Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Teach Your Daughter! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Teach Your Daughter! (1593 Views)

Would You Advice Your Daughter/son To Marry Someone Like You? / Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant / 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teach Your Daughter! by smartmom(f): 9:05pm On Oct 22, 2014
Read this piece in the nigeriaparentsforum.com and just had to share this here:[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#000099][/color]

A friend passed this to me and I had to share this wonderful piece:

'We need to teach our daughters to distinguish between......

A man who FLATTERS her and a man who COMPLIMENTS her\

A man who SPENDS money on her and a man who INVESTS in her

A man who views her as a PROPERTY and a man who views her PROPERLY

A man who LUSTS after her and a man who LOVES HER

A man who believes he is a gift to WOMEN and a man who believes she is a gift to HIM

And we need to teach our sons what kind of man to be

Anonymous

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Teach Your Daughter! by nomabeeee(f): 9:33pm On Oct 22, 2014
smiley yes we need to its important..and also married or single we should make out time to pray for them too...don't forget..teaching them all they need to know is not a guarantee that they wuldnt be layed astray..thank u lord for my girl-child who is all taught of u..vry smart,beautiful and intelligent..*smiles*

1 Like

Re: Teach Your Daughter! by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 22, 2014
It is a very good and urgently needed lesson. Ladies mistakes every brother for a "maga", and the fear of being called mumu is the beginning of wisdom. Good men are now afraid of rendering a helping hand to a sis even without attachment cos sis will likely take u as a mumu later.
For me and my "family", no help and no ble.ep till marraige

1 Like

Re: Teach Your Daughter! by MykLANNY(m): 10:07pm On Oct 22, 2014
Oro agba... They shud also teach her to learn how to spend humility and reference

1 Like

Re: Teach Your Daughter! by 5minsmadness: 4:08pm On Oct 23, 2014
[quote author=smartmom post=27367732]Read this piece in the nigeriaparentsforum.com and just had to share this here:[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#000099][/color]

A man who FLATTERS her and a man who COMPLIMENTS her\ -no difference, both still want to sleep with her.

A man who SPENDS money on her and a man who INVESTS in her--- same thing Jo. Invest your money so you can Bleep her. Spend on her to impress her so you can Bleep her.

A man who views her as a PROPERTY and a man who views her PROPERLY----a man who views her properly will end of viewing her as his property...and isn't this what she really wants in the long run?

A man who LUSTS after her and a man who LOVES HER...a husband who doesn't lust after the woman he loves will eventually lust after someone else.©5minsmadness,2014.

A man who believes he is a gift to WOMEN and a man who believes she is a gift to HIM-----Oh, so a man can't believe he is a gift to women but she can believe she is a gift to men?

And we need to teach our sons what kind of man to be...waiting for this..
Re: Teach Your Daughter! by Kanwulia: 5:05pm On Oct 23, 2014
The difference between a BOYFRIEND and a HUSBAND. . . before marriage. cool

And the difference between a HUSBAND and a SUGAR-DADDY. . . .after marriage! kiss

To survive in AFRICA. . .SHE MUST BE AN ASHAWO!

Period! cool

1 Like

Re: Teach Your Daughter! by EfemenaXY: 10:04am On Oct 24, 2014
smartmom:
Read this piece in the nigeriaparentsforum.com and just had to share this here:[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#000099][/color]

A man who FLATTERS her and a man who COMPLIMENTS her\

A man who SPENDS money on her and a man who INVESTS in her

A man who views her as a PROPERTY and a man who views her PROPERLY

A man who LUSTS after her and a man who LOVES HER

A man who believes he is a gift to WOMEN and a man who believes she is a gift to HIM

And we need to teach our sons what kind of man to be

Anonymous

Why is the emphasis on teaching daughters?

What should the sons be taught? Or don't they count?

1 Like

Re: Teach Your Daughter! by smartmom(f): 10:23am On Oct 24, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Why is the emphasis on teaching daughters?

What should the sons be taught? Or don't they count?

Sure teach your son which type of man in the categories mentioned above to select, dats all smiley
Re: Teach Your Daughter! by smartmom(f): 10:25am On Oct 24, 2014
[quote author=5minsmadness post=27388302][/quote]

Ok guy teach YOUR daughter that ok? its a free world
Re: Teach Your Daughter! by EfemenaXY: 10:26am On Oct 24, 2014
smartmom:

Sure teach your son which type of man in the categories mentioned above to select, dats all smiley

I don't think "select" is the right word to use.

Every parent should endeavor to teach their sons to be proper gentlemen with the ultimate respect for women. That way, our daughters won't need to have eyes at the back of their head or 10th senses trying to figure out a man's true intentions.

1 Like

Re: Teach Your Daughter! by smartmom(f): 10:33am On Oct 24, 2014
Matter of fact, my sons will NOT disrespect womanhood, they already view women as special wonderful beings to be cherished and appreciated. This is what they have seen and learnt all their lives. On the other hand because not all men have the privilege or fortune to receive adequate counselling, I will teach my daughter to distinguish between a hero and a villain(trying to be mild) to protect her.
Re: Teach Your Daughter! by EfemenaXY: 10:35am On Oct 24, 2014
^^ True that. But you get my point though. For any real headway to be made, it's just got to work both ways. For both sexes.

2 Likes

Re: Teach Your Daughter! by smartmom(f): 10:42am On Oct 24, 2014
True True, just wish parents especially fathers would teach and act the right way for sons to learn

1 Like

Re: Teach Your Daughter! by 5minsmadness: 10:42am On Oct 24, 2014
smartmom:
Matter of fact, my sons will NOT disrespect womanhood, they already view women as special wonderful beings to be cherished and appreciated. This is what they have seen and learnt all their lives.
Dhahahahha ;Dhahahahahahha grin
They are so gonna get used!
It may not be too late. You better start teaching them that not all girls are princesses, some of them are witches in bridal gowns, gold-diggers behind their innocent faces and manipulative bitches in pretty dresses.
Not all girls are made of sugar spice and everything nice. Let them know now else they'll be very cross with u in the future.

1 Like

Re: Teach Your Daughter! by EfemenaXY: 10:57am On Oct 24, 2014
5minsmadness:

And you wonder why Nigeria is the way it is? You're part of the problem!

5minsmadness:
It may not be too late. You better start teaching them that not all girls are princesses, some of them are witches in bridal gowns, gold-diggers behind their innocent faces and manipulative bitches in pretty dresses.

Speak for yourself man!

I presume the description above includes all female members of your family?

5minsmadness:
Not all girls are made of sugar spice and everything nice. Let them know now else they'll be very cross with u in the future.

Well, I can tell you for a fact that my daughter is made of sugar and spice and everything nice.

2 Likes

Re: Teach Your Daughter! by smartmom(f): 11:07am On Oct 24, 2014
5minsmadness:

Are you by any chance suggesting I teach them to 'use' the women that come their way instead?

Sorry but they wont be 'fishing' in those waters anyway so like will attract like.

I am very sorry if all the girls you have met are gold digger bitches brands but I assure you, there are many decent girls out there

1 Like

Re: Teach Your Daughter! by smartmom(f): 11:27am On Oct 24, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Speak for yourself man!

Well, I can tell you for a fact that my daughter is made of sugar and spice and everything nice.

I believe you jare...now how can my sons meet this sweet princess wink I promise you, all three boys are well trained. Anyone of them.
Re: Teach Your Daughter! by EfemenaXY: 11:39am On Oct 24, 2014
smartmom:

I believe you jare...now how can my sons meet this sweet princess wink I promise you, all three boys are well trained. Anyone of them.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Don't mind Mr 5MinutesMadness with his negativity.

Ahem...re: my daughter...it's complicated o!

~ She's the last child and only girl from a long, long, line of brothers...
~ She's daddy's pet

Re: training...can your boys:

~ Cook African Dishes, including Egusi Soup, Ogbolo Soup, Banga Soup, Pepper Soup, and Owho soup served with Starch and Boiled Yams?
~ Can they clean? Do they know how to operate (at the very least) the Washing Machine, Dishwasher, and Condenser / Tumble dryer?
~ Can they change a baby's soiled nappy? Entertain babies under one year old? And whilst feeding them, exercise love, patience, and care?
~ Can they help out with school runs, homework, and push a buggy to the park?
~ Do they know the importance of a girl taking the whole day off to wash her hair?

And finally, in line with our culture, are they willing to clear an acre of farmland to prove they're worthy of her hand? Okay..okay...that was in my grandmother's time...but I do have front and back gardens that need to be mowed every now and then, especially with the rains of recent..

See, we don't do big bride price in my area o! Just so the few items I listed there should be okay. I'll look for some more to add to the list though... tongue cool cool

1 Like

Re: Teach Your Daughter! by 5minsmadness: 11:47am On Oct 24, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Yes I am! So is everyone else on this forum who keeps on suggesting divorce at the drop of a hat wink

Speak for yourself man!

Yeeeees and yours included if you couldn't read the bolded on my quote cheesy

5minsmadness:

Of course you'd say so, she's your daughter isn't she? The perfect little bunion and apple of your eye cheesy

The truth is nice guys have a tendency to finish last! Hard fact but true! That was why in my initial post I wanted to see what op was going to teach her sons. If they don't open their eyes wella they are going to be mugu redial buttons on some smart girl's phone grin
The Real world is far different from Walt Disney!

2 Likes

Re: Teach Your Daughter! by pickabeau1: 11:49am On Oct 24, 2014
5minsmadness:

-_-
^^ Dude.. when are u completing our zombie book undecided
Re: Teach Your Daughter! by 5minsmadness: 11:54am On Oct 24, 2014
smartmom:

Are you by any chance suggesting I teach them to 'use' the women that come their way instead?

Sorry but they wont be 'fishing' in those waters anyway so like will attract like.

I am very sorry if all the girls you have met are gold digger bitches brands but I assure you, there are many decent girls out there

Oh, really? That is so good to know cry Ayam touched cry grin

See smartmom. Teach your sons to be gentlemen but also teach them to be wary of decietful women. If they think all women are princesses they will fall. Hard. And when they start fishing in other waters and using same womenas objects the same women will call them dogs! So teach them to be romantic but smart as well!
Re: Teach Your Daughter! by smartmom(f): 11:54am On Oct 24, 2014
EfemenaXY:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Don't mind Mr 5MinutesMadness with his negativity.

Ahem...re: my daughter...it's complicated o!

~ She's the last child and only girl from a long, long, line of brothers...
~ She's daddy's pet

~ Cook African Dishes, including Egusi Soup, Ogbolo Soup, Banga Soup, Pepper Soup, and Owho soup served with Starch and Boiled Yams?
~ Can they clean? Do they know how to operate (at the very least) the Washing Machine, Dishwasher, and Condenser / Tumble dryer?
~ Can they change a baby's soiled nappy? Entertain babies under one year old? And whilst feeding them, exercise love, patience, and care?
~ Do they know the importance of a girl taking the whole day off to wash her hair?

And finally, in line with our culture, are they willing to clear an acre of farmland to prove they're worthy of her hand? Okay..okay...that was in my grandmother's time...but I do have front and back gardens that need to be mowed every now and then, especially with the rains of recent..

See, we don't do big bride price in my area o! Just so the few items I listed there should be okay. I'll look for some more to add to the list though... tongue cool cool
loool we dey come
Re: Teach Your Daughter! by Stillfire: 11:55am On Oct 24, 2014
I'll have to agree with 5minsmadness a wee bit.
There are women and men out there that are ready to take advantage of well brought up children. Not all women are roses and peaches, not all men are gentlemen. Not all women should be respected because you respect womanhood, not all men either. There are more dysfunctional homes releasing these terrorists into society. We all need to be watchful. grin

As for the topic, I highly recommend carrying males along. Today we have a dichotomy where women have been empowered and the males are still in stuck mode expecting archaic ideals from women. grin Many males are still in 1900, yet to catch up with the jet age. cool Our generation can't be helped though. But we can start with the next generation.
Re: Teach Your Daughter! by 5minsmadness: 12:03pm On Oct 24, 2014

Efemenaxy:

shocked shocked shocked
Na you go marry dis ya pikin o

smartmom:

loool we dey come
Hehehehe. Smartmom is really smart o. She don carry her boys run cheesy grin

The funny thing is that nice guys will do ALL of the chores listed above and some smelly mouth pretentious girl will use the opportunity to turn him to a glorified houseboy instead of seeing the kindness in him then turn around to have an affair with a vicious bastard of a man who will treat her with disrespect. Its mind boggling!
Re: Teach Your Daughter! by 5minsmadness: 12:07pm On Oct 24, 2014
pickabeau1:
^^ Dude.. when are u completing our zombie book undecided
tongue
Hmnnnnnnnm. Emmmmm..... grin
Kk will look into it.
Re: Teach Your Daughter! by pickabeau1: 12:35pm On Oct 24, 2014
5minsmadness:

tongue
Hmnnnnnnnm. Emmmmm..... grin
Kk will look into it.

No wahala...

@post
I dey enjoy ur PoV
The reality is that not all princesses will become good queens just as not all princes become good kings
grin
Re: Teach Your Daughter! by EfemenaXY: 12:42pm On Oct 24, 2014
smartmom:

loool we dey come

undecided undecided undecided

Okay cheesy cheesy cheesy

5minsmadness:

shocked shocked shocked

Lol! Nothing good comes easy jare.

5minsmadness:

She say she dey come back na..abeg carry go angry cheesy cheesy

5minsmadness:
The funny thing is that nice guys will do ALL of the chores listed above and some smelly mouth pretentious girl will use the opportunity to turn him to a glorified houseboy instead of seeing the kindness in him then turn around to have an affair with a vicious bastard of a man who will treat her with disrespect. Its mind boggling!

I hear you. But this just brings us back to the point I made from the very beginning...about ensuring both sexes are taught the very basics. Learning how to treat the others with respect, same way that they'd expect to be treated. So what I'm saying is this:

~ Teach your girls to be wary of people with harmful intentions but at the same time, teach them to appreciate and respect people too.

~ Same thing goes for the boys. Teach your sons to be wary of people with harmful intentions but also teach them how to appreciate and respect others.

Additionally, when your kids get to the stage of forming relationships, encourage them to invite their friends over so you as a parent can assess the personalities of their friends. You'll definitely see things that your child may not be seeing from their end. It really boils down to parental involvement. Doing this will go a long way to help prevent your child fall into the hands of "users". Even if your teenage / older child doesn't agree with you, at least they'll have been forewarned and will know what to look out for / expect from this user / gold digger of a person.
Re: Teach Your Daughter! by bukatyne(f): 1:18pm On Oct 24, 2014
5minsmadness:

shocked shocked shocked

I agree 100% and it is not in relationship alone.

Interacting with people will show you that most people fear (often mistaken for respect) those they cannot mess with.

Nice guys rock cheesy
Re: Teach Your Daughter! by smartmom(f): 4:14pm On Oct 24, 2014
@EfemenaXY

Ehem, my inlaw(to be) I have returned! dont mind 5minsmadness jare, trying to sew seeds of discord in our budding union wink. I had to go attend to some urgent matter.

Sooo as per the checklist, we check all except for the African dishes part, they can only cook indomie, fry yam. plantain and potato and boil rice. But if its worth anything, 2 of them can bake a reasonable sponge cake(because mummy bakes). Ehen they can also fry a mean omelette of all kinds.

They had to learn because I havnt had a househelp in 9 years and of course they share all household chores and culinary duties EQUALLY with their sister.

Yes I understand your 'complicated' apprehension. Its thesame in my home. 1 precious daughter with 3 brothers. So you see we are well prepared to receive her. My eldest son practically babysat his last 2 siblings including changing diapers with poo et all and rocking them to sleep in his arms and their prams so he is an expert smiley. Yes they watch over their sister when their dad allows them take her to plait her hair in the salon.

I know having raised them well and prayed for them too that they will not be attracted to the barracudas of this world. But then these girls usually turned bad after been dealt with by evil men!

I reiterate, they are many decent girls out there 5minsmadness.

1 Like

Re: Teach Your Daughter! by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 24, 2014
I'm speechless.

(1) (Reply)

Opinion Husband Scarcity / Why Do We Pretend About Sex (season 1) / If You Are To Have Same Number Of Kids As Your Parents, How Many Would You Have?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.