Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,135 members, 7,807,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

Man Warns Obama 'don't Touch My Girlfriend.' How Did President Handle It? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Man Warns Obama 'don't Touch My Girlfriend.' How Did President Handle It? (1563 Views)

Mike Godson: I Made Love To My Girlfriend In A Hospital Bed / Why i allowed Nkem Owoh to touch my boops-Anita Joseph / MEET The Real-life Goddesses Whose Feet Don't Touch The Ground! [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Warns Obama 'don't Touch My Girlfriend.' How Did President Handle It? by FarmTech(m): 10:41pm On Oct 22, 2014

President Obama took a break from campaigning Monday to cast his vote early, only to receive ribbing from another voter to stay clear of his fiancée.
Christian Science Monitor By Peter Grier
October 21, 2014 2:26 PM

An apparently jealous man on Monday warned President Obama to stay away from his fiancée.

No, we are not making this up. It is actual news. Mr. Obama was casting his vote early at a Chicago polling station (more on that later) when a local man named Mike Jones walked by and said, “Mr. President, don’t touch my girlfriend.”

He was kidding, we think. CNN caught the whole thing on tape, so you can judge for yourself. Obama may have been surprised but he appeared take the warning with aplomb.

“I really wasn’t planning on it,” he replied, while continuing to mark off his ballot at the stand-up voting machine.

The woman in question, Aia Cooper was understandably mortified. She was voting next to Obama, which is why Mr. Jones got involved in the first place.

“I am sorry, please excuse him,” she said.

Obama said it was an example of “a brother just embarrassing me for no reason.” Then he went into a riff in which he predicted what Ms. Cooper would say when she went home and told her friends and family about the incident.

“ ‘I can’t believe Mike, he’s such a fool,’ ” Obama said Cooper would say.

“ ‘Fortunately, the president was nice about it,’ ” he said, imitating Cooper.

At the end Obama went up to her and said that given what had gone on they had to give folks something to talk about, and kissed her on the cheek.

The president was probably pretty pleased with how this went down. So pleased, in fact, we had a brief moment of thinking the whole thing was a pre-planned act. (We doubt it; conspiracies are much harder to pull off than Oliver Stone believes.)

This is not because it seemed kind of cute but because of a crucial aspect of the whole video: everybody in it is voting. Already! Election Day is not until Nov. 4, remember. But early voting is now allowed in 34 states and the District of Columbia.

Democrats are desperately trying to increase turnout among Democratic-leaning constituencies, such as African-Americans, to counteract Republican enthusiasm. Encouraging early voting has been one of their main turnout tools. A viral video of the president casting a ballot can only help these efforts.

The GOP has responded in kind with an early voting effort, establishing a sort of race between the parties to see how fast each can get its partisans to the polls.

“The success or failure of each party’s efforts to get voters to the polls early will determine the outcome of critical contests across the nation, including the battle for control of the Senate,” wrote Reid Wilson yesterday in The Washington Post.

And early returns show early turnout is heavy. As of Oct. 21, over 2.6 million voters had already cast mid-term ballots, according to the United States Election Project.

It’s not clear yet if either party has an edge here. But if Obama’s banter about jealous boyfriends makes even a handful of Democrats get to the polls early rather than not vote at all the party will count itself fortunate.

SOURCE: http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/DC-Decoder/Decoder-Buzz/2014/1021/Man-warns-Obama-don-t-touch-my-girlfriend.-How-did-president-handle-it-video
Re: Man Warns Obama 'don't Touch My Girlfriend.' How Did President Handle It? by Chazzyboy: 10:49pm On Oct 22, 2014
I think the young man wanted popularity
Re: Man Warns Obama 'don't Touch My Girlfriend.' How Did President Handle It? by Rikidony(m): 10:56pm On Oct 22, 2014
Damm i heard this on BBC this morning but never believe it. the dude is damm funny grin
Re: Man Warns Obama 'don't Touch My Girlfriend.' How Did President Handle It? by Nobody: 6:43am On Oct 23, 2014
Woooow come and try it in Nigeria SSS go flog you with bab wire.
Re: Man Warns Obama 'don't Touch My Girlfriend.' How Did President Handle It? by Mariojane(f): 8:55am On Oct 23, 2014
Re: Man Warns Obama 'don't Touch My Girlfriend.' How Did President Handle It? by Mariojane(f): 8:55am On Oct 23, 2014
what if it is true? or r saying he is bleeping only his wife? he is a very rich powerful man.
when he get home
michelle will say :u know u did wht they accused u of nd he will reply
nobody will believe a commoner nd dat was y i handled it carefully.

michelle : shameless cheat. lets leave the white house nd face reality again then i will show u pepper

*long hissing**
Re: Man Warns Obama 'don't Touch My Girlfriend.' How Did President Handle It? by icebebe(f): 9:12am On Oct 23, 2014
Dis white pple live a complicated buh simple life,if na naija dis tin happen eh mmmmm.. U no d rest
Re: Man Warns Obama 'don't Touch My Girlfriend.' How Did President Handle It? by Mprex(f): 9:20am On Oct 23, 2014
:dunno what to comment
space for sale
Re: Man Warns Obama 'don't Touch My Girlfriend.' How Did President Handle It? by FarmTech(m): 1:17am On Oct 25, 2014
icebebe:
Dis white pple live a complicated buh simple life,if na naija dis tin happen eh mmmmm.. U no d rest

In a society conscious of morals, things like this will not go unoticed. Nigeria is more morally conscious than USA.
Re: Man Warns Obama 'don't Touch My Girlfriend.' How Did President Handle It? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 26, 2014
icebebe:

Complicated but simple life.
Quite a combination.

(1) (Reply)

See Mbong Amata's Sexy Oufit At The GIAMA Awards / Asking Me About Empress Njama Is Crap - Timaya / Waje Looking Sexy...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.