Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,797 members, 7,798,695 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

The Ban On Hijabs From A Muslim View. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Ban On Hijabs From A Muslim View. (1219 Views)

LPS Ikoyi School Demands Dollars For School Fees, Despite CBN Ban(See Photo) / Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools / NANS Elects Senate President; Imposes Life Ban On Deputy Senate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ban On Hijabs From A Muslim View. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 23, 2014
I read in the dailies yesterday as was reported:
'Muslim students declare war on anti-islamic Fashola, Lagos APC, on the ban of hijabs in Lagos public institutions.'

I was bewildered by the action of the muslim students. I would have commented on those dailies' facebook pages, but I am the kind that 'read swiftly, but reply leisurely'. I will say, the action of the muslim students was uncalled for, ignorant, misinformed, uncultured and unenlightened.

Before you call for my head, let me spit how water is been naturalized into my coconut fruit.

I am a practising muslim with moderate understanding of the Quran, the sunnah and other legal doctrines which SOME might ignorantly dispute. The legal doctrines are four if you wish to know.

Now, let me call your islamic minds to the political but, divine collection of Jizyah (tax) by the muslim populated community from non-muslims under the leadership of our beloved prophet Muhammad (SAW).

From the point of view of the muslim rulers, Jizyah was a material proof of non-muslims' acceptance of subjection to the state and its laws. In return, non-muslim subjects are permitted to practice their faith, to enjoy a measure of communal autonomy, to be entitled to the muslim state's protection from outside aggression. The reason why non-muslims were made to do this was that they were under islamic political system and any orders given were stipulated in the Shariah constitution, but they were left to practice their own religion (emphasis). This shows the superiority of a political government over its citizens no matter their beliefs; the superiority of any organization over its workers.

From another view, since the time of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) until now, islamic civilization is firmly founded on the concept of 'rule of law' (emphasis). For that reason, the law is published and known, and citizens and courts are expected to uphold it. In a country of Nigeria, the rule of law is segregational which every religious societies are expected to learn and understand its language. If a country's national rule of law is islamic, it rules over; if it's christianity, it rules over; and if it's an exception, religious beliefs would be put at bay in constitutional drafting.

Before the emergence of this ban by the Lagos government, I have been wondering why muslim children were allowed by their parents to go to public institutions of uniformity wearing hijabs against the organizations' recommendations. When something is called uniform, it's meant to be unvarying in texture, color, or design. It is to be the same in character and degree all through. We muslims are people of order, peace, rules and laws; why are we going against the contitution of public corporations?

Nonchalantly, I personally agree with the ban of hijabs in public corporations by the Lagos State Government as this will give a uniform outlook to some public organizations. We have to know that we muslims are under rules and regulations and it's not the shariah. We are entitled to obey laws and orders for we are in a segragated country. If we are so bent on wearing hijabs ( which is not compulsory, only a show of religion) to corporations, we can as well erect a private islamic organization whose policies cannot be hindered by any political organizational system. As for now, let's kiss the hands that give us feeds if we don't want to lose our gainful jobs.

Lastly, Allah (SWT) prohibited the consumption of pork but not completely as it can be eaten when starving or you are in extraordinary need. Likewise wearing of hijabs is not compulsory when been prohibited by those you cannot do without dealing with, unless you can.
Until you can, stay 'hijabless'.

Assalaam Alaekum.

¤ Hadarms
¤ 10:42AM
¤ 23:10:2014

2 Likes

Re: The Ban On Hijabs From A Muslim View. by jobsat34(m): 12:15pm On Oct 23, 2014
good sense of reasoning..

meaning Politics and Religion shouldn't mix..
Re: The Ban On Hijabs From A Muslim View. by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 23, 2014
jobsat34:
good sense of reasoning..

meaning Politics and Religion shouldn't mix..
Exactly! In dis our country, we can only develop when we leave our sentimental religious beliefs aside.
Re: The Ban On Hijabs From A Muslim View. by manutdadex(m): 12:26pm On Oct 23, 2014
i like him! Naija get hope o!!
Re: The Ban On Hijabs From A Muslim View. by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 23, 2014
manutdadex:
i like him! Naija get hope o!!
Fashola is one of the best I must say.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ban On Hijabs From A Muslim View. by manutdadex(m): 12:34pm On Oct 23, 2014
Hadarms:

Fashola is one of the best I must say.
nt fashola i meant d OP
Re: The Ban On Hijabs From A Muslim View. by dyfatai(m): 1:30pm On Oct 23, 2014
@Op, does that explain why your account was registered in 2011 and you had to wait till after hijab ban to make your first post on nairaland.

I'm not perturbed with you post in the least as it is clearly your opinion. It does not represent the ideal muslim stand.

And please, next time you copy a post, try to give credit, remember what happened to Linda ikeji?
Re: The Ban On Hijabs From A Muslim View. by alentyno: 1:39pm On Oct 23, 2014
Hadarms:
I read in the dailies yesterday as was reported:
'Muslim students declare war on anti-islamic Fashola, Lagos APC, on the ban of hijabs in Lagos public institutions.'

I was bewildered by the action of the muslim students. I would have commented on those dailies' facebook pages, but I am the kind that 'read swiftly, but reply leisurely'. I will say, the action of the muslim students was uncalled for, ignorant, misinformed, uncultured and unenlightened.

Before you call for my head, let me spit how water is been naturalized into my coconut fruit.

I am a practising muslim with moderate understanding of the Quran, the sunnah and other legal doctrines which SOME might ignorantly dispute. The legal doctrines are four if you wish to know.

Now, let me call your islamic minds to the political but, divine collection of Jizyah (tax) by the muslim populated community from non-muslims under the leadership of our beloved prophet Muhammad (SAW).

From the point of view of the muslim rulers, Jizyah was a material proof of non-muslims' acceptance of subjection to the state and its laws. In return, non-muslim subjects are permitted to practice their faith, to enjoy a measure of communal autonomy, to be entitled to the muslim state's protection from outside aggression. The reason why non-muslims were made to do this was that they were under islamic political system and any orders given were stipulated in the Shariah constitution, but they were left to practice their own religion (emphasis). This shows the superiority of a political government over its citizens no matter their beliefs; the superiority of any organization over its workers.

From another view, since the time of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) until now, islamic civilization is firmly founded on the concept of 'rule of law' (emphasis). For that reason, the law is published and known, and citizens and courts are expected to uphold it. In a country of Nigeria, the rule of law is segregational which every religious societies are expected to learn and understand its language. If a country's national rule of law is islamic, it rules over; if it's christianity, it rules over; and if it's an exception, religious beliefs would be put at bay in constitutional drafting.

Before the emergence of this ban by the Lagos government, I have been wondering why muslim children were allowed by their parents to go to public institutions of uniformity wearing hijabs against the organizations' recommendations. When something is called uniform, it's meant to be unvarying in texture, color, or design. It is to be the same in character and degree all through. We muslims are people of order, peace, rules and laws; why are we going against the contitution of public corporations?

Nonchalantly, I personally agree with the ban of hijabs in public corporations by the Lagos State Government as this will give a uniform outlook to some public organizations. We have to know that we muslims are under rules and regulations and it's not the shariah. We are entitled to obey laws and orders for we are in a segragated country. If we are so bent on wearing hijabs ( which is not compulsory, only a show of religion) to corporations, we can as well erect a private islamic organization whose policies cannot be hindered by any political organizational system. As for now, let's kiss the hands that give us feeds if we don't want to lose our gainful jobs.

Lastly, Allah (SWT) prohibited the consumption of pork but not completely as it can be eaten when starving or you are in extraordinary need. Likewise wearing of hijabs is not compulsory when been prohibited by those you cannot do without dealing with, unless you can.
Until you can, stay 'hijabless'.

Assalaam Alaekum.

¤ Hadarms
¤ 10:42PM
¤ 23:10:2014

Seun and his mods kindly ship this thing to the 'islam for muslims' section.
Re: The Ban On Hijabs From A Muslim View. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 23, 2014
dyfatai:
@Op, does that explain why your account was registered in 2011 and you had to wait till after hijab ban to make your first post on nairaland.

I'm not perturbed with you post in the least as it is clearly your opinion. It does not represent the ideal muslim stand.

And please, next time you copy a post, try to give credit, remember what happened to Linda ikeji?
Copy a post? Is that what you do? When I registered I forgot my password and I was like feeling unbothered about it cos I was able to read posts offline. This is my second post this year . I'm more into poetry, I just decided to pen my opinion in an article this morning when I saw the news on Pulse NG on my facebook page yesterday evening. Anyway, your comment inspired me into writing more and you shall see more of me cos I've not arrived; I'm yet to come. Thank you.
Re: The Ban On Hijabs From A Muslim View. by alentyno: 4:40pm On Oct 23, 2014
akashi01 do you need panadol?
Re: The Ban On Hijabs From A Muslim View. by akashi01(m): 7:17pm On Oct 23, 2014
alentyno:
akashi01 do you need panadol?
is it right to refer to this thread as 'thing'??
Re: The Ban On Hijabs From A Muslim View. by alentyno: 7:55pm On Oct 23, 2014
akashi01:
is it right to refer to this thread as 'thing'??
Oh that. Sorry if that sounded ultra-harsh.

(1) (Reply)

Student With A Goal And Vision(swag-v) International Conference 2014 / Thread For Journalists In Embryo. / Please Advice: Want To Change From Civil Engineering To Chemical Engineering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.