Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:41 PM

I Don't Believe In Local Govt. Autonomy - LCDA Chairman - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don't Believe In Local Govt. Autonomy - LCDA Chairman (10693 Views)

Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After / Kehinde Bamigbetan( Ejigbo LCDA Chairman) Kidnapped / Ejigbo LCDA Chairman, Kehinde Bamigbetan Kidnapped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Believe In Local Govt. Autonomy - LCDA Chairman by bigwig10(m): 10:14am On Oct 24, 2014
God save Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: I Don't Believe In Local Govt. Autonomy - LCDA Chairman by Samgreguc(m): 10:22am On Oct 24, 2014
He didn't give any reason for his being against.......
And yes, I hate the every month-end going to Abuja for money by states.
Re: I Don't Believe In Local Govt. Autonomy - LCDA Chairman by KnowAll(m): 10:34am On Oct 24, 2014
The issue of LG Autonomy borders on what is called " Federating Units" we cannot possibly have 477 federating units. It is understandable to have 36 federating units but not 477. LG Autonomy is dead on arrival. After LG Autonomy d next autonomy would be "Ward Autonomy" and after that "street Autonomy, where would this madness end. Presumably family or Home Autonomy.

I have even forgotten that we once had Kalakuta Republic in Surulere Lagos.
Re: I Don't Believe In Local Govt. Autonomy - LCDA Chairman by wengerjay(m): 10:35am On Oct 24, 2014
Smart guy,he knows as LCDA Chairman,the allocation coming directly from the fed govt is for the main local govts recognised by the national assembly.His political office is under threat.

4 Likes

Re: I Don't Believe In Local Govt. Autonomy - LCDA Chairman by oniconx: 10:37am On Oct 24, 2014
pheesayor:
All y'all condemning without reading his reasons, what is wrong with true federalism and each states and region allowed to develop themselves? There's too much power at the center that's why we blame GEJ for everything and the Jonathanians say we are being unfair but that's the truth. True federalism is the way out...
. True federalism also includes local govt( mind you not LCDA) autonomy. Otherwise No need for elected government at LG.
Re: I Don't Believe In Local Govt. Autonomy - LCDA Chairman by miqos02(m): 10:58am On Oct 24, 2014
not4sure:
I couldn't blame him. He is trying to be loyal to his boss and godfather
as in jagaban?

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Believe In Local Govt. Autonomy - LCDA Chairman by greaterlove(m): 11:18am On Oct 24, 2014
Sometimes I wonder if we Nigerians really want change, I can't believe a man who has held such a seat can be saying so.
Why will we want to sacrifice this because some governors want to keep the money allocated to local governments to themselves?
Re: I Don't Believe In Local Govt. Autonomy - LCDA Chairman by dewfun: 12:29pm On Oct 24, 2014
Hummmm. What do you expect of a stooge. He must have been hand-picked by 'baba sope'. That's why he won't see anything bad in it LG autonomy.

The autonomy of the LGs will enable the people at the grassroots to decide without any God father influence since election will be based on performance at the local level. The scrapping of the siec will also give credence to the autonomy of the LGs.
Re: I Don't Believe In Local Govt. Autonomy - LCDA Chairman by jbest247: 12:37pm On Oct 24, 2014
U see how greedy the so called NGF is?
So its this LG autonomy that now bring you people together!
It wouldn't work for u. LGA has come to stay.
You should start crying not protesting
Re: I Don't Believe In Local Govt. Autonomy - LCDA Chairman by menice69: 12:49pm On Oct 24, 2014
AJOT99:
Wetin concern me. Mtchew....

Na u sabi.....
wetin concern u?!No wonder ur life hasn't changed
Re: I Don't Believe In Local Govt. Autonomy - LCDA Chairman by loswhite(m): 2:26pm On Oct 24, 2014
Dannyset:
LGs rarely hav d ability to manage funds. They will end up mismanaging it since dey won't be monitored by State govts. And I think d FG is just looking for ways to hijack grass root politics from opposition party States. Any which way, let d best favour me.
do state government mismanage funds? If yes have that made u to speak against their own autonomy? The state government are just very greedy, They kip eating the money allocated to local government and give whatever they like to the local government. The local government is closer to the people hence they should have autonomy.
Re: I Don't Believe In Local Govt. Autonomy - LCDA Chairman by kkbear(m): 2:34pm On Oct 24, 2014
Lagos For The People Association: https://www.nairaland.com/1961954/lagos-people-association
folahann:
I agree with him a bit. What I am against is state governors taking total control of LGs
Re: I Don't Believe In Local Govt. Autonomy - LCDA Chairman by ogtavia(m): 3:10pm On Oct 24, 2014
stalyf:
I seriously don't even know what to comment after booking space and reading this post.
Maybe I should ask, will Local Government autonomy bring more dividends of democracy to grassroots? If yes, then it's a welcome development.

If it doesn't,I dnt what else will...its jst to show u d disregard for the rule of law and constitution,if d law and constitution stipulates autonomy for local governments,then it is law,refusal to allow it st
Re: I Don't Believe In Local Govt. Autonomy - LCDA Chairman by ogtavia(m): 3:12pm On Oct 24, 2014
stalyf:
I seriously don't even know what to comment after booking space and reading this post.
Maybe I should ask, will Local Government autonomy bring more dividends of democracy to grassroots? If yes, then it's a welcome development.

If it doesn't,I dnt what else will...its jst to show u d disregard for the rule of law and constitution,if d law and constitution stipulates autonomy for local governments,then it is law,refusal to allow it to stand is treasonable and criminal....I dnt knw y dis debate abt autonomy is raging on and on...our supposed leaders don't even respect d law of d land..where ar we headed then?

1 Like

Re: I Don't Believe In Local Govt. Autonomy - LCDA Chairman by AJOT99(m): 4:05pm On Oct 24, 2014
menice69:
wetin concern u?!No wonder ur life hasn't changed

Wait, who are u? I don't know u from Adam. What's ur problem? It obvious u need some spiritual therapy.
Re: I Don't Believe In Local Govt. Autonomy - LCDA Chairman by delvinmaya(m): 4:26pm On Oct 24, 2014
KnowAll:
The issue of LG Autonomy borders on what is called " Federating Units" we cannot possibly have 477 federating units. It is understandable to have 36 federating units but not 477. LG Autonomy is dead on arrival. After LG Autonomy d next autonomy would be "Ward Autonomy" and after that "street Autonomy, where would this madness end. Presumably family or Home Autonomy.

I have even forgotten that we once had Kalakuta Republic in Surulere Lagos.

for your mind now, you done make sense abi? Indeed you know nothing.
Re: I Don't Believe In Local Govt. Autonomy - LCDA Chairman by maestroferddi: 4:49pm On Oct 24, 2014
I monitored that programme yesterday.

The man was just blabbing away and was merely trying to obfuscate issues.

It was heartwarming that his co-guests and some call-in respondents were not deluded by his hocus-pocus. Bar. Justin Uhuegbu really gave it to him as he was struggling to verbalise the script prepared for him by his Ogas at the top.
Re: I Don't Believe In Local Govt. Autonomy - LCDA Chairman by Olagbenga95(m): 6:25pm On Oct 24, 2014
wow!!! it mk sense nw at least d state wnt seat on ur allocation again.,frm federal straight to Local #TeamOau #TeamNaslogos
Re: I Don't Believe In Local Govt. Autonomy - LCDA Chairman by GoodcasHMan: 8:28pm On Oct 24, 2014
All these arguments bugles down to stealing and corruption even our number
one leader said there is no corruption but stealing and very unfortunate the judiciary
are yet to differentiate between the both to us. What a pity

1 Like

Re: I Don't Believe In Local Govt. Autonomy - LCDA Chairman by mikolo80: 9:35pm On Oct 25, 2014
Dannyset:
LGs rarely hav d ability to manage funds. They will end up mismanaging it since dey won't be monitored by State govts. And I think d FG is just looking for ways to hijack grass root politics from opposition party States. Any which way, let d best favour me.
so fg and Sgs Are managing the funds well abi,brainiac?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abia Govt Blasts Nkechi Nwaogu Who Called Abia "A Failed State Under PDP" / Atiku Abubakar Speaks On Maiduguri Bomb Blast / Breaking!!!! Nmandi Kanu,esn Unveiled Locally Manufactured Rocket Missiles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.