Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,171 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:28 AM

Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) (137768 Views)

Inside Special Forces: Nigeria’s Most-feared Fighting Unit / GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher / Tolu Ebun: Meet Nigeria’s Most Beautiful Political Aspirant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 24, 2014
shymexx:

I just saw this.

I can do like an hour drive round my local council - not proper London and the City - and I'll get loads of pictures better than everything you posted on here. C'mon now, you're celebrating freaking Spar shop? Freaking Spar shop? - FML!!! grin

Nigeria deserves better! Not even the fugly architecture that the Abuja Church is. Who designed that fugly Church? grin

I personally challenge you to do that hour drive round your council and post the pictures!! As for the Abuja church, I love the design. Very edgy and post-modern, with 'attitude', unlike the dreary, outdated Edwardian/Victorian fare common to your London.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by stevoskyj(m): 7:01am On Oct 24, 2014
top of the list grin

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 24, 2014
ogtavia:
your replies to that skentele lady makes me cringe,nt with just fear but with abject shock @ how you kept using unnecessary harsh words on an online forum discussion,it is too bad,are you a robot,honestly speaking,I couldn't make head or tails of ur point,she was saying d colonial masters shud av stayed longer,you are saying they overstayed their welcome and did nothing for us....I dnt want to get in the way of ur argument,but to be honest,you are wrong in replying to dt lady in d way and manner..if I were d mods,I will ban you without thinking twice....I know you will reply with an insult,but u c,I dnt give two rats behind.

I have no time for colonized fools who wish to return to colonialism and maybe even slavery. People who think like that are a disgrace to this continent and do not deserve the modern life they currently enjoy, made possible by the black govts they disrespect so much. They should be kicked back to the colonial era so they can queue up barefoot on dusty roads like their forbears, smiling and waving blistered hands as colonial officers cruise by in their Rolls, and from there, back to their palm wine tapping/chicken rearing duties, since that is what they prefer over the modern life given to them by black govts.. I have no apologies for my disdain for such people.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Lanceslot(m): 7:08am On Oct 24, 2014
Where is Mike Adenuga Tower VI?
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by pchax: 7:21am On Oct 24, 2014
When you talk about beauty of buildings, we talk about the innovation involved in the architecture not the interior decoration. Some of these buildings are just regular tall buildings (NNPC Towers) while the others just have awesome interiors (Le'Meridian Akwa Ibom). I wouldn't classify them as "BEAUTIFUL BUILDINGS".

I am surprised non of OAU's building's was listed because the school has some awesome architectural masterpieces like Spider House and the New Museum. I would even replace Le'Meridian with Akwa Ibom State Library that looks glassy and classy. Anyway, I am happy that such building are in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by neyobills: 7:23am On Oct 24, 2014
skentelelady:

It is clearly shown that you are daft walahi
How many of your present federal govt schools can withstand those missionary schools presently? Atleast the set a good foundation which our generations and many to come will continue to benefit from
Outta the 130 public pry school universities, tell me the one is among the top 10 or 20 in Africa presently
And with the 130 universities, how many Nigerian youths still travel abroad or even to Ghana for university degrees every year
I am sure you are one senseless son/family of a politicians
I dont have time to exchange words with an educated illiterate and mediocre like you
Good night

University of Ilorin is among the first 20 universities in Africa,pls next time do some research for facts before u come here to rant,at this internet age u have no excuse for been this ignorant.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by PapiWata: 7:28am On Oct 24, 2014
To Nigerians living in the West, and who are weary of responding to "innocent" questions inquiring whether Africans still reside in tree-tops, the preceding photographs of actual buildings in Africa will serve as very effective educational tools.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by lyricalpontiff(m): 7:30am On Oct 24, 2014
Na wah o, only hotel presidential for PH
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by simdam500(m): 8:01am On Oct 24, 2014
Awesome pix... That i had to find it a little hard to believe it my country...

Nigeria soaring higher since 1960

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by macof(m): 8:06am On Oct 24, 2014
Dereformer:
GEJ is working
This has nothing to do with him

but still GEJ till 2019
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by ba7man(m): 8:11am On Oct 24, 2014
Those buildings aren't the problem with Nigeria, the environment is.

Dusty, ill constructed side walks or non at all in most cases. No sense of landscaping, open drains (who told them gutters were a thing of beauty to be exposed), that sand that's always by the roadside (where do they keep comin from?), indiscriminate setting up of shanties and shops by illiterates with no idea of beauty or order, dirty citizens littering the whole place etc Contribute to that persistent "third world" appearance of almost everywhere in Nigeria.

The people too have a large part to play in creating a better environment.

To those criticizing Nigeria, do you throw trash onto the roads and in drains or seek out trash cans to dispose them??

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by macof(m): 8:16am On Oct 24, 2014
christejames:
Well, beautiful indeed! Nigeria is actually beautiful, every states in Nigeria have a unique architecture and place of tourist attraction.

How can u call this tourist attraction

We need temples and idols built to our ancestors and Gods.
world class museums and wild life conservation
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by fikie(f): 8:20am On Oct 24, 2014
Lagos, pH, Uyo, Abuja that's cool...... Ilorin lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Okeikpu(m): 8:24am On Oct 24, 2014
Nonsense!
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by ogtavia(m): 8:30am On Oct 24, 2014
ROSSIKE:

I have no time for colonized fools who wish to return to colonialism and maybe even slavery. People who think like that are a disgrace to this continent and do not deserve the modern life they currently enjoy, made possible by the black govts they disrespect so much. They should be kicked back to the colonial era so they can queue up barefoot on dusty roads like their forbears, smiling and waving illiterate hands as colonial officers cruise by in their Rolls, and from there, back to their palm wine tapping/chicken rearing duties, since that is what they prefer over the modern life given to them by black govts.. I have no apologies for my disdain for such sick, ignorant people.

Look,I am nt saying ur comments are wrong and devoid of objectivity,..no,far from it,I do nt support colonialism or slavery,..but honestly,u seem to absolve our leaders like they've been doing it right all along..South Africa suffered in the times of apartheid,...india got it tough with the British etc...our leaders are nt any better,I wasn't born in d colonial era neither in d early post colonial era,the British were brutal and most of our leaders then working with the british such as the community leaders,district head,local sheriffs were in turn carrying out the commands of their slave masters who they should av kept at bay,protect their people from the harsh slave drivers but no,what did they do,they sold their own ppl except for some few ppl who stood up for what is right...King Jaja of Opobo is one...nobody is saying the colonial era was the good old days,let me say this,you keep saying the colonial masters didn't do anything,they didn't build universities,do u knw that the premier universities,UI,OAU,UNN were built in the colonial era,do u knw dt?...one would think that the leaders who took charge after d colonial masters left were ready for d job @ hand and had the same dream those who fought for independence had,Tafawa Balewa,Nnamdi Azikiwe,Obafemi Awolowo and so many of them,but no dey didn't,ur so called good leader Yakubu Gowon said Nigeria had so much money,the only problem was how to spend it...most of the existing infrastructures we have today was built by the colonial masters..there is no way I will support our present crop of leaders...no way madam.
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Dreyl(m): 8:37am On Oct 24, 2014
This is not beautiful like some buildings in Africa,especially those skyscrapers in johannesburg.
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Tunagee(m): 8:42am On Oct 24, 2014
Dereformer:
GEJ is working

which Gej is that. These buildings have all been existing before GEJ

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Tunagee(m): 8:44am On Oct 24, 2014
Lanceslot:
Where is Mike Adenuga Tower VI?

my boysquarter
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by iterator25: 9:13am On Oct 24, 2014
Abuja

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by destante(f): 9:14am On Oct 24, 2014
nicee pictures. there is always something special about the cathedral marina and that polo park mall is so huge and beautiful
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by skentelelady(f): 9:16am On Oct 24, 2014
neyobills:

University of Ilorin is among the first 20 universities in Africa,pls next time do some research for facts before u come here to rant,at this internet age u have no excuse for been this ignorant.

I did my research and i knew UNILORIN is the 20th. My question was how many nigerian universities cool

Do you think i am clueless like some of you on online forum. I always do my researches before i post online cheesy

What i dont know about, i dont contribute

So get a life bro!
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by skentelelady(f): 9:19am On Oct 24, 2014
ogtavia:
your replies to that skentele lady makes me cringe,nt with just fear but with abject shock @ how you kept using unnecessary harsh words on an online forum discussion,it is too bad,are you a robot,honestly speaking,I couldn't make head or tails of ur point,she was saying d colonial masters shud av stayed longer,you are saying they overstayed their welcome and did nothing for us....I dnt want to get in the way of ur argument,but to be honest,you are wrong in replying to dt lady in d way and manner..if I were d mods,I will ban you without thinking twice....I know you will reply with an insult,but u c,I dnt give two rats behind.

His rants cant remove any strand of hair from my body cheesy

The way some people talk online shows they way they were brought up and the kind of environment they grew up

Maybe his family lineage was taken into slavery by the colonial masters thats why he is so bitter this way

So please ignore him.

Thank you cool
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Revolva(m): 9:21am On Oct 24, 2014
Wat of my papa building for ajegunle
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Walspring: 9:25am On Oct 24, 2014
op.. You number 1 picture is not Central Bank Lagos but First Bank Lagos

I think you will need to edit that so that you wont mislead people here..

Nice job and keep it up
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by skentelelady(f): 9:53am On Oct 24, 2014
ROSSIKE:

Do missionary schools even still exist? Federal government colleges are more than a match for any of them.

That's not a lot for 63 years uninterrupted rule is it? ''Setting a foundation'' by establishing a few missionary schools to school their future clerks?

How many of your white-built ''standard missionary schools'' can stand beside our black-built universities? Answer: ZERO. Yet you value the former over the latter. You are a slave-minded, colonized goon with nothing upstairs. Someone should throw you back to the colonial days so you can ride rickety bicycles on village paths, wear khaki shorts, and sing God Save the Queen to your heart's content.

I can see you are a good photographer, please go to FGC Ijanikin and King's, Queen's college, CMS grammar sch, St. Gregory's college for pix collections
Then lets see which school is still rocking it till now cheesy cheesy
Please appreciate the colonial masters for opening your eyes to some extent cheesy cheesy cheesy
I dnt want to know where you are from but am sure the slavery really affected for lineage.
Am so sorry about that grin
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by iconize(m): 9:56am On Oct 24, 2014
tomiobj:
. Hmm. Where have you travelled to to claim these are all regular buildings

I think asking where I come from would have been better than asking where I've travelled to.
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by tunsmann(m): 10:00am On Oct 24, 2014
remove MMA,Lagos from that list......it got burnt yesterday
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by christejames(m): 10:30am On Oct 24, 2014
macof:

How can u call this tourist attraction

We need temples and idols built to our ancestors and Gods.
world class museums and wild life conservation
we already have temples and museums na, although not world class.
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by christejames(m): 10:33am On Oct 24, 2014
mifavour:

dunno shhaa. is Abia state included? ?
No its not included, Enugu is the only state included from the South East with her edifice Pollo Park mall representing.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by naturefellow(m): 10:47am On Oct 24, 2014
These are smashing photos! Please where are credit(s) to the photographer(s)?
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by ducii: 10:55am On Oct 24, 2014
skentelelady:

I dont know your age but dnt allow your blood to be hot on top nothing

First, there was no single university but there were standard missionary schools around which are still performing very well till today. People

had the opportunity to travel abroad for university education then or how did the people that fought for it have their university degrees?

what are you benefiting from your crude oli now, where is your palm oil and your cocoa? Do you still have tin and rubber in Nigeria. Crude oil

was discovered in Nigeria in 1958 so where did they get the oil they were exporting

They fought for independence because of their greed and political ambitions.

54 years after with our crude oil and the rest, are these all we can boast of as a nation?

And how many nigerian universities is in top 100 in Africa and how many are in top 5000 in the world

South Africa that waited patiently just look at where they are today in the world in terms of resources and education

Always do your facts right before you post online because most of us aint fools grin

Nigeria was not right for independence in 1960 take it or leave it

Shame on the government since 1960 undecided undecided If shame no catch you for this country, shame catch me cheesy

check your facts very well South Africa had independence before Nigeria
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by chrysla: 10:59am On Oct 24, 2014
grin grin grin
dhammyg:

NONSENSE.SO IT IS GEJ THAT BUILT THEM ABIundecidedTAN INSPIRED JARGONSsad

BACK TO THE TOPIC:HMMMN GOOD TO SEE THAT NAIJA HAS SOME BEAUTIFUL BUILDINGSsmileyBUT STILL WE NEED TO DO MORE,MOST BUILDINGS IN NAIJA ARE JUST ORDINARYwink
grin
dhammyg:

NONSENSE.SO IT IS GEJ THAT BUILT THEM ABIundecidedTAN INSPIRED JARGONSsad

BACK TO THE TOPIC:HMMMN GOOD TO SEE THAT NAIJA HAS SOME BEAUTIFUL BUILDINGSsmileyBUT STILL WE NEED TO DO MORE,MOST BUILDINGS IN NAIJA ARE JUST ORDINARYwink

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

EXPOSED; 45 Cultists Slangs And Their Meaning! Be At Alert In Grave Situation / Boko Haram Killing Yorubas And Igbos 3-days Expired (pix)! -vanguard Newspaper / Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.