Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,674 members, 7,801,946 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

SHAZAM® Was Useless! Please Help Me Find This Song/melody. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / SHAZAM® Was Useless! Please Help Me Find This Song/melody. (1935 Views)

Download Mp3: Danas Ft Illbliss & Duncan Mighty - My Melody (remix) / DOWNLOAD NEW MUSIC>> Danas – My Melody Remix Ft. Ill Bliss And Duncan Mighty / Are You A Fan Of Dare Melody? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SHAZAM® Was Useless! Please Help Me Find This Song/melody. by cupidhero(m): 2:03pm On Oct 22, 2014
From memories to this very day we all have songs we would love to know who made them but can't cos apps like shazam only listen through a speaker but will never have access to the very place where tunes from our past is stored. we also have heard songs being played in movies and yet can't get any info on the name of the song or melody.
Please does anyone know anything about this song,it was played in the hollywood movie "Detention®" immediately the male character defeated the villain and everything went back to normal. It was a melody actually.
Re: SHAZAM® Was Useless! Please Help Me Find This Song/melody. by cupidhero(m): 2:12pm On Oct 22, 2014
feel free to drop yours if you have a melody or song you wanna know about.
Re: SHAZAM® Was Useless! Please Help Me Find This Song/melody. by ShirelleBaby: 2:35pm On Oct 22, 2014
PASSION OF THE SOUL-jackie appiah and mahjid micheal

The song was played in the wedding-sweety sweety-i have searched endlessly for the song yet no hope
Re: SHAZAM® Was Useless! Please Help Me Find This Song/melody. by cupidhero(m): 2:49pm On Oct 22, 2014
ShirelleBaby:

The song was played in the wedding-sweety sweety-i have searched endlessly for the song yet no hope
na wa o! wish i could help but i don't do nollywood movies. if is a popular movie i'm sure someone will give you info on it.
Re: SHAZAM® Was Useless! Please Help Me Find This Song/melody. by cupidhero(m): 11:11pm On Oct 23, 2014
"Pachelbel's canon in D major".
so many music lovers won't recognize the artist and music the quote because good music is hard to find. pachelbels canon in D major is mostly used in wedding ceremonies in the west and has been referenced and sampled in pop culture and even the hip hop culture.
coolio sampled it in "i see you when you get there".
westlife sampled it in "beautiful in white"
and so many other artists have used it.The movie world is not left out too. had to drop some info about it because so many friends where asking for info on it. google and download the piano version of the timeless classic music.
Re: SHAZAM® Was Useless! Please Help Me Find This Song/melody. by cupidhero(m): 11:23pm On Oct 23, 2014
carl orff-O fortuna(carmina burana)

classical music does not get better than this. composer carl orff crafted this beautiful piece not knowing it will be an inspiration to all hollywood especially to those making score for movies set medieval times. so many people have heard it over and over again but might be wondering who composed it. it has been sampled in so many record breaking hits.
NAS-you can hate me now. this classical piece gave nas one of his best hits.any music lover with good ears can hear the piece being played in the background.
Michael Jackson used it in one of his docufilms. it has been sampled and used in so many artworks to numerous too mention.google and download this,is a must have and should i say must know for music lovers.
Re: SHAZAM® Was Useless! Please Help Me Find This Song/melody. by cupidhero(m): 11:24pm On Oct 23, 2014
Re: SHAZAM® Was Useless! Please Help Me Find This Song/melody. by cao(f): 2:01am On Oct 24, 2014
cupidhero:
From memories to this very day we all have songs we would love to know who made them but can't cos apps like shazam only listen through a speaker but will never have access to the very place where tunes from our past is stored. we also have heard songs being played in movies and yet can't get any info on the name of the song or melody.
Please does anyone know anything about this song,it was played in the hollywood movie "Detention®" immediately the male character defeated the villain and everything went back to normal. It was a melody actually.

Have no clue, plus it doesn't exactly help there's more than one US film called Detention. Your best bet is looking at the music section of the credits or checking IMDb (for said credits, if you can't rewatch the film). If it's the actual score, then that would be more difficult.
Re: SHAZAM® Was Useless! Please Help Me Find This Song/melody. by cao(f): 2:13am On Oct 24, 2014
ShirelleBaby:

Well, if you could point to the section of this, maybe get some hope in knowing what it sounds like...plus, it seems the whole saga (Naija & our three million parters) is on YouTube. Remember folks, every little helps...(why the frak am I quoting Tesco?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDYz3m0nepE

1 Like

Re: SHAZAM® Was Useless! Please Help Me Find This Song/melody. by newguy1(m): 6:45am On Oct 24, 2014
Op abeg no make i vex with u, ha for me d best app i have seen on smart phone is shazam ehmmmm. But its possible dat the song is not online or shazam didnt hear it well ...to ur question i have no song like i want dat much for now n shazam have not yet dissapoint me n hope not.
Re: SHAZAM® Was Useless! Please Help Me Find This Song/melody. by cupidhero(m): 8:13am On Oct 24, 2014
newguy1:
Op abeg no make i vex with u, ha for me d best app i have seen on smart phone is shazam ehmmmm. But its possible dat the song is not online or shazam didnt hear it well ...to ur quetion i have no song like i what dat much now n shazam have not dissapoint me yet n hope not.
True that! first of all it was a melody and it was played twice in the movie. IMDB was not helpful too,did go on youtube to listen to the soundtracks one by one and it was not listed among them. The detention movie stars hunger games sweet heart "josh hutcherson",my current device has limited capabilities so sorry my post was not well written.lost me PC/phone to burglars some days back. The truth might be that SHAZAM uses an algorithm that recognizes only lyrics and then convert the sound pattern/waves before displaying the result.The "detention" soundtrack was an instrumental/melody and there was no VOICE in it. tnx 4 ur contribution tho.
Re: SHAZAM® Was Useless! Please Help Me Find This Song/melody. by cao(f): 10:29am On Oct 24, 2014
cupidhero:

True that! first of all it was a melody and it was played twice in the movie. IMDB was not helpful too,did go on youtube to listen to the soundtracks one by one and it was not listed among them. The detention movie stars hunger games sweet heart "josh hutcherson",my current device has limited capabilities so sorry my post was not well written.lost me PC/phone to burglars some days back. The truth might be that SHAZAM uses an algorithm that recognizes only lyrics and then convert the sound pattern/waves before displaying the result.The "detention" soundtrack was an instrumental/melody and there was no VOICE in it. tnx 4 ur contribution tho.

This could mean it's the film's score (composed specifically for the film), according to Wikipedia, the film's composers are Brian & Melissa. Now the important question is was the film score released and did someone download it?
Re: SHAZAM® Was Useless! Please Help Me Find This Song/melody. by cao(f): 10:37am On Oct 24, 2014
It's might be your lucky day. Brian & Melissa actually have a Soundcloud with songs from the film.
Currently listening to Reached the End. https://soundcloud.com/brain-and-melissa/reached-the-end-detention
Wow, they also did the soundtrack to Infamous: Second Sun.
You can listen to their 6 tracks from Detention on their Soundcloud (https://soundcloud.com/brain-and-melissa/sets/detention-1)

1 Like

Re: SHAZAM® Was Useless! Please Help Me Find This Song/melody. by cupidhero(m): 12:29pm On Oct 24, 2014
cao:

This could mean it's the film's score (composed specifically for the film), according to Wikipedia, the film's composers are Brian & Melissa. Now the important question is was the film score released and did someone download it?

lets just call this unknown melody the movies theme song cos of it being played twice. in a world filled with pirates i don't think there will be any form of electronic art that can be hidden from the public. i know this melody is out their on the internet but being a wordless track makes it harder to find. i will make some request at kickass torrent and piratesbay & other torrent site to see if there is a pirate out their who can get me the song. i already know the composers and even listened to most of the tracks.i would do more thorough digging for the song. thanks for the info.
Re: SHAZAM® Was Useless! Please Help Me Find This Song/melody. by cupidhero(m): 12:36pm On Oct 24, 2014
cao:
It's might be your lucky day. Brian & Melissa actually have a Soundcloud with songs from the film.
Currently listening to Reached the End. https://soundcloud.com/brain-and-melissa/reached-the-end-detention
Wow, they also did the soundtrack to Infamous: Second Sun.
You can listen to their 6 tracks from Detention on their Soundcloud (https://soundcloud.com/brain-and-melissa/sets/detention-1)
damn these low end phones! would listen to it tomorrow when i get a new PC. i have this feeling that this is the song i'm looking for. i think the main instrument was a xylophone. if you played it please tell me you hear a xylophone filled melody?
Re: SHAZAM® Was Useless! Please Help Me Find This Song/melody. by cao(f): 8:51pm On Oct 24, 2014
cupidhero:

damn these low end phones! would listen to it tomorrow when i get a new PC. i have this feeling that this is the song i'm looking for. i think the main instrument was a xylophone. if you played it please tell me you hear a xylophone filled melody?

I believe it's Dentention Main Theme (https://soundcloud.com/brain-and-melissa/detention-main-theme-detention?in=brain-and-melissa/sets/detention-1)

(1) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD MP3: Ogagun SK Ft. Pasuma Wonder – Mukulu (prod. By Antras) / DOWNLOAD MUSIC:! Fela 2 Ft. Mr Linkorn – Listening Now / Erigga Vs Chinko Ekun Rap Battle Video/mp3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.