Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:56 PM

How To Permanently Delete All Data From Iphone Before Selling? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Permanently Delete All Data From Iphone Before Selling? (2062 Views)

Whatsapp Now Permanently Banning 3rd Party App Users. / All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) / Unlock Your Iphone 4/5/5C And 5S Permanently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Permanently Delete All Data From Iphone Before Selling? by bibldk: 5:33am On Oct 23, 2014
How to delete iPhone data before selling? How to wipe all file from iPhone before selling my iPhone? How to permanently erase information on iPhone before selling my old iPhone?
1. “I want to sell both of my Water Damaged Iphones, how do i delete the data permanently if they wont go on? “- crocket

2. Deleting info on iPhone?
“I use my phone for a lot of things, therefore I have put a good amount of info in there over time. How can I delete whats in my phone before I sell it?” - BosKm

3. Does erase all content and settings securley wipe?
“I want to sell my iphone 4 to a friend of mine. I used to have some business info on the phone but i deleted it. I know deleting stuff doesnt "really" delete stuff and while i trust my friend i worry if somebody would steal the phone from my friend they could recover the deleted data. Ive heard erase content and settings deletes the encryption key making old data unrecoverable but i don't know if its true. Whats the correct way to securely sanitize my iphone before sale.” - Superfan

4.How can I make sure my old iPhone memory is completely deleted before selling it?
“I want to sell my first generation iPhone, but want to make sure it has been completely cleaned of my personal data.” - PSU94

To delete iPhone data before selling, remember backup all your data, You can use iTunes or iCloud to backup the data on your old iPhone, or directly transfer it to your new phone or computer with a certain data transfer tool like iPhone Data Manager.

Delete SMS on iPhone for selling: To ensure that the deleted data cannot be recovered by any data recovery software, you need to choose a reliable tool which can finish this work perfectly and won't remember any data by itself. Here my recommendation is iPhone Data Eraser. This software can smash everything on the iPhone, and even the government recovery facility can't retrieve anything on it. It's totally safe and easy to use.

Step 1. Connect your iPhone to the computer
Get your iPhone connected to the computer where iPhone Data Eraser is installed.

Step 2. Choose a type of data erasing
Launch Data Eraser for iOS and choose the option of erase all data and settings to begin the data deletion. All data contains contacts, messages, call history, photos, videos, notes, apps, browser history, bookmarks, account info, passwords and other personal data.

Step 3. Start to erase all data on your iPhone
The process of data erasing will take you a little while. Keep your iPhone connected during the whole course.

When it's complete. Your iPhone gets started with a clean slate now.

Unlink/Unregister your iPhone: The last step you need to do is to unregister your iPhone from Apple's website so that it's no longer linked to your Apple ID. It's also a simple work.
Step 1. Go to the Apple's website here:
Step 2. Log in with your Apple ID and password.
Step 3. Find edit products and click on it.
Step 4. Click on the x to the right of the product.
Step 5. Click Unregister, and that's all.

Make a list of all your accounts like iCloud, Dropbox, Pandora, etc. Stop them all from linking to your iPhone. Then take the SIM card out of your iPhone and get it ready for selling on eBay or other sale places.

Tags: delete iPhone data before selling, delete sms on iPhone, erase iPhone contacts permanently, deleted iPad data before selling
Re: How To Permanently Delete All Data From Iphone Before Selling? by Erikkl: 7:42am On Oct 24, 2014
iPhone data recovery tool can get back the deleted data from iPhone easily. Only using iPhone data eraser, the data you stored on the old iPhone can be erased permanently

How to Erase iPhone Text Messages
How to Erase iPhone Contacts without Possible of Recovery
Re: How To Permanently Delete All Data From Iphone Before Selling? by Kaitly: 4:00am On Nov 27, 2014
There are 2 ways to clean iPhone junk files:

One way to maintain your privacy is to delete cache manually. But you might delete some important files by mistake.

Another way is using clean tools such as Mac go iPhone Cleaner:
You download it in your computer (it has mac version and pc version).
Second,start the cleaner Connect your iPhone to Mac and open this cleaner, just two simple clicks and you can start the clean now.
Then, deselect the files that you wanna keep and click on Clean your iPhone button to start cleaning.
Re: How To Permanently Delete All Data From Iphone Before Selling? by 2kurupt(m): 11:24am On Nov 27, 2014
Why go thru all these hassles of using a third party app? Personally I use the 'delete all applications and settings' function found in settings.(don't use this method if you jailbreak to avoid being stuck on boot screen)
Alternatively I install a new update thru iTunes.
Re: How To Permanently Delete All Data From Iphone Before Selling? by hemier1: 4:23pm On Apr 01, 2015
To permanently delete iPhone messages and other data from iPhone before selling, you can use a iPhone data eraser tool. iPhone Data Eraser tool can easily wipe, erase, deleted data from iPhone,the ios data eraser supports erase iPhone text messages, contacts, photos, videos, account info, password and other personal stuff. iPhone Data Eraser is such a tool to perform a permanent data erasing on your iPhone.

how to delete photos from iPhone
how to delete messages on iPhone
Re: How To Permanently Delete All Data From Iphone Before Selling? by aimikod: 6:15am On Jun 28, 2015
If you want to erase all data from iPhone,you can use this iPhone data eraser tool,it can help you delete files from your iPhone permanently before selling.You can use this ios data eraser software to wipe contacts, text messages, photos, videos,ect on iPhone before selling.
Use guide: Permanently Erase data on iPhone Before Selling
Re: How To Permanently Delete All Data From Iphone Before Selling? by bizhed: 9:24am On Jan 03, 2016
To ensure that the deleted data cannot be recovered by any data recovery app, a reliable data delete tool is in needed, here I strongly recommend this data eraser: iPhone Data Eraser. iPhone Data Eraser is such a powerful software, which can help iPhone users to completely and permanently delete iPhone contacts, text messages, photos, videos and more. All the erased files are 100% unrecoverable. iPhone Data Eraser is compatible with iPhone 6/6 Plus/5S/5C/5/4S and more, as well as iPad and iPod touch.

Steps to Permanently Wipe Data on iPhone before selling

Step 1. Do backup iPhone

Before you begin the next step, you should seriously do a full backup of your important data first. All deleted iPhone data will be wiped permanetly and it won't be retrieved. Please make backup first.

Step 2. Connect iPhone to computer

After you backup iPhone data, run iPhone Data Eraser. And Connect your iPhone to computer.

Step 3. Choose the right option on your device

You should choose the "ERASE ALL DATA" option, you are allowed to choose three kind of security levels to erasing your device.

Step 4. Permanent erase your iPhone data, not just contacts and text messages

Here please type "delete" in the textbox to confirm, and then click "Erase Now" so that you can continue the subsequent steps.
After that the program will automatically scan and wipe the data from your iPhone device, just wait a moment.

Note: All the erased data by the iPhone Data Eraser can not being recovered, so, you'd better transfer iPhone data to computer before wiping your iPhone.

Read more: How to Optimize iPhone on iOS 9
Re: How To Permanently Delete All Data From Iphone Before Selling? by fedydavis: 7:56am On Jun 08, 2016
It is essential to delete all your important data from your iPhone before selling. And let me tell you that by performing soft reset by factory reset option, will delete the data temporarily, if you are deleting the data in this method, then chances of data recovery is cent percent. But there is nothing to worry about, Safe Eraser for iOS application tool will help you to delete the data from iPhone permanently.
Re: How To Permanently Delete All Data From Iphone Before Selling? by cara4: 9:25am On Jun 25, 2016
iPhone Data Eraser is the one mentioned above. It can remove any junk files including unwanted apps on iPhone 5s/5c/5/4s/4 and other iDevices.

How to Delete Contacts from iPhone Permanently Before Selling

Delete Photos Contacts Messages Notes Call History on iPhone 5/5S
Re: How To Permanently Delete All Data From Iphone Before Selling? by zizhulx(f): 8:11am On Sep 13, 2016
If you sell your iPhone without erasing all data, your privacy will be under threat. And it may lead to dangerous situations if your personal info are taken advantage of by others. It is wise of you if you have been aware of the importance of deleting iPhone data before selling, recycling or giving it to any one. Here this iPhone Data Eraser is my first recommendation. By operating it, you can choose the security level to delete data from iPhone according to your own needs. After erasing, the whole traces of your iPhone will be wiped off permanently without recovering.
Re: How To Permanently Delete All Data From Iphone Before Selling? by francesreid: 7:41am On May 13, 2017
Everyone wants to make their data confidential so that others cannot access the data. But this situation can put you in trouble if you want to sell your old iPhone and data is stored in it. The problem is that you have to delete the entire data from device which is a headache. If by chance any data is left on the device then those can be easily recovered by third party software and can be used illegally. So better to erase the entire device permanently before selling or donating. But how to do that? Simply deleting makes your data invisible but can be easily recovered, So use some professional deleting software that helps to wipe out every content from the device and no chance left to recover the data.
Hence this is the best method anyone can try and this information is taken from below mentioned blog:

http://www.iosdevicerecovery.info/blog/2016/08/12/erase-iphone-data-without-restore/

(1) (Reply)

Lollipop Would Be Coming As An Update To Innjoo / Samsung Galaxy Blade Edge Is The World's First Smart Knife, Phone Capabilities I / Tecno Camon C8 Marshmallow Release Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.