Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,942 members, 7,806,721 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

EXCLUSIVE: Audit Exposes Massive Corruption In Lagos Local Councils; - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EXCLUSIVE: Audit Exposes Massive Corruption In Lagos Local Councils; (11747 Views)

Aregbesola To Create 31 Local Councils More In Osun / NLC Protests Against "Massive Corruption" (Photos) / El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Audit Exposes Massive Corruption In Lagos Local Councils; by aljharem(m): 7:43am On Oct 24, 2014
APC government is a bedrock of corruption and triple taxation
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Audit Exposes Massive Corruption In Lagos Local Councils; by xij38580: 7:43am On Oct 24, 2014
You don't need audit to show mismanagement of funds anywhere in Nigeria, all you need is a bit of common sense.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Audit Exposes Massive Corruption In Lagos Local Councils; by PStacks(m): 7:53am On Oct 24, 2014
This is not News..
In Nigeria, Corruption is our Life-Style..
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Audit Exposes Massive Corruption In Lagos Local Councils; by Elderlywoman: 8:08am On Oct 24, 2014
This is a silly lie to make them look like saints. These people are not amateur thieves. I know the Ikosi LGC alone stole more than all the modest sum put up here. I talk with facts. The man has 4 3storey buildings on Anibaba St. And another 2 3storey by the gate of Ekiti Street plus several mansions inside Magodo. This is someone who was living in a dingy 3bedroom appt on Oluwalogbon just before he became LGC. Now do the evaluation on your own.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Audit Exposes Massive Corruption In Lagos Local Councils; by slimfit1(m): 8:16am On Oct 24, 2014
Fashola can't even manage his state and the APC state legislature can't even watch these people APC might be dangerous than we think.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Audit Exposes Massive Corruption In Lagos Local Councils; by adedayourt(m): 8:19am On Oct 24, 2014
Fund mis-mgt na normal tin fr 9ja naw
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Audit Exposes Massive Corruption In Lagos Local Councils; by stinggy(m): 8:20am On Oct 24, 2014
Gorgeous58:
So, Ajeromi Ifelodun LGA did not make the list? Surprising
Lmao
That's LG?
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Audit Exposes Massive Corruption In Lagos Local Councils; by JEITO: 8:46am On Oct 24, 2014
Eko koni baje o. cheesy grin
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Audit Exposes Massive Corruption In Lagos Local Councils; by rozayx5(m): 8:55am On Oct 24, 2014
egift --- missing
omenka -- trying to derail
berem -- missing
obiagelli -- missing

APC crew - missing
if it was a PDP state all the above names would be found on the first page. Thank God we know your lot well grin cheesy grin
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Audit Exposes Massive Corruption In Lagos Local Councils; by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 24, 2014
rozayx5:
egift --- missing
omenka -- trying to derail
berem -- missing
obiagelli -- missing

APC crew - missing
if it was a PDP state all the above names would be found on the first page. Thank God we know your lot well grin cheesy grin
Let me know when pdp starts investigating its officials. Thums up Apc, i hope these people get the highest punishment ever.

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Audit Exposes Massive Corruption In Lagos Local Councils; by amnps: 9:01am On Oct 24, 2014
Let's not be deceived, none of these so-called LG councils or LCDAs is working. It's as though all they do is award contracts knowing fully well they will not be implemented and in the long-run, squander such allocated monies.

You don't need anyone to tell you these people are full of shit and aren't doing jack. We all move or drive around and these facts are there for ALL to see.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Audit Exposes Massive Corruption In Lagos Local Councils; by AnanseK(m): 9:13am On Oct 24, 2014
Rotten from the head

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Audit Exposes Massive Corruption In Lagos Local Councils; by cocoduck: 9:19am On Oct 24, 2014
NairaMode:
Big bellied politicians.
Gold chain around their necks.
Wearing babariga and agbada because they are now big men.

Putting their posters on a newly built road using government funds as if it's a big deal to build roads.

Oppressing others and showing you are now in power.

Speaking in a public occasion and you will always try to make sense of what they are saying.

They went into politics for a wrong reason.
They fought their way in...
Most of them are promiscuous, like thuggery, drunkenness, dishonest and so are unfit to rule.

At the end of the tenure, you will realize they haven't done anything creative or spectacular because they are lazy and have surrounded themselves with lazy people without sense and insight.
The effect of this eventually is mismanagement of funds and fraud.
those are economic hitmen
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Audit Exposes Massive Corruption In Lagos Local Councils; by cocoduck: 9:23am On Oct 24, 2014
Elderlywoman:
This is a silly lie to make them look like saints. These people are not amateur thieves. I know the Ikosi LGC alone stole more than all the modest sum put up here. I talk with facts. The man has 4 3storey buildings on Anibaba St. And another 2 3storey by the gate of Ekiti Street plus several mansions inside Magodo. This is someone who was living in a dingy 3bedroom appt on Oluwalogbon just before he became LGC. Now do the evaluation on your own.
na wa ohhh
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Audit Exposes Massive Corruption In Lagos Local Councils; by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 24, 2014
Hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Audit Exposes Massive Corruption In Lagos Local Councils; by eleko1: 9:51am On Oct 24, 2014
sad sad sad sad sad sad sadThe more U look,the less U see.Nkan bee oooo
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Audit Exposes Massive Corruption In Lagos Local Councils; by unclejb2(m): 10:04am On Oct 24, 2014
richardjemedafe1:
A Generation of Young Christians
1. We are always right and we never accept
correction..A corrector is seen as an enemy
2. We love to sing in church, but do not read
our bibles at home
3. We are full of lust, sensuality and emotions
and we call it love
4. we want to have wonderful marriages, but
by the time we are 25years we've spent almost
ten years in relationships already. Sometimes
we may have had more boy lovers and girl
lovers than even our parents.
5. Sexual activities are now part of our
relationships calling it romance
6. we want to be rich in life, meanwhile we
spent all our finances on the latest ipads,
iphone, galaxies, htcs, laptops, cameras etc
which in many cases we use less than 30% of
their functions
7. We do not pay our tithes and offerings
claiming we are students
8. We say we are christian women but dress
like hollywood stars and we call it fashion
9. We love pleasures rather than God
10. In church you will see us with our hands
lifted up singing slow songs which we call
worship but on our phones in our pockets, you
will see pics of naked and half naked women,
hip hop, hip life and we have a nice way of
justifying it.
11. We are hardly convicted when we go to
church because our hearts have been hardened
by the deceitfulness of sin and pride...etc etc
etc
But God forsaw this and warned us in 2Tim.
3...That in the last days
men and women will be lovers of themselves,
lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers,
disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-
control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors,
headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather
than lovers of God, having a form of godliness
but denying its power.
We need to change our ways, we have no
excuse on judgement day, Repent. U can forward if u want to. But I know u wouldn't because is not funny.
share Jesus today to save yourself and the world @large
BIBLICAL TRUTH

#RICHARD JEMEDAFE
thank u, but restrict ur post to the religion section. Else u will be committing the same sin of indiscipline.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Audit Exposes Massive Corruption In Lagos Local Councils; by anonimi: 10:05am On Oct 24, 2014
omenka:
8 out of 57 found wanting, hmmmm, not bad. Nevertheless, it is important that Fashola demonstrates just how much he abhors corruption by making sure those monies are returned to the government coffers and ensure that the law takes its course and found guilty are made to do time (not just let off like Stealer Udula).

We shall be watching!
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Audit Exposes Massive Corruption In Lagos Local Councils; by agentakins: 10:52am On Oct 24, 2014
Ejigbo lcda should top that list. Kehinde Bamgbetan is a rogue.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Audit Exposes Massive Corruption In Lagos Local Councils; by Max24: 11:25am On Oct 24, 2014
Obiagelli:

Let me know when pdp starts investigating its officials. Thums up Apc, i hope these people get the highest punishment ever.
Yes,thumps up to them grin.I guess your people in APC must have tried grin. It has taken them 15years of lagos ruler ship to know they have to audit accounts. So that's your definition of Progressiveness.[b]If it took them close to 16 years to audit ordinary Lagos accounts(which is one state), i wonder how long they will take to audit the whole countrys accounts if they get there in 2015-maybe 16*36years(sorry, am a mathematician). [/b]That means we will entering another "Irin ajo omo Isreali"(a never ending journey to the promised land).

2 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Audit Exposes Massive Corruption In Lagos Local Councils; by shizzleStar: 11:41am On Oct 24, 2014
and how much did tinubu collect 'per head' from the councils? we all know lagos state is tinubus business empire

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Audit Exposes Massive Corruption In Lagos Local Councils; by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 24, 2014
Max24:

Yes,thumps up to them grin.I guess your people in APC must have tried grin. It has taken them 15years of lagos ruler ship to know they have to audit accounts. So that's your definition of Progressiveness.[b]If it took them close to 16 years to audit ordinary Lagos accounts(which is one state), i wonder how long they will take to audit the whole countrys accounts if they get there in 2015-maybe 16*36years(sorry, am a mathematician). [/b]That means we will entering another "Irin ajo omo Isreali"(a never ending journey to the promised land).
At least they did, btw these are new council men and they have spent just above 3yrs. I personally know most of them
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Audit Exposes Massive Corruption In Lagos Local Councils; by Max24: 12:19pm On Oct 24, 2014
Obiagelli:

At least they did, btw these are new council men and they have spent just above 3yrs. I personally know most of them
What about the accounts of the old council men? Were their accounts never audited? To the best of my knowledge this is the first time APC in Lagos is auditing accounts. If they did audit the old accounts what happened to those indicted? Curiously, i have noticed that not one elected official in Lagos has ever been indicted or prosecuted for corruption for the past 15years APC has ruled Lagos. Or can u name any Commissioner, State House of Assembly member, LG Chairman, Councillor ever indicted and prosecuted in Lagos for corruption for the past 15years. Yet,we all pretend that corruption is Nigeria's No 1 albatross. (hope u know am not an adversary but only engaging u in national discourse).

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Audit Exposes Massive Corruption In Lagos Local Councils; by anonimi: 1:57pm On Oct 24, 2014
Max24:

What about the accounts of the old council men? Were their accounts never audited? To the best of my knowledge this is the first time APC in Lagos is auditing accounts. If they did audit the old accounts what happened to those indicted? Curiously, i have noticed that not one elected official in Lagos has ever been indicted or prosecuted for corruption for the past 15years APC has ruled Lagos. Or can u name any Commissioner, State House of Assembly member, LG Chairman, Councillor ever indicted and prosecuted in Lagos for corruption for the past 15years. Yet,we all pretend that corruption is Nigeria's No 1 albatross. (hope u know am not an adversary but only engaging u in national discourse).

Yes, because Nigeria to them is only the federal government UNTIL they get there, (if they do)
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Audit Exposes Massive Corruption In Lagos Local Councils; by Demdem(m): 2:06pm On Oct 24, 2014
Highly unfortunate.
Local government all over the country are conduits for corruption. Bayelsa, rivers, Akwaibom etc, all the chairmen deserves to be hanged from their scrotum.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Audit Exposes Massive Corruption In Lagos Local Councils; by kkbear(m): 2:27pm On Oct 24, 2014
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Audit Exposes Massive Corruption In Lagos Local Councils; by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 24, 2014
Max24:

I dont have info of previous audits but i a glad the state goverment did one and got it out there for everyone to see. It will be great if other states and the FG do same.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Audit Exposes Massive Corruption In Lagos Local Councils; by anonimi: 8:03pm On Oct 24, 2014
Obiagelli:

I dont have info of previous audits but i a glad the state goverment did one and got it out there for everyone to see. It will be great if other states and the FG do same.

FG to also audit the 36 states or what exactly
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Audit Exposes Massive Corruption In Lagos Local Councils; by rhames(m): 8:21pm On Oct 24, 2014
This only happens when "oga Sope" candidates are endorsed by ojuyobo without recourse to due process and competence. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Audit Exposes Massive Corruption In Lagos Local Councils; by Thomsbuky(m): 10:17pm On Oct 24, 2014
I am not surprise with level of corruption taking place in Nigeria local government levels' setup....However what surprise me is kind toothless audit commission ( wastes of resources organisation itself) setup to investigate these corruptions, failure to convict offenders nor save taxpayer any money.....`Why setting up these units for its to come out with distressful headlines, amount of money loss to our thieves politician fraudsters. What are they investigating? why are these looters untourchable?..Do we really learn any lesson of bringing these culprits to justice, that kept on stealing our money with impunity years after years, meant for development of our local areas. Does thing ever work in these God's forsaken nation? When you hear Christian hallelujah and spiritual hear the news (jets and tithes), Muslim will shout Allah Akbar (terrorist death square), even common man on our street want to scam you out of your hard earn money. Its quite pathetic, hopeless situation like lamentation of soddom. Its shame on every Nigerians myself included powerless, unable to do anything as nobody can stop these now...However, I think Total and absolute corrupts detox should start right now in our primary and nursery school...for the next generation for better future legacy. (Please quote me only if you have solution, otherwise save it, I don't need it).

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governors Makinde, Muhammed To Lead PDP Campaign For Kogi, Bayelsa States Polls / Buhari: Nigerians Must Return To Agriculture / Onnoghen: Buhari Extends Appointment of Justice Tanko As Acting CJN By 3 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.