Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,901 members, 7,806,631 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:26 PM

I Need A Help.. My People Of Nairaland... - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Need A Help.. My People Of Nairaland... (676 Views)

Pls Is Urgent - I Need A Help Of Free Driving Training / A Help Please... My People...... / Need A Help Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Help.. My People Of Nairaland... by mosco10: 12:00am On Oct 23, 2014
I had B.ENG in Mech. Engr with Master's degree in Engr Management (in view).. currently working with Nigerian Gas Company (a subsidiary of NNPC) employed and paid by my boss alone as Gas plant operator, only on weekends bases (Friday morning to Monday morning only i.e.3days on 4days off ) though i enjoy it because it is purely my field of studies with remuneration of 20k, free transportation and feeding... i just got an offer with first bank as contract staff to work as registration officer through my younger sister near my house @40k...i am actually confused on what to do... which one should i go for?...d 40k or my field experience?.. though i would like to practice my profession! please i need an advice..! thanks for ur anticipated responses....
Re: I Need A Help.. My People Of Nairaland... by marquiseT(f): 12:11am On Oct 23, 2014
Your field of study definitely because it is not just experience that count but relevant experience...a permanent position may come up at ur work place who knows

3 Likes

Re: I Need A Help.. My People Of Nairaland... by tempest01(m): 12:14am On Oct 23, 2014
Job satisfaction is key....but in the present Nigerian condition, at the end, it's What you take home that matters. If I am to advice, I will say you remain at your current job. You need to upgrade though, but I don't think the bank contact job is the upgrade

1 Like

Re: I Need A Help.. My People Of Nairaland... by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 23, 2014
Your current work is better off.. .
1) It's your field of study
2) it affords you enough time to hustle for other things unlike the bank job that will take all weekdays sometimes weekends too
3) Gives you the needed relevant experience which prepares you well for a better job.
4) The 40k you're going to be paid in the bank may still come down to 20k or below since no free transport or feeding.
5) Bank job may not even afford you time for your masters again.
6) You can be sacked anytime in the bank, you may not even spend up to a yr lipsrsealed

Bottomline: That bank job isn't worth it bro...That's not the kinda upgrade you need abeg..... anyway, Goodluck with any decision you finally come up with.....

5 Likes

Re: I Need A Help.. My People Of Nairaland... by CaniiiceDim(m): 9:02am On Oct 23, 2014
You have from Tuesday to Thursday, all to yourself and yet, you get paid #20k ? You re a lucky dude. That bank job is a bad news bro. You will only have Sundays as free days. My kobo!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy For Personal Assistant To The CEO / 7 Job Opportunities In A Lekki Based School. / Computer Instructors Urgently Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.