Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

Can Carlsen Win The FIDE World Championship Match? - Forum Games - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Can Carlsen Win The FIDE World Championship Match? (650 Views)

Scrabble Championship Hits Port Harcourt / Fifa 13 Ps3 National Championship @ Marry Brown / Scrable World Championship Competetion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can Carlsen Win The FIDE World Championship Match? by Ojosareadebagi(m): 12:52pm On Oct 23, 2014
The World Champion Magnus Carlsen (2863) of Norway will return to defend his title against the Challenger Anand Vishy (2785) of India. The match is scheduled to be played in Sochi, Russia between 7th and 27th of November, 2014.
Carlsen who defeated Anand last year to become the world reigning chess champion is here again to defend his title after he reluctantly signed the match contract. He complained about the match budget of $1m for this year is less than that of last year world championship match played in Chennai, India. Carlsen was also not happy with the Olympic village venue where the match will take place in few weeks due to the political upheave in Russia. The Norwegian is still optimistic despite his erratic-performance this year.

Carlsen who said he has been studying the past games and what strategies the past world champions have used, also talked about his opponent’s performance when he was recently interviewed.

He said “I think it’s a good thing for him that he has been playing well. I am happy for him. I have known him for many years; we have good relations. But obviously I don’t wish him well when he is playing me.

I think what has set his two very successful tournaments apart from what he has done in the last few years is consistency. He has been playing a lot more consistent; very few blunders.

His general level of chess is still extremely high, so when he doesn’t blunder he does very well.“

However, there are a lot of questions to be asked as both player head into a rematch; can Carlsen defend his title? Can his strategy work against Anand whose performance has improved recently? Will Anand come in with a better game plan this time around? Will he win the FIDE World Championship Match? We shall know at the end of the match this coming month.
Find out on Can Carlsen Defend His Title?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Xbox360/one Vs Ps4 Which Is More Dope / Registered 2008 Lexus Es350 / Subject Matter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.