Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,237 members, 7,807,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi (36043 Views)

Nigeria Is Worst Dressed Team In Beijing / An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi / Keshi Draws Vs Kano Pillars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by oyinkanolu: 4:57am On Oct 23, 2014
The Former Coach of the Super Eagles |Stephen Keshi| has thrown a parting shot at Nigerian
football, saying the country should stop seeing itself as a serious football nation considering it
is still lagging behind in many vital areas needed to attain such levels.

In a chat with ESPN football pundit Colin Udoh, the former Togo and former Mali manager noted,
for instance, that but for his intervention, the Akwa Ibom State governor was planning to lay
artificial grass on the newly built world-class Uyo Stadium. That venue will host the decisive
clash of the Super Eagles with South Africa next month.

“How many good pitches do we have in this country? Keshi queried. We say we are a football
nation and we don't even have good training pitches for the national team, or good field to play
on. Instead, there are artificial pitches everywhere, even the new Stadium in Uyo, it was when I
heard from the governor that they wanted to use artificial pitch that I had to shout and tell him no
way. That is how they used natural grass pitch there. But why should I be the one to say it? Where
are the journalists?”

He said he was proud of his achievements during his spell as Nigeria’s manager.

“People keep saying I drew a lot of matches. But how many Nigerian coaches agreed to play
friendly matches all the time. Or to use home-based players without fear but people don't see that.

Every time it's Keshi this and Keshi that. Then they say I always try to use the President against
them. President that I cannot even see!”

He also said he was happy that the drama was finally over, as was his family.

“I am not bitter. I'm just disappointed in some of you,” he pointed out, referring to journalists.
“Now people can stop talking about Keshi.”

Meanwhile, the Ethiopian Football Association, responding to reports that Keshi would be in the
country this week to finalise a contract to take over their National team, has denied ever
approaching Keshi or getting any application from him

http://www.remspot.com.ng/2014/10/nigeria-is-not-serious-football-country.html

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by miccheck58: 5:04am On Oct 23, 2014
This guy is vexing for us..... but who cares?

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by tomiobj(m): 5:22am On Oct 23, 2014
The tn is just paining him that he has to start abusing our football federation in more than 5 consecutive occasions. He should go and park well

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by freshness2020: 6:26am On Oct 23, 2014
Na now ♈όϋ know! Abi na cos dem sack ♈όϋ out?
No worry mister we already know!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by Nobody: 6:38am On Oct 23, 2014
Damn!
Nff has betrayed keshi's emotions & dude is seeing double.

I guess Nigeria was a serious football nation when he was payed N5m,but aren't now he earns nothing.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by Ojestas(m): 6:38am On Oct 23, 2014
Abi oooo. .Better go coach Brazil or Germany. They are serious there.

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by gbodimowo(m): 6:38am On Oct 23, 2014
Na today?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by Nobody: 6:38am On Oct 23, 2014
And u are not a serious coach

cos accepting to coach a country that's not serious shows u r also not a serious Coach.

133 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by ggrin(f): 6:38am On Oct 23, 2014
Seconded

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by QMark: 6:38am On Oct 23, 2014
See serious football coach talking

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by Gbengenepub: 6:38am On Oct 23, 2014
Good morning ...Pls sorri 4 asking you. Did u get our contact on fb or nairaland?
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by bunmioguns(m): 6:38am On Oct 23, 2014
The big boss is confused

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by johnshagb(m): 6:38am On Oct 23, 2014
Iwo wi

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by kingzjay(m): 6:39am On Oct 23, 2014
Are you serious?
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by yim(f): 6:39am On Oct 23, 2014
After they sacked you, abeg park well tongue

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by Sycluxxx: 6:39am On Oct 23, 2014
Teacher: what is stephen keshi

class: nigeria's most overrated bigot undecided

21 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by omanifrank(m): 6:40am On Oct 23, 2014
yes
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by eleojo23: 6:40am On Oct 23, 2014
Nigerian football is turning many people into mathematics gurus considering the permutations and combinations that people engage in whenever our boys are playing in any tournament. smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by Nobody: 6:40am On Oct 23, 2014
in all fairness, keshi is saying the truth.

58 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by omanifrank(m): 6:40am On Oct 23, 2014
yim:
After they sacked you, abeg park well tongue
kk
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by lawrenceunaa: 6:40am On Oct 23, 2014
Keshi ntooor tongue

1 Like

Sycluxxx:
?
meaning
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by safarigirl(f): 6:40am On Oct 23, 2014
Dear Keshi,

You as a Nigerian, should know your people are not serious about anything. The entire world is just a big joke for them to laugh at. They have no foresight whatsoever, all they know is what's happening at the moment and all their decisions are based on such.

You have tried, just know you have passed another phase in life and the path is clear for you to look towards another

98 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by SIRcumalot: 6:41am On Oct 23, 2014
I see a lot of criticism for this Coach what did he do wrong exactly sef
He ignored popular opinion and picked his players he won the nation's cup.
Got to the 2nd round of the World Cup.
I still would've kept him even if Nigeria didn't qualify for the Nation's cup.
See who replaced him.
the NFA is joke,
The NFA will eventually sack Amodu,hire a money grubbing White man who will coach Nigeria but not live in Nigeria and we repeat the circle again.
Majority of Nigerians are ungrateful and have a very high opinion of our soccer team considering the talents available.
Even if Keshi no go read this post I appreciate what you have done for this Country.
Hopefully South Africa hires you and pay you big money.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by talentedjoe(m): 6:41am On Oct 23, 2014
Ah saw just 4 comments..only to appear 27th now...where are we rushing to this early morning?...na so una dey use start una dey?...ah suspect seun don start to awars airtime to first 3 "commenters" ...diaris god o...

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by hungryboy(m): 6:41am On Oct 23, 2014
oga Keshi shut up abeg
why u no talk dis talk the time were u been dey collect 5million a month

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by Sunnycliff(m): 6:41am On Oct 23, 2014
Sorry Keshi, but u did not say This When HSE Range Rover sport was given to you having won CAF Championship! You failed to deliver now and u are blabbing!! Think Twice

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by debosola(f): 6:41am On Oct 23, 2014
Like U sef sabi coach...u were just lucky and it stopped following u after the Nations cup victory last year.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi by Jerrick(m): 6:41am On Oct 23, 2014
It's a known fact we ain't serious as a nation pertaining football but it's always nice to see your a** kicked out! You are tactically devoid......

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Robot Referees Will Be Use In The Upcoming Club World Cup. / Lightweight Woman Knocks Out 529-pound Man To Win Inter-gender 'freakshow' Fight / World Athletics Ratifies Tobi Amusan's Hurdles World Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.