Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,630 members, 7,801,821 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja (5214 Views)

Patience Jonathan Blocks Aisha Buhari From Movement / Kwankwaso’s Aide, Others Defect To PDP / Is This How All Public Pry Schools Look Like In Rivers State? See (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja by AJOT99(m): 4:24pm On Oct 22, 2014
Kano state Governor, Rabi’u Musa Kwankwaso has accused the federal government of deliberately blocking him from using public places to declare his presidential aspiration in Abuja, describing the act as irritating and undemocratic.

He revealed that on two occasions, his campaign committee sought different venues in Abuja for the declaration ceremony but they were denied by the powers that be, noting that as a politician, he knows that with or without ceremonial declaration, any presidential candidate can win intra and inter party elections.

According to him, “the Eagle Square proposed venue seems to be impossible, even the International Conference Centre, as we are now struggling for an alternative venue for the declaration. So, if I fail to secure a venue, I will invite you all to the streets of Abuja, that is where we are now and we can hold it there.”

Governor Kwankwaso, who stated that political conspiracy will not deter him from pursuing his legitimate goals, recalled that in the past, he participated at least in12 elections, both primary and secondary, at various levels and scaled through numerous political intrigues.

The governor who stated this on Monday while meeting with APC stakeholders at Africa House, Kano Government House, revealed that the declaration date was originally scheduled for 21st October, 2014 to coincide with his birth day, alleging that forces in Presidency disrupted the plan. He added that the programme was shifted to 23rd October but was also allegedly aborted, assuring that despite these hiccups, the declaration would take place on the 28th of this in Abuja.

Gov. Kwankwaso use the forum to appeal to people of Kano to come out en masse to collect their permanent voter card between 7th and 9th of November this year, in the state, stressing that no one would be allowed to vote without the card. Therefore, he urged people to sacrifice these days for the exercise due to its importance in the nation’s democratic process.

The governor then informed the gathering that the date for the APC primaries in Kano is yet to be fixed, assuring that as soon as the national headquarters of the party finishes arrangements for the primaries, relevant stakeholders will be duly informed.

He maintained that although consensus would be better option for Kano APC, the party has not stopped anyone from purchasing form for the various elective positions and has no intention of denying anybody from pursuing his or her legitimate aspiration.

Meanwhile, APC stakeholders from Jigawa state have expressed support for the presidential ambition of Governor Kwankwaso, considering the way he transformed Kano state.

Chairman of the Jigawa branch of the party, Alh Ado Sani Kiri made this known to newsmen at Government House, Kano, after they held a closed-door meeting with the governor at Kano Government Houseon Monday.

Alh. Ado Kiri said Kwankwaso, as a leader of APC in Jigawa and Kano states, has put the party on the right track, adding that leaders and supporters of the party are happy with party’s activities so far.

HALILU IBRAHIM DANTIYE,- DIRECTOR OF PRESS AND PUBLIC RELATIONS TO THE GOVERNOR OF KANO STATE

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja by ddddon(m): 4:29pm On Oct 22, 2014
how him take sure say na Jonathan and not Buhari blocking his way, after all he has an opponent in Buhari, since both are gunning for presidency under APC

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja by egift(m): 4:35pm On Oct 22, 2014
Jonathan is too desperate. I still remembered how he locked out Igbo leaders in Owerri just to make sure he get endorsements.

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 22, 2014
Same way only Jonathan's election campaign billboards and posters flood Abuja.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja by Descartes: 4:41pm On Oct 22, 2014
egift:
Jonathan is too desperate. I still remembered how he locked out Igbo leaders in Owerri just to make sure he get endorsements.
Always say what you know.

26 Likes

Re: Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja by Descartes: 4:42pm On Oct 22, 2014
will not say anything on the matter until I see a credible source.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja by bamosagie(m): 4:50pm On Oct 22, 2014
ddddon:
how him take sure say na Jonathan and not Buhari blocking his way, after all he has an opponent in Buhari, since both are gunning for presidency under APC

or Atiku

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja by egift(m): 4:54pm On Oct 22, 2014
Descartes:
Always say what you know.

As I said, PDP only hope to remain in Power is for Nigerians to forget the evil they committed yesterday.

Here is the link:
Owerri Lockout Of Igbo Leaders: The Inside Story
www.nairaland.com/526761/owerri-lockout-igbo-leaders-inside

Here is the picture. They were forced to hold their meeting under the sun and refused entry to Hotel Concorde they had already paid for.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja by chinwike2(m): 4:56pm On Oct 22, 2014
Good riddance to bad rubbuish, kwankwaso deserves to be treated worse than that !

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja by Descartes: 5:06pm On Oct 22, 2014
egift:

As I said, PDP only hope to remain in Power is for Nigerians to forget the evil they committed yesterday.

Here is the link:

Here is the picture. They were forced to hold their meeting under the sun and refused entry to Hotel Concorde they had already paid for.
Have read it but has political undertone in respect of Ohakim

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja by egift(m): 5:16pm On Oct 22, 2014
Descartes:
Have read it but has political undertone in respect of Ohakim

The link is a follow up story from the main event (I was responding to you "say what you know" comment). Ohakim was the Governor of Imo then and he did not want to go against Jonathan, so respected Igbo leaders like Dr. Alex Ekwueme and others were refused entry to a Hotel Hall they had paid weeks back.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja by Descartes: 5:18pm On Oct 22, 2014
egift:

The link is a follow up story from the main event (I was responding to you "say what you know" comment). Ohakim was the Governor of Imo then and he did not want to go against Jonathan, so respected Igbo leaders like Dr. Alex Ekwueme and others were refused entry to a Hotel Hall they had paid weeks back.
It cannot be proven.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja by 2cato: 5:19pm On Oct 22, 2014
How sure are you when buhari has been crying to be a consenticus candidate?
egift:

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja by NgeneUkwenu(f): 5:19pm On Oct 22, 2014
This same way jonadafft would be locked out of the north when he comes campaigning lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Corrupt-fedora-wearing-thief!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja by egift(m): 5:22pm On Oct 22, 2014
2cato:
How sure are you when buhari has been crying to be a consenticus candidate?

I know you did not go through the posts. Scroll up, I added links and pictures of the case of Igbo leaders incident.

PDP only hope we will forget what they have done to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja by RockMaxi: 5:29pm On Oct 22, 2014

He should declare his interest anywhere. Why must it be Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja by erabe(m): 5:30pm On Oct 22, 2014
Okay its nw clear he's gonna contest. Still need a venue?
Re: Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja by Goddex: 5:31pm On Oct 22, 2014
This is laughable

Who is Kwankwaso?
GEJ will deny venue to a man who cannot even win his party's nomination?

14 Likes

Re: Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja by GODDYGEE91(m): 5:34pm On Oct 22, 2014
He can neva do a thing like this. This amount 2 a breach of fundamental human right i.e right of freedom and association. It's a lie from another paid APC blogger.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 22, 2014
No problem but he must go
Re: Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja by sleekp1: 5:40pm On Oct 22, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
This same way jonadafft would be locked out of the north when he comes campaigning lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Corrupt-fedora-wearing-thief!

This woman who ansa ibo name but pretend to be more hausa than hausa self. Always angry, no home training.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 22, 2014
Nairalanders are too foolish...

Their obsession with GEJ is sickening...

Kwankwaso is not even a bit , a threat to the power that be.

If he didn't interfer in GMB's - his greatest rival's- declaration , why would he in the case of incosequential Kwakwanso?

He should try some other sentiments abeg.

17 Likes

Re: Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja by WIZGUY69(m): 5:46pm On Oct 22, 2014
undecided
waste of time and money.
he can't even win only kano state. if he contest for presidential sit
give me fashola/buhari.
Re: Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 22, 2014
Why is he lamenting and crying ? Politics is just a game, stop being emotional Mr.....Whats the name again ? Sounds like the sound made by a pot cover on the floor of my kitchen....kwa kwa waka nso. .....j//a///n/ j///an///w///ee/////d

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja by NgeneUkwenu(f): 5:59pm On Oct 22, 2014
Billyonaire:
Why is he lamenting and crying ? Politics is just a game, stop being emotional Mr.....Whats the name again ? Sounds like the sound made by a pot cover on the floor of my kitchen....kwa kwa waka nso. .....j//a///n/ j///an///w///ee/////d

Poornaire! Another hungry boy! cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 22, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Poornaire! Another hungry boy! cheesy cheesy
Sweerie, I wish I can be hungry, so I can eat. Sometimes I wonder why I work real hard when I cant even eat much.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja by IYANGBALI: 6:13pm On Oct 22, 2014
ddddon:
see as you dey talk?if I say you be mumu now you go say I hate you,na wetin concern buhari with public venues?him no get power to do dat,but Gej does,he might not directly be the one that did it,but the hungry dogs and sycophants around him can do it. I dey always tell you that you should always use your head before you comment tongue

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja by viczing(m): 6:14pm On Oct 22, 2014
egift:

Here is the link:

Just read it . Its has nothing to do with gej, why does all this janjanweed like lying to make a point why can't yall be truthful..gosh this is poor of you lying against ya presido please get a life

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:31pm On Oct 22, 2014
Billyonaire:
Sweerie, I wish I can be hungry, so I can eat. Sometimes I wonder why I work real hard when I cant even eat much.

Keep deceiving yourself grin grin Everything about your poor background is in public domain!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja by Kinkale(m): 7:24pm On Oct 22, 2014
Desperation.. But den d source abi sauce is not credible!!

But PDP should be here by now murdering the tread!!

Halleluyah
Re: Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja by 2cato: 7:41pm On Oct 22, 2014
egift:

I know you did not go through the posts. Scroll up, I added links and pictures of the case of Igbo leaders incident.

PDP only hope we will forget what they have done to Nigeria.
clown egift have you eaten today

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja by mrborntodoit: 7:51pm On Oct 22, 2014
Mosquito bite Mallam = Gej

Okada jam iya-alakara = Gej

Abuja venue fully booked = Gej

Mr President go don sneeze tire ( if the saying "when you sneeze severally within a short period of time means that people are talking about you" is true )

Apchit e-rats and e-goats ,oya, make una samma us with una assumptions grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Function/role Of all over 5000 Obas/bales And Others In The Next 5 Years-Emperor / Convention: APC Denies Zoning Party Positions / PDP Reclaiming Their Mandate from Labour Party In Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.