if that's how you based your argument,why is Cr9 ahead of Beckham and why is Yaya T on that list?

168 goals for a winger bro, started playing for United at d age of 17, d only player to score in all season.

Oldest player to score in d UCL at 37yrs 289 days.
13 EPL, 4 FA cup

Won d BBC sport personality of d Year 3 times, and have never been sent of d field before in his club career.

Give it up for Giggs he is BABA.
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by tuffgongjo(m): 9:11pm On Oct 23, 2014
chucky234:
Shows you know nothing about football, Neymar is a winger cum midfielder which is the same role play by Hazard, at Santos Borges was the main striker while Neymar operates from both wings, in the national team Jo and Fred were the main strikers not Neymdar.
Neymar is in the mode of Figo and Ronaldinho who can cut in from the wings to score goals, and that makes him a special talent.
No need to keep going back$forth,but Neymar is not a Winger cum midfielder but a Winger/forward mr I know something,why not open a thread that reads"Hazard is an average player"$sample comments,whatyasay?
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by Esdb(m): 9:12pm On Oct 23, 2014
I wanted to insult the list from the topic but when I saw the list I swallowed my words
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by goodgood2(m): 9:14pm On Oct 23, 2014
buskie13:
my question too....no adebayor or Yakubu
The goats that drew up the so-called list overlooked them. Nna, a whole Yakubu wey been dey score @ least 20 goals a season. #ShameToTheGoats

1 Like

Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by chucky234(m): 9:15pm On Oct 23, 2014
agrovick:

ok sir, do you also know he won the best young player in the Epl last season, how about his run against arsenal that yielded a penalty. Bros, forgerrit Hazard is class
Sturridge with 21 goals last season deserved the award and not Hazard. Even Raheem Sterling deserved to be voted the best young player not Hazard, the fact that Hazard didnt win a single player of the month award the entire 2013/2014 season tells you that he didnt deserve the award.
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 23, 2014
How can giggs be better than Cristiano ronaldo?? Giggs has been in premier league since kiddies immemorial and he has never been nominated as top 3 either in european best or world best? How can giggs be above henry, shearer, cantona, lampard, RVN, drogba etc....
Note: i m a united fan
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by chucky234(m): 9:18pm On Oct 23, 2014
tuffgongjo:
No need to keep going back$forth,but Neymar is not a Winger cum midfielder but a Winger/forward mr I know something,why not open a thread that reads"Hazard is an average player"$sample comments,whatyasay?
Hazard's stats shows that he is overrated, Neymar has 98 career assists and that to me is phenomenon.
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by VivaLaFrans: 9:19pm On Oct 23, 2014
Mr OP what do you expect? Okocha was an entertainer. Cant be compaired with Drogba
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by olanje: 9:22pm On Oct 23, 2014
Pablo Zabaleta (53)
Ricardo Carvalho (75) U got to be kidding realy
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 23, 2014
Kbraims:
Dis list is fake,where is fabregas,vander sar,Anelka,Ashley cole ...
BroS look again.
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by tuffgongjo(m): 9:26pm On Oct 23, 2014
M4gunners:
How dear you say a thing like that to me? This is the highest insult i have received from Nairalanders. Diouf was a flop you said? Go and sit down bro.Now i know you are the one that don't know anything about EPL.He won Africa Ftballer hw many times? Was he playing in Chad or Taiwan league then?
Diouf flopped in england due to his poor attitude$he won his african best when he was @ Lens.
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by gidjah(m): 9:28pm On Oct 23, 2014
tobillionaire:
Can't find shevchenko
U MEAN ANDREY shevchenko?the man that celebrates his goals wit dancing.that was years back when i use to watch the game.miss him so much
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by AdamuUcheOla: 9:29pm On Oct 23, 2014
No Yahya Sanogo...very biased list!
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by Reference(m): 9:30pm On Oct 23, 2014
ROSSIKE:

So what IS the criteria? Number of games played? Number of titles won? Those cannot be the criteria to rate a footballer, as those factors are out of the player's control.

Broad based recognition. Form, titles, notoriety, etc. The names that sold papers and upped tv viewership and made the EPL a global brand. A non ending soap opera. These are the folks on the list. If you didn't do it or did it long enough like John Barnes you get dumped in the basement. Hahaha ol John. For all the noise you make.

Kanu played well but didn't last long and he was quite dour in media circles. Not one to remember.
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by agrovick(m): 9:31pm On Oct 23, 2014
chucky234:
Sturridge with 21 goals last season deserved the award and not Hazard. Even Raheem Sterling deserved to be voted the best young player not Hazard, the fact that Hazard didnt win a single player of the month award the entire 2013/2014 season tells you that he didnt deserve the award.
he didnt win player of the month and yet he ended up with the best young player of the season, i remember mourinho complained abt hazard being overlooked for the player of the month. U saying hazard is overrated is total balderdash. I will advice you go to youtube and watch as much clips of him as you can find
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by gidjah(m): 9:37pm On Oct 23, 2014
kliq:
Wow....apart from 2/3 strange names,i remember all these players.
Kanu deserves to be on this list.
I TELL YOU,YOU HAV GOT to be old school footcall lover before matchin up wit such names as di mateo,paul ince, etc.so happy to be part of this in d good old days when football was more for fun and not these...
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by InglishTeechar(m): 9:38pm On Oct 23, 2014
timothyuche1:
Where is Hazard, Peter Czech, Costa, Mikel Obi, Van daa Saar, Layman, (abi keeper no follow for players)
They are not serious

Abi you blind...check number 62 you will see peter cech...mumu
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by tuffgongjo(m): 9:39pm On Oct 23, 2014
agrovick:

he didnt win player of the month and yet he ended up with the best young player of the season, i remember mourinho complained abt hazard being overlooked for the player of the month. U saying hazard is overrated is total balderdash. I will advice you go to youtube and watch as much clips of him as you can find
bro stop wasting your time with chucky 234 he must be an "oldman" in the game so the "oldage" is clouding his judgement,I don't waste my time with folks like him.
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by Reference(m): 9:44pm On Oct 23, 2014
crixtex:
How can giggs be better than Cristiano ronaldo?? Giggs has been in premier league since kiddies immemorial and he has never been nominated as top 3 either in european best or world best? How can giggs be above henry, shearer, cantona, lampard, RVN, drogba etc....
Note: i m a united fan

Ah, ah. What's wrong with you folks. There are enough 'best player' awards and ratings. This is not one of them. It is rather in the mould of the '100 Most Influential People' that international mags publish annually.

If you conducted a poll of the top 100 players who made the Premiership what it is, this is what you get. Is the Premiership the most technical league competition....no. So this list is not a technical assessment of individual players. It is a 'who is who' of Premiership history.

1 Like

Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by gidjah(m): 9:45pm On Oct 23, 2014
tuffgongjo:
Diouf flopped in england due to his poor attitude$he won his african best when he was @ Lens.
U got that right dear,that guys stay in europe was totally marred wit controversies of manY kind:anger,disobedience to leaderhsip,pride etc!
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by Leon2036(m): 9:45pm On Oct 23, 2014
ROSSIKE:
69) Nicky Butt

93) Jay Jay Okocha

Tells you all you need to know about the goats who drew up the so-called list.
bros the wey u take read my mind i no just know...1 origin for u abeg

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Usyk: Anthony Joshua Angrily Stormed Out Of The Boxing Ring After Losing / Asisat Oshoala's Mother Poses Proudly With Her Daughter's Glo CAF Award. Photos / Okocha Annoying Hype

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.