Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,799 members, 7,802,561 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

Stop Registering For UMTE In Cyber- Cafes, JAMB Warns Candidates - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Stop Registering For UMTE In Cyber- Cafes, JAMB Warns Candidates (2488 Views)

Stop Registering For UMTE In Cyber-cafes, JAMB Warns Candidates / Jamb Result 2013...., No Biometric Verification, No Result..., Jamb Warns. / Jamb Warns Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Registering For UMTE In Cyber- Cafes, JAMB Warns Candidates by richardjemedafe1(m): 6:43am On Oct 24, 2014
THE Joint Admission and Matriculation Board
(JAMB), on Thursday, warned prospective
candidates in the forthcoming Unified Tertiary
Matriculation Examination (UTME) in Nasarawa
State, to stop registering at cyber-cafes, saying
majority of the operators are fraudulent.
It, therefore, announced Federal University, Lafia;
Federal Polytechnic, Nasarawa; as well as Biham
University, Karu and Ejade Computer Training
Institute, New-Nyanya ,as four approved
computer-based centres in the state for 2014
UTME.
The administrative officer in charge of the board
in the state, Shehu Salihu, who stated this in
Lafia, then warned the operators of the cyber-
cafes in the state, who had made fraud their daily
routine to, henceforth, desist from such act or
face the music.
According to him, “any candidate, who defies this
warning and registers at cyber-cafés, must be
ready to face the consequence. I, therefore, call
on all the prospective candidates not to register
in any cyber cafe in order to ensure the
genuineness of their registration and avoid
problems.”
Salihu, who explained that the 2015 UTME
examination would purely be computer-based,
said that the board was working in collaboration
with security agencies with a view to curtailing
the unapproved activities of cyber- cafes in the
state.
He said the board had introduced new
innovation into the system and under the new
arrangement, special candidates such as visually
impaired would be given five hours as against
three hours during the their examinations.
The Nigerian Tribune observed a large crowd of
prospective candidates struggling to register at
the JAMB office in Lafia.
One of the candidates, Abdul Musa, who spoke
with our Correspondent lamented that the action
of JAMB to be registering in four designated
centers might not work out because of number
of candidates, seeking admission into tertiary
institutions annually.
Re: Stop Registering For UMTE In Cyber- Cafes, JAMB Warns Candidates by richardjemedafe1(m): 6:45am On Oct 24, 2014
Re: Stop Registering For UMTE In Cyber- Cafes, JAMB Warns Candidates by cokacoola(m): 6:52am On Oct 24, 2014
lipsrsealed
Re: Stop Registering For UMTE In Cyber- Cafes, JAMB Warns Candidates by samuelson06(m): 7:16am On Oct 24, 2014
I see nothing wrong with registering anywhere as far as there is internet connection. These guys are just saying this because those places they refer the students to are people that they have collected 10k for so-called approved registration centers. Everything in Nigeria now is about extortion of money from the masses.

Yes! Samuelson is trusted. New in the industry. I beg for your support too. MTN only for now.
250MB = #400 | 500MB = #700 | 750MB = #1100 | 1GB = #1400 | 2GB = #2700 | 3GB = #4000
https://www.nairaland.com/1963024/support-boy-buy-cheap-mtn#27383105

2 Likes

Re: Stop Registering For UMTE In Cyber- Cafes, JAMB Warns Candidates by RichDad1(m): 7:17am On Oct 24, 2014
Only on Nassarawa or Nationwide?
Re: Stop Registering For UMTE In Cyber- Cafes, JAMB Warns Candidates by ThaProdigy: 8:19am On Oct 24, 2014
samuelson06:
I see nothing wrong with registering anywhere as far as there is internet connection. These guys are just saying this because those places they refer the students to are people that they have collected 10k for so-called approved registration centers. Everything in Nigeria now is about extortion of money from the masses.

250mb for #400? When others dey sell 250mb for #250....No chase ptential costumers away o.
Re: Stop Registering For UMTE In Cyber- Cafes, JAMB Warns Candidates by samuelson06(m): 8:53am On Oct 24, 2014
ThaProdigy:

250mb for #400? When others dey sell 250mb for #250....No chase ptential costumers away o.

It's just because of how am starting. If I sell at that rate i'll definitely run lost. I bought 10GB for 10k. Just check it out nah.

1 Like

Re: Stop Registering For UMTE In Cyber- Cafes, JAMB Warns Candidates by iamrealdeji(m): 10:11am On Oct 24, 2014
They just want to make cybercafe business extinct,this is the only source of patronage they rely on

1 Like

Re: Stop Registering For UMTE In Cyber- Cafes, JAMB Warns Candidates by corperscorner: 4:20pm On Oct 24, 2014
[size=20pt]I wonder how these JAMB officials even passed JAMB in the first place....[/size]

1 Like

Re: Stop Registering For UMTE In Cyber- Cafes, JAMB Warns Candidates by nenergy(m): 4:41pm On Oct 24, 2014
samuelson06:

It's just because of how am starting. If I sell at that rate i'll definitely run lost. I bought 10GB for 10k. Just check it out nah.
You should have gotten you customers down before starting...
competition is much now.. consider selling to your neighbours and church/mosque members.
Re: Stop Registering For UMTE In Cyber- Cafes, JAMB Warns Candidates by alasco1(m): 6:55pm On Oct 24, 2014
nenergy:

competition is much now.. consider selling to your neighbours and church/mosque members.

funy dude!
Re: Stop Registering For UMTE In Cyber- Cafes, JAMB Warns Candidates by Janeify(f): 7:41pm On Oct 24, 2014
corperscorner:
[size=20pt]I wonder how these JAMB officials even passed JAMB in the first place....[/size]
grin
Re: Stop Registering For UMTE In Cyber- Cafes, JAMB Warns Candidates by chaloner(m): 7:53pm On Oct 24, 2014
Now I know it really time for youth to stone dis old mugus and taake over , how can a thinking human being give a full state just 4 registration center , even in anambra state just 3 registration centre and this is after the jamb itself had extorted the same cyber cafes by taking 15, 000 naira each from them for registration code , believe me this will not work and this will be the end of jamb, what I'm seeing by january will surprise everybody even me but I must happen cos they have cross the boundary.
Re: Stop Registering For UMTE In Cyber- Cafes, JAMB Warns Candidates by samuelson06(m): 8:05pm On Oct 24, 2014
nenergy:

Good point. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Stop Registering For UMTE In Cyber- Cafes, JAMB Warns Candidates by Cashio(m): 8:32pm On Oct 24, 2014
when is de jamb exam date sef
Re: Stop Registering For UMTE In Cyber- Cafes, JAMB Warns Candidates by Osyxcel(m): 8:45pm On Oct 24, 2014
samuelson06:

No, you won't run at a loss, you will break even (short-run). Then in the long-run when you've gained trust and attracted enough customers, you will make profit. This is because by then, you would have enough customers, so you can buy higher data at lesser prices and this will give you better returns. Setting high prices when there is enough competition on here will not benefit you. You can use that price for those offline that don't know much about it.
Re: Stop Registering For UMTE In Cyber- Cafes, JAMB Warns Candidates by Osyxcel(m): 8:46pm On Oct 24, 2014
alasco1:

funy dude!

Funny?? but it's the truth.
Re: Stop Registering For UMTE In Cyber- Cafes, JAMB Warns Candidates by Johans(m): 9:11pm On Oct 24, 2014
Jamb getting tough by d year. Another reason to thank God for my admission this year. To all prospective jambites..

*In a priest's voice*

The Lord be with you
Re: Stop Registering For UMTE In Cyber- Cafes, JAMB Warns Candidates by okonja(m): 9:48pm On Oct 24, 2014
See marketing strategy...of all the cafes in Nassarawa state, only 4 is accredited or what's this nonsense am reading self?
Re: Stop Registering For UMTE In Cyber- Cafes, JAMB Warns Candidates by samuelson06(m): 10:52pm On Oct 24, 2014
Osyxcel:

No, you won't run at a loss, you will break even (short-run). Then in the long-run when you've gained trust and attracted enough customers, you will make profit. This is because by then, you would have enough customers, so you can buy higher data at lesser prices and this will give you better returns. Setting high prices when there is enough competition on here will not benefit you. You can use that price for those offline that don't know much about it.

Thanks for your advice. Am going to set them at what everyone else sells. But definitely, I won't chicken out.
Re: Stop Registering For UMTE In Cyber- Cafes, JAMB Warns Candidates by simdam500(m): 11:53pm On Oct 24, 2014
Any man that tries to block way of income for his fellow man will die of hunger!

Our govt is not helping our issue, dibu and his crew want to have it all for themselve.

Bunch of thieves
Re: Stop Registering For UMTE In Cyber- Cafes, JAMB Warns Candidates by kelechiMarie(f): 12:54am On Oct 25, 2014
At this rate,registration fees will increase and a lot of students might be unable to register and the article only mentions nasarawa state,am I to assume that's the only place you can register
Re: Stop Registering For UMTE In Cyber- Cafes, JAMB Warns Candidates by sekzy99(m): 4:03am On Oct 25, 2014
corperscorner:
e no rite jamb
Re: Stop Registering For UMTE In Cyber- Cafes, JAMB Warns Candidates by Smily202(m): 6:33am On Oct 25, 2014
Where the Bleep did they want us to register..

They must be high on weed
Re: Stop Registering For UMTE In Cyber- Cafes, JAMB Warns Candidates by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:53am On Oct 25, 2014
Smily202:
Where the Bleep did they want us to register..

Go all the way to nasarawa
Re: Stop Registering For UMTE In Cyber- Cafes, JAMB Warns Candidates by Nutase: 9:01am On Oct 25, 2014
arrant nonsense
Re: Stop Registering For UMTE In Cyber- Cafes, JAMB Warns Candidates by felai: 5:39pm On Oct 25, 2014
Story for the gods.
Abeg who get Jamb Access Code for here? Need to start registering candidate ASAP.

(1) (Reply)

What Does Shorter Day, Longer Night And Longer Day Really Mean? / Jamb Slip Reprint Begins 2nd March--to Learn How To Re-print.... / 2015 Jamb Cut Off Marks For Universities And Polytechnics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.