Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,451 members, 7,781,306 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:08 PM

Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December (18994 Views)

Still On The Lagos-Calabar Rail Line Controversy - Excerpt From Thisdaylive / Abuja-kaduna Rail Project No Longer Feasible In May – Amaechi / 70 Percent Of Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project Completed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 22, 2014
$1.53 billion for 180KM for a Standard Gauge rail line translates to $8.33 million per Kilometer.

Worldwide the standard is $1 million to $2 million per Kilometer depending on the terrain.

Nigeria has one of the best terrains to build on (except Lokoja with too many hills grin)

Kenya is building with $6 million per Kilometer ( another super corrupt African Nation) and they are being accused of inflating cost of inputs.

Hail Naija the corruption genius, $8.33 million per KM! HABA MALAM!!

I have personally benefitted from this Government, but I think the corruption stinks to the high heavens.

Enough is practically enough. We need to show that we go school fa! And inflation of projects that can independently be evaluated must stop. Our cost estimates surpass places like Norway with the highest paid workers ( if you say Na labour), or places like Siberia ( frozen parts of Russia if you say Na weather) or even the remote mountainous parts of China ( if you say na terrain)

And to add insult upon injury its the same Chinese guys who are building for less we are using to build these things. Its simple to see the reason. American regulators will prosecute their companies if they give bribes. This impunity got to stop!

We go school fa! And we travel out and see how it is done with less resource endowed countries....if not one day monkey go go market e no go come back!

3 Likes

Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by citizenY(m): 11:35am On Oct 22, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
I didn't see the programme. Can anyone help with YouTube link?

So inept dem go seize ya laptop and internet modem very soon.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by Akpan107(m): 11:37am On Oct 22, 2014
sammieguze:

Maybe. Maybe not. The beauty of it is that good things happened when the end to their tenor is approaching.

Hopefully, another party will win the seat of the presidency this time.

Btw.... Pdp since 1999...... Ain't you ever tired of having the same party for the past fifteen years?
We ought to have been tired, but considering the kind of poeple in the oppositional party... I prefer PDP should rule forever!
Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by ayobase(m): 12:09pm On Oct 22, 2014
sammieguze:

Maybe. Maybe not. The beauty of it is that good things happened when the end to their tenor is approaching.

Btw.... Pdp since 1999...... Ain't you ever tired of having the same party for the past fifteen years?

if the presidency is taking tenor, then the legislative must be on alto while the judiciary on soprano.

smiley
Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by eightsin(m): 12:16pm On Oct 22, 2014
Funniez:
Whoever says Goodluck is not working should have his head examined to ensure he is'nt a yaba left patient.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by Tycike: 12:23pm On Oct 22, 2014
They always promise to deliver by the end of the year as usual. End of year go reach, nothing will be completed.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by kay29000(m): 12:44pm On Oct 22, 2014
sammieguze:

Maybe. Maybe not. The beauty of it is that good things happened when the end to their tenure is approaching.

Exactly!!! Most of the work going on now is to gain some points for the upcoming elections. But we really need change in this country.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by SlimSkipper(m): 2:37pm On Oct 22, 2014
cocoduck:

u kno what cocodick i tink u re a bloodymodafucker

Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by Truckpusher(m): 2:37pm On Oct 22, 2014
sammieguze:

Maybe. Maybe not. The beauty of it is that good things happened when the end to their tenure is approaching.

Trust me I want the PDP out just like every other well meaning Nigerian ,but if the PDP is to be subtituted for disgruntled past PDP members ,people like Atiku, Amaechi and co then I'll gladly hold unto the PDP.

The devil you know is better than the angel you do not know.....They say.

I was filled with joy when APCs merger news came up because of Buhari and Tinubu of course I'm aware that Tinubu is terminally ill and can't stand the test of time but because of Fashola and some other good young apples amongst them ,but when I saw the old disgruntled thieves of the PDP coming in their droves I smell something and that feeling isn't always good for me ,so i decided to stick to my old criminals after all either way we are doomed.

APC = DISGRUNTLED PDP MEMBERS Same old wine in a new bottle grin

2 Likes

Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by abagnalie: 3:00pm On Oct 22, 2014
kmariko:
By Favour Nnabugwu

Federal Government has said that the construction of Abuja (Idu)-Kaduna Standard guage rail line is 85 percent complete and would be delivered by December this year.

The Minister of Transport, Senator Idiris Umar, said this in Abuja at the 2014 Ministerial Press briefing on the programmes and projects of the ministry and its agencies. He said the ministry has been working in the past two years to provide the nation alternative transport system with the railway.

He said that out of the projected 187.5km rail line, the ministry has achieved 155 km, adding that the remaining 32 km would be completed and delivered by the end of this year.

He said that the Abuja-Kaduna standard guage rail project was funded with the $500 million facilities from the China Exim Bank.

Also, he said that the construction and the rehabilitation of Itakpe-Ajaokuta-Warri standard guage rail line would be completed by the second quarter of 2015, adding that the construction of the Lagos-Ibadan standard guage (double track) 2 x 180km had been awarded and would commence as soon as funding arrangement is concluded. He said the ministry has also awarded rehabilitation contracts to the tune of N1.616 trillion covering 1,796 km rail lines.

“These include the construction of the Lagos-Ibadan 180km standard guage valued at $1.53 billion, awarded to CCECC Nig. Ltd; the Itakpe-Ajaokuta-Warri standard guage line covering 274km, awarded to Julius Berger at a cost of N33.1 billion; the Lagos-Kano modernisation rail project, awarded to CCECC Nig. Ltd. at a cost of $8.3 billion covering 1,342.50km, out of which $257.4 million has been paid by the federal government.

Through the Nigerian Railway Corporation, NRC and with the administration’s determination to revive and modernise the railway system in line with the 25-year strategic vision to bring back the railways to remove the pressure on roads, the rail lines are getting renewed attention, which was unprecedented since the 1980s.”

Giving further update on ministry’s achievements, Senator Umar said the main target was to connect the six geopolitical zones via speed rails so as to make transportation of persons and goods easier and less stressful.”

He said the number of passengers’ conveyed by rail line increased from 4,155,988 in 2012 to 4,328,789 in 2013 with a projection of over 5,000,000 passengers by the end of 2014.

“This was as a result of increased stabilisation of the tracks after completion of rehabilitation of the Western line.

“The target set for delivery of freight and passenger services in 2013 were substantially achieved. More coaches and wagons are required to meet the high demands for the service”, the minister said

source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/
that's the only good thing these administration has achieved
Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by Ignyte(m): 3:57pm On Oct 22, 2014
cocoduck:

it is your father.mother. family members future and past generation that are stup1d. as for me I already registered and I and my friends shall vote for GEJ
I actually had to travel back to Nigeria to register and will do so before February to vote. if you don't like that then hug a wet live transformer

For ya mind, we go ride locomotive trains tire, u no dy naija and u dy register to vote for this failure of a government. While u reside in a country with bullet trains we will use stevenson engine because of people like u. Mtcheew, wonder how these new school bitch ass retards think.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by sekzy99(m): 5:22pm On Oct 22, 2014
i need a job onboard a ship, studied marine engineering. Have my stcw 95,medical n discharge book ready. Momlilyseyi@gmail.com or 08023373302Thanks
Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by klodike(m): 6:08pm On Oct 22, 2014
After 2019 we would consider another party. Perhaps by then apc has metamorphosed to.......
sammieguze:

1 Like

Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by MrKevinBig(m): 8:39pm On Oct 22, 2014
Funniez:
GEJ the best President in the history of Naija. Makes me wonder wat d likes of Obasanjo were doing during. eight yrs of power
ha U don see the thing? *baby I ll buy U a jet* yes baby and she opens her legs wide.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by Funniez: 10:12pm On Oct 22, 2014
MrKevinBig:
ha U don see the thing? *baby I ll buy U a jet* yes baby and she opens her legs wide.
. Who u d call baby
Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by Ovamboland(m): 12:53am On Oct 23, 2014
Complexalfa:
Good,

They keep telling us how clueless gej
is but they forgot to tell us how rapid
nigeria has developed over the yrs
with him in power.
These shiit,forgot to tell us about the
over 130 special schools built
specially for those abandoned kids in
d north which they tagged "almajiris".
They all forget that,i as a person never
saw a train in motion until GEJ made it
possible.

They forgot to tell us that gej has built
over 9 new federal universities in
nigeria with about 6 of them bin in d
north.
They forgot telling us that agriculture
was looked down upon and people
tend to view it as a job for the poor
untill gej turns in to a gold mine.

These guys also forgot to tell us that
my state,akwa ibom was once
unheard of untill gej and Godswill
akpabio came on board.
Nobody heard of jigawa,enugu and
akwa ibom when development was
bin discussed untill sule
lamido,Godswill akpabio and sulivan
chime came into power.

God bless u GEJ
GOD bless me Complexalfa
God bless u all sincere advocate for
good governance in nigeria.
May God continue to fight for ur battle
while the devil keep disgracing
themselves.

I have no idea which bush you lived in before GEJ came, but trains always ran where i live though inadequate and till this moment inadequate

All the noise on agric transformation, do you buy tomatoes, pepper maize cheaper in the market now? Is garri now more abundant? Have you eaten the Nigerian parboiled rice, be honest the rice in your house now is it imported or Nigerian grown?
Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by cjrane: 1:45am On Oct 23, 2014
Northern Nigeria has really benefited under GEJ, which NO NORTHERN PRESIDENT WILL DO FOR OTHER PARTS OF NIGERIA.
I can imagine the uproar if a railway line was built from Lagos to Benin city or Enugu to Onitsha. They would shout so much that Nigeria's money is being used to develop the south that even Boko Haram will adopt it as part of their grievance.

Sha, God bless GEJ.
Fresh air until 2019!
Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by nijanigga: 4:45am On Oct 23, 2014
"... the Lagos-Kano modernisation rail project, awarded to CCECC Nig. Ltd. at a cost of $8.3 billion covering 1,342.50km, ... " now that's a lie. From Kano to Lagos by rail is a distance of 1,128 kilometre. You can read the game, projecting lies for the sole reason of looting.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by Mckennedy: 5:12am On Oct 23, 2014
kmariko:
By Favour Nnabugwu

Federal Government has said that the construction of Abuja (Idu)-Kaduna Standard guage rail line is 85 percent complete and would be delivered by December this year.

The Minister of Transport, Senator Idiris Umar, said this in Abuja at the 2014 Ministerial Press briefing on the programmes and projects of the ministry and its agencies. He said the ministry has been working in the past two years to provide the nation alternative transport system with the railway.

He said that out of the projected 187.5km rail line, the ministry has achieved 155 km, adding that the remaining 32 km would be completed and delivered by the end of this year.

He said that the Abuja-Kaduna standard guage rail project was funded with the $500 million facilities from the China Exim Bank.

Also, he said that the construction and the rehabilitation of Itakpe-Ajaokuta-Warri standard guage rail line would be completed by the second quarter of 2015, adding that the construction of the Lagos-Ibadan standard guage (double track) 2 x 180km had been awarded and would commence as soon as funding arrangement is concluded. He said the ministry has also awarded rehabilitation contracts to the tune of N1.616 trillion covering 1,796 km rail lines.

“These include the construction of the Lagos-Ibadan 180km standard guage valued at $1.53 billion, awarded to CCECC Nig. Ltd; the Itakpe-Ajaokuta-Warri standard guage line covering 274km, awarded to Julius Berger at a cost of N33.1 billion; the Lagos-Kano modernisation rail project, awarded to CCECC Nig. Ltd. at a cost of $8.3 billion covering 1,342.50km, out of which $257.4 million has been paid by the federal government.

Through the Nigerian Railway Corporation, NRC and with the administration’s determination to revive and modernise the railway system in line with the 25-year strategic vision to bring back the railways to remove the pressure on roads, the rail lines are getting renewed attention, which was unprecedented since the 1980s.”

Giving further update on ministry’s achievements, Senator Umar said the main target was to connect the six geopolitical zones via speed rails so as to make transportation of persons and goods easier and less stressful.”

He said the number of passengers’ conveyed by rail line increased from 4,155,988 in 2012 to 4,328,789 in 2013 with a projection of over 5,000,000 passengers by the end of 2014.

“This was as a result of increased stabilisation of the tracks after completion of rehabilitation of the Western line.

“The target set for delivery of freight and passenger services in 2013 were substantially achieved. More coaches and wagons are required to meet the high demands for the service”, the minister said

source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/

And what happened to the second Niger bridge?
Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by Complexalfa(m): 8:09am On Oct 23, 2014
Ovamboland:

I have no idea which bush you lived in before GEJ came, but trains always ran where i live though inadequate and till this moment inadequate

All the noise on agric transformation, do you buy tomatoes, pepper maize cheaper in the market now? Is garri now more abundant? Have you eaten the Nigerian parboiled rice, be honest the rice in your house now is it imported or Nigerian grown?

Truth always hurts, if you don't like the truth go and drink acid. B@stard!
Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by gomeek(f): 5:19pm On Oct 23, 2014
I'll have to post my trip to Zaria to Jan ,have to travel by train, * to-do-list *things.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by Kingsimmer(m): 9:48pm On Dec 28, 2014
Mordyb:
with your useless hating behind that device.
Sincere people and those living in abuja would attribute to the fact this project will a be a reality come december if not earlier stop this useless propaganda

hey dude! av been waiting peaceful for decemba

alas! here comes december!!! has d project bin handed over
hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by LRNZH(m): 9:56pm On Dec 28, 2014
solomonottawa:
story for the gods, wat happens to the mega watts we celebrated some months ago??, PHCN company is a mess in Abuja now. One step forward ten steps backward..

You dey mind them?
Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by LRNZH(m): 10:03pm On Dec 28, 2014
Kingsimmer:

hmmmm

God bless you for remembering this thread and digging it up.

Another failed promise by GEJ's Gov't.
That's how Okonjo-Iweala promised the PwC audit report on the missing $20Billion in October. Were are still waiting.

Lies upon lies.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by aletheia(m): 10:15pm On Dec 28, 2014
Kingsimmer:

hmmmm
^
Abuja-Kaduna rail reaches 100% per cent completion

The Abuja-Kaduna Standard Rail Gauge project has been completed and will soon become operational, according to the Minister of Transport, Sen. Idris Umar.

Umar announced this in Rigasa, Kaduna State, at a ceremony to mark the completion of the laying of the tracks for the project.

Vice President Namadi Sambo inaugurated the track-laying at Idu, Abuja, in July 2013.

In June, 2014, the Ministry of Transport also marked the attainment of 100 km of track-laying for the project in Doko, Kaduna State.

Umar said the track-laying of the rail mordernisation project was 100 per cent completed, adding however, that what was left was the electrical and communication work.

"Today, we have achieved 100 per cent track-laying of the Abuja-Kaduna Standard Rail Gauge of 186 km. What is left is the electrical and communication work which will be fully completed in a couple of weeks."

http://businessdayonline.com/2014/12/abuja-kaduna-rail-reaches-100-per-cent-completion/#.VKBx-sAU
Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by LRNZH(m): 10:22pm On Dec 28, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zaphaniah Gisalo And Yusuf Tijani Decamp From PDP To APC / Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara / Magu Gets 2 Days To Prepare Legal Defence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.