Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,436 members, 7,781,272 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:35 AM

Aregbesola Backs Jihad & Opposes Boko Haram - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Aregbesola Backs Jihad & Opposes Boko Haram (3376 Views)

Wahhabism, Jihad And Boko Haram / What Is Jihad Al-nikah / Come And See jihad For What It Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aregbesola Backs Jihad & Opposes Boko Haram by Gbawe: 9:30am On Oct 24, 2014
mainheart:
if u like support masquerade. But when what u are supporting turns against u as it is happening now don't blame on me or the President

It is ALUU savages like you that make others ashamed to be Nigerian. Did you even bother to open the link to see the divisive, hate-mongering and dangerous mischief of the OP before speaking? This is they tragedy of Nigeria today. People like the OP go around using deception and lies to divide Nigerians, because they are vengeful secessionists and anarchists wishing the worst for our Nation, and they find willing 'tools' in brain dead bigots like you. If you are not a vile bigot, working with your own set of prejudices and preconceived notion, you would have opened the link to see Aregbesola's very sensible message which is certainly what Nigeria needs to heal currently rather than the extremist drivel coming from Boko Haram et al on one side and bigots like you and the OP on the other side of the religious divide.

God forbid it, but when the worst happens to Nigeria and hostility has descended into full scale chaos then people like you will be to blame for your ALUU mindset which kept openly encouraging hatred of others while rejecting the laudable intervention of good folks like Aregbesola. Below are parts of the article the vile OP hid. I don't know how Seun runs Nairaland but OP should be banned permanently for this sort of openly divisive mischief. It is dangerous for Nigeria if everyone is doing this unchecked. In the UK people are jailed for promoting racial/religious hate openly. Why do we Nigerians seem so casually tolerant of prejudice and even happy to peddle hatred against others openly and without reservation?

http://www.punchng.com/news/aregbesola-backs-jihad-opposes-bharam/

Aregbesola lamented the gross misunderstanding of Jihad to mean war or violence.

Aregbesola said, “Jihad should not be turned into a license to unleash terror on people, Muslims and Christians alike and as well as to destabilise the nation.

“Contrary to the claims by groups such as the Boko Haram sect, Jihad is neither a call to arms nor an ideological blueprint for destructive insurgency. Jihad in Islam is at its core about establishing a personal relationship with Allah. The meaning of Jihad in Islam is a total submission to the will and obedience to the laws of Allah.

“Submitting to Allah’s will is an act of conscious choice granted to mankind by God; obeying His laws is a demonstration and vindication of that submission.

“They abused notion of Jihad often used as justification for satanic atrocities of insurgent groups, such as the Boko Haram sect, is a gross misapplication of the concept.

“Jihad is far from being an open cheque for senseless violence, neither is it a Qur’anic endorsement of the pursuit of selfish political desires.

“The concept of Jihad in Islam simply means ‘struggle’ or ‘striving.’ It has two broad dimensions – external and internal striving.”

He argued that Boko Haram and other insurgent groups had no justification in Islam to back the violence they unleashed on the people.

He added, “If Islam thus forbids violence against innocents, how does Boko Haram justifies the senseless killings, maiming, kidnappings of innocent women, children, and girls?”

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Backs Jihad & Opposes Boko Haram by mainheart(m): 9:48am On Oct 24, 2014
[quote author=Gbawe post=27406795]

It is ALUU savages like you that make others ashamed to be Nigerian. Did you even bother to open the link to see the divisive, hate-mongering and dangerous mischief of the OP before speaking? This is they tragedy of Nigeria today. People like the OP go around using deception and lies to divide Nigerians, because they are vengeful secessionists and anarchists wishing the worst for our Nation, and they find willing 'tools' in brain dead bigots like you. If you are not a vile bigot, working with your own set of prejudices and preconceived notion, you would have opened the link to see Aregbesola's very sensible message which is certainly what Nigeria needs to heal currently rather than the extremist drivel coming from Boko Haram et al on one side and bigots like you and the OP on the other side of the religious divide.

God forbid it, but when the worst happens to Nigeria and hostility has descended into full scale chaos then people like you will be to blame for your ALUU mindset which kept openly encouraging hatred of others while rejecting the laudable intervention of good folks like Aregbesola. Below are parts of the article the vile OP hid. I don't know how Seun runs Nairaland but OP should be banned permanently for this sort of openly divisive mischief. It is dangerous for Nigeria if everyone is doing this unchecked. In the UK people are jailed for promoting racial/religious hate. Why do we Nigerians seem so casually tolerant of it?
I don't care about ur comment neither what u support . And my comment or otherwise should not affect u and if its does u can not mess up. be warned

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Backs Jihad & Opposes Boko Haram by Gbawe: 9:53am On Oct 24, 2014
mainheart:
I don't care about ur comment neither what u support . And my comment or otherwise should not affect u and if its does u can not mess up. be warned

Illiterate fool. You cannot even quote a post correctly. Backward elements like you are the 'collateral damage' agberos that men of evil use, as street level 'avengers', to get their evil ways. Shameless caveman. You are no different to the Boko Haram killers you hate and I am sure you would harm others too given the right circumstances and 'programming'. As for your empty warning, do your worst coward.

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Backs Jihad & Opposes Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 24, 2014
agabusta:
The OP is a cunny Bigot cum fraudster!!

He/she purposely cut off the part he explained that some uninformed muslims are misinterpreting Jihad. The governor stated that jihad is not war nor violence against Christians and others.
This OP na evil person him be. I checked up this profile all his topics are based on ethnic and religious biased. I advised Seun to ban sunnybobo devil. Cos he's promoting hatred against Muslims one way or another. One Love Nigerians.
Re: Aregbesola Backs Jihad & Opposes Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 24, 2014
juman:
Aregbesola lamented the gross misunderstanding of Jihad to mean war or violence.

Aregbesola said, “Jihad should not be turned into a license to unleash terror on people, Muslims and Christians alike and as well as to destabilise the nation.

“Contrary to the claims by groups such as the Boko Haram sect, Jihad is neither a call to arms nor an ideological blueprint for destructive insurgency. Jihad in Islam is at its core about establishing a personal relationship with Allah. The meaning of Jihad in Islam is a total submission to the will and obedience to the laws of Allah.

“Submitting to Allah’s will is an act of conscious choice granted to mankind by God; obeying His laws is a demonstration and vindication of that submission.

“They abused notion of Jihad often used as justification for satanic atrocities of insurgent groups, such as the Boko Haram sect, is a gross misapplication of the concept.

“Jihad is far from being an open cheque for senseless violence, neither is it a Qur’anic endorsement of the pursuit of selfish political desires.

“The concept of Jihad in Islam simply means ‘struggle’ or ‘striving.’ It has two broad dimensions – external and internal striving.”

He argued that Boko Haram and other insurgent groups had no justification in Islam to back the violence they unleashed on the people.

He added, “If Islam thus forbids violence against innocents, how does Boko Haram justifies the senseless killings, maiming, kidnappings of innocent women, children, and girls?”

The responses below are classical example of PREJUDICE and BIGOTRY; I am afraid, it is a very difficult sickness to cure!
Sunnybobo3:

The Osun State Governor, Mr. Rauf Aregbesola, has said that there is nothing wrong with Jihad...
http://www.punchng.com/news/aregbesola-backs-jihad-opposes-bharam/
sweetguy: Maybe It is true that all Muslims are potential terrorists undecided
olamonsor2:
Say no to JIHAD
Afroconnect:
The idea of Jihad is barbaric,its the same way cultists will fight and kill when they feel offended and cheated,this type of behaviour only leads to anarchy.
Religion should only bring good and preach peace and reconciliation,anything else is gangsterism and evil.
OkijaAmaka:
The Jujuman Supreme Leader of Osunistan Sheik Ayotollah Ogbeni Bin Rauf Aragagbashola ibn Sultan have spoken grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
okoromike:
EVERY muslim supports jihad ,but only few admit it publicly. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
mainheart:
if u like support masquerade. But when what u are supporting turns against u as it is happening now don't blame on me or the President

Do YOU also suffer from this disease?
Re: Aregbesola Backs Jihad & Opposes Boko Haram by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:14am On Oct 24, 2014
Gbawe:

This is the tragedy of Nigeria today. OP should be ashamed of himself but his kind do not know the meaning of shame or personal integrity. Anything, to include demonizing the character of a good person, is par for the course for most PDP leaders and their followers. This cannot be good for Nigeria's future and I know it is those ,like the hateful and intolerant OP, doing their best to make sure we remain divided along ethic and religious lines who will suffer the most when the Sh1te hits the fan.

Dude you sound so pained, why not direct your anger to Punch. Did I add anything to what they reported?

4 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Backs Jihad & Opposes Boko Haram by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:19am On Oct 24, 2014
Gbawe:

Illiterate fool. You cannot even quote a post correctly. Backward elements like you are the 'collateral damage' agberos that men of evil use, as street level 'avengers', to get their evil ways. Shameless caveman. You are no different to the Boko Haram killers you hate and I am sure you would harm others too given the right circumstances and 'programming'. As for your empty warning, do your worst coward.

Are you by the part in bold referring to the type that Buhari unleashed on innocent youth corpers almost 4 years ago?

4 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Backs Jihad & Opposes Boko Haram by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:21am On Oct 24, 2014
Rays123:
This OP na evil person him be. I checked up this profile all his topics are based on ethnic and religious biased. I advised Seun to ban sunnybobo devil. Cos he's promoting hatred against Muslims one way or another. One Love Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Backs Jihad & Opposes Boko Haram by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:28am On Oct 24, 2014
berem:
Sunnybobo3 the religious bigot!

CJN wetin I do you na?

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Backs Jihad & Opposes Boko Haram by ak47mann(m): 10:34am On Oct 24, 2014
This man is a fanatic people like him will never rule nigeria cool

4 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Backs Jihad & Opposes Boko Haram by Gbawe: 10:37am On Oct 24, 2014
Rays123:

Indeed. The mods should ban the guy permanently but this is Nigeria where everyone wants utopia but fail to recognise the part they have to play in gaining a progressive nation where tolerance is key. Some Mods are sympathetic to the message and mischievous deceit of the OP and this is why they help promote it.

There is no doubt that OP selectively posted incendiary material, while hiding the main body of the article he featured, to promote hatred against Moslems. I know the OP also and 99.9% of his posts are ethnocentric and religiously bigoted. There should be no place on this forum for characters like this if Nigeria is a nation of people who genuinely embrace tolerance and eschew prejudice and extremism.
Re: Aregbesola Backs Jihad & Opposes Boko Haram by nigerianvenom(m): 10:40am On Oct 24, 2014
they are all the same.preaching jihad instead of peace

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Backs Jihad & Opposes Boko Haram by ak47mann(m): 10:42am On Oct 24, 2014
Too many jihadist in nigeria,we can now see why we should keep an eye on them.Those hate preachers and devil incarnates cool

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Backs Jihad & Opposes Boko Haram by EMANY01(m): 10:51am On Oct 24, 2014
OkijaAmaka:
The Jujuman Supreme Leader of Osunistan Sheik Ayotollah Ogbeni Bin Rauf Aragagbashola ibn Sultan have spoken grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The Jujuman Supreme Leader of Osunistan Sheik Ayotollah Ogbeni Bin Rauf Aregbe ibn sholam.......sounds more accurate phonetically.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Backs Jihad & Opposes Boko Haram by Omimah: 10:56am On Oct 24, 2014
I expect the moderators to bring down this thread if they or the OP fail(s) to give us the full transcript of what Aregbesola said and its original title.
Re: Aregbesola Backs Jihad & Opposes Boko Haram by winniz: 11:00am On Oct 24, 2014
Omimah:
[s][/s]I expect the moderators to bring down this thread if they or the OP fail(s) to give us the full transcript of what Aregbesola said and its original title[s][/s]

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Backs Jihad & Opposes Boko Haram by Networkingprof: 11:04am On Oct 24, 2014
A poor man's concept of Jihad is different from the rich man's: one is likely ready to die and the other isn't. A fundamental spectrum of Jihad is different from politicised spectrum of it. Which is closest to the act of the prophet of Islam? Ottoman, Uthman Dan Fodio has some things in common other than names, Jihad. Which is closest to sunah? They became Sultan after Jihad, politicalreligionleadership. Do the Sultan use religion to depose natives of their heritage, place and positions? Ask from Mecca/ Banzantium/Egypt/Hausa/Yoruba etc. Maybe the religion with world power agenda for a selected faithfuls is with us. Jihad or strive is an action word that can only occur by force. Imagine strive in the hands of Shekau. I am a christian, strive here is 'to make heaven' (kingdom of God suffer violence; we wrestle against...darkness) Was God not aware of his offenders? Lets lead them to God or the law of the land and not 'strive' and killings to proselyte. We use 'love' to proselyte: John 3:16.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Backs Jihad & Opposes Boko Haram by Omimah: 11:09am On Oct 24, 2014
[quote author=winniz post=27409134][/quote]
What is this supposed to mean?
Re: Aregbesola Backs Jihad & Opposes Boko Haram by Gbawe: 11:12am On Oct 24, 2014
Omimah:
I expect the moderators to bring down this thread if they or the OP fail(s) to give us the full transcript of what Aregbesola said and its original title.

The OP is like some of the Mods in mentality and I am not surprised they are helping to promote his vile attempt at spreading hatred. Aregbesola's message is the sort Nigerians should be hearing and heeding at this time many desperados have succeeded to divide our nation along ethnic and religious lines to an extent only seen before Nigeria descended into civil war.

One would think, in these days of an idea-based and progress-driven world, Seun and his Mods would do their best to proscribe the spread of mindless hate which could lead to chaos for our nation. Yet OP and his kind,entirely unchecked, continue to thrive and spread their hateful message which can only lead to confrontation, ala Rwanda, everyone will regret. As the Yoruba adage goes "Nkon ti oju nwa,oju a ri".

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Backs Jihad & Opposes Boko Haram by OgologoDimkpa: 4:14pm On Oct 24, 2014
talktimi:
Main Entry: ji·had

Variant(s): also je·had \ji-ˈhäd, chiefly British -ˈhad\

Function: noun

Etymology: Arabic jihād

Date: 1869

1 : a holy war waged on behalf of Islam as a religious duty ; also : a personal struggle in devotion to Islam especially involving spiritual discipline 2 : a crusade for a principle or belief

http://i.word.com/idictionary/jihad

Number 1 is what people are usually uncomfortable with
Well said!
Jihad is another way of imposing Islam to people of other faith.
The sole reason we reject Buhari cos we foresee him enforcing this in Nigeria.
Jihad is evil and it is part of the agenda of APShit

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Backs Jihad & Opposes Boko Haram by OgologoDimkpa: 4:16pm On Oct 24, 2014
ak47mann:
This man is a fanatic people like him will never rule nigeria cool
Likewise their presidential candidate GMB.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ramadan 3: More Worshippers, Don't Discourage Them / Eid Ul Adha 1441AH (2020): Thread To Wish Your Loved Ones A Blessed Eid / The Object Of Life: In An Islamic Way?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.