Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,982 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job (15042 Views)

Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job / Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call / Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job by M4gunners: 6:19am On Oct 23, 2014
Joke of the year.
Re: Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job by penny01502: 6:21am On Oct 23, 2014
super eagles and NFF stories are no longer interesting to me,
I really have time for this eagle guys during the time of black and white sanyo standing tv.
a time I don't know Arsenal and Wenger in existence.
now my plama tv and my precious time are so expensive to use on eagles match.

1 Like

Re: Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job by RockMaxi: 6:25am On Oct 23, 2014
Was this not the same reaction the last time...shocked

Re: Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job by nationwide1(m): 6:26am On Oct 23, 2014
He spoke like a real boss, mature and sincere but he should not forget that his country men are like grave- never satisfied. Any slip connotes calling for his head no matter his past performances. Good luck to him.
Re: Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job by politricks: 6:38am On Oct 23, 2014
Dygeasy:
Yeah with his eyes like a frog's grin
LMAO
Re: Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job by onyiiolivera(f): 6:44am On Oct 23, 2014
dis man looks very funny. well lets see his magics.

am just observing himmmmm
Re: Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job by buchi2020(m): 6:55am On Oct 23, 2014
There can be only two type of coaches the fired and yet to be fired.
Re: Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job by MacluvPH(m): 7:03am On Oct 23, 2014
Shuaibu forget it nearly is not killing a bird,you almost doesn't mean u did but u should becareful because those idiots at the glass house will still dump you as usual.
Re: Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job by ROCKJ1(m): 7:04am On Oct 23, 2014
mobolaji88:
Nigerians by now should know already that the super eagles have lost any hope or chances of winning or even qualifying for the next year AFCON.
you need to understand the rudiments of football my dear.
Re: Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 23, 2014
ROCKJ1:
you need to understand the rudiments of football my dear.
but by removing keshi, dont u think they've done something negative to the players' moral? I dnt nid to be a football fan to knw this
Re: Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job by MORNDEW(m): 7:47am On Oct 23, 2014
ROSSIKE:

Never mind looks, that guy is one of the best tacticians we have in this country. He has delivered when called upon in the past.
which best tactician, what has he won. What is his pedigree. Abeg dis is not politics o
Re: Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job by Bobbyjay001(m): 7:54am On Oct 23, 2014
free2ryhme:
Amodu stop lying

did you not prayed, "father let thy will be done" ?

undecided
Hmmmmm! Ki le leyi?
Re: Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job by Gorgeous58(f): 7:56am On Oct 23, 2014
Almost? But you didn't
Re: Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 23, 2014
Suarezilla:
See this one sef wan to dey claim coach..if dem dey call coach him sef go dey open mouth down ...mmtttewww!

Smh for this new generation Nigerian football watchers who don't know Amodu Shuaibu.

2 Likes

Re: Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 23, 2014
MORNDEW:

which best tactician, what has he won. What is his pedigree. Abeg dis is not politics o

Smh. Go and check his records. He is the most successful Nigerian coach, arguably more than Keshi despite the latter winning ANC.

Qualified Nigeria for 2 World Cups
Won at least 3 Nations cup medals for Nigeria
Won laurels for a number of Nigerian leagues clubs.

2 Likes

Re: Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job by nijanigga: 8:16am On Oct 23, 2014
I'm shocked this guy took the job, after how many times he was disgraced? No shame when it's comes to money, money for hand back for ground.
Re: Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job by spanzed(m): 9:08am On Oct 23, 2014
Amodu!Amodu!!Shaibu Amodu!!!Idonbilivit!!!you wan lie say you no happy when peakmilk give you dat job...
Re: Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job by mekuzoil(m): 9:23am On Oct 23, 2014
TOPCRUISE:
IKE UCHE STILL HAS NO BUSINESS IN THAT TEAM FOLLOWING HIS PREVIOUS ATTITUDE. THE MEDIA ARE JUST OVER-HYPING HIM

Does the team belong to you? Are you going to decide for the coach? If that young man is destined to play for the team, I dont think your hatred can stop him.
Re: Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job by roymary: 9:56am On Oct 23, 2014
politricks:
I dont know why i dislike this guy.Maybe its because he looks somehow dull.

He's actually dull. What sane group of people takes this over Keshi
Re: Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job by mecussey(m): 10:01am On Oct 23, 2014
politricks:

me too...but he speaks intelligently well.
Re: Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:16am On Oct 23, 2014
mekuzoil:

Does the team belong to you? Are you going to decide for the coach? If that young man is destined to play for the team, I dont think your hatred can stop him.
Nobody hates him. That's what he thinks. That is why he replied Keshi as reported, when he was invited to play for the national team that he needs an explanation about somebody saying he was a bad boy.
Re: Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job by robosky02(m): 10:20am On Oct 23, 2014
Re: Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job by Godsate: 10:22am On Oct 23, 2014
who asked u.
Re: Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job by xtervaganza(m): 10:22am On Oct 23, 2014
ROSSIKE:

Never mind looks, that guy is one of the best tacticians we have in this country. He has delivered when called upon in the past.
not better than Keshi though
Re: Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job by ecoheight: 10:31am On Oct 23, 2014
Omodu is good and should be given a long term coaching contract no matter the initial productivity.

The problem is that we Nigerians are expecting too much from a half feed team.

However, he knows the business of football more than any other Nigerian coach.
Re: Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job by coolvitus(m): 11:24am On Oct 23, 2014
4 how long will u be there? U knw how it is becoz u are not going anywhere unless u change look 4 quality players and not inviting old kagos who are week and tired.
Re: Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job by dom(m): 11:47am On Oct 23, 2014
politricks:
well, depends on when you started knowing him. Watch our 1995 friendly with England and see how clean and handsome he looked. You too go wowo as you advance in age and with its attendant senescent debilities .
Re: Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job by emoo4: 11:51am On Oct 23, 2014
embarassed Do i sense failure? Not coached at high level in four years!
Re: Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job by politricks: 12:10pm On Oct 23, 2014
dom:

well, depends on when you started knowing him. Watch our 1995 friendly with England and see how clean and handsome he looked. You too go wowo as you advance in age and with its attendant senescent debilities .
GOD FORBID.Is Buhari,oba of lagos e.t.c not older him?,yet they dont look so dull.
Re: Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job by Suarezilla(m): 12:49pm On Oct 23, 2014
Jarus:

Smh for this new generation Nigerian football watchers who don't know Amodu Shuaibu.
Wat is dis one talking sef? If Amodu was dt good why do they keep using hiim for qualification matches only? Keshi wey start yesterday don even carry us go world cup...I maintain my stand bro!
Re: Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job by femilosh: 12:54pm On Oct 23, 2014
My sincere question is....is Amodu technically better than Keshi?? ...he s bn hiding for some times now....in his hiding places, was he taking refresher courses in couchin?? if above are truely, yes....he will likely perform better than Keshi...if above are truely no, he will likely perform worse than keshi...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Beat Italy 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup). / AFCON 2023 - Nigeria Versus Cote D’ivoire: Rate The Super Eagles Performance / Mobile - SUREBET247.COM - Mobile Bonus Registration Link

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.