Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,945 members, 7,799,205 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

Business Idea - To Assist In The Unemployment Challenge Facing Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business Idea - To Assist In The Unemployment Challenge Facing Nigeria (1508 Views)

Dangote Pledges To Assist FG To Turnaround Nigeria’s Economy / Solving The Unemployment Problem Permanently(get Ready To Be Rich) / How To Sell A Business Idea To A Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Business Idea - To Assist In The Unemployment Challenge Facing Nigeria by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 22, 2014
Hi, bright minds on NL.

This is to everyone interested in bringing solution to the unemployment challenge we have in our dear Nigeria. I sat and thought on how best to tackle this, for how long are we going to continue waiting for our government to mop up the graduates in the labour market? How many can the private sector take? Yet our citadels of learning keeps churning out job-seekers into the hyper saturated labour market.

We cannot continue to sit and wait for miracles. What you don't want, you don't watch and whatever you don't resist has a right to remain.

I need ideas on how to go about this.

If you have good business ideas that we can implement and take a few graduates off the street, be kind enough to share.

Thanks.

No spamming or scamming as i won't be giving anyone a dime!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Business Idea - To Assist In The Unemployment Challenge Facing Nigeria by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 23, 2014
Waiting patiently.

Thanks!
Re: Business Idea - To Assist In The Unemployment Challenge Facing Nigeria by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 23, 2014
also weitin.......................
Re: Business Idea - To Assist In The Unemployment Challenge Facing Nigeria by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 24, 2014
This is serious!
Not even a suggestion on how we can deplete the unemployment market in Nigeria!
Not even a single suggestion on how we can put food on some peoples' tables.

C'mon Nairalanders, we can do better than this!

Lets put heads together and come up with a workable idea.

Thanks.
Re: Business Idea - To Assist In The Unemployment Challenge Facing Nigeria by NaLaugh: 12:55pm On Oct 24, 2014
In any attempt to excite engagement, you need to first do your part.

In this instance, all you've done is state the obvious, and asked others to do the thinking.

Start by proposing something out of your own ingenuity, and others might be compelled to
engage. Good luck.
Re: Business Idea - To Assist In The Unemployment Challenge Facing Nigeria by hisableplc(m): 3:31pm On Oct 24, 2014
exquisitelady02:
This is serious!
Not even a suggestion on how we can deplete the unemployment market in Nigeria!
Not even a single suggestion on how we can put food on some peoples' tables.

C'mon Nairalanders, we can do better than this!

Lets put heads together and come up with a workable idea.
Thanks.
Well u av done well by addressing issues frm d root....i av some ideas but they are capital intensive...so i reserve that for now in my quest for financial breakthrough i came accross AIM global was in their meeting and this really made sense to me it was empowering and am subscribing to it asap i dont sharing it with others as someone did to me likewise

1 Like

Re: Business Idea - To Assist In The Unemployment Challenge Facing Nigeria by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 24, 2014
NaLaugh:
In any attempt to excite engagement, you need to first do your part.

In this instance, all you've done is state the obvious, and asked others to do the thinking.

Start by proposing something out of your own ingenuity, and others might be compelled to
engage. Good luck.

Thanks for this eye-opening comment.

I'm on paid employment, I've thought deeply on how to assist the unemployed masses, i first thought on my talent - hairdressing - i do it effortlessly and naturally; never being to anywhere to learn it, just a natural gift.
Now, if i open up a shop, how will that help unemployment? There are innumerable salons and beauty parlours littered all over.
I need something else aside this my "hairdressing shop" idea, which will only employ school dropouts or uneducated folks.
My Opinion.
Re: Business Idea - To Assist In The Unemployment Challenge Facing Nigeria by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 24, 2014
hisableplc:

Well u av done well by addressing issues frm d root....i av some ideas but they are capital intensive...so i reserve that for now in my quest for financial breakthrough i came accross AIM global was in their meeting and this really made sense to me it was empowering and am subscribing to it asap i dont sharing it with others as someone did to me likewise

Thanks, pls would you mind sharing or do you want to inbox me?
Anyhow you want it.

I'm positive someone, somewhere on this forum has an idea that can float.

Waiting...
Re: Business Idea - To Assist In The Unemployment Challenge Facing Nigeria by hisableplc(m): 3:56pm On Oct 24, 2014
exquisitelady02:

Thanks, pls would you mind sharing or do you want to inbox me?
Anyhow you want it.

I'm positive someone, somewhere on this forum has an idea that can float.

Waiting...

i wanted to say dnt mind sharing it others in my previous post...well add me on bbm lets chat it out there and we can bring to limelight 7aabc8cb let me know wen u r done
Re: Business Idea - To Assist In The Unemployment Challenge Facing Nigeria by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 24, 2014
hisableplc:

i wanted to say dnt mind sharing it others in my previous post...well add me on bbm lets chat it out there and we can bring to limelight 7aabc8cb let me know wen u r done

I dnt use bb, pls chk ur inbox, you got mail.
Thanks.
Re: Business Idea - To Assist In The Unemployment Challenge Facing Nigeria by newacca: 5:23pm On Oct 24, 2014
"If you can't get a job, get a skill" -Abiodun A. A

Unemployment in Nigeria: We are are to blame 3 parties.
(1) Our parents, who didn't train us to prepare our minds for the worst in future, and to target becoming an employer rather than becoming an employer.

(2) Ourselves: For nothing believing in our dreams and capability, rather we wait on our parents and government to believe in our dreams, live our dreams for us and give us resources to actualize our dreams. ( I'm not saying it is bad to expect from the government, but if the system is not working in this part of the world, why don't we expand our horizon? )

(3) The government: For not making the system work for everyone. Though we can't actually hold the government, because we are actually the government. Yes! Myself, your brother, your relative, my neighbour, your old school friend, your kinsman etc are all the people making up the system. grin grin

Now, my conclusion and how to play my part.
(1) I have some vocational skills: i. Interior decoration & design (ii) Barbering (iii) Plumbing & Fitting.
I am ready to train people on any of these skills. So, if you cannot get job, why don't you get skill? People will pay you for your skills.

(2) I have a young entrepreneurs meet up group, where we share ideas and information to foster entrepreneurship in my city. Through this group, I have been able to attract some natives of the land in the diaspora, and they are already connecting with the city.

As a matter of fact, one of them has already started putting things in place to invest. While I am encouraging and supporting those at home to start their business idea by helping to come up with business models/business plans and information on sourcing for fund.

Some investors are also keeping tab on the group. smiley
Re: Business Idea - To Assist In The Unemployment Challenge Facing Nigeria by hisableplc(m): 6:42pm On Oct 24, 2014
exquisitelady02:

I dnt use bb, pls chk ur inbox, you got mail.
Thanks.

oh,k no p i will write u briefly

(1) (Reply)

Create Your Own App And Start Earning Money / Warren Buffett Sets Personal Record, Donates $3.17 Billion To Charity /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.