Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,096 members, 7,807,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

Always Show Up For A Meeting 5 Minutes Late, Let me tell you why - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Always Show Up For A Meeting 5 Minutes Late, Let me tell you why (582 Views)

What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. / Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's / Site Clock Is About 12 Minutes Late (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Always Show Up For A Meeting 5 Minutes Late, Let me tell you why by Betasms: 10:40pm On Oct 21, 2014
When it comes to the workplace, perception matters. You want to play your cards right and ‘appear’ busy. If you’ve been showing up for meetings on or before time, you’re doing it all wrong. This brilliant graphic shows the correlation between the time you enter for a meeting and your co-workers’ perception of you. The sweet spot is 5 minutes after the meeting has started. Here’s why.

[img]http://.com/images/bulk_SMS_Voice_SMS_advertise.png[/img]

So tomorrow, if the meeting’s at 11:00, show up at 11:05 and pretend like you’ve just gotten off an important call with a client/customer. Another strategy could be to enter the room while having a loud work-related conversation with a subordinate. The purpose is to make it look like you’re eating, sleeping and breathing work. And when the issue of marketing arise... don't forget to recommend .com #VoiceSMS, #Emailmarketing #Voicebroadcast

P.S. On a serious note, always be on time.

[size=4pt]gotten from http://digitalsynopsis.com/tools/early-late-best-time-to-enter-meeting/[/size]

(1) (Reply)

How Many Of Us Did This? / If You Are To Study A Celebrity As A Course, Who Would You Study? / Why Should A Mr Nairaland Contestant Be Banned For No Reason?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.