Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,208 members, 7,780,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:17 PM

2015: Sheikh Gumi Writes Open Letter, Warns Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Sheikh Gumi Writes Open Letter, Warns Buhari (704 Views)

Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari / FG Warns Buhari Against Running Parallel Government / Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Sheikh Gumi Writes Open Letter, Warns Buhari by oba009(m): 8:44am On Oct 22, 2014
2015: Sheikh Gumi Writes Open Letter, Warns Buhari
Olamide, Yesterday

Advertisement

Email017435
Well-known Islamic scholar, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi has expressed his opinion on Buhari’s intention to run against President Goodluck Jonathan in the upcoming elections, SaharaReporters reports.

The son of late famous Sheikh Abubakar Gumi, said on Tuesday morning, that he believes there will be severe implications if the ex head of state continues on his ambition to be the next president. Sheikh Gumi wrote an open letter to this effect.

Several supporters of Buhari have criticised Gumi over a letter he wrote on Goodluck and Buhari titled: The Second Round Of Goodluck Vs Buhari: A Source Of Apprehension’. Nigerians reportedly accused him of jealousy and hatred for Buhari.

Read excerpt of the Sheikh Gumi’s open letter below:

I know I have access to your privy but this is meant for others to learn also.

The prophet -peace be upon him- told one of the most honest and truthful of his companions Abu Zar Algafary: “oh Abu Zar, I truly love for you what I love for myself. I indeed see that you are weak so never accept to lead even two people and never accept safekeeping of the orphans wealth’

Advertisement

An honest and candid advice from the prophet that is still valid today for any leader who’s weakness borders on leadership qualities.

The reason for Abu Zar’s weakness has nothing to do with his credibility or truthfulness. Never! The prophet was narrated as saying: “there is nobody under the shadows of trees or bare sun that is more honest in speech than Abu Zar”

Abu Zar – May Allah be pleased with him- is ascetic and inmaterialistic. Abu Zar is incorruptible. And yet he is not suitable for leadership.

I am not claiming to be even by an atom’s weight anything close to our noble prophet, yet I am encouraged to give you this same advice by the virtue that you are not also close to Abu Zar in piety. We are living in a time of great tribulations and fitnah especially for this Ummah because of our collective iniquities, ignorance of religious instructions and the love of Dunyah.

Sir, your weakness is not in your past impeccable record of accountability of public wealth and the fight against corruption and indispiline. Your weakness is in your inability to control men compounded further by your strict and obsessive rejection of corruption.

Don’t be surprised. You may need to understand that Islam being a pragmatic religion allows the use of Zakkat and public wealth as an instrument to pacify and lure influential people for the sake of rightouness, peace and stability. In modern governance today it translate into the security vote.

Thus men are also controlled by money. So if your policy of governance is obsessibly centered on sealing tight the use of money you will have great problem with men. An Arab poet said: “a fool cannot be the leader of his people but the true leader of the people must feign foolishness”.

It’s convenient for your ardent supporters to quote copiously from the annals of history your great achievements but when your failures and weaknesses were pointed out they say that was in the past. Is the lessons of past history only good for the positive achievements? Doesn’t that also explain our incessant failures?

Your Excellency, good intentions are never enough. In the past, because of your clean records and straightforwardness you were lured by men who want only the vanities Dunya to uproot a young democracy on the caprices of fighting corruption. Corruption is no doubt an evil but there is a more monstrous evil than corruption. That is turmoil and insecurity. Peace and stability are the most important part of governance that no price is to high for them.

The lack of peace, stability and security is the major predicament of this nation since independence. So when you were naively used by men to derail one, that is the greatest disservice you committed to the nation the ills of which we are yet to recover from. Do you truly believe Allah is still not in cognizance of that? You were lead to uproot a duly elected leader and incrassate him for close to two years knowing fully well that he has no charge of even the corruption that was labeled against him. Yes, Shagari was the leader and therefore he bears all the responsibility of misdeeds in his government, so also you were a leader and you should bear all the responsibility of derailing the peace and stability of governance in this country as a consequence of that putsch.

You weakness in control of men became evident when the very people that used you to revolt against a constituted authority came back to uproot you from the seat of power. Your own kinsmen without a gun cocked in your defense. Today the corruption you were deceived to fight against has reached unimaginable level coupled with the worst state of insecurity and peace in the nation. There was just recently an attempt on your life like many of us.

All this because you the honest people that are given the privilege of strengthening the Armed forces left it to meddle in politics. We thus lost everything. Neither the power nor the security.

A believer is not stung from the same hole twice. Men used your innocence before to get power and dump you. Please be sensible today. Some other men still want to use you to get power and surely they will dump you again. You don’t share the same philosophy at all. Even though as I explained later, your obsession and philosophy of fighting corruption is not the priority of Nigeria today. What Nigeria needs utmost now is peace and stability. This can only be achieved when the religious ethnic and regional divide is tamed. And you can only tame it with people without much precedence. People without much following. Yet people that are constructive and have the ability to control men.

If Sardauna today is alive in your situation he will never contest for the presidential seat because of his deep understanding of what the nation needs. He will step down for a more acceptable younger person. It’s on record that Sardauna even at the age of under 60 said he was not going to contest again preparing his only house in Rabah for retirement.

I’ll give you a similitude to buttress my point of priority. A person seriously injured and fractured from a road traffic accident when brought to the emergency room, the first priority of the doctors is to secure an intravenous line. Meaning get a drip set working into his veins to protect his vital organs like the heart and kidneys from the effects of shock and loss of blood. The fractures even though serious and the source of the blood loss may take days and weeks before they are even attended to beside the superficial dressings.

Nigeria now needs peace and stability first. Then we talk of good governance later even though it’s the source of the predicament we are facing.

The present government has already charged the situation and played the religious divide to it’s advantage. It’s in circulation now, a SW pastor calling on Christians and the church to vote Jonathan as their only Savior. This religious card will be used to cover for his deficiency in governance.

Your Excellency, you should understand too, that many if not most of your supporters are also looking up to you to protect them from the onslaught on their religion and region. This also the Christian will never believe the otherwise. Therefore the stage is set for religious confrontation which is the least the nation needs.

What we need as a priority is peace and stability.

From my view if APC can support as an example Amaechi or Okorocha/Kwankwaso or El-Rufai or Tambuwwal ticket and the PDC will have Ukpabio/Muazu or Ribadu or Shekaru, the next four years will. – insha Allah – witness stability both in the north and south. And the electoral body will get the necessary infrastructure that subsequently the next election will be free and fair and the true reflection of Nigerians.

If you may ask, why can’t this same peace be achieved with you and another Christian running mate?

Gen. you have antagonist, and they are many and also as ardent as your supporters. Your supporters have the biggest proportion of the underprivileged of the society which is the petrol that can be easily ignited by the slightest spark. The spark will be when you’re declared the loser. And you know you can very well lose if the Christians follow their church -and why not in this era of mediocrity.

On the other hand if Jonathan comes back. BH will be real not the political one we see. The turmoil will engulf the whole country not only the north. That is why I also call on PDP to present some other candidates.

My Brother in Islam, please listen to the words of wisdom. And don’t follow the whims of the riff raff. Before they used you the first time to disrupt the second republic, my father advised you against it. Today I am also advising you against contesting in the 2015 presidential elections because you will be used to ignite the nation -a dream well orchestrated several years ago- and also be used by bad people as a ladder to grab regional and local powers.

I rest my case here.

My best regards and condolence to your recent loss.

May Allah guide you and protect you from the evil men and the jinn. Amin.

Ahmad Abubakar Mahmud Gumi

Kaduna,
Re: 2015: Sheikh Gumi Writes Open Letter, Warns Buhari by umar745(m): 8:59am On Oct 22, 2014
An Arab poet said: “a fool cannot be the leader of his people but the true leader of the people must feign foolishness”. Hence, GEJ
Re: 2015: Sheikh Gumi Writes Open Letter, Warns Buhari by delishpot: 9:01am On Oct 22, 2014
Good. Let them both leave us alone. Jonah and Buhari biko pack and go. Ehm, mean while, I need ti buy that form. I need run for that office. Naija need to get to the promise land soon.
Re: 2015: Sheikh Gumi Writes Open Letter, Warns Buhari by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 22, 2014
I love the way he uses words.
He is realy wise .
Before concluding, I'll analyse and also wait for people's reaction smiley
Re: 2015: Sheikh Gumi Writes Open Letter, Warns Buhari by chison89: 9:45am On Oct 22, 2014
Hmmm.......
Re: 2015: Sheikh Gumi Writes Open Letter, Warns Buhari by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 22, 2014
AIRDIG:

Does the fact and figure below paint a portrait of an ethnic & religion fascist?
Are the media & Internet warriors feeding us with lies?
Are we trapped in the cycle of "crowd mentality"; parroting the lies & calumny of his enemies?
Are we capable of critical thinking and common-sense logic? You be the judge!

ANALYSIS OF THE 16 POSITIONS UNDER BUHARI'S GOVT (Note that Buhari's demography is highlighted in red font)
Religion
No of Muslim: 8
No of Christian: 8

Ethnicity I
Northerner: 10 = NC: 6 , NE: 3 , NW: 1
Southerner: 6 = SE: 2, SW: 2 , SS: 2

Ethnicity II
Middle-Belter: 5
Hausa: 2 + Fulani: 1
Yoruba: 3
Igbo: 2
Niger Deltan: 2
Kanuri: 1

Key Position
Chief of staff: Muslim Northerner (Military)
Defense: Christian Northerner (Military)
Finance: Christian Southerner (Civilian)
Energy: Christian Southerner (Civilian)
Justice: Christian Southerner (Civilian)

Civilian/Military Demography
Civilian: 9
Military: 7
Re: 2015: Sheikh Gumi Writes Open Letter, Warns Buhari by o42austino(m): 10:18am On Oct 22, 2014
Wow...what a wise man, i think both GBH and GEJ should take this mans Advice and let their be peace.
Re: 2015: Sheikh Gumi Writes Open Letter, Warns Buhari by cooljude(m): 10:23am On Oct 22, 2014
where is my initial post.
Re: 2015: Sheikh Gumi Writes Open Letter, Warns Buhari by oba009(m): 1:38pm On Oct 22, 2014
well said my fellow nairalander
Re: 2015: Sheikh Gumi Writes Open Letter, Warns Buhari by brownlord: 2:21pm On Oct 22, 2014
If only we have pastor and other imams thhat reason like this man.

My love for him and respect for islam as a religion has tripled. Now can the two old men who this message was addressed listen? Can the sai buhari crew read, digest and understand where this man is coming from?
Re: 2015: Sheikh Gumi Writes Open Letter, Warns Buhari by blexxonmak(m): 3:02pm On Oct 22, 2014
A word they say is enough for d wise.Our people say that when a male lizard overstays in the farm it turns to crocodile.
Re: 2015: Sheikh Gumi Writes Open Letter, Warns Buhari by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 22, 2014
Wise words from this man I must say... There will be consequences should either of them lose the 2015 P elections, and I think that of a GEJ's loss will be higher and tougher.
But too late, GEJ should complete his 2nd, buhari can contest under PDP in 2019 and I'll personally campaign for him. Not apc PERIOD!

(1) (Reply)

Youth Assembly 2014 (the Change We Need) / Kidnappers Release Julius Berger German Staff Kidnapped In Ogun / BOMBSHELL: Boko Haram Negotiator Reveals What Boko Haram Really Wants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.