Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,863 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) (137856 Views)

Inside Special Forces: Nigeria’s Most-feared Fighting Unit / GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher / Tolu Ebun: Meet Nigeria’s Most Beautiful Political Aspirant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Nobody: 12:03am On Oct 24, 2014
ROSSIKE:

I honestly thought you'd grown past this sort of silly post.

Rose, in as much as I agree with the tutoring you gave that "skentelady" or whatever she's called. And educated her why more Nigerians need to start studying history because the colonial masters left Nigeria because they wanted to, and not because they were kicked out. Nigeria just wasn't worth it at that period, and the colonial period was arguably one of the worst in the history of the country. I'd say you can do better than celebrating mediocrity.

Ultra-nationalism and sycophancy won't get anywhere. I'm sure you studied the greats and I've seen bits of what they said in some of your posts. Change your ways.

"You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality." - Malcolm X

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by LORDI(m): 12:06am On Oct 24, 2014
Delta state will be looking like crap,coz of it's visionless leaders.....lip sealed joor.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Nobody: 12:12am On Oct 24, 2014
ROSSIKE:
For someone who lives in drab, boring London, a place where people actually frown on modern architecture, you sure have a lot of nerve coming in here and typing crapsticks.

I just saw this.

I can do like an hour drive round my local council - not proper London and the City - and I'll get loads of pictures better than everything you posted on here. C'mon now, you're celebrating freaking Spar shop? Freaking Spar shop? - FML!!! grin

Nigeria deserves better! Not even the fugly architecture that the Abuja Church is. Who designed that fugly Church? grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by davemike1(m): 12:17am On Oct 24, 2014
abeg mk dem show us aso rock too na.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by PocoAPoco57: 12:43am On Oct 24, 2014
Nigerians are a fuckingggg funny people. So you are here celebrating buildings in your country. Hahaaaaaàaa and those girls are still in sambisa forest. Still sleep in darkness. Gullible creatures. Hahaa
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by PocoAPoco57: 12:46am On Oct 24, 2014
They are now celebrating shopping malls, hotels............in bokogeria. grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by raphy(m): 12:56am On Oct 24, 2014
some buiding may look good in pictures when tourist began to go visit there it will make them want to vomit.good to know tht national stadium lagos is not there and teslim balogun stadium should have been in d list.i hear say national stadium is now a hoodlums and agbero that runs lagos.
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Nobody: 1:23am On Oct 24, 2014
Rossike how market? Our very own paid government agent.
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by fesjoe: 1:32am On Oct 24, 2014
Always lagos or abuja....... Why?r
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by igbo2011(m): 1:54am On Oct 24, 2014
Dereformer:
GEJ is working

Why are buildings that are more western arm to be the best. Why nit afrocentric designs
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Missy89(f): 2:45am On Oct 24, 2014
Meh..
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by onwasky: 2:58am On Oct 24, 2014
where is concord hotel owerri?
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by DJDOLA(m): 3:03am On Oct 24, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/1963635/need pls people should come 2 my rescue am dying here in LUTH
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by msmon(m): 3:10am On Oct 24, 2014
Nice work @OP.

Kada Cinema and Entertainment Plaza and Precious PalmRoyal Hotel in Benin City should make d list
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by chukxie(m): 3:49am On Oct 24, 2014
Nice job, ROSSIKE! National Theatre, Mapo Hall, Lagos Cathedral, Abuja Mosque and Lagos City Hall are iconic buildings.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by ihustler(m): 4:30am On Oct 24, 2014
Are u trying to give BH clues or wat?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by tomiobj(m): 4:34am On Oct 24, 2014
iconize:
These are regular buildings in some countries.

There's absolutely nothing stunning about the Ibadan building. I suggest its replaced with another picture, thanks.
. Hmm. Where have you travelled to to claim these are all regular buildings

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by tomiobj(m): 4:41am On Oct 24, 2014
It's d little that we have nd it's appreciated by us. U want to take pics in ur local council in an hour drive. Go ahead let's compare
shymexx:

I just saw this.

I can do like an hour drive round my local council - not proper London and the City - and I'll get loads of pictures better than everything you posted on here. C'mon now, you're celebrating freaking Spar shop? Freaking Spar shop? - FML!!! grin

Nigeria deserves better! Not even the fugly architecture that the Abuja Church is. Who designed that fugly Church? grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Ologunjude(m): 5:27am On Oct 24, 2014
Just wish most of our looted funds are used to develop Nigeria. Go to Dubai and weep for your country. Sad indeed.
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by SlyIg(f): 5:36am On Oct 24, 2014
Fortunately, i know almost all these places.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by kazmanbanjoko(m): 5:45am On Oct 24, 2014
Hmmmnn, how does this affect nigeria's economy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by adedayourt(m): 5:56am On Oct 24, 2014
Dos kind places where babes like to dey take show dersef for dp gringrin
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by chris365(m): 5:58am On Oct 24, 2014
tomiobj:
It's d little that we have nd it's appreciated by us. U want to take pics in ur local council in an hour drive. Go ahead let's compare

Nigerians and mediocrity.
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by AdeniyiA(m): 5:58am On Oct 24, 2014
The Synagogue Church of All Nation, SCOAN ikotun egbe, Lagos.

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by rodbel(m): 6:02am On Oct 24, 2014
@ OP: Hotel Presidential PH has got no place here. That place is an eyesore.
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Austin234(m): 6:15am On Oct 24, 2014
But most of the beautiful structures came from lagos and abuja (former and present nations capital). An indication that concentration is on the capital. Perhaps, is high time we relocate our nation's capital else where for an even develop and more tourist sites
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by tomiobj(m): 6:24am On Oct 24, 2014
chris365:

Nigerians and mediocrity.
. Whatever. Just take the pictures of your local council or wareva nd let us see
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by mifavour(f): 6:37am On Oct 24, 2014
christejames:
Well, beautiful indeed! Nigeria is actually beautiful, every states in Nigeria have a unique architecture and place of tourist attraction.

dunno shhaa. is Abia state included? ?
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by iterator25: 6:43am On Oct 24, 2014

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 24, 2014
add my house join am
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by ogtavia(m): 6:58am On Oct 24, 2014
ROSSIKE:

So how would you have liked the succeeding Nigerian post colonial govts to build ''standard missionary schools'' instead of the 130 full fledged universities we have today? Are you really so ignorant that you think missionary secondary schools are an adequate replacement for universities?

So how would you like the present govt to say ''ok, no universities in Nigeria. If you want to go to university, travel abroad!''. You would be the first to abuse them. But white rulers did it, so they get a pass in your book. SOMETIMES I THINK SOME OF YOU WERE CURSED TO TURN DUMB & STUP.ID wherever whites are concerned.

I got an education for starters. YOUR education was wasted because you still think like a slave even though you've been set free. Cocoa, palm oil etc are doing well, and the monies are not being deposited in London as was the case under your colonial masters.

But you said it was ok for the whites to just build missionary schools for you. So what are you looking at top 100 universities for?

South Africa was already a developed nation by the 1940s, because the apartheid regime invested its resources in the country, unlike what the colonial regime did in Nigeria (ie siphon resource earnings to London). The problem in Nigeria was not that the whites were not there long enough. It was that they were there for 63 years and did virtually NOTHING for our development, which was why we were a grossly underdeveloped nation with almost non-existent infrastructure at independence in 1960 despite their exporting our resources for huge profits annually for 63 years prior.

You sound like a VERY big fool.

Without independence you would be a hunter of rabbits and cockroaches, or a tailor, or a shoemaker, or a carpenter. Nothing more. Tell me. What was your grandfather's job?

your replies to that skentele lady makes me cringe,nt with just fear but with abject shock @ how you kept using unnecessary harsh words on an online forum discussion,it is too bad,are you a robot,honestly speaking,I couldn't make head or tails of ur point,she was saying d colonial masters shud av stayed longer,you are saying they overstayed their welcome and did nothing for us....I dnt want to get in the way of ur argument,but to be honest,you are wrong in replying to dt lady in d way and manner..if I were d mods,I will ban you without thinking twice....I know you will reply with an insult,but u c,I dnt give two rats behind.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook / Boko Haram Killing Yorubas And Igbos 3-days Expired (pix)! -vanguard Newspaper / Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.