Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,508 members, 7,770,285 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:37 AM

How To Cook Nigerian Fried Rice - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Cook Nigerian Fried Rice (15465 Views)

Checkout A Male Student's Fried Spaghetti / White Girl Sees Nigerian Fried Plantain For The First Time And Reacts / How Can I Cook Nigerian Stew Without Frying It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Cook Nigerian Fried Rice by viexcey(f): 1:06pm On Oct 23, 2014
Hello people, its almost weekend cheesy! Hope you are having a great day. Today, we are going to learn how to cook the prefect Nigerian fried rice. This method is not the usual concoction style many people know, its a little time taken but at the end, your stress will turn to joy.
Let's get down to the business wink
INGREDIENTS:
Rice
Green pepper
Onions
Carrot
Grounded Garlic and ginger
Seasoning cube, salt, curry, thyme
Peas
Sweet corn
Diced liver/corn beef
Green beans
Green bell pepper(tatashe)
Spring onions
Broth/stock(chicken or beef)
Cabbage for garnishing(optional)
Red scotch pepper(atarodo)
Soya/olive/veg oil for frying.
HOW TO PREPARE...
Boil beef or chicken using enough seasoning--- ginger,garlic,thyme,curry,salt,seasoning cube, onion. When done, drain and set the broth/stock aside. Fry the chicken or beef and set the used oil aside too.
If using liver. Chop it up, boil and set aside. You can even cook it with your broth/stock but you have to get it out first because it doesn't take time to be cooked.
Parboil your rice for 5minutes, drain water then cook the rice with the broth/stock little water,seasoning and enough curry to give it a great colour. Cook till its almost soft, pour into a sieve and set aside.
If using fresh vegetables, chop the chop-ables,---carrots,onions,green bell pepper, green beans,spring onion, cabbage and liver(if not chopped before cooking). Open up your peas from the pod, if using canned vegetables, rinse all, drain and set aside.
Now,get the oil used to fry the chicken or beef...put a fry pan on medium heat, when oil gets hot, in this order pour in your carrots,liver,peas,green beans,sweet corn,green bell pepper,red scotch bonnet pepper, onions and spring onions( please, don't include the cabbage). After pouring all in that order,season with little salt,seasoning cube and curry to give it a nice taste. Fry for few minutes like 2-5minutes depending how soft you want it. DON'T DEEP FRY!
Pour this fried mixtures in a separate container,put little oil in your fry pan and start frying your vegetables and cooked rice together in batches/portions! When a batch is done, pour into a serving dish or pot and start again with the next batch till the last batch is done.
Garnish with your chopped cabbage if desires, serve,enjoy.

You can also try this method with your spaghetti,noodles or macaroni.

3 Likes

Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fried Rice by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 23, 2014
Op,talk true
d pix u post.is dat our mine wl luk lyk wen i finish cukin it
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fried Rice by viexcey(f): 2:46pm On Oct 24, 2014
:DYes, if you cook it well.

Bukiminaj:
Op,talk true
d pix u post.is dat our mine wl luk lyk wen i finish cukin it
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fried Rice by kristen12(f): 4:50pm On Nov 04, 2014
My parents are celebrating their 25th anniversary today, I made jollof rice, fried rice(using your method) and fried plantain; I diced the plantain and mixed it ginger, onion and little scent pepper(it grinded everything to paste and mixed it with the diced plantain)and it tasted really good.
Pics coming shortly

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fried Rice by viexcey(f): 6:52pm On Nov 04, 2014
Wow! I'm happy you used the method and it came out nice. We can't wait to get the pics.

kristen12:
My parents are celebrating their 25th anniversary today, I made jollof rice, fried rice(using your method) and fried plantain; I diced the plantain and mixed it ginger, onion and little scent pepper(it grinded everything to paste and mixed it with the diced plantain)and it tasted really good.
Pics coming shortly
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fried Rice by donodion(m): 3:42pm On Dec 25, 2014
sister viexcey...heres my result below...hope il get good pass mark from you.
Missing were gree peas and pepper...but the rest dey kamped...despite i over fried the chicken a bit.

Thanks a lot sweets and merry xmas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fried Rice by viexcey(f): 6:47am On Dec 26, 2014
Its so nice and I'm happy it helped. Next time add a bit of more curry powder to bring out the yellow colour. You did well,Thumbs' up to you dear and Merry merry christmas all the way.

donodion:
sister viexcey...heres my result below...hope il get good pass mark from you.
Missing were gree peas and pepper...but the rest dey kamped...despite i over fried the chicken a bit.

Thanks a lot sweets and merry xmas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fried Rice by viexcey(f): 6:49am On Dec 26, 2014
Wow, looking good! Hope you tried it this Christmas. Merry Christmas

kristen12:
Pics coming shortly
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fried Rice by Teephar(f): 10:03am On Dec 26, 2014
nice one @ op
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fried Rice by viexcey(f): 3:18pm On Dec 26, 2014
Thanks

Teephar:
nice one @ op

Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fried Rice by dominique(f): 7:33pm On Dec 26, 2014
That's basically how I make my fried rice except that I add a lot of curry to get the characteristic green colour. How did you get the green colour without adding curry. PS, I don't use canned peas
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fried Rice by viexcey(f): 10:46pm On Dec 26, 2014
Runner beans turns greenish brown when cooked and it adds slight green hue to the rice though curry must be added too. And i think some people uses green curry paste instead of normal curry, not sure about that one sha

dominique:
That's basically how I make my fried rice except that I add a lot of curry to get the characteristic green colour. How did you get the green colour without adding curry. PS, I don't use canned peas
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fried Rice by dominique(f): 2:27am On Dec 27, 2014
viexcey:
Runner beans turns greenish brown when cooked and it adds slight green hue to the rice though curry must be added too. And i think some people uses green curry paste instead of normal curry, not sure about that one sha

Thing is, i want to get the greenish yellow result without having to add too much curry cos i prefer to cook with less spices. seems curry is the only option.
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fried Rice by viexcey(f): 7:46am On Dec 27, 2014
Like i said, runner beans(those long green beans) can add slight green hue when cook with the rice. With that you can control the amount of curry added.

dominique:

Thing is, i want to get the greenish yellow result without having to add too much curry cos i prefer to cook with less spices. seems curry is the only option.
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fried Rice by Nobody: 7:14am On Sep 05, 2015
viexcey:
:DYes, if you cook it well.

lol.happy new year op and the house. I had a small gathering at my house yesterday. So i curbed nairaland looking for this thread. I used your method to cook mine also. I added alot of orishirishi like plaintain,diced fried egg

with every spoon of rice wit scooped,orisi risi go follow.

My friends were like did u employed a cook to cook this?.i passed the recipe to them cos i printed it(lol)

not a single drop of rice was left even on d plate

muahhhh viexcey
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fried Rice by viexcey(f): 7:39am On Sep 05, 2015
I'm so glad to hear this. Yayyyy. You welcome anytime.
Bukiminaj:

lol.happy new year op and the house. I had a small gathering at my house yesterday. So i curbed nairaland looking for this thread. I used your method to cook mine also. I added alot of orishirishi like plaintain,diced fried egg

with every spoon of rice wit scooped,orisi risi go follow.

My friends were like did u employed a cook to cook this?.i passed the recipe to them cos i printed it(lol)

not a single drop of rice was left even on d plate

muahhhh viexcey
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fried Rice by Onegai(f): 8:20pm On Apr 13, 2017
viexcey:
I'm so glad to hear this. Yayyyy. You welcome anytime.

Hello, saw your pm. Could you hint me first what's up? Thank you.
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fried Rice by viexcey(f): 2:17pm On Apr 14, 2017
Onegai:

Hello, saw your pm. Could you hint me first what's up? Thank you.
yea, wanted to know if you have any idea where to get original makeup products but never mind because I have the info. Thanks anyway
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fried Rice by Obiwannn: 6:54pm On Jun 25, 2017
Gonna try this
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fried Rice by ElDeeVee(m): 7:15pm On Jun 25, 2017
Obiwannn:
Gonna try this

Boss, how far na

How's Deutschland
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fried Rice by Obiwannn: 10:30am On Jun 26, 2017
ElDeeVee:

Boss, how far na

How's Deutschland

My mathematician.. Deutschland dey. How body?
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fried Rice by ElDeeVee(m): 8:27pm On Jun 27, 2017
Obiwannn:

My mathematician.. Deutschland dey. How body?

Your boi just dey ooo.
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fried Rice by viexcey(f): 8:41pm On Jun 27, 2017
Obiwannn:
Gonna try this
Please, do and give me a feedback.
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fried Rice by damzy88: 11:51am On Jul 01, 2017
ElDeeVee:

Your boi just dey ooo.
Have you done Workforce NB test before?
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fried Rice by ElDeeVee(m): 6:44pm On Jul 01, 2017
damzy88:
Have you done Workforce NB test before?

Yea, like 2 years ago.
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fried Rice by damzy88: 12:58am On Jul 02, 2017
ElDeeVee:

Yea, like 2 years ago.
Please I have been invited for a management trainee test by Workforce. Kindly tell me one or two things about it. Thanks
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fried Rice by damzy88: 5:08pm On Jul 02, 2017
ElDeeVee:

Yea, like 2 years ago.
Bros, I need your help oo
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fried Rice by ElDeeVee(m): 5:20pm On Jul 02, 2017
damzy88:
Bros, I need your help oo

Send me a pm.
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fried Rice by damzy88: 6:29pm On Jul 02, 2017
ElDeeVee:

Send me a pm.
Sent
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fried Rice by ElDeeVee(m): 7:09pm On Jul 02, 2017
damzy88:
Sent

I didn't get it. Drop your email, I'll contact you.
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fried Rice by damzy88: 7:17pm On Jul 02, 2017
[quote author=ElDeeVee post=58056857]

I didn't get it. Drop your email, I'll contact you.[/
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fried Rice by viexcey(f): 7:19pm On Jul 02, 2017
Please, this is a food thread not a job thread. Abeg o!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ways To Avoid The Temptation To Eat Out / Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? / Lawyer, Monday Ubani Threatens Lawsuit Over Ponmo Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.