Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

World's First Hijab Pilot (photo) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / World's First Hijab Pilot (photo) (4328 Views)

Islamic Indonesia Fights Against The Jilboob (tight Hijab) / What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? / Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World's First Hijab Pilot (photo) by gistmelove(m): 1:10pm On Oct 22, 2014
MASHA' ALLAH
World's First Hijab Pilot ( Guinness Book of World Record Holder ) Capt. Pilot Shahnaz Laghari.

ALLAHU AKBAR

3 Likes

Re: World's First Hijab Pilot (photo) by maryam6(f): 2:36pm On Oct 22, 2014
masha ALLAH! I luv dis.
Re: World's First Hijab Pilot (photo) by maclatunji: 4:01pm On Oct 22, 2014
You mean first pilot in hijab in the world I believe...
Re: World's First Hijab Pilot (photo) by Slitz(f): 10:10pm On Oct 22, 2014
Wow! I feel so excited by this grin
Re: World's First Hijab Pilot (photo) by Empiree: 3:33am On Oct 23, 2014
maclatunji:
You mean first pilot in hijab in the world I believe...

grin grin grin
Re: World's First Hijab Pilot (photo) by zemaye: 8:17am On Oct 23, 2014
This is interesting!!!!! grin
Re: World's First Hijab Pilot (photo) by baba11(m): 9:32am On Oct 24, 2014
zemaye:
This is interesting!!!!! grin
so interesting grin grin grin
Re: World's First Hijab Pilot (photo) by Bimpe29: 10:50am On Oct 24, 2014
Good One.
Re: World's First Hijab Pilot (photo) by Question01(m): 11:14am On Oct 24, 2014
Peace onto you.

Firstly, this is not the first pilot doning an hijab or head scarf. And if by 'hijab' you mean her cloak, then do some digging, it is not only unacceptable to fly a plane in such an outfit by any airline, it is uncomfortable and unoperative. That was simply a pilot posing for a photo, she wasn't in action.

Secondly, why make so much noise about this when sharia law will hamper her proffesion, possibly forcing her into premature retirement? How on earth is a woman who according to sharia, is not permitted to travel except in company of male relatives cope with the kind of schedule that aviation demands?

Lastly, if the Qur'an granted women this kind of right/freedom 1400 years back and the West followed suit almost a century back, it is a pity that women in the middle east/muslim world are just getting the same, yet with limitation.

There is nothing to be merry about here at all. And don't be shocked, there are more shocking tales; like saudi females not getting the right to formal education untill the 50s.

Be consumed by the flames of truth. Have a nice Friday.
Re: World's First Hijab Pilot (photo) by Empiree: 1:01pm On Oct 24, 2014
^^^
Did she complain to you about her outfit being uncomfortable?. Did op ask you for unwarranted criticism of yours?. Yes, it's nothing to merry about but worthy of appreciation. You too have a nice jum'ah.

[size=15pt]Happy New Year ->Muharram 1, 1436 ->October 24, 2014[/size]
Re: World's First Hijab Pilot (photo) by gistmelove(m): 4:56pm On Oct 24, 2014
mod please today is friday, can dis topic hit front page, just to teach our muslim sister that hijab is deir pride

proudly muslim

1 Like

Re: World's First Hijab Pilot (photo) by ola20ng(m): 7:53pm On Oct 24, 2014
Bisimillah Maa shaa Allah
Re: World's First Hijab Pilot (photo) by Question01(m): 8:37am On Oct 25, 2014
Empiree:
^^^
Did she complain to you about her outfit being uncomfortable? Did op ask you for unwarranted criticism of yours?. Yes, it's nothing to merry about but worthy of appreciation. You too have a nice jum'ah.
Look, gentleman, am a very busy person and i do not have time for squabbles.

I wasn't discrediting the pilot. My point is that, this isn't a feat. No need to be blown away. One can perform any task with any outfit. But for all intent and purposes, there are recommendable and non recommendable outfits for certain tasks.

(1) (Reply)

Why Doesnt Allaah Answer Our Duaas? / Can a Musim marry his cousin? / Video of 11-Year Old Yemeni Girl Fleeing Child Marriage Is A Hoax

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.