Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,767 members, 7,798,559 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly - TV/Movies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly (76018 Views)

Reps Bill To Break Monopoly Of DSTV Passes Through 2nd Reading / Dstv Monopoly Too Costly For Nigerians! / Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by emmylight4u: 2:54pm On Oct 23, 2014
what is DSTV? somebody help pls
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by ChukwuCantDie: 2:55pm On Oct 23, 2014
abatically:

Nigerians are so emotional and will always shy away from the truth, that is what is killing us in this country. So because DSTV is not a Nigerian company then we must sleigh them? When HITV was available we all knew the terrible service they offered, we still patronized them until they folded up... Is that dstv's fault? Dude, Nigerian or not, u can't shy away from the truth. It is left for us to work hard and create a service that will be in the same standard to that foreign company that we so much hate. Until then, DSTV will still rule. Of u can't afford DSTV premium then pay for family. If u still want afford family then buy gotv, it is still owned by multichoice. If u can't afford neither then work harder. Or go and hang urself. From what u wrote it is very obvious who is sick in the head here.
For me it's not about being able to afford anything, I just want the oyibos gone from here along with the Lebanese and the Asians but the oyibos must go first.
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by ChukwuCantDie: 2:56pm On Oct 23, 2014
MduZA:
Everyday thousands and thousands of Nigerians are queuing for asylums in Pretoria while your leaders challenge the force of gravity with private jets...you don't even know that your economy is in the hands of foreigners(south Africans included)....keep on dreaming one day is one day

Everyday thousands of children are r4ped in South Africa..what are you going to do about it?
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by Ybholy(m): 2:58pm On Oct 23, 2014
Nice attempt ! Thats my target for a long time now ! Hmmmm , its like i will join them to fight multichoice to the last .

http://.com/2014/10/23/dear-love-doctormy-boyfriend-cheats-meshould-cheat/
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 23, 2014
ChukwuCantDie:
That's a s.tu.pi.d thing to say, something i would expect to hear from a white racist. Blacks(mainly afro-americans) have invented many things that members of the kkk and nazis use everyday, but do you think they will stop using them? Also the internet was not invented solely by whites it was an American government project comprising multiple races.

The modern day computer you are using right now was invented by an African-American, Mark Dean. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Dean_%28computer_scientist%29 he also invented the colour PC monitor.

Also the blueprint for the first ever phone was drawn by an African-American by the name of Lewis Latimer, he also invented the light bulb.

You know the reason we use English as a lingua franca so why would you say that? You want me to speak Zulu? I'm a IGBO Not a Zulu/Xhosa slave.

all these revisionist pan africanists

did you not do basic computer training in school, or are you a startk illiterate?
blaise pascal, charles babbage, are the inventors of the computer forerunner

the modern compuer is based off transistors invented by white men

the light bulb was invented by thomas edison

the phone by graham bell

people like you are the worst thing that ever happened to the black man.

the Asians do not spend time blathering about a real or imagined past, they focus on the future.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by ChukwuCantDie: 3:01pm On Oct 23, 2014
adconline:

Another clone of stupidity. Average South black lives better than average Nigerian. Their GDP per capita is above $6k while date of Naija is $3k. RSA workers earn higher minimum wage than Naija. RSA govt provides housing, medical and social welfare to the poor unlike in Naija where the poor are taxed. Do you know why Kerosine is sold to the poor at the highest price -N250/litre while Petrol is sold N97 to the rich and middle class?
South Africa - World murder capital
South Africa - World r4pe capital
South Africa - World child r4pe capital
South Africa - World AIDS capital
South Africa - World's most unequal society(whites earn 7 times more than the blacks) So dont talk about your GDP, you st.u.pid 1di0t.
South Africa - World theft capital
South Africa - Home to more gang members than the rest of Africa combined
South Africa - Highest crime rate in Africa
South Africa - Home to the only gay pride parade in Africa
South Africa - Home to the worlds dumbest people.(World Economic Forum) yearly rankings, Go Google that yourself.)
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by ChukwuCantDie: 3:04pm On Oct 23, 2014
oyb:

all these revisionist pan africanists

did you not do basic computer training in school, or are you a startk illiterate?
blaise pascal, charles babbage, are the inventors of the computer forerunner

the modern compuer is based off transistors invented by white men

the light bulb was invented by thomas edison

the phone by graham bell

people like you are the worst thing that ever happened to the black man.

the Asians do not spend time blathering about a real or imagined past, they focus on the future.
Who allowed this white demon child on our forum?
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by MadCow1: 3:06pm On Oct 23, 2014
ChukwuCantDie:
Okay, so you have just admitted to everybody that you are sick in the head, i rest my case. Forgot to add I drive an Innoson SUV. Have a nice day.

Admitted you said; It's my user I.D.. grin

You drive an Innoson SUV huh? Good for you.. Did you know that your innosn SUV (I am guessing the IVMG5) is the exact same car (just a lower version in terms of 'option') as the Gonow Asooed G5, which is the original and is manufactured by a Chinese company called GAC motors.

So technically, you drive a Chinese car that's assembled in Nigeria under a different name. grin

I am sure you don't need to be told that the Chinese treat Niggas worse than Europeans and are only topped by the Indians..

Buts I am sure you also knew this.. grin

Have a good day too kimosabe.. cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by MduZA: 3:09pm On Oct 23, 2014
[quote author=ChukwuCantDie post=27386351]Everyday thousands of children are raped in South Africa..what are you going to do about it?[/
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by ghost08(m): 3:09pm On Oct 23, 2014
Let's see how it goes
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by freeman67: 3:11pm On Oct 23, 2014
Long overdue..but better late than never.....! This is a welcome development. waiting to see the outcome.
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by chidibond(m): 3:11pm On Oct 23, 2014
Who still watches dstv?
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 23, 2014
MadCow1:

Admitted you said; It's my user I.D.. grin

You drive an Innoson SUV huh? Good for you.. Did you know that your innosn SUV (I am guessing the IVMG5) is the exact same car (just a lower version in terms of 'option') as the Gonow Asooed G5, which is the original and is manufactured by a Chinese company called GAC motors.

So technically, you drive a Chinese car that's assembled in Nigeria under a different name. grin

I am sure you don't need to be told that the Chinese treat Niggas worse than Europeans and are only topped by the Indians..

Buts I am sure you also knew this.. grin

Have a good day too kimosabe.. cool

ouch cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by adconline(m): 3:16pm On Oct 23, 2014
ChukwuCantDie:
That's a s.tu.pi.d thing to say, something i would expect to hear from a white racist. Blacks(mainly afro-americans) have invented many things that members of the kkk and nazis use everyday, but do you think they will stop using them? Also the internet was not invented solely by whites it was an American government project comprising multiple races.

The modern day computer you are using right now was invented by an African-American, Mark Dean. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Dean_%28computer_scientist%29 he also invented the colour PC monitor.

Also the blueprint for the first ever phone was drawn by an African-American by the name of Lewis Latimer, he also invented the light bulb.

You know the reason we use English as a lingua franca so why would you say that? You want me to speak Zulu? I'm a IGBO Not a Zulu/Xhosa slave.
Deluded mind speaking! You are intellectually unsound to make these wild allegations. Internet is a product of DARPA, a branch of US military. BTW, Innoson still uses Cummins Engines made in USA and Engines made in China.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by MduZA: 3:18pm On Oct 23, 2014
ChukwuCantDie:
Everyday thousands of children are r4ped in South Africa..what are you going to do about it?

we shall deport all illegal immigrants who are molesting our children....

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 23, 2014
adconline:

Deluded mind speaking! You are intellectually unsound to make these wild allegations. Internet is a product of DARPA, a branch of US military. BTW, Innoson still uses Cummins Engines made in USA and Engines made in China.

abeg dont mind these beer parlor road side quasi intellectual miss road pan africanist wannabes

clones of elijah muhammed. the only thing they can do is spread a bizarre mantra of hatred from a position of weakness

2 Likes

Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by MadCow1: 3:22pm On Oct 23, 2014
adconline:

What a display of arrogant idiocy! So it's better to be a slave to fellow black man? It's better for Asians to be our economic slave master in our country? Big time generator importers like Mikano, JMG, Jubaili, Leventis, Mantrac and SAKR are still selling white man's products like Perkins, Lister Petter, Cummins, CAT.

He uses Innoson gen.. grin

Pfft!! I just remembered that those are also Chinese in origin..

This nigga may just have to commit suicide to avoid western influence. grin

Even the rope, gun, knife and stuff would all have western influence of some sort.. grin

Drowning!! Drowning in his village pool!! That the solution.. grin

3 Likes

Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by MduZA: 3:23pm On Oct 23, 2014
But all these can't stop Nigerians to flock to SA like flies....

ChukwuCantDie:

South Africa - World's most unequal society(whites earn 7 times more than the blacks) So dont talk about your GDP, you st.u.pid 1di0t.
South Africa - Home to the worlds dumbest people.(World Economic Forum) yearly rankings, Go Google that yourself.)

2 Likes

Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by adconline(m): 3:24pm On Oct 23, 2014
ChukwuCantDie:

Only if u had used Google to find the meaning of average.. Naija black slave master-Politrickian earns 1000 times higher than average Naija honest worker!
Your black slave masters seek for medical treatment in a white man's country. OBJ's wife died in Spain. Yar'dua died in Saudi Arabia, GEJ and Co go to Germany.. Nelson Mandela was treated in RSA and died in his country. IBB's wife died in USA.

6 Likes

Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by horlus(m): 3:30pm On Oct 23, 2014
Nigerian government..... . So they knew all this while that we have been suffering in the hands of
dstv I and my friend discussed last month that the best way to deal with south Africa regarding the 9.3m dollars scandal and their refusal to cooperate initially is to cripple dstv In nigeria who makes far more than that amount monthly. And here we are just like magic our reps are working to do that. Everyone just watch how the 9.3m scandal would conclude.
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by adconline(m): 3:35pm On Oct 23, 2014
MadCow1:

He uses Innoson gen.. grin

Pfft!! I just remembered that those are also Chinese in origin..

This nigga may just have to commit suicide to avoid western influence. grin

Even the rope, gun, knife and stuff would all have western influence of some sort.. grin

Drowning!! Drowning in his village pool!! That the solution.. grin
Don't mind the clown! He's going to fly on US/EU made airplanes. He's typing on US/Japanese/Korean made computers. Seagate and Western Digital, both American companies control over 85% market share of Hard Drives running in ur computer. What a digital western slavery. BTW, AMD and Intel, both US companies, control over 90% market share of processors running in your PC.. Another western slavery?? Nigerians like him are the reason behind why average Naija has IQ of 68..

7 Likes

Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by kgr28(m): 4:07pm On Oct 23, 2014
ChukwuCantDie:

Is people like you that make nigeria and its people look dumb..

While you were busy googling SA.....why didnt you google symptoms for dumb people like!!!

2 Likes

Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by khukhi(f): 4:09pm On Oct 23, 2014
kgr28:

Duh thats my point...

Sorry you're right bro I was in a hurry when I posted that . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I meant to actually support your statement.

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by khukhi(f): 4:12pm On Oct 23, 2014
MduZA:
But all these can't stop Nigerians to flock to SA like flies....

lipsrsealed tjo!tjo!tho!

How did we come to this now....let me go back to reading from page 3
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by khukhi(f): 4:12pm On Oct 23, 2014
iyobs7:
Funny to read this post...

Una dey give them light take dey power their equipment?

Una want make them come use money buy diesel and fuel take power their generators and plants, ontop of that come make am cheap?!

Una nor know wetin dey worry una head...

Anoda person say dstv nor clear and audio quality bad, abeg go throway ur tv biko
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by Mboi: 4:14pm On Oct 23, 2014
Anyi3:
Let them just bring pay per view biko
Gbam! Ife nkea akalia.
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by PLEXPLEX(m): 4:15pm On Oct 23, 2014
firstolalekan
Nice development.
*modified *
Let's wait and see how long it will take before
any bill is passed and implemented. When it
comes to making laws that will benefit the
common man, we know how our reps and
senators behave.
But, it didn't take them anytime to approve the
borrowing of ONE BILLION DOLLARS proposed by
the clown to FIGHT the bokohaRAMS that they're
currently negotiating PEACE with.
Meanwhile, I don't see DSTV doing any monopoly
here. Our own indigenous providers too are very
greedy!
How much is Dasat subscription?
How much is Startimes subscription?
How much is Hitv subscription?

Of course there is big monopoly @ firstolalekan...Dstv cant be as cheap as Startimes, Dasat & even the Hitv otherwise we wont be talking about this. It is even cheaper in South Africa n other African nations but i don't all SA firms in Nigeria seem to exploit us too much take MTN for instance.
Isnt it funny that with all our open eye this SA firm go dey finish us like so...imagine, we re still been charged even when u not watching.....it not so in SA n even Kenya
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by fikie(f): 4:22pm On Oct 23, 2014
I hope they work on it. Nice one
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by khukhi(f): 4:23pm On Oct 23, 2014
MadCow1:
The House of Reps Members are clueless I swear..

DSTV does not have any monopoly, they are simply the best in the Market and thats why all their competitors cant keep up. #Period.

The moment the reps fhuck with Multichoice, they would either water down their programming to match whatever rates the government imposes of them or pack up and leave..

The competition that came in the form of HITV saw how difficult the satellite game was and folded up.

Cable TV is not cheap anywhere in the world. DSTV prices are almost similar across Africa.. WHy is it Nigerians that keep complaining as if DSTV is part of their fundamental human right as a Nigerian. Why has the House of Reps not audited NTA to find out why the biggest Government owned Television station in Africa is so useless.

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by khukhi(f): 4:34pm On Oct 23, 2014
MadCow1:
Nigerians are their own worst Enemy

Good Move people say.. I laugh.

Has anybody bothered to ask why DSTV is the King of African Satellite Television?! The answer is simple;

1.Innovation.. Lets look back to when the cable satellite game started in ernest in Nigeria. It was DSTV with that Giant Dish that takes almost 3 days to install and Multi-cipher (or something like that). Multicipher didnt blow up because they didnt have as much programmes and content as DSTV. In the period between when the cable game started and now, DSTV has gone from through about 3 sizes of Dish each better than the next. DSTV has gone through many evolutions in the cable box, from the standard single view box, to the dual view to the HD PVR box to the Explora box presently and you and I know that it wouldnt take more than 4 years for the next best thing from DSTV to drop.

They simply dont stop thinking up ways to improve on their product and brand name.

2. Programme Content. Whereas all other Cable companies just steal free-to-air stations like Star Movies, Star World, Trace, CNN, Al-Jezerra, Cartoon Network and co from Arab and Indian satellites, DSTV actually owns the right to their content. Meaning, they invested in actually developing programme content. SO they get the rights to air the stations from the original owners and then modify it for their purpose before putting it out. Thats why even the MTV base from DSTV varies with that from the Arabs.

HITV came in and thought the bane of DSTV's monopoly was their Football broadcast rights.. grin So they plotted a hostile takeover by paying way too darn much for the broadcast license, limiting DSTV to just 1 or 2 matches. What they forgot was that DSTV was more than soccer. Soccer was only 3 hours max on certain days out of their entire programme schedule. So what do they have to offer on days when the EPL is off? NOTHING.. What about kids programming?! NOTHING... What of the mums that love African Movies and stuff? Nothing.. Thats what killed HITV... They looked only at football.. grin Poor business strategy..

3. Customer Service. When you call their helpline, they answer. They even automated their system with the SMS auto help system. Making it easy to access help even in the middle of the night.

4. Marketing.. DSTV is the King of Programme marketing. At every point in the Calender year, DSTV has atleast 2 key programmes running. Now we have the EPL, Champions League, Carling Cup, X-factor, Idols, Big Brother, Project Fame, **** got talent, e.t.c.. Their is never a time when something isnt on T.V to watch.

5. Quality.. If not for DSTV, Nigerians would not even be able to watch matches being played in Nigeria on T.V. AIT, NTA, SILVERBIRD, e.t.c all dont have the capacity to broadcast local events live and in good picture. Its so shameful. Until DSTV came into the game, Nigerians did not even know what a Nigerian Local League Game looked like nor the atmosphere of it. DSTV brings you the CAF Nations cup, womens football, Nigerian League, Zambian league, Southafrican league, etc live and in High definition.

Infact, the stations with the worst picture quality on DSTV are all the Nigerian Stations .. grin

Let poverty mentality not eat away our ability to reason well. DSTV is the king because they are just too darn good. If you want quality,, then you have got to pay for it cos it means someone is working hard to bring you the best.

These South Africans know how to do business in Africa. They understand the business clime and strive to be the best. Look at MTN for example. Whislt Econet and Nitel were busy coasting, they were investing billions to take over the market fastest. Today, though they have kind of peaked and their network over packed, they are still number one amongst all only followed by the Arabs (Etisalat).

I love my DSTV cos their is no alternative.. I support the free market system. The day a better company comes, DSTV will no longer be the king.

And just so you know, the price of DSTV subscirption is almost uniform across africa (factoring in exchange rates and clime). Also, premium cable costs money. Those in the UK and the U.S should tell us how much their 'FULL' subscription package on their SKY digiboxes, Bell Tv, Rogers TV, AT&T and co costs..

Brilliant post.
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 23, 2014
Billyonaire:
I pay N13,800 for premium, and I pay it annually, but the annoying thing is, even though I pay for Premium, I still spend over N5,000 on Box Office to rent movies per month on the Explora Decoder. This is not the worst, the worst is that their customer service number is MTN, and you pay for calling customer service and listening to nonsense music while waiting for a customer service attendant that might not even pick the call, so you end up paying for listening to music and shit......
Omg! That is pure exploitation. In most parts of the world, calling customer service is free.

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by khukhi(f): 4:42pm On Oct 23, 2014
stanisbaratheon:

one thousand billion grin

gringringrin finally resolved! Maths was never my strong point lol! I really wanted to answer but couldn't risk embarrassing myself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

NTA Presenter Applies Makeup Live On Air (Photos) / Bbnaija: 2face Idibia Supports Kiddwaya / What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.